Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9044167 05/07/24 05:30 PM
B
BradyBuck Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Probably not until my kids were out of the house. They are 13 and 15.

Then I would be open to it..

But not planning on it, happily married for 17 years

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9044234 05/07/24 08:08 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
37 years married and I would have zero interest in starting over again. I just don't find people very fascinating anymore.

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9044448 05/08/24 02:06 AM
D
Dave Davidson Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
My divorce experience left me jaded. Wife was screwing around with her boss at work.
Long story short: 25 years ago.

Temporary Orders from court was that she got the house and kids. I got visitation first, third and fifth weekends Plus Fathers Day, 2 weeks in the summer, and alternating Christmas. Paid child support. Other man, her boss, moved in.

Lawyer was expensive but useless. It took a couple of years for the daughters to wise up but it was all water under the bridge by then.

I am a law abiding man but have zero respect for the court system. And damn sure can’t say that I got justice on my one trip to face the law.

Last edited by Dave Davidson; 05/08/24 02:09 AM.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Superduty] #9044844 05/09/24 01:51 AM
A
Always ready 2 hunt Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Superduty
32 years here this September. I was 24 and she was 30, dated 4 months and have been married ever since. I would not date or look for another girlfriend/spouse. I have met my soulmate in this life and am blessed to have her. There is no one who would live up to her in my eyes.

Exactly same for me, same ages, anniversary month and 32.5 years. 1 marriage is enough for my lifetime

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9044859 05/09/24 02:25 AM
H
Hirogen Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
No, I’d hunt year round starting in Alaska an end in Argentina, By Argentina late winter, Spring bear would start up

I have been married for 33 years and my wife is still the love of my life. But if something happened and it ended i have no interest in doing that again.

I'd disappear up north. Pitch my cell phone in the trash, completely disconnect from the internet and live off-grid. Anybody that wanted to talk to me would have to be real motivated - Especially the tax &%$^'s from the federal government. Argentina and Chile definitely hold appeal. Patagonia is a beautiful place and the asado and food in general is my kind of stuff. Could easy see myself splitting my time - although i would have to do the odd trip back for some hard water fishing.

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9044864 05/09/24 02:35 AM
L
Lazyjack Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
I was awarded a do over after losing first wife to leukemia at age 42. My original thought was to tent camp full time with no phone or tv. But met a wonderful woman who willing to take a chance with me. We have married 26 years. Best 15 years of our life. Pretty tough at first, but we were both to hard headed to quit.

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Lakhota] #9044865 05/09/24 02:37 AM
H
Hirogen Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Lakhota
Well this is something I have been thinking about for a while now and I don’t know what I will do when the time comes. I meet my wife in church back in 1992 and we were friends all that time until we started dating in I think 2000. We were married in 2003 and for the last 12 1/2 years have been her caregiver in her Alzheimer’s journey. We went on hospice in February's and who knows when it will come to an end. She has been a great wife and women she accepted me as I was and never asked me to change. I don’t know if that is because she liked the way I was/am or she knew I wouldn’t.

I will never judge someone that gets married after a sort time of their spouse passing. You can’t imagine how deafening a quiet house can be, not hearing your spouse’s voice, say your name, or I Love you. Not having the touch of that someone special. Not having motivation/desire to do things around the house because it doesn’t matter no one’s going to get on your [censored] for not doing it. I have thought of and dreamed about going on a date just to have a conversation with the opposite sex. However there is the flip side of this what if this happens again! I’m only 55 and I guess if it happens it happens.

All I can say is don’t take that someone special for granted because you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Well said. You are clearly a man of honor.

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Hirogen] #9044868 05/09/24 02:45 AM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Hirogen
No, I’d hunt year round starting in Alaska an end in Argentina, By Argentina late winter, Spring bear would start up

I have been married for 33 years and my wife is still the love of my life. But if something happened and it ended i have no interest in doing that again.

I'd disappear up north. Pitch my cell phone in the trash, completely disconnect from the internet and live off-grid. Anybody that wanted to talk to me would have to be real motivated - Especially the tax &%$^'s from the federal government. Argentina and Chile definitely hold appeal. Patagonia is a beautiful place and the asado and food in general is my kind of stuff. Could easy see myself splitting my time - although i would have to do the odd trip back for some hard water fishing.

I could live in Argentina. Beautiful place, great hunting and the people are amazing

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9044897 05/09/24 09:21 AM
B
Bandit 200 XP Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
First time was married for 2.5 yrs , Almost together for 5 yrs straight , i was husband 1, she had 4 by 44 yrs old. My wife now we have been married 29 yrs . 2 step kids ,grown, grown

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9044903 05/09/24 10:30 AM
GasGuzzler Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
We were 22 years old and it was both our first. All these years later with our youngest of four going into 9th grade this fall, ain't doin' any of it over again.

Pass the gravy.

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9045055 05/09/24 03:11 PM
S
Sewer rat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
I have been married 21 years and if I ever wound up single there is zero chance I would marry again. The older I get the more I realize that I like being able to do what I want when I want, I like to eat when I feel like it and not on someone else's schedule. I could spend days on end working out in my shop or hunting. I like making decisions without having to come to an agreement with someone. Don't get me wrong I love my wife and plan on being with her forever but I feel I would be just fine being single for the rest of my life if something happened.

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Hirogen] #9045076 05/09/24 03:51 PM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F

Come on now. You have kids, right? You wouldnt really disappear, would you?

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Choctaw] #9045079 05/09/24 03:53 PM
2000cbr929 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by Choctaw
37 years married and I would have zero interest in starting over again. I just don't find people very fascinating anymore.

Word

After eating Payne's sausage I don't know if I can go back to the regular store bought stuff.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money" Tom T Hall
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9045088 05/09/24 04:02 PM
B
Birddogger Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
First marriage and will be my only one.

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9045187 05/09/24 06:57 PM
N
Nathan at Fork Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
I was married for 19 years. After the divorce I took two years before I started dating. Wasn't looking to get married. But now here I am on year 3 of my second marriage. There is way more passion and love this time around. Didnt realize what I had been missing those 19 years.

My suggestion is take time off after a divorce and work on yourself before trying to date again

[Linked Image]
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Nathan at Fork] #9045198 05/09/24 07:12 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Nathan at Fork
There is way more passion and love this time around. Didnt realize what I had been missing those 19 years.

My neighbor was telling me about the Menard County bounty on pigs. He said, "You can take them a frozen tail." I said that would just remind me of my 1st wife.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: freerange] #9045301 05/09/24 10:16 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by freerange

Yeah Free I agree - it sounds good to go disappear but in reality no way I would leave where my kids, grandkids, and family live - I am blessed to get to see them on a regular basis and I would not trade it

You can't fix stupid
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Lakhota] #9045306 05/09/24 10:21 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Lakhota
Well this is something I have been thinking about for a while now and I don’t know what I will do when the time comes. I meet my wife in church back in 1992 and we were friends all that time until we started dating in I think 2000. We were married in 2003 and for the last 12 1/2 years have been her caregiver in her Alzheimer’s journey. We went on hospice in February's and who knows when it will come to an end. She has been a great wife and women she accepted me as I was and never asked me to change. I don’t know if that is because she liked the way I was/am or she knew I wouldn’t.

I will never judge someone that gets married after a sort time of their spouse passing. You can’t imagine how deafening a quiet house can be, not hearing your spouse’s voice, say your name, or I Love you. Not having the touch of that someone special. Not having motivation/desire to do things around the house because it doesn’t matter no one’s going to get on your [censored] for not doing it. I have thought of and dreamed about going on a date just to have a conversation with the opposite sex. However there is the flip side of this what if this happens again! I’m only 55 and I guess if it happens it happens.

All I can say is don’t take that someone special for granted because you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Sir - God bless you - been down your road with my Mother and nothing easy about it - I will pray for you and her

You can't fix stupid
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: tlk] #9045321 05/09/24 10:57 PM
H
Hirogen Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by freerange

Yeah Free I agree - it sounds good to go disappear but in reality no way I would leave where my kids, grandkids, and family live - I am blessed to get to see them on a regular basis and I would not trade it

I could certainly move away. Don't get me wrong i love my family and would do anything for them but not a particularly sentimental sort - more of a lone wolf type with a bent towards duty and responsibility. My kids are grown and well established doing their own thing. Grandkids would be tougher (especially my oldest granddaughter who was born to a single mother (my youngest daughter who is a doctor now) and lived with us for the first 7 years of her life). See now you are making my tiny sentimental side emerge - taught that kid how to drive a snowmobile before the age of 5 - to the disapproval of mom and grandma. I have enough coin i could make regular trips to visit and/or fly the grandkids north/south. I have a sat phone as well that i would keep and family only would have that number (which is the way it is now). Once i got to the old and started down the feeble road i would move back have a great big party to say my farewells than pay an Inuit to put me on a big mofo male polar bear and go out in style - pretty sure what i consider "in style" would be considered psycho by most. In my perfect dream i get in a lucky stab with the 7 inch knife or a lucky swing with my tomahawk and both the bear and i end up dead in a tangled mess that gets put on an ice flow and sent out to sea.

After 33 years with my wife that is one the few things that still annoys me is that she complains and worries about my solo wilderness tripping. Sadly for her that is not negotiable and will keep doing it till it kills me - which it will - i have no intention of dying of old age.

Last edited by Hirogen; 05/09/24 11:31 PM.

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9045324 05/09/24 11:02 PM
B
Biscuit Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Absolutely zero chance I’d ever do it again, zero . Under no circumstances

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: txtrophy85] #9045343 05/09/24 11:48 PM
H
Hirogen Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted by txtrophy85

I could live in Argentina. Beautiful place, great hunting and the people are amazing

The people are amazing - should have said that in my previous post. Shared many a bottle with them around the fire after a hard day of kayaking whitewater with them. Only time ever my life needed saving in the back country was by my buddy Diego in Patagonia after he kayaked into a class 5 hydraulic to pull my A$$ out. Closest i have ever come to meeting my maker. Don't know if you have heard the expression "A man to ride the river with" - but that is literally my Argentine buddy Diego.

Last edited by Hirogen; 05/09/24 11:50 PM.

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9045345 05/09/24 11:54 PM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Not something I’ve ever given much thought to. Knee jerk reaction is probably not. I’ve been married to the same girl for 32 years. My life with her has been a blessing. After thinking about it some, maybe. That is a bridge I’m not gonna cross unless the time comes. Married life has been good to me.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9045881 05/11/24 12:11 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
It's impossible to know until you're faced with it. I was married for 36 years until my wife passed unexpectedly in December 2020. I was adamant that I could never have that type of woman/marriage again, so I was convinced that I would live out my days alone. Over the past year and a half or so, I talked/chatted with a few women, but it never even resulted in a date. Then, in February of this year, I met a great woman, we started dating, and it will most likely result in marriage. She is very patient and understanding of my situation, and I feel extremely lucky to have met her. The moral of the story is we never know what life has in store for us, good or bad, and that can change your mind very quickly.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Grizz] #9045905 05/11/24 12:56 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Grizz
It's impossible to know until you're faced with it. I was married for 36 years until my wife passed unexpectedly in December 2020. I was adamant that I could never have that type of woman/marriage again, so I was convinced that I would live out my days alone. Over the past year and a half or so, I talked/chatted with a few women, but it never even resulted in a date. Then, in February of this year, I met a great woman, we started dating, and it will most likely result in marriage. She is very patient and understanding of my situation, and I feel extremely lucky to have met her. The moral of the story is we never know what life has in store for us, good or bad, and that can change your mind very quickly.

I, for one, am very happy for you. up

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9045909 05/11/24 01:02 PM
I
Indianation65 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I
Be the kind of man who "learns from his mistakes."

Addendum: Regarding "dating," dating is a series of mistakes, but our "drive" is instinctive.

Blessings to us all in this hard, cold world of women.

...!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide