Re-Marrying or Dating. #9043512 05/06/24 12:50 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Divorce Thread's life after?

If you are or were to get divorced or unfortunately lose your spouse, would you re-marry or start dating again?
Would you try and find someone to date or just let nature take it's course, if so how would you go about it, dating website's, back to the clubs, church groups, hitting friends up or?

The wife and I have been married for 29 years, it was both of ours first time getting hitched, she was 29, I was 39, we met at a C&W bar called Stampede in Dallas.
Told my wife if anything ever happened to me, do not shy away from going out and having fun, if you meet somebody interesting then go for it.
She gave me the same response her grandmother gave her, she told me once you have had the best, no need for anyone else or something like that.
Obviously she led a sheltered life laugh
If we were to get divorced or should she pass away, I would not go looking for another mate, but if on happenstance I met somebody interesting I would not shy away.

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9043516 05/06/24 12:54 PM
C
coachwhite34 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
C
I got married very young and divorced 2.5 years later. I did start dating again and did re-marry and have been married 15 years. If something happened this go around I don't think I'd marry again.

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9043517 05/06/24 12:55 PM
el Rojo Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I told mine I'm taking a date to her funeral if she were to pass.. She's taken great care of me and I'm spoiled. LOL! Her,,, 1 and done.

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9043522 05/06/24 12:58 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Nope. Never find another like I’ve got and not interested in looking.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9043523 05/06/24 12:59 PM
Superduty Online Content
"The Regulator"
Online Content
"The Regulator"
32 years here this September. I was 24 and she was 30, dated 4 months and have been married ever since. I would not date or look for another girlfriend/spouse. I have met my soulmate in this life and am blessed to have her. There is no one who would live up to her in my eyes.

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9043530 05/06/24 01:05 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Stub

If you are or were to get divorced or unfortunately lose your spouse, would you re-marry or start dating again?
Would you try and find someone to date or just let nature take it's course, if so how would you go about it, dating website's, back to the clubs, church groups, hitting friends up or?

The wife and I have been married for 29 years, it was both of ours first time getting hitched, she was 29, I was 39, we met at a C&W bar called Stampede in Dallas.
Told my wife if anything ever happened to me, do not shy away from going out and having fun, if you meet somebody interesting then go for it.
She gave me the same response her grandmother gave her, she told me once you have had the best, no need for anyone else or something like that.
If we were to get divorced or should she pass away, I would not go looking for another mate, but if on happenstance I met somebody interesting I would not shy away.

Stub, very similar to how you and your wife feel down to 29 years of marriage too. Though devastating, neither of us would want the other to live life alone as a type of mandate should the other pass. Life is wayyyy too short to sacrifice one's remaining happiness.

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9043549 05/06/24 01:32 PM
T
TPACK Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
I`ve seen lots of people lose a spouse and be remarried in a few months or less. Nothing surprises me about people. I know a couple of men that had sick wives that had to be looking before the wives passed. From my experience, if you lose a spouse and you have a little money, they`ll come looking for you. Seen it lots of times. confused2

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9043552 05/06/24 01:35 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
No, I’d hunt year round starting in Alaska an end in Argentina, By Argentina late winter, Spring bear would start up

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9043553 05/06/24 01:39 PM
hopalong Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
married for 3 yrs.

wife went to visit her mother in ohio and died of a brain aneurism while there, this was back in 2007.

letting nature take its course but she pretty much hates me I guess. roflmao

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9043561 05/06/24 01:48 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
I would sell everything and buy the biggest piece of arable land I can finance, that still has some decent woods on it. Put a doublewide on it and run myself to death until i paid it all off plus a few amenities, tractor, etc. Build a honestead for my kids to inherit, to prepare for the collapse of the empire and some version of the feudal system

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9043563 05/06/24 01:51 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Probably still continue to build wealth if i could until i die. If possible, become an investor and try to become semi- retired. Might re marry but not likely.

Last edited by 10 Gauge; 05/06/24 01:54 PM.

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9043572 05/06/24 02:02 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Cya in Thailand!

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: DQ Kid] #9043577 05/06/24 02:04 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Originally Posted by Stub

Stub, very similar to how you and your wife feel down to 29 years of marriage too. Though devastating, neither of us would want the other to live life alone as a type of mandate should the other pass. Life is wayyyy too short to sacrifice one's remaining happiness.

I think this is dead on. Wife and I have "given our permission" to each other to find another mate if that is what they want. We both know nobody will ever replace what we have but also would want each other to be happy and go live their life and no be lonely.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9043582 05/06/24 02:09 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Wifeypoo always concernd if she goes, I will replace her with a much younger version. I will look for the unicorn - one older woman with no children who likes to cook and owns a ranch.

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9043583 05/06/24 02:09 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Two words: Rentable compansionship

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: 10 Gauge] #9043584 05/06/24 02:09 PM
B
Bass&More Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 10 Gauge
I would sell everything and buy the biggest piece of arable land I can finance, that still has some decent woods on it. Put a doublewide on it and run myself to death until i paid it all off plus a few amenities, tractor, etc. Build a honestead for my kids to inherit, to prepare for the collapse of the empire and some version of the feudal system

[Linked Image]

wife peep

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9043587 05/06/24 02:16 PM
L
Lakhota Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
L
Well this is something I have been thinking about for a while now and I don’t know what I will do when the time comes. I meet my wife in church back in 1992 and we were friends all that time until we started dating in I think 2000. We were married in 2003 and for the last 12 1/2 years have been her caregiver in her Alzheimer’s journey. We went on hospice in February's and who knows when it will come to an end. She has been a great wife and women she accepted me as I was and never asked me to change. I don’t know if that is because she liked the way I was/am or she knew I wouldn’t.

I will never judge someone that gets married after a sort time of their spouse passing. You can’t imagine how deafening a quiet house can be, not hearing your spouse’s voice, say your name, or I Love you. Not having the touch of that someone special. Not having motivation/desire to do things around the house because it doesn’t matter no one’s going to get on your [censored] for not doing it. I have thought of and dreamed about going on a date just to have a conversation with the opposite sex. However there is the flip side of this what if this happens again! I’m only 55 and I guess if it happens it happens.

All I can say is don’t take that someone special for granted because you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9043590 05/06/24 02:23 PM
M
MacDaddy21 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
Married young and ended up divorced when she decided she needed to "rediscover" herself. Told myself I'd never marry again. Stayed single for 3 years. Found a hot and crazy girl, dated her for about a year until I couldn't handle it anymore. Was single for another 2.5-3 years and just happened to cross paths with a girl from Switzerland who was traveling the US and Canada for 4 months and visiting every national park and state park she could. That was last September. Went to Switzerland with her over Christmas to meet her family. Now I'm working with my jeweler to design another ring. Never thought I'd be here again, but she's a once in a lifetime woman and I thank God for her every day.

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Hudbone] #9043597 05/06/24 02:36 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Wifeypoo always concernd if she goes, I will replace her with a much younger version. I will look for the unicorn - one older woman with no children who likes to cook and owns a ranch.

Yeah the last three words of you statement above would be the starting point - banana

You can't fix stupid
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Bass&More] #9043616 05/06/24 02:54 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Bass&More
Originally Posted by 10 Gauge

[Linked Image]

wife peep

It is what it is

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9043619 05/06/24 02:58 PM
nak Online Sleepy
Veteran Tracker
Online Sleepy
Veteran Tracker
I stayed in a marriage from hell, with an alcoholic and RX drug addict, for 20 years because I was convinced by family and clergy that we had to say married for the kids. I had my ducks in a row and filed for a divorce as soon as the nest was empty. The divorce was a messy, almost year long ordeal. I swore I would never marry again.

I enjoyed being single. I had a cool down-town loft apartment. I was dating a little, but definitely not looking for a relationship. Lots of money in my pocket, taking the vacations I always dreamed about.

Then something funny happened about 30 minutes into a first date. We fell head-over-heel for each other and dated exclusively for a couple of years, then moved in together...18 years later and I have never been happier.

We all need to practice Whoa more.
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9043630 05/06/24 03:04 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
I copied this from Pope & Young in the Tall Tales & Yarns section.

[Linked Image]

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Hudbone] #9043631 05/06/24 03:05 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Hudbone

Careful. On the crazy/hot matrix, you’re getting into the tranny zone roflmao

Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9043656 05/06/24 03:32 PM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I was married for over 20 years, 3 kids, mortgage, etc. Then: Remember Goldilocks and the 3 bears when one said somebody is sleeping in my bed and they’re still there? That happened to me.

Judge said I should move out, see my kids on first third and fifth weekends, plus 2 weekends in the summer and Fathers Day. Alternate on Christmas. Pay child support and medical insurance.

She married the SOB. I had known him for years and figured this kind of stuff happened to others but never me. They did everything possible to turn the daughters against me and it worked for quite awhile.

He had a heart attack and died.I didn’t shed a tear.

I remarried a younger woman and we’ve done well together. The ex? Let’s just say that she hasn’t aged well and my current wife is a knockout.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Re-Marrying or Dating. [Re: Stub] #9043702 05/06/24 04:33 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
U
Got divorced about 11 years ago, so technically still in my thirties. For a few years afterwards, I had zero desire to get re-married. But, after a few years, I did get lonely. I had zero luck finding anyone at bars or clubs or what-not. Church was where I thought I would have the best luck finding the type of woman that I would be interested in, but after dating a few women from church, that was a no go.
I ended up meeting my wife through an online dating site. The dating sites are weird. There are some really Effed up people on those things. I learned to schedule dates as happy hours. That way, I could easily bail after just an hour. I had a lot of really short dates. But, I did date a few genuinely wonderful women that I met there, and had a couple that I went out with more than once. I gave up on the online dating once, then started doing it again, and finally met my wife. Celebrating 5 years on the 18th of this month! Divorce ain't happening this time around. We've both been divorced, and we both did a better job of picking a spouse this time. If she passes before I do, I'll just live for the kids, and hopefully future grandkids.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide