Forums46
Topics538,353
Posts9,736,193
Members87,083
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: 10 Gauge] #9038590 04/25/24 10:11 PM
10 Gauge Online Content OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
I am familiar with marijuana psychosis among other issues. Paranoid disorders induced by excessive cannabis abuse. Also, cirrhosis of the liver from alcohol abuse. None of our controlled substances are harmless. But it still does not compare to alcohol.

For starters, alcohol is one of only two substances that the withdrawals can kill you. I have had elderly relatives in the hospital literally prescribed whiskey to keep them alive.

There is a point of diminished or even no returns with regards to smoking pot. Alcohol, you drink more it effects you more until you pass out, die, or transform into a literal monster.

I think we have already established a pretty good parameter for alcohol us in our society, for most people. You need to know your limits lol

Last edited by 10 Gauge; 04/25/24 10:14 PM.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: 10 Gauge] #9038592 04/25/24 10:14 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by 10 Gauge
I am familiar with marijuana psychosis among other issues. Paranoid disorders induced by excessive cannabis abuse. Also, cirrhosis of the liver from alcohol abuse. None of our controlled substances are harmless. But it still does not compare to alcohol.

For starters, alcohol is one of only two substances that the withdrawals can kill you. I have had elderly relatives in the hospital literally prescribed whiskey to keep them alive.

There is a point of diminished or even no returns with regards to smoking pot. Alcohol, you drink more it effects you more until you pass out, die, or transform into a literal monster.

I had a good friend die of cirrhosis in his 40's. What a sad funeral.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: 10 Gauge] #9038593 04/25/24 10:14 PM
E
Espy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
I don’t think you can put marijuana in the same class as opiates, amphetamines, and these other drugs in these apocalyptic videos. It does not bear the same type of fruit. It is only a “gateway drug” in the sense that the same people that supplied it in the past also supplied other illegal substances.

Alcohol is ten times as bad as marijuana. I grew up around a bunch of potheads and bikers, I will die on this hill. Nobody beats their woman after smoking a joint. They don’t even fight. “I will kick his MF @&$ tomorrow”.

Blackout drunk, a man is about as unpredictable as someone using any other substance.

Gotta disagree 10 Guage. I consider them almost equal besides Marijuana being Illegal. Todays kids will get high and rob you, do a drive by or just fight you for fun. I have known many kids kill someone while high.

Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: 10 Gauge] #9038595 04/25/24 10:22 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I have seen pot be the down fall of several adults, all in their 50s, all in Texas. They think they have found the answer to all of their problems. They claim that it relieves them of issues they never had (looking for excuses), like stress, pain, anxiety, all are excuses to get high. And they try to convince others of how it helps and why they should try it too, all in an effort to justify their habit. Their quality life has diminished, including their family life. They say "It's just marijuana" but it can destroy lives too, just like alcohol. And they play games with it, with vapes, edibles and gummies, they are stoners.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: bigbob_ftw] #9038604 04/25/24 10:32 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
If I have ever smoked is not relevant to the discussion of MJ psychosis.

No I have not, and I don't care how many joints anyone HAS smoked. MJ psychosis is a real thing, and can happen.

That's what I though.

I am glad to have met your expectations. Does your question have any relevance to my comments or the reality of MJ psychosis?

Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: 10 Gauge] #9038606 04/25/24 10:35 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
People are apparently going to use pot legal or not, legalization just allows the government to turn a profit off it. I agree pot is not the same now as it was in the 1970s, I was seizing pot in the 1970s and was still seizing pot in 2022, never would I have believed I could hold $700.00 worth of pot in one hand...

Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: Texas buckeye] #9038610 04/25/24 10:38 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
If I have ever smoked is not relevant to the discussion of MJ psychosis.

No I have not, and I don't care how many joints anyone HAS smoked. MJ psychosis is a real thing, and can happen.

That's what I though.

I am glad to have met your expectations. Does your question have any relevance to my comments or the reality of MJ psychosis?

No more than yours.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: 10 Gauge] #9038613 04/25/24 10:41 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
I begged my mom to use MJ when she battled cancer and later died of acute leukemia. The social stigma around it prevented it. Would it save her? No, but she may have had quality of life for those years.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: Espy] #9038628 04/25/24 11:02 PM
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Espy
I don’t think you can put marijuana in the same class as opiates, amphetamines, and these other drugs in these apocalyptic videos. It does not bear the same type of fruit. It is only a “gateway drug” in the sense that the same people that supplied it in the past also supplied other illegal substances.

Alcohol is ten times as bad as marijuana. I grew up around a bunch of potheads and bikers, I will die on this hill. Nobody beats their woman after smoking a joint. They don’t even fight. “I will kick his MF @&$ tomorrow”.

Blackout drunk, a man is about as unpredictable as someone using any other substance.

Gotta disagree 10 Guage. I consider them almost equal besides Marijuana being Illegal. Todays kids will get high and rob you, do a drive by or just fight you for fun. I have known many kids kill someone while high.

Those kids should not be using anything at all. The substance abuse definitely contributes to the decay of society. All of it, alcohol and cannabis, too.

But like i said, I am not gonna pretend to be the expert that determines who can or can’t use what. But substance abuse is a problem and we need to crank the war on drugs all the way back up.

And close the freaking borders while we are at it. Fentanyl and xylazine, what the heck.

I miss the old days when crank was the worst thing someone could be on. That’s sad.

Last edited by 10 Gauge; 04/25/24 11:02 PM.

Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: 10 Gauge] #9038654 04/26/24 12:03 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
If drug users kept to themselves, I wouldn’t have an issue with it. The reality is that I’ve filed hundreds and hundreds of burglary habitation and aggravated robbery cases because they needed drug money. And no, legalizing it won’t solve that. Mexico will always supply it cheaper.

Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: reeltexan] #9038689 04/26/24 01:11 AM
B
BDB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by reeltexan

Laws and mores that have stood the test of thousands of years of human experience are not a mistake.
We have a segment of the population that thinks they are smarter than many generations of clear thinking, intelligent people.

They are fools.

An old red headed singing "outlaw" will Sholey disagree with ya, lol

Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: 10 Gauge] #9038701 04/26/24 01:45 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Hey, let’s argue about which drugs are okay and which ones are not, based on arbitrary lines we draw in the sand based upon our own individual preferences, instead of arguing about freedom and actual crimes and why what we do in our own space and time is none of the government’s business. Hell no. We don’t want to have that discussion. We’d rather have a bunch of crooked politicians make that decision for us. We’d rather have them tell us what we can and can’t do. We’d rather vote based on what suits us, according to our wants, as opposed to voting for what keeps us free.

Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: Sneaky] #9038746 04/26/24 03:30 AM
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Hey, let’s argue about which drugs are okay and which ones are not, based on arbitrary lines we draw in the sand based upon our own individual preferences, instead of arguing about freedom and actual crimes and why what we do in our own space and time is none of the government’s business. Hell no. We don’t want to have that discussion. We’d rather have a bunch of crooked politicians make that decision for us. We’d rather have them tell us what we can and can’t do. We’d rather vote based on what suits us, according to our wants, as opposed to voting for what keeps us free.

That is a really good point. Doesn’t change the fact that everywhere drugs have been decriminalized, there is a region that looks like a post-apocalyptic themed movie that literally spreads like a malignant tumor. I think it is on purpose, brought to you by the same tyrannical mf’s that are counting on crime to attempt to justify their tyrannical ideas to the masses.

Last edited by 10 Gauge; 04/26/24 03:33 AM.

Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: 10 Gauge] #9038759 04/26/24 06:11 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Sneaky

That is a really good point. Doesn’t change the fact that everywhere drugs have been decriminalized, there is a region that looks like a post-apocalyptic themed movie that literally spreads like a malignant tumor. I think it is on purpose, brought to you by the same tyrannical mf’s that are counting on crime to attempt to justify their tyrannical ideas to the masses.

That’s true. Is it a result of that particular policy, or the result of all of their policies?

Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: 10 Gauge] #9038761 04/26/24 09:04 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I miss the old crackheads that could hook you up with cable tv and fix your car with a rusty screwdriver and chewed gum. These new ones are worthless.

Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: 10 Gauge] #9038847 04/26/24 02:19 PM
R
rolyat.nosaj Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
When I drink I feel horrible the next day. If a eat a gummie then I feel perfectly normal the next day. Judge how you will.

Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: 10 Gauge] #9038856 04/26/24 02:35 PM
J
jrs_39 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
The hardest part for me, who enjoys an occasional puff, is being lectured by people that consume alcohol, adderal, xanax, ambien, ozempic, etc. on a daily basis.

Those drugs are thermonuclear weapons compared to weed (.177 caliber pellet gun).

Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #9038865 04/26/24 02:50 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
When I drink I feel horrible the next day. If a eat a gummie then I feel perfectly normal the next day. Judge how you will.

This kind of stuff is exactly the problem, people assume just because something does or doesn't affect themselves it must hold true for everyone else or be better or worse than something else.

The reality of it is, everything we ingest can be harmful or cause problems for any of us. For some, a single drink of alcohol is all it takes to go on a all-day binge and be a wicked person in the process, For some, they can be totally drunk off their arse and not have a bit of problem and have no hang over the next day. Anecdotal evidence of how something affects you or your loved ones is not the reason we say "drugs are bad" or "alcohol is bad" or "smoking is bad" or vaping is bad" or "taking prescription drugs not according to directions is bad"....these things are bad because in SOME people, they cause significant personal and societal issues. The fact these things do not cause trouble for all people DOES NOT MATTER. I have seen people shot in the head and live, and some people shot in the arm die. Does that mean getting shot isn't bad just because one person lived and only one died? Switch out the gun shot for knife stab, and the same thought process occurs. We know some things are bad and therefore we say these things you can not do, no matter how much you might want to.

We need to get past the idea that "I do X all the time and am just fine, so it must not be that bad"

You aren't everyone, and everyone isn't you. You want a first hand look at the OP premise, go to Portland Oregon, go to any inner city homeless camp, go to any ER on any given day and you will see what happens to people who have no control over what they want to do in their private lives.

Until we get tot he society where personal responsibility is actually owned 100% by the person, we have to put our foot down somewhere and say enough is enough. The line needs to be drawn somewhere. And I still solidly stand behind the line that illicit drug use needs to be illegal. The experiment has shown legalizing drug use DOES NOT work.

Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: jrs_39] #9038877 04/26/24 03:00 PM
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by jrs_39
The hardest part for me, who enjoys an occasional puff, is being lectured by people that consume alcohol, adderal, xanax, ambien, ozempic, etc. on a daily basis.

Those drugs are thermonuclear weapons compared to weed (.177 caliber pellet gun).

Cold hard facts

Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: 10 Gauge] #9038882 04/26/24 03:20 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Anyone can abuse a lot of "drugs" and screw up your health. Food is America's current "drug" of choice. The sad part. Most fat/overweight people don't care.

Any drug can can be used responsibly or irresponsibly. Alcohol, we have society drinker and the drunk. Same goes for weed. Thousands if not millions are the casual weekend user, the occasional user that functions as good or better than the person who has the occasional beer or hard drink after work.

Prescription drugs, same issue, some abuse them most use them as prescribed.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: Texas buckeye] #9038886 04/26/24 03:27 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

This kind of stuff is exactly the problem, people assume just because something does or doesn't affect themselves it must hold true for everyone else or be better or worse than something else.

The reality of it is, everything we ingest can be harmful or cause problems for any of us. For some, a single drink of alcohol is all it takes to go on a all-day binge and be a wicked person in the process, For some, they can be totally drunk off their arse and not have a bit of problem and have no hang over the next day. Anecdotal evidence of how something affects you or your loved ones is not the reason we say "drugs are bad" or "alcohol is bad" or "smoking is bad" or vaping is bad" or "taking prescription drugs not according to directions is bad"....these things are bad because in SOME people, they cause significant personal and societal issues. The fact these things do not cause trouble for all people DOES NOT MATTER. I have seen people shot in the head and live, and some people shot in the arm die. Does that mean getting shot isn't bad just because one person lived and only one died? Switch out the gun shot for knife stab, and the same thought process occurs. We know some things are bad and therefore we say these things you can not do, no matter how much you might want to.

We need to get past the idea that "I do X all the time and am just fine, so it must not be that bad"

You aren't everyone, and everyone isn't you. You want a first hand look at the OP premise, go to Portland Oregon, go to any inner city homeless camp, go to any ER on any given day and you will see what happens to people who have no control over what they want to do in their private lives.

Until we get tot he society where personal responsibility is actually owned 100% by the person, we have to put our foot down somewhere and say enough is enough. The line needs to be drawn somewhere. And I still solidly stand behind the line that illicit drug use needs to be illegal. The experiment has shown legalizing drug use DOES NOT work.

There is the real issue, if people consumed drugs, were responsible for their actions, maybe things would be different, but the facts are that many of these people depend on society to pay for their poor choices (Same as some drunks). Heck, most of them would never be caught if they kept the stuff at home, but many of them just cannot resist driving around in their cars smoking pot. This idea that you should be able to consume anything you want, especially in public is simply nonsense, that is not a freedom, that is a choice, and a poor one. Some of these people are either obtuse or the weed makes them dumb, I have been to a concert where the dude beside me was smoking pot, had to tell him numerous times to move away from me, finally explain if he didn't move, I'd turn him over to the police who were about fifty feet away at the time...Anyone who believes weed doesn't alter your thinking is simply lying to themselves.

Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: dogcatcher] #9038891 04/26/24 03:37 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Anyone can abuse a lot of "drugs" and screw up your health. Food is America's current "drug" of choice. The sad part. Most fat/overweight people don't care.

Any drug can can be used responsibly or irresponsibly. Alcohol, we have society drinker and the drunk. Same goes for weed. Thousands if not millions are the casual weekend user, the occasional user that functions as good or better than the person who has the occasional beer or hard drink after work.

Prescription drugs, same issue, some abuse them most use them as prescribed.

I'll agree on most of what you stated, but some overweight people problems have nothing to do with what they eat, and I have no idea how anyone can state who functions better, a guy on pot or a guy on booze, since most of us don't know the behavior of "Thousand if not Millions" of users...just my two cents, but I agree it is all about the abuse of any substance.

Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #9038930 04/26/24 04:33 PM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

You’re not repairing whatever the problem is with either one of those. Treating a symptom of a condition with a street drug is a dirty bandage at best.

Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: ntxtrapper] #9038942 04/26/24 04:45 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

You’re not repairing whatever the problem is with either one of those. Treating a symptom of a condition with a street drug is a dirty bandage at best.

Spot On.

Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business [Re: ntxtrapper] #9038951 04/26/24 05:05 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

He never said he was treating a problem and big pharma are the biggest drug dealers on the planet.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide