Forums46
Topics539,487
Posts9,750,214
Members87,166
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Five Shot Dead in Wis. Hunting Dispute [Re: Bonehead] #9108 11/22/04 07:35 PM
T
TheHag Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Would you guys PLEASE go back to each post you have just made and delete the profanity. My edit finger is getting tired.

Re: Five Shot Dead in Wis. Hunting Dispute [Re: DTCOOPER] #9109 11/22/04 07:46 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
DT the older I get the more hair I've got where I don't want it!!! Like in my ears!!! but I've got as much as I ever had on my head...finally can go more than 7-10 days without a haircut though so it the growth rate is finally slowing down. It definitely has less "color" to it though.

Yes I know all about being "profiled". I get profiled in south Louisiana for not being "brown eyed" or having a New Orleans brogue, in New York for not saying "youse gIuys" or "fugeddaboudit" or having any kind of manners in LA LOL! In Boston for "tawkin' so SLOW" or not being able to understand "gettin' a cuppa kawfee" or "where ta Pahk ma cah?" Or being "straight" in San Francisco LOLOLOL!!! We all profile each other about something and make stereotypical judgements about the other person...Republicans x Democrats, Longhorns and (insert your choice) Aggies, Sooners ...nah Mustangs don't count anymore! LOL! Ford drivers x Chevy drivers ...I hate that little guy in the back window watering his garden. I grew up being taught that damYankee was one word but learned to keep my mouth shut about it with extended family members from Ohio.
I think the shooter panicked when he was confronted and threatened with a Azz whoopin' for Trespassing. Yes he was a minority and probably treated like I would be in Harlem if I was hustling some sweet young thing.
Can you imagine being a Game Warden anywhere and walking into a camp full of armed and not always friendly people standing around drinking for how long??? THAT takes some 'jones!!!
The worst fight I ever lost was when I backed a smaller guy into a corner and promised him I was gonna make sure he couldn't walk home as he was "poaching" OUR Dairy Queen...makes my head hurt remembering that one! He bit me anywhere he could bite me he kicked me anywhere I could not stop his feet from reaching ...but he BELIEVED every word I had said and was terrified he was going to die...H@@@ I thought I WAS GONNA DIE!!! Duh. Helped put an end to the myth that I was some kind of bad Azz for being 5'8" and 135 lbs soaking wet as senior in high school. You'd never know that weight to look at me now as you well know. But I did lose 40+ this year and am under 235-240 for the first time in 25 years.
Yep the guy panicked when he realized what he'd done and thought he could Rambo his way out of the deal... Real Life is SOOOO different from Hollywood. The guy has earned whatever comes his way "the old fashioned way" and Please Please Please put me on that Jury. I can do it coach I can do It just put me in coach just put me on that jury and we won't need anything for lunch. NO EXCUSES for this one, no racial, no Public Land BS, No I'm lost and didn't really wanna do it.
Ya'll remember the posts about seeing PURPLE PAINT on fences or signs??? in Texas that is just like a Posted Sign you are crossing into private peoperty.
What every Hunter in this or any other State needs to do is to make sure every news report is reported honestly and fairly and any slanted or anti Hunting bias shown be addressed with direct and repeated contact with the responsible news organization. The Truth will set you free.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Five Shot Dead in Wis. Hunting Dispute [Re: WileyCoyote] #9110 11/22/04 07:55 PM
B
Bonehead Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I'm sure that the NRA has it's best people all over it. At least, i hope so! We hunters need to stand firmly together in the storm of liberal media and anti's. The truth will come out in due time and the guilty will dearly pay.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."..Dr.Suess
Re: Five Shot Dead in Wis. Hunting Dispute [Re: rickt300] #9111 11/22/04 08:01 PM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Rick, my only comment is and has been, I have never met you nor you me. That you have such strong convictions about what you feel are injustices, is your priveledge. As I have said before, I am participating in these forums to exchange ideas and opinions. I don't start picking on you till after I have read what you posted. I will be willing to bet that I have shot more deer by walking them up, then you have, I do not like to hunt out of a stand, simply because I have always had better luck getting out and trying to find them. We have stands and feeders so that our wives and my hunting partners teenage daughter can hunt with out having to try and hunt the way Ron and I do. You keep writing like you know everything about me, the way I hunt, how I feel about people that hunt public land, well you have won, I realize, and I should have done this earlier that out of all the people participating, I am the only one stupid enough to get down on your level of immaturity and respond to such rantings about this subject. Since you are so well versed in the history of the United States and Texas, can you please post anything you can find that says hunting or fishing is a guaranteed right of the citizens of any state. Hunting and fishing are priveledges that are granted, whether we agree with it or not. The fact still remains, if you have such strong opinions, complain to Austin.

Re: Five Shot Dead in Wis. Hunting Dispute [Re: Bonehead] #9112 11/22/04 09:43 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
From the 4PM EST Associated Press update it appears that some sanity is finally overcoming the sensationalism. AP is reporting that the shooter was spotted in a tree stand on private property, approached and asked to leave, climbed down and was walking away when he turned and fired without provocation or any known reason. Then shot people as they came to the rescue of the downed hunters, some more than once. Only one weapon was found among the various hunters. Still unclear about who fired first so it appears that at some time the one rifle the hunters had was fired.
Sounds like a Trespassing Hate Crime to me...but thats just me.
The AP report also had scrubbed the inane comment about the SKS being a common hunting rifle, and seemed pretty striaght forward with no bias or slanted reporting... we'll see what the major news outlets follow up with but if this is what is on the wire then the truth of the tragedy should be pretty clean.
This guy must have freaked over something...wonder if we'll ever get the real story without some spin on it. Watch for the local guys to try to sex up the story with some breathless BS about breaking news. They need to go find a life and do something besides read a teleprompter....not that I disbelieve anything I see on TeeVee... where's Robert Tilton when we need him! LOL!
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Five Shot Dead in Wis. Hunting Dispute [Re: WileyCoyote] #9113 11/23/04 01:12 AM
bankrunner Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Looks like the national networks decided to let this one go by, thank goodness. However, I do believe we will hear more about it from all of the groups that are against us from square one. A tragedy, prayers and thoughts out to the families that lost loved ones to this... as for the 'suspect', hope he gets what is due. Can you imagine the jury pool???? All dressed in Camo and smiling

In Memory of my 36 yr old nephew Paul Dobbins that lost his fight to cancer... Never GIVE UP !!! He fought it hard and was determined all the way to the end to beat it.
Re: Five Shot Dead in Wis. Hunting Dispute [Re: cody] #9114 11/23/04 09:11 AM
J
JBCooper Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
Well, after reading many of the posts on AOL's article, I know that there are too many antis out there for this crap to be tolerated! This guy first and foremost, was TRESPASSING! He was approached, asked to leave, acts as if that's what he's doing, removes the scope from his SKS, and opens fire!!! Nevermind his race, creed or religion, he should fry like an egg in a skillet! I cannot believe that anyone would refer to this guy as a hunter! HE IS A MURDERER! I am sorry if I seem hostile about the subject but I am irate! I have hunted in Minnesota, near Wisconsin, and they have fences up there, just like we have here...he knew good and well that he was on private property. All I can say is I hope the jury in his trial is given all of the facts and allowed to hear from the surviving family members...There is no question in my mind that this jerk-off will burn. He'll burn here and in the after-life!

Re: Five Shot Dead in Wis. Hunting Dispute [Re: JBCooper] #9115 11/23/04 12:50 PM
D
DTCOOPER Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Nevermind his race, creed or religion, he should fry like an egg in a skillet!

Dang Jeremy, don't hold back... tell us how you really feel.

Daniel
Just Because... That's why.
Re: Five Shot Dead in Wis. Hunting Dispute [Re: DTCOOPER] #9116 11/23/04 01:08 PM
G
G_dove Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
G
Sad the sixth person died overnight. Someone asked about the SKS being a common deer rifle. It's not I have never seen one while hunting up there. Spoke with my father overnight and he said the hunting community up there is hot under the collar for this guy. Hope he never walks without a bullet-proof vest in that state.

What! You missed!
Re: Five Shot Dead in Wis. Hunting Dispute [Re: Txduckman] #9117 11/23/04 01:16 PM
F
fishhuntgolfgeek Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
Well...my 2 cents says the guy was a cold-blooded murderer regardless of his ethnicity and/or background. This will go down as premeditated murder as he walked away and then racked his SKS assault rifle and tracked each victim down to kill. Apparently he does have a domestic violence past and this shows he has no emotional control. I only pray Wisconsin has the death penalty as the jury pool will definately not be in his favor.

Live Free or Die...
Re: Five Shot Dead in Wis. Hunting Dispute [Re: fishhuntgolfgeek] #9118 11/23/04 02:29 PM
Big Orn Offline
great white gorilla
great white gorilla
I can't help but feel that there's more to this than what we're being told - or that anyone knows yet. Yes, he had two separate calls since his 20 years here, (he's a US Vet), but that's not really a good indicator. What is a fairly good indicator is that he is now a cold-blooded murderer - despite how the incident started.

Also, despite who is to blame, and despite the Hmong people's difficulities, this man committed a crime personally, individually, that warrants the death penalty.

Re: Five Shot Dead in Wis. Hunting Dispute [Re: fishhuntgolfgeek] #9119 11/23/04 02:35 PM
W
Whitey Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
I think we're all missing the point here. The guy who committed the crime must have some real emotional/psychological issues. In my opinion, it's not a tresspassing issue, a public land issue, a length of season issue, a racial issue, an automatic rifle issue or even a "hunting" issue!

If this crime hadn't happened on a hunting trip, how do we know he wouldn't have slaughtered fellow employees at the trucking company he works for? WE DON'T!

I submit to you that an unstable individual like this guy was a ticking timebomb and was ready to explode. It could have been at his job, his church or his kids school but it was probably inevitable.

Re: Five Shot Dead in Wis. Hunting Dispute [Re: Whitey] #9120 11/23/04 03:57 PM
B
bluewavemike Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Hang his ass !! That should be the issue.

MD Smith >>>-----> You gota kill it before you grill it
Re: Five Shot Dead in Wis. Hunting Dispute [Re: bluewavemike] #9121 11/23/04 04:07 PM
Big Orn Offline
great white gorilla
great white gorilla
Quote:

Hang his ass !! That should be the issue.

Blue - does that MD stand for Mad Dog?

Seems like hanging is just too easy these days. The Justice System don't want to KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) anymore.

Re: Five Shot Dead in Wis. Hunting Dispute [Re: Big Orn] #9122 11/23/04 04:16 PM
C
cody Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Isn't hanging still a viable method of execution in a couple of states? I think Colorado might be one of them.

Re: Five Shot Dead in Wis. Hunting Dispute [Re: cody] #9123 11/23/04 05:12 PM
G
G_dove Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
G
Sorry to inform everyone that Wisconsin does not have the death sentnce. Max is life without parol.

What! You missed!
Re: Five Shot Dead in Wis. Hunting Dispute [Re: G_dove] #9124 11/23/04 05:44 PM
J
JBCooper Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
Well after reading the latest articles on this story, I found that the police had been called to his residence on 3 occasions prior to this incedent....One of those occasions, he was threatening to kill his wife!!! The other two were also "domestic violence" incedents!!! It was stated that he and his wife worked through all of these on their own and a police report was never filed!!! A ticking time bomb? NAH, his fuse had been burning for some time. He should've been locked up a long time ago!

Re: Five Shot Dead in Wis. Hunting Dispute [Re: bluewavemike] #9125 11/23/04 05:59 PM
B
bluewavemike Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Quote:

Hang his ass !! That should be the issue. [/quote

FYI Texas was the last state to stop hanging people.

MD Smith >>>-----> You gota kill it before you grill it
Re: Five Shot Dead in Wis. Hunting Dispute [Re: JBCooper] #9126 11/23/04 08:18 PM
D
DTCOOPER Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
That is my point. You will not find someone who is a by and large a level headed, caring, intelligent, and honest person, that all of a sudden whacks out and kills 6 people ! As someone else said, had it not happened in the woods, it would have happened somewhere else.
There is always something in their past that eluded to it happening. The kid in Columbine (I think)... His mother was a resident of a crack house, spending the welfare check on her next high, instead of caring for the family. There is always something more.

The problem for us comes when the media says "He was an ordinary average kid from a middle class home".......

I am pleased to see that the media is actually calling this guy what he is.... a crazed murderer. Seems this guy has probably fallen through the cracks of a liberal justice system in the past. And since he is in a no death penalty state...... it will ikely happen again.

Daniel
Just Because... That's why.
Re: Five Shot Dead in Wis. Hunting Dispute [Re: TheHag] #9127 12/04/04 01:01 AM
T
tirtypointer Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
I just got back from Iowa/Minnesota and the day we got to Iowa was the day this story broke. I could NOT believe it....yet I could. I have hunted in these areas before and have had confrontations with Hmong (pronounced Mong)they are a race from the island Llaos I think...not real sure. Anyway, I used to hunt HUGE tracts of public ground in SE Minnesota. These people would literally follow me to my stand and set up 30 yards away....they knew that I knew where the deer were. Finally I got tired of them following....someone different every time....so I confronted them and asked what was up...they then pretend like they can't speak a word of english....it's an extremely frustrating situation. This past summer 4 Hmong were caught with over 500 sunfish and walleye in their deepfreezers at home. Honestly guys, they (I really don't mean to single them out but there's no other way) have NO concept of the rules. They really don't. So it did not come as a shock to me this murderer found himself in the situation he did.

After hearing that story, I looked to God and counted my lucky stars because when they used to follow me to my stand...I would get so pissed.

I noticed no one has posted on this topic in a while...but I just wanted to throw my 2cents in.

--Good Hunting

Thank you Lord for the gifts in my life.
Re: Five Shot Dead in Wis. Hunting Dispute [Re: tirtypointer] #9128 12/04/04 01:36 AM
dgilbert Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
tirypointer, man, I don't what to say, but to thank god your still here. That would be a little to close to home for me. Your story could bring a true light to what happen. I don't understand people sometimes, no matter what race they are. You never know or what might set a person off to do something like that. I'm sure this post will continue now.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide