Votes accepted starting: 09/22/09 11:56 PM
Re: indian corn poll [Re: wfontjr] #921399 09/23/09 12:05 AM
D
DSST_Construction Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
i voted no, id rather ban some of the libs JMO

We work anything an everything masonry,we have been in this trade for over 40+ years of experience.
We fix/repair/build anything masonry

DSST Construction Services
Deputy (713) 826-4451
Office (713) 417-7167
Email k5blaser88@yahoo.com

Re: indian corn poll [Re: DSST_Construction] #921405 09/23/09 12:10 AM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: Texas_White_boy
i voted no, id rather ban some of the libs JMO

+1

Re: indian corn poll [Re: JCB] #921410 09/23/09 12:13 AM
S
Stoney Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I vote no also but +1 for the libs, which brings up a curious conundrum, should you be banned for bringing up indian corn to begin with?

BAKEN-ET's Pro Staff
Re: indian corn poll [Re: Stoney] #921416 09/23/09 12:15 AM
D
DSST_Construction Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: craigr
I vote no also but +1 for the libs, which brings up a curious conundrum, should you be banned for bringing up indian corn to begin with?

good point bang

We work anything an everything masonry,we have been in this trade for over 40+ years of experience.
We fix/repair/build anything masonry

DSST Construction Services
Deputy (713) 826-4451
Office (713) 417-7167
Email k5blaser88@yahoo.com

Re: indian corn poll [Re: Stoney] #921423 09/23/09 12:18 AM
C
Curly Offline
Overrated
Overrated
C
Originally Posted By: craigr

loco

Re: indian corn poll [Re: DSST_Construction] #921443 09/23/09 12:24 AM
A
age n score Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
popcorn It must be getting too close to hunting season. I still wonder why someone would get mad or gumb a person's sac about how they hunt, or what they feed? But a good poll now and then is a good idea if you have nothing better to do with your time. I often ponder as to why a person would be drawn to hunting and the outdoors, and this website, only to harp about what the next person does with their time in the wilderness.
But alas..........for me I will keep feeding Indian Corn, as the deer really seem to like it, and stay at my feeder longer. up

Last edited by age n score; 09/23/09 12:54 AM.

I feed Indian Corn, the deer really seem to like it and stay at the feeder longer......and longer....!
Re: indian corn poll [Re: age n score] #921458 09/23/09 12:28 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I am planning on feeding ornamental corn. My wife said that is what they call it at the craft stores. I heard the deer stay 3 times as long with the ornamental corn as the other corn.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: indian corn poll [Re: dogcatcher] #921467 09/23/09 12:31 AM
C
Curly Offline
Overrated
Overrated
C
I'll throw some corn on the cobs around my feeder. When the deer are done eating the corn, I can use the cobs.

Re: indian corn poll [Re: Curly] #921646 09/23/09 01:43 AM
J
Jayrod Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
I like to feed the miniature corn like they use in stir fry. The deer are hungry an hour after they eat and come back for more. up

Nature without man is unnatural
Re: indian corn poll [Re: Jayrod] #921676 09/23/09 01:55 AM
Longhorn95 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I'm going to feed candy corn among other things in just a matter of weeks... Halloween is coming.

Candy Corn: I seem to like it and spend more time at the candy dish.

Re: indian corn poll [Re: Longhorn95] #921682 09/23/09 01:58 AM
A
AdgerC15 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
A
Ill be mixin corn meal in my feeders and then prior to each hunt I think ill spread some corn syrup around...that sugary aroma kills em!

Candy Corn works good too!

ac

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Conservation means development as much as it does protection.
- Theodore Roosevelt
Re: indian corn poll [Re: age n score] #922461 09/23/09 01:59 PM
W
WTGuide Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: age n score
popcorn It must be getting too close to hunting season. I still wonder why someone would get mad or gumb a person's sac about how they hunt, or what they feed? But a good poll now and then is a good idea if you have nothing better to do with your time. I often ponder as to why a person would be drawn to hunting and the outdoors, and this website, only to harp about what the next person does with their time in the wilderness.
But alas..........for me I will keep feeding Indian Corn, as the deer really seem to like it, and stay at my feeder longer. up

My problem with the deer "staying at the feeder longer" is this....I usually like to stay in my blind for longer periods of time than do most hunters however; I tend to eat alot of bean and cheese tacos and carne gasda. If the deer are hanging around longer it's much harder to sneak out behind my blind to answer natures' call when the ole rumbling and tumbling of the bowels becomes a dancing emergency. If the deer are hanging around longer then this would most certainly cause a delima...JMHO confused2

Think you can/Think you can't/Either way you're right

Re: indian corn poll [Re: WTGuide] #922465 09/23/09 02:04 PM
H
Hawgg Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I am using pea gravel this year. I painted it in several different colors and added c'meere deer to the paint. Maybe Hank Parker will be my huckleberry.

Re: indian corn poll [Re: WTGuide] #922513 09/23/09 02:24 PM
A
age n score Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: WTGuide

My problem with the deer "staying at the feeder longer" is this....I usually like to stay in my blind for longer periods of time than do most hunters however; I tend to eat alot of bean and cheese tacos and carne gasda. If the deer are hanging around longer it's much harder to sneak out behind my blind to answer natures' call when the ole rumbling and tumbling of the bowels becomes a dancing emergency. If the deer are hanging around longer then this would most certainly cause a delima...JMHO confused2

I could not agree more. When I get in the blind my lower half of my body has a mind of it's own. I have tried to change my diet to make things better, but so far no luck. flush I've even tried to go before I get in the blind, and still 5-10 min before daylight, my system will start making noises that words can not describe. A few years ago I started carrying a 5 gallon bucket to the blind with me, and after several tests now I put a big industrial trash sack in the bucket. It is somewhat odd to be sitting there ridding myself of the deamons while looking at the deer at the feeder, but at least I'm still hunting. This is one more reason I feed Indian Corn, as the deer really seem to like it and stay at my feeder longer......... woot up

I feed Indian Corn, the deer really seem to like it and stay at the feeder longer......and longer....!
Re: indian corn poll [Re: age n score] #922575 09/23/09 02:43 PM
W
WTGuide Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W

I could not agree more. When I get in the blind my lower half of my body has a mind of it's own. I have tried to change my diet to make things better, but so far no luck. flush I've even tried to go before I get in the blind, and still 5-10 min before daylight, my system will start making noises that words can not describe. A few years ago I started carrying a 5 gallon bucket to the blind with me, and after several tests now I put a big industrial trash sack in the bucket. It is somewhat odd to be sitting there ridding myself of the deamons while looking at the deer at the feeder, but at least I'm still hunting. This is one more reason I feed Indian Corn, as the deer really seem to like it and stay at my feeder longer......... woot up

Well, if this works for you then I'm glad. As for me, my system goes into total lockdown if there is an audience. Even public restrooms present a problem for me. If I know someone or something is there then the pucker factor increases to a unheard of scientific level. I once tried the "bucket system" in my blind however; the "Intial first wave" had air pockets and the deer immediatley threw up the heads and focused on the blind...then "Lockdown" occurred...lost the urge for 3 days. Thus, reverting back to my original statement, feeding "Indian Corn" would create a problem if they stay at the fedder longer..... flush

Re: indian corn poll [Re: WTGuide] #923023 09/23/09 06:14 PM
W
wellingtontx Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
I see the mention of that item and immediately know that little or no useful information is being provided by the post. I go into skip mode immediately.

Re: indian corn poll [Re: wfontjr] #923049 09/23/09 06:21 PM
R
RICK O'SHAY Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
What the heck do you have against Indian corn???

Deer really seem to like it and stay at the feeder longer!

DISCLAIMER
ATTENTION: Your decision should NEVER be based SOLELY upon my advice, recomendation, or opinion.
Re: indian corn poll [Re: RICK O'SHAY] #923182 09/23/09 07:23 PM
A
age n score Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: RICK O'SHAY
What the heck do you have against Indian corn???

Deer really seem to like it and stay at the feeder longer!

clap up

Re: indian corn poll [Re: wellingtontx] #923384 09/23/09 08:50 PM
W
WTGuide Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: wellingtontx
I see the mention of that item and immediately know that little or no useful information is being provided by the post. I go into skip mode immediately.

Not if you chimed in here did you go to skip mode..... rofl

Re: indian corn poll [Re: WTGuide] #923412 09/23/09 09:01 PM
C
CBHunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: wellingtontx

Not if you chimed in here did you go to skip mode..... rofl

Indian corn wins again!!!!

Originally Posted by pkpxavier
My wife's only thing is it can't stare at her when she is eating or sleeping!
Re: indian corn poll [Re: wfontjr] #923642 09/23/09 10:40 PM
G
gogburn Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: wfontjr
next person uses "indian corn" in a poll banned for two weeks
smile

vote yes or no

I think the last person that used "indian corn" in a poll should be banned for a month. laugh

Re: indian corn poll [Re: gogburn] #925457 09/24/09 08:33 PM
W
WTGuide Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: gogburn
Originally Posted By: wfontjr
next person uses "indian corn" in a poll banned for two weeks
smile

vote yes or no

I think the last person that used "indian corn" in a poll should be banned for a month. laugh

That poor horse.... crying

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide