Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Frozen Pizza Discovered #9045611 05/10/24 04:48 PM
pertnear Online Content OP
"Demolition Man"
OP Online Content
"Demolition Man"
Long ago we came to the conclusion that all frozen store pizzas were just horrible! Since we now have a Papa Murphys in Marble Falls, that is our top go to choice when the pizza craving hits. Then a friend told us about a frozen pizza he bought at HEB that he said was great. It's called "Motor City Pizza". So the wife bought one for us to try. Now its not as good as a PapaM's but surprisingly good tasting & low cost. Easy to keep in the freezer for when the urge arises & you don't want to get delivery.

FWIW, YMMV

BTW: Now that we have a Papa Murphys, I light a candle in church with the hope they'll open a Popeye Chicken someday! food

"If some of our teenage thrill seekers really want to go out and get a thrill. Let them go up into the north west and let them tangle with a Grizzly bear or Polar bear or brown bear and get that effect that will cleanse the soul" - Fred Bear
Re: Frozen Pizza Discovered [Re: pertnear] #9045614 05/10/24 04:52 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by pertnear
Long ago we came to the conclusion that all frozen store pizzas were just horrible! Since we now have a Papa Murphys in Marble Falls, that is our top go to choice when the pizza craving hits. Then a friend told us about a frozen pizza he bought at HEB that he said was great. It's called "Motor City Pizza". So the wife bought one for us to try. Now its not as good as a PapaM's but surprisingly good tasting & low cost. Easy to keep in the freezer for when the urge arises & you don't want to get delivery.

FWIW, YMMV

BTW: Now that we have a Papa Murphys, I light a candle in church with the hope they'll open a Popeye Chicken someday! food

I wish death on popeyes. Ours has the worst service in america. Never again.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Frozen Pizza Discovered [Re: pertnear] #9045642 05/10/24 06:02 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
up

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Frozen Pizza Discovered [Re: pertnear] #9045647 05/10/24 06:11 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Not bad if you like the thicker crust or a deep dish pizza...at least that's the only Motor City I've had. We do routinely have one in the freezer for those nites we just don't want to try haha.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Frozen Pizza Discovered [Re: pertnear] #9045648 05/10/24 06:14 PM
G
Gringo Bling Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
Papa Murphy's is your favorite pizza?! It's better than your "higher end" frozen pizza like DiGiorno or Screamin' Sicilian, but not nearly as good as independent high quality delivery. I guess I don't really understand the take and bake business model- why not just bake it onsite instead of having to go home with it and do the same thing?

Re: Frozen Pizza Discovered [Re: Gringo Bling] #9045685 05/10/24 07:33 PM
"Demolition Man"
OP Online Content
"Demolition Man"
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling
Papa Murphy's is your favorite pizza?! It's better than your "higher end" frozen pizza like DiGiorno or Screamin' Sicilian, but not nearly as good as independent high quality delivery. I guess I don't really understand the take and bake business model- why not just bake it onsite instead of having to go home with it and do the same thing?

We don't live in a location where there are a lot of choices of pizza delivery. But we do drive into Marble Falls frequently for shopping & such. PapaM works for us because we can order at whatever time of day we are there, customize it & pick it up at the drive thru. When we get home we slide it into the garage frig. 20 min before we decide to eat, it is hot & fresh. Works for us.

"If some of our teenage thrill seekers really want to go out and get a thrill. Let them go up into the north west and let them tangle with a Grizzly bear or Polar bear or brown bear and get that effect that will cleanse the soul" - Fred Bear
Re: Frozen Pizza Discovered [Re: pertnear] #9045724 05/10/24 08:53 PM
C
Catperch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
You should try Screaming Sicilian. You can get it from Walmart and I’m sure other stores. It’s the only frozen pizza I like. It’s pretty tasty.

Re: Frozen Pizza Discovered [Re: Catperch] #9045730 05/10/24 09:21 PM
"Demolition Man"
OP Online Content
"Demolition Man"
Originally Posted by Catperch
You should try Screaming Sicilian. You can get it from Walmart and I’m sure other stores. It’s the only frozen pizza I like. It’s pretty tasty.

Now its on my list to try - THANKS!

Re: Frozen Pizza Discovered [Re: bigbob_ftw] #9045769 05/10/24 11:33 PM
R
retfuz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Originally Posted by pertnear

FWIW, YMMV

I wish death on popeyes. Ours has the worst service in america. Never again.

Stop by the one in Irving. Lousy service and it's dirty

Re: Frozen Pizza Discovered [Re: pertnear] #9045795 05/11/24 01:17 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Popeyes is delicious

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Frozen Pizza Discovered [Re: Gringo Bling] #9045802 05/11/24 01:33 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling

It’s well-established that there’s plenty you don’t understand.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide