NGHTTRN Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
N
Guys,

Make your voice heard:

https://tpwd.texas.gov/business/feedback/public_comment/

I have no issues with the Tier 1 facility changes but there is something buried about DMP in the changes that im waiting on clarification on.

Carcass movement and zones are no issue.

Im voting NO on all the mountain lion stuff.
The canned hunting part seems ridiculous and we cant reasonably check the fence every 24 hours. It says 36 in the proposal but if you check the fence at 7 am one day, youll have to be out there again at 7pm the next day.

The special take is already happening, theyre just putting it on paper.

BY Ranch, Crystal City TX. South Texas Whitetail
https://huntbyranch.com
Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: NGHTTRN] #9038135 04/24/24 05:15 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
The ML is nothing more than trying to wedge the door open to essentially banning take.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: NGHTTRN] #9038138 04/24/24 05:52 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I read on another source something about a requirement for all turkey kills must be taken to a check station. That's the BS we don't ever want to get started in Texas.

Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: NGHTTRN] #9038166 04/24/24 06:27 PM
W
Wytex Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
W
I have to say the ban on canned mt lion hunts sounds good to me but the 36 hr trap check is BS.
We have a 72 hr trap check regulation and we have to release any trapped mt lions. They can for sure survive more than 36 hrs in a trap.
I do believe you all have way more big cats than most folks think.
They might need a season but not protection.

Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: Wytex] #9038182 04/24/24 07:05 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Wytex
I have to say the ban on canned mt lion hunts sounds good to me but the 36 hr trap check is BS.
We have a 72 hr trap check regulation and we have to release any trapped mt lions. They can for sure survive more than 36 hrs in a trap.

until they consider tree’ed cats with hounds canned. The guy that started all this wants ML hunting banned, being this is texas, best he will do is regulate success to almost nothing via regs.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: NGHTTRN] #9038191 04/24/24 07:32 PM
65x55 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
I'm curious where exactly that tract of land being acquired in Anderson County is, I see some candidate areas looking on the county GIS but not certain.

Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9038198 04/24/24 07:59 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by Wytex

until they consider tree’ed cats with hounds canned. The guy that started all this wants ML hunting banned, being this is texas, best he will do is regulate success to almost nothing via regs.

https://www.texansformountainlions.org/

This is the group pushing for the regulations, we all know they chip away little by little before it's completely banned.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #9038207 04/24/24 08:23 PM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
I read on another source something about a requirement for all turkey kills must be taken to a check station. That's the BS we don't ever want to get started in Texas.

That was in the Feb public comments. It will be through the TPWD hunt harvest app rather than a check station. It has been voluntary before now for anyone who wanted to enter them.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/releases/?req=20240229b

Require statewide mandatory harvest reporting for all harvested wild turkeys during all seasons and counties.

Close the spring-only hunting season for wild turkeys south of Highway 82 in Fannin, Lamar, Red River and Bowie counties.

Close all wild turkey hunting seasons in Bell and Williamson counties east of Interstate 35 (I-35) and in all of Milam County.

Remove references to Rio Grande and eastern wild turkey subspecies in regulations and replace with “wild turkey.”

Reduce the wild turkey hunting season length and annual bag limit in all counties with an open season west of the Pecos River and that portion of counties falling east of I-35/north of I-10 to a spring-only season from April 1-30 and one gobbler (male turkey) annual bag limit.

Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: Sniper John] #9038227 04/24/24 09:57 PM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Sniper John

That was in the Feb public comments. It will be through the TPWD hunt harvest app rather than a check station. It has been voluntary before now for anyone who wanted to enter them.

Require statewide mandatory harvest reporting for all harvested wild turkeys during all seasons and counties.

Close the spring-only hunting season for wild turkeys south of Highway 82 in Fannin, Lamar, Red River and Bowie counties.

Close all wild turkey hunting seasons in Bell and Williamson counties east of Interstate 35 (I-35) and in all of Milam County.

Remove references to Rio Grande and eastern wild turkey subspecies in regulations and replace with “wild turkey.”

Reduce the wild turkey hunting season length and annual bag limit in all counties with an open season west of the Pecos River and that portion of counties falling east of I-35/north of I-10 to a spring-only season from April 1-30 and one gobbler (male turkey) annual bag limit.

So if I kill a turkey I will now have to get on the internet and report it? As in mandatory?

Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #9038324 04/25/24 05:42 AM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe
Yes. Starting next fall season. They put up the changes 10 days ago.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/releases/?req=20240416b

Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: Sniper John] #9038327 04/25/24 08:12 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Yes. Starting next fall season. They put up the changes 10 days ago.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/releases/?req=20240416b

What a bunch of HS. And so it begins.

Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #9038336 04/25/24 11:14 AM
F
flintknapper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F

So if I kill a turkey I will now have to get on the internet and report it? As in mandatory?

Yep:

*Require statewide mandatory harvest reporting for all wild turkeys during all seasons and counties to improve harvest data for their management.

*Close the spring-only hunting season for wild turkeys south of Highway 82 in Fannin, Lamar, Red River and Bowie counties due to ongoing wild turkey restoration by TPWD, NWTF and landowners.

*Close all wild turkey hunting seasons in Bell and Williamson counties east of Interstate 35 (I-35) and in all of Milam County to allow the restocking of wild turkeys for population restoration by TPWD and landowners.

*Remove references to Rio Grande and Eastern wild turkey subspecies in regulations and replace with “wild turkey” to simplify county regulations.

*Reduce the wild turkey hunting season length and annual bag limit in Brewster, Jeff Davis, Pecos and Terrell Counties west of the Pecos River; Comal, Hays, Hill, McLennan, and Travis Counties east of I-35, and Guadalupe County north of I-10 to a spring-only season from April 1-30 and a one gobbler (male turkey) annual bag limit to be more proportionate with wild turkey populations.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: NGHTTRN] #9038362 04/25/24 01:45 PM
D
DUKFVR Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
D
It's all a dog and pony show. The clowns at tpwd already have their minds made up. Your opinion means nothing to those azzclowns running that screwed up place.

Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: NGHTTRN] #9038496 04/25/24 07:15 PM
D
dkershen Offline
Rev Dave
Rev Dave
D
Gave my piece of mind on these. Wonder if the even read them?

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: NGHTTRN] #9038498 04/25/24 07:21 PM
N
NGHTTRN Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
N
They definitely get read guys.

There was new regulation proposed last year that didnt get passed because of the public comments.

These go all the way to the commissioners!

Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: NGHTTRN] #9038499 04/25/24 07:22 PM
N
NGHTTRN Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
N
I was gonna add: The canned hunts on lions are already against the law.

The proposal is just well written.

Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: DUKFVR] #9038533 04/25/24 08:37 PM
B
blancobuster Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by DUKFVR
It's all a dog and pony show. The clowns at tpwd already have their minds made up. Your opinion means nothing to those azzclowns running that screwed up place.

I can tell you from experience working with public comments, any agency, federal or state, would likely not pay attention to your comments, because they contain no substance. People who stick their head in the sand and complain really have no right to complain. The public comments for these issues that get paid the most attention too are the ones that make the bureaucrats ask themselves more questions. If you have a real gripe, then challenge them with your comments don't just cluck like a hen about it. My professional experience with a decade in the industry is that almost every person working at state and federal wildlife agencies is doing so with the best intentions with many constituencies to serve and political pressures being forced upon them. You sound like the azzclown to me

Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: blancobuster] #9038671 04/26/24 12:35 AM
D
DUKFVR Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
D
Originally Posted by blancobuster

I can tell you from experience working with public comments, any agency, federal or state, would likely not pay attention to your comments, because they contain no substance. People who stick their head in the sand and complain really have no right to complain. The public comments for these issues that get paid the most attention too are the ones that make the bureaucrats ask themselves more questions. If you have a real gripe, then challenge them with your comments don't just cluck like a hen about it. My professional experience with a decade in the industry is that almost every person working at state and federal wildlife agencies is doing so with the best intentions with many constituencies to serve and political pressures being forced upon them. You sound like the azzclown to me

I don't send in comments like that. Just stating how the process sure seems to go. From years of writing meaningful comments on proposals with what I see from experience etc on the proposals it doesn't matter most of the time. You can say what you want ,but I figure you are one of the azzclowns on the inside.

Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: NGHTTRN] #9038708 04/26/24 02:01 AM
K
krmitchell Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
The mountain lion proposals seem to be fixing a problem that doesn’t exist. Wtf do they expect to happen to lions caught in traps? People kill them, doesn’t matter if they sit there for a day or a year in the trap, 99% of the time they are getting a bullet. Never heard of someone advertising a canned ML hunt, again a problem that doesn’t need to be solved.

Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: NGHTTRN] #9038735 04/26/24 02:59 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I can’t believe everyone’s not worked up about starting this fall, a man can’t get a license and kill a turkey without notifying the government afterwards.

Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: krmitchell] #9038796 04/26/24 12:43 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by krmitchell
The mountain lion proposals seem to be fixing a problem that doesn’t exist. Wtf do they expect to happen to lions caught in traps? People kill them, doesn’t matter if they sit there for a day or a year in the trap, 99% of the time they are getting a bullet. Never heard of someone advertising a canned ML hunt, again a problem that doesn’t need to be solved.

They are making it sound like some people live trapped them, then turned it out and put dogs on it when client shows up. Not a practice common enough to warrant a new law it when its already illegal. Canned comment is just click bait to get votes for the anti trapping part.

what they want is for Canned to eventually be considered Treeing a lion, eventually out lawing hound hunting.

Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9038842 04/26/24 01:57 PM
K
krmitchell Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by krmitchell

Canned comment is just click bait to get votes for the anti trapping part.

what they want is for Canned to eventually be considered Treeing a lion, eventually out lawing hound hunting.

Agreed. The wording of that proposal is very fanatical and makes it sound like ML #s are dwindling without any evidence of it.

Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: DUKFVR] #9038853 04/26/24 02:31 PM
B
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B

I don't send in comments like that. Just stating how the process sure seems to go. From years of writing meaningful comments on proposals with what I see from experience etc on the proposals it doesn't matter most of the time. You can say what you want ,but I figure you are one of the azzclowns on the inside.

No lol not currently on the inside but I regularly complete contracts for said "azzclowns" and recognize they have a difficult job to do and the majority I have met don't get paid enough for how hard they work. It is easy to get bent out of shape over an issue or two not going the way we want believe me I get that way too. But at the end of the day, the missions of each of these agencies are usually bigger than the individual issue at hand. I won't dispute the fact that regulators do sometimes have their mind made up on regulating an issue before asking for public comment, but I truly do believe that they take earnest, thought-out, and coherent comments into account to the best of their abilities.

Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: blancobuster] #9038876 04/26/24 02:58 PM
D
DUKFVR Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
D

No lol not currently on the inside but I regularly complete contracts for said "azzclowns" and recognize they have a difficult job to do and the majority I have met don't get paid enough for how hard they work. It is easy to get bent out of shape over an issue or two not going the way we want believe me I get that way too. But at the end of the day, the missions of each of these agencies are usually bigger than the individual issue at hand. I won't dispute the fact that regulators do sometimes have their mind made up on regulating an issue before asking for public comment, but I truly do believe that they take earnest, thought-out, and coherent comments into account to the best of their abilities.

I will agree with you on some of them caring. Especially The boots on the ground guys & guys & gals down from the top. Tough to make everyone happy ,but if you are from Tx and have seen some of the things tpwd commission has done lately you can understand how some of us feel.
Have a Good Day!

Re: TPWD Public comments [Re: NGHTTRN] #9038923 04/26/24 04:21 PM
B
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
[quote=blancobuster][quote=DUKFVR][quote=blancobuster][quote=DUKFVR]

I will agree with you on some of them caring. Especially The boots on the ground guys & guys & gals down from the top. Tough to make everyone happy ,but if you are from Tx and have seen some of the things tpwd commission has done lately you can understand how some of us feel.
Have a Good Day!

I am from Texas and I have a lease back home still but will admit I don't pay much attention to what goes happens down there. Compared to everywhere else I hunt Texas is kind of the the wild west relative to other states in terms of hunting. Nowhere else in the USA and maybe the world is there a comparable state with the variety and year round seasons to hunt. I am also probably slightly biased studying wildlife in school and so fully indoctrinated into the North American model. We are probably more in agreement than it originally seemed though if you can appreciate the boots on the ground. Here in Colorado we truly do have a delusional politically driven wildlife commission....and I don't think half of them would take much consideration an eloquently written comment that was counter to their personal position. But the people who collate and deliver those comments to the commission likely do care and take their jobs seriously.

You have a great day as well, sorry for being an azzclown !!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide