hog tube? - 10/28/12 08:06 PM

How are you guys making your hog tubes?
Posted By: Texsun

Re: hog tube? - 10/28/12 08:48 PM

Posted By: possom813

Re: hog tube? - 10/28/12 09:24 PM

That's too many holes in that one.

I use 4" pvc

I make it 4' long. On the end that you're going to permanently cap, I cut a piece of 2x4 round to fit inside the pvc fairly well, then screw it in place about 10" from the end. I fill that with a handful of pebbles and then put the cap on it.

Put the removable cap on the other end, with the threaded cap. On the cap that threads in, put your eye-bolt and swivel. Drill 4 holes about 1/2" in it, total. I stagger them so that a there's always one facing down.

That's how mine are built, with about 5' of cable hung over a t-post.

The hogs have stayed around for a couple of hours after the pipe is empty. I don't know that the pebbles cause this, but that's what I assume, because it still makes noise.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: hog tube? - 10/29/12 02:49 AM

Possum, I just learned something. Thanks. Pebbles....who'd a thunk it....
Posted By: Mopar 512

Re: hog tube? - 10/29/12 11:03 AM

I used one similar to the one in the picture but with only two holes in it. Still had to refill it every two or three days. Ditched that idea and made a pig barrel out of a 35 gallon plastic drum. Would hold a complete bag of corn. A refill would last a couple weeks.
Posted By: Big.Man

Re: hog tube? - 10/29/12 12:14 PM

click on the link below bro butttom of my picture
Posted By: Big.Man

Re: hog tube? - 10/29/12 12:35 PM

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2365660/Homemaid_Hog_Feeder#Post2365660
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: hog tube? - 10/30/12 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Mopar 512
Ditched that idea and made a pig barrel out of a 35 gallon plastic drum. Would hold a complete bag of corn. A refill would last a couple weeks.

This... ^^^^
Posted By: passthru

Re: hog tube? - 10/30/12 03:55 PM

Apparently with inadequate swivels because they broke both of mine.
Posted By: Wader

Re: hog tube? - 10/30/12 07:35 PM

Take water or coke bottles that will fit inside your tube and fill them with corn, leave the lids off and drop them in as you fill the tube. The bottles will continue to dribble corn long after the rest of the tube is empty. This is really handy for property that you don't visit often.

-ww
Posted By: txd33rhunt3r

Re: hog tube? - 10/31/12 01:55 AM

my eye bolts busted out of both of my end caps on mine. I need to find another solution for that.
Posted By: pafree

Re: hog tube? - 10/31/12 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: txd33rhunt3r
my eye bolts busted out of both of my end caps on mine. I need to find another solution for that.

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2354830/2

are you using fender washers on the eye bolt on the inside? also double nutting on the end of the eye bolt and leaving it loose to move will also help.
Posted By: Big Will

Re: hog tube? - 11/04/12 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By: pafree
Originally Posted By: txd33rhunt3r

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2354830/2

are you using fender washers on the eye bolt on the inside? also double nutting on the end of the eye bolt and leaving it loose to move will also help.

X2
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum