Forums46
Topics539,469
Posts9,749,998
Members87,165
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: Mr. 806] #9042855 05/04/24 10:23 PM
C
chalet Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Mr. 806
3 weeks shy of 20 years here. (Dated 3 years so 23 total) 4 kids and a lifetime of plans down the road…until she told me a month ago she was “done”. No warning, no deep conversations, no desire for marriage counseling or reconciliation. Extremely busy lives, 2 careers, kids heavily involved in sports, church, theatre, etc…and we lost the ability to communicate deeply & effectively with our go, go, go life. Says I’m too hard on the kids, expectations are too high. I say all are fixable if you want it bad enough. Also know another couple, solid educators, heavy church goers, Sunday school teachers, elder in the church, fantastic kids, etc…going through major difficulties as well. Crazy times these days.

Sorry to hear that - same thing here cept I'm a little ahead of you. 25 years together, married for 21 and in 2019 I was sat down and given the "I love you but not in love with you talk" Three daughters, careers, forever house, Church family, friends, etc just all thrown out the window. Had to refigure my life out overnight and a few guys on here helped tremendously. I tried what I thought was everything, counseling, reasoning, etc and none of it worked. Definitely helped me but not the marriage.

Hang in there - things will look different but they get better.

Last edited by chalet; 05/04/24 10:24 PM.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: Mr. 806] #9042860 05/04/24 10:38 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Mr. 806
3 weeks shy of 20 years here. (Dated 3 years so 23 total) 4 kids and a lifetime of plans down the road…until she told me a month ago she was “done”. No warning, no deep conversations, no desire for marriage counseling or reconciliation. Extremely busy lives, 2 careers, kids heavily involved in sports, church, theatre, etc…and we lost the ability to communicate deeply & effectively with our go, go, go life. Says I’m too hard on the kids, expectations are too high. I say all are fixable if you want it bad enough. Also know another couple, solid educators, heavy church goers, Sunday school teachers, elder in the church, fantastic kids, etc…going through major difficulties as well. Crazy times these days.

Sorry to hear this. Hope you can make it work.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: txtrophy85] #9042866 05/04/24 10:56 PM
I
Indianation65 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
I
I can't think of any of my friends divorcing in years.
Many are not happy, but not divorcing.

...------

Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: txtrophy85] #9042868 05/04/24 11:02 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Infidelity, lack of values and miscommunication.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: txtrophy85] #9042870 05/04/24 11:05 PM
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
The pandemic was hard on a lot of people and couples - generally, financially and mentally. It changed people. The ongoing inflation crisis and overall economic outlook hasn’t helped. Having six couples in your orbit all divorcing at the same time is odd, though.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: txtrophy85] #9042874 05/04/24 11:07 PM
Nolanco Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Mr. 806, you have my complete sympathy. Been through the "I'm done" thing. Came as a shock to me, which probably points to a deficiency on my part.

Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: txtrophy85] #9042876 05/04/24 11:09 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I was seeing a lady Dr for a while. Go, go, go busy, busy, busy. She would text me 40-50 times a day but said she was too busy to talk on the phone. Ever. When I was still working, I remember being on the phone, getting shot at and calling the person back in about 20 minutes. Being too busy for someone else is a choice.

Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: txtrophy85] #9042888 05/04/24 11:46 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Wow - from reading this thread it makes me sad - had no idea how many couples do not get along and divorce - end of the day it is very sad IMO -

You can't fix stupid
Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #9042889 05/04/24 11:50 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
The pandemic was hard on a lot of people and couples - generally, financially and mentally. It changed people. The ongoing inflation crisis and overall economic outlook hasn’t helped. Having six couples in your orbit all divorcing at the same time is odd, though.

the vows you take when getting married state "in good times and in bad or good health or bad" - if the economy and a pandemic causes a married couple to split then it was just a matter of time before they found a reason to split

Last edited by tlk; 05/04/24 11:50 PM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: txtrophy85] #9042895 05/05/24 12:01 AM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Come to think of it, all that time of staying home during the coronavirus probably tested a lot of relationships. It was a stressful time. Luckily, we live in the country and I could hunt and woodwork and shred pasture, and the wife raised a heck of a garden. But if we were indoors in a suburban house on a small lot with kids (or not), things might not have gone as well. Little relationship flaws can get bigger in a confined space. Not that I personally have any serious flaws. grin

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: ntxtrapper] #9042897 05/05/24 12:09 AM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
I was seeing a lady Dr for a while. Go, go, go busy, busy, busy. She would text me 40-50 times a day but said she was too busy to talk on the phone. Ever. When I was still working, I remember being on the phone, getting shot at and calling the person back in about 20 minutes. Being too busy for someone else is a choice.

The most valuable thing you can give is your time(or something like that.)

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: topwater13] #9042901 05/05/24 12:14 AM
T
txtrophy85 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by topwater13
Honest question; with today's "modern" women, what is the incentive for men to get married? So their wives can take half when they leave?

Whatever a “modern” woman is today, is an evolution of women having to do for themselves what men failed to do.

Women are women; they still need love, support, and above all the need to feel safe. Men have done a great job of turning their wives into their mommies and that is not comforting for them.

Enough of that has taught women if they don’t feel safe, heard or understood they will bounce because they can feel the same way alone as together.

The instances quoted here I gathered they both spent more time and energy on their kids as they did each other and it’s not a shocker one day one couple tapped the bell.

I’m not saying bull headed, over bearing women do not exist, because they certainly do, but using an example what a modern women is and losing half ( which now more than every, a woman is earning a legitimate half vs. times in the past) as justification to sit in their parents basement, eat Doritos, play video games and whack his pud to the internets is not gonna bode well long term.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: txtrophy85] #9042905 05/05/24 12:16 AM
C
chalet Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
C
Up until I got divorced I was pretty judgmental about divorced people. They didn't go to Church, probably didn't pray together, probably they didn't have the right morals, probably had the wrong friends, probably worked too hard, probably their kids and kids sports life sucked up all their time, probably he forgot anniversaries, probably had a tv in the bedroom, probably didn't help each other with chores around the house, probably didn't have regular date nights, probably never said I love you, probably had a side piece at work, probably didn't make each other a priority, probably watched too much football, probably shopped too much, etc.

90% of the men I know who are divorced the wife initiated it because she wasn't happy. Pretty much all those men worked and did what they could to save their marriage.

The Monday after I got the talk I went and met with my pastor who knew us both well. He said "midlife crisis, I see it all the time. She isn't happy, can't figure out why she's not happy and so she's blaming you. "

I went from being the love of her life and the best Dad to our girls she could have ever asked for to having a tail and horns overnight.

In Texas when you're wife wants a divorce you're getting a divorce. Once they flip that divorce switch its like they are a kamikazee pilot and there is no turning back. I've dealt with emotional, spiritual and financial fallout daily for the last 5 years for me and my kids. No fault divorce is BS as people(women mostly) are financially and socially incentivized to go through with it.

We need to go back to at fault divorce. Yes, this strikes a nerve. As much as I try to put it aside and move on, which I do, I could still talk all day.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: txtrophy85] #9042914 05/05/24 12:27 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
A buddy got married right out of high school to a girl from our class. They were together for about 7 years with no issues except pregnancy problems. They got back home from getting the sonogram which showed a healthy child. She said "Well, that's all I needed. You can go".

Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: txtrophy85] #9042916 05/05/24 12:29 AM
topwater13 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Honest question; with today's "modern" women, what is the incentive for men to get married? So their wives can take half when they leave?

Whatever a “modern” woman is today, is an evolution of women having to do for themselves what men failed to do.

Women are women; they still need love, support, and above all the need to feel safe. Men have done a great job of turning their wives into their mommies and that is not comforting for them.

Enough of that has taught women if they don’t feel safe, heard or understood they will bounce because they can feel the same way alone as together.

The instances quoted here I gathered they both spent more time and energy on their kids as they did each other and it’s not a shocker one day one couple tapped the bell.

I’m not saying bull headed, over bearing women do not exist, because they certainly do, but using an example what a modern women is and losing half ( which now more than every, a woman is earning a legitimate half vs. times in the past) as justification to sit in their parents basement, eat Doritos, play video games and whack his pud to the internets is not gonna bode well long term.

You missed my point. When cardi B and the kardashians are all the rage, virtuous women are hard to come by. Why buy the cow in other words….

I’m old enough and lucky enough to have found a good woman, but I don’t envy those trying to find one in these times.
I’m also under the belief that if the courts wouldn’t hand over the children to mothers so quickly after a divorce, many of these women wouldn’t be so quick to leave.
Back to my original point, without the right woman, it’s a lose lose for the father. They take his kids, half of whatever they have regardless of her financial input or not, then he pays child support and possibly alimony and gets to see his children 4 days a month.

Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: txtrophy85] #9042918 05/05/24 12:34 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
It’s either us vs. the world, or me vs you. Me vs you relationships are destined to fail.

A lot of it is lack of faith as well. A marriage without God in it is not a marriage, and it is destined to fail. Marriage is a covenant between the two of you and God. As our society becomes more secular, more marriages will fail.

Last edited by 10 Gauge; 05/05/24 12:35 AM.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: topwater13] #9042923 05/05/24 12:40 AM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
U

You missed my point. When cardi B and the kardashians are all the rage, virtuous women are hard to come by. Why buy the cow in other words….

I’m old enough and lucky enough to have found a good woman, but I don’t envy those trying to find one in these times.
I’m also under the belief that if the courts wouldn’t hand over the children to mothers so quickly after a divorce, many of these women wouldn’t be so quick to leave.
Back to my original point, without the right woman, it’s a lose lose for the father. They take his kids, half of whatever they have regardless of her financial input or not, then he pays child support and possibly alimony and gets to see his children 4 days a month.

It's not always like that. My ex fought hard to take my boy from me. I fought hard in return and ended up with more time with him. Divorce is a beating, and something I'd never wish on anyone. Unfortunately, it's probably necessary some times. I was miserable in my marriage. But I wasn't the one that asked for Divorce. I wanted to work it out. None the less, I was much happier after the divorce, and am happier still since I've remarried to a beautiful woman who doesn't do the [censored] things that my ex did.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: txtrophy85] #9042929 05/05/24 12:55 AM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Probably tired of putting up with others sheet and can just swipe on the phone or got married quickly because that is what you’re supposed to do..

Mine changed and became different after kid

I’ve seen a lot a divorce in the last few years myself.

Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: txtrophy85] #9042931 05/05/24 12:55 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I conducted a hostile takeover involving my income. She promptly said she wanted a divorce. That was my function in the marriage apparently. Just a revenue stream. In seven years I went from having no money to retired.

Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: chalet] #9042939 05/05/24 01:08 AM
T
txtrophy85 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
I conducted a hostile takeover involving my income. She promptly said she wanted a divorce. That was my function in the marriage apparently. Just a revenue stream. In seven years I went from having no money to retired.

Originally Posted by chalet
Up until I got divorced I was pretty judgmental about divorced people. They didn't go to Church, probably didn't pray together, probably they didn't have the right morals, probably had the wrong friends, probably worked too hard, probably their kids and kids sports life sucked up all their time, probably he forgot anniversaries, probably had a tv in the bedroom, probably didn't help each other with chores around the house, probably didn't have regular date nights, probably never said I love you, probably had a side piece at work, probably didn't make each other a priority, probably watched too much football, probably shopped too much, etc.

90% of the men I know who are divorced the wife initiated it because she wasn't happy. Pretty much all those men worked and did what they could to save their marriage.

The Monday after I got the talk I went and met with my pastor who knew us both well. He said "midlife crisis, I see it all the time. She isn't happy, can't figure out why she's not happy and so she's blaming you. "

I went from being the love of her life and the best Dad to our girls she could have ever asked for to having a tail and horns overnight.

In Texas when you're wife wants a divorce you're getting a divorce. Once they flip that divorce switch its like they are a kamikazee pilot and there is no turning back. I've dealt with emotional, spiritual and financial fallout daily for the last 5 years for me and my kids. No fault divorce is BS as people(women mostly) are financially and socially incentivized to go through with it.

We need to go back to at fault divorce. Yes, this strikes a nerve. As much as I try to put it aside and move on, which I do, I could still talk all day.

I think this is spot on. And Kudos to your pastor for calling it like it is.

And yes, most of the divorces I’ve seen lately have been initiated by women.

I’m at the gym now and across the street is a bar. One of the aforementioned women is on the patio is outside living it up.

Women are not washed up old bags at 45 and 50 anymore. I don’t know if they are having a midlife crisis or what but it seems the women recover from it faster on average than the men do. From what I have seen they live it up for a short while then get married again pretty soon after

Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: tlk] #9042941 05/05/24 01:11 AM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by tlk

Keep the Lord at the center of your lives

This........America is becoming more Godless every day.

Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: Jgraider] #9042942 05/05/24 01:15 AM
T
txtrophy85 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Jgraider
Originally Posted by tlk

Keep the Lord at the center of your lives

This........America is becoming more Godless every day.

If people would think of this before they made any decision the world would be better off

Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: txtrophy85] #9042951 05/05/24 01:33 AM
C
chalet Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
C
[quote=ntxtrapper]
From what I have seen they live it up for a short while then get married again pretty soon after

Me being judgmental will say what I see is them out living their "best life' and piling more on top of the things inside them them they won't deal with and causing collateral damage.

For women it appears easier to jump ship and latch on to a new one. Generally the jumping ship has already happened when they make the decision.

Long time ago I figured out in business if one plus one keeps coming out to three there is a one figured in that you don't know about. That is true in marriage as well.

Last edited by chalet; 05/05/24 01:34 AM.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: txtrophy85] #9042955 05/05/24 01:54 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

If the "man" is doing those things. He is in the wrong. No argument.

There are communication break downs on both sides. Failure to say what you mean, and address a problem head on. Len lack the sack to do it. Women avoid conflict, As a general rule.

Lack of respect both ways will end any relationship. Men HAVE to be respected in their own home. And many men do not respect their wives. She's going to resent him for it, eventually.

She stops caring about him, because she cares more for the kids. And he stops caring about her, because he just wants peace and no fight.

^^One or more of those things, and the couple will just quit.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: What’s with everyone getting divorced ? [Re: txtrophy85] #9042957 05/05/24 02:00 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted by chalet

I think this is spot on. And Kudos to your pastor for calling it like it is.

And yes, most of the divorces I’ve seen lately have been initiated by women.

I’m at the gym now and across the street is a bar. One of the aforementioned women is on the patio is outside living it up.

Women are not washed up old bags at 45 and 50 anymore. I don’t know if they are having a midlife crisis or what but it seems the women recover from it faster on average than the men do. From what I have seen they live it up for a short while then get married again pretty soon after

Men are no different than bulls in a pasture of cows. Just looking for the one in heat.

Women are no different than cows in a pasture. They are, or are pretending to be in heat. She will pretend, get one hooked, and then stop pretending. And then she will be divorced again, when he figures out he was duped.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide