Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Hunting solo [Re: Bucks and Ducks] #919011 09/22/09 01:12 AM
K
kdub Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted By: Bucks and Ducks
Never, its a rule at our deer lease. A guy was scouting Lake Lavon a couple months back and got stuck in the mud and fell forward into the mud and suffocated.

Im pretty sure that a seizure played a role in that, not that that makes any difference to his family.

On a lighter note, I hunt alone quite a bit, but not as much as I used to, everybody always wants to hunt with me because Im a badarse hunter. laugh bolt

Re: Hunting solo [Re: gcop1] #919075 09/22/09 01:38 AM
R
rstewlandman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: gcop1
I lost my best friend Novemeber 1st, last year in a hunting accident at the deer lease. I was not in the stand with him. I had taken his 15 yr old son to a wheat field to hunt. As he entered his elevated box blind, wasp's swarmed out after him. He lost his balance and fell. Unfortunately, we all use T-posts at the base of our stands to fasten the legs down. Keith fell and was impaled on the T-post. It entered his left side just above his belt, and exited his back near his left kideny. He called his son on the walkie talkie, and we got to him within minutes. He had managed to get himself off of the T-post and had began to walk down a dirt road before collapsing. Some ranchers came by and helped me load him into the back of their truck. Keith died shortly after we headed out. The doctors stated that due to his injuries, if a truama center had been 50 yards from where he fell, they could not have saved his life.
I guess my point is, if it's my/your time to go, it must be that time.
Everyone take care, be safe, and please don't put T-post near the base of your stand,, move them away from the base, and run tension lines
Clint

First off I want you to know I said many a prayer for you, his son and his family, this was a tragic event that we all can learn from.

However, when you say if it's/your time to go it must be that time, that phrase often puts caution aside, kinda like if you ride a motorcycle and you don't wear a helment, saying well if Its my time to go then....I know if your situation no one could have saved him, but in a lot of dagerous situations the presence of a buddy can save lives, IMO people should hunt with a partner when possible, not to say I always do, but its not a bad plan either.

the man at the top of the mountain didn't fall up it
Re: Hunting solo [Re: james77351] #920224 09/22/09 03:48 PM
F
FM-Mark Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
F
Originally Posted By: james77351
i hunt alone all the time. my wife doesn't hunt so she doesn't go out there. i set all my bow stands up alone i keep my phone close sometimes but i only hunt about 10mints from my house and my wife knows were my stand are and if im not home at the right time and haven't called she will come find me

Hey, I'm willing to drive to BFE for a good hunt!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide