Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: blanked] #9035583 04/18/24 01:25 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by blanked
I blame republicans on this one. Supreme court ruled no to this. Republicans sit by and let it happen

I'm not sure how Republicans could stop this, it is an executive action by Joe Biden. The Biden Administration says they found a way around the Supreme Court ruling. This executive action will need to be challenged in court, there is no way to get the democratic votes in the Senate to pass anything Republicans want to pass.

Last edited by Concho; 04/18/24 01:34 PM.

Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: jetdad] #9035910 04/19/24 04:39 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
I don’t get it. You went to college. You’re supposedly smarter than me. Figure it out. I am not wasting 4 years of my life to make peanuts when there are trades paying 6 figures. It’s dumb.

If they (the guberment) really cared about educating the kids, they would pay teachers a better wage. I don’t want somebody teaching my kids that wasted 4 years of life to make a low-middle class income. I can tell you right off the bat, most of them have no business trying to teach kids. I think it is intentional, they want ideologues that will help raise or create good slaves for the future.

I am sure there are a few that really care about teaching kids, or come from a family tradition of teachers. Most of them are a long way off from that ideal.

Last edited by 10 Gauge; 04/19/24 04:40 AM.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: jetdad] #9035913 04/19/24 06:05 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Most people with student loans are under 35. This is just another way of manipulating our system to keep the democrat voters on their side.

Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: BayouGuy] #9035926 04/19/24 11:23 AM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by BayouGuy
Let's stop calling it Debt Forgiveness and start calling it what it is - Debt Transfer.

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: Concho] #9035944 04/19/24 12:45 PM
S
Schooler Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
Originally Posted by Concho
Originally Posted by NORML as can be
Wish I got some of that free money.

Heck, I'm wondering how many of them took out big college loans, spent their time and money drinking beer and chasing girls, blew off college and now get it all forgiven?

A LOT of them did this.

Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: Schooler] #9036012 04/19/24 03:31 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Schooler
Originally Posted by Concho
Originally Posted by NORML as can be
Wish I got some of that free money.

Heck, I'm wondering how many of them took out big college loans, spent their time and money drinking beer and chasing girls, blew off college and now get it all forgiven?

A LOT of them did this.

Something over half won’t finish college, if that tells you anything. Most of our young people are not ready to be out on their own in any sort of way by the end of high school.

They don’t learn how to live in the world, at home or in school.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: jetdad] #9036089 04/19/24 06:17 PM
D
Dave Davidson Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I paid mine. FJB and all the freeloaders including Democrats in Congress and people who vote for them.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: 10 Gauge] #9036163 04/19/24 09:52 PM
S
Smokey Bear Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by 10 Gauge
I don’t get it. You went to college. You’re supposedly smarter than me. Figure it out. I am not wasting 4 years of my life to make peanuts when there are trades paying 6 figures. It’s dumb.

If they (the guberment) really cared about educating the kids, they would pay teachers a better wage. I don’t want somebody teaching my kids that wasted 4 years of life to make a low-middle class income. I can tell you right off the bat, most of them have no business trying to teach kids. I think it is intentional, they want ideologues that will help raise or create good slaves for the future.

I am sure there are a few that really care about teaching kids, or come from a family tradition of teachers. Most of them are a long way off from that ideal.

Sometimes you get pretty far out there Bryan. College is not for everyone. Some do well with no need for college. Some flounder inspite of college. Depending on career choice, college may be 100% necessary. College professors are teaching young adults, not kids. How those young adults conduct themselves and what they take away from college is a function of their own decisions, their upbringing, and their work ethic..

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: Smokey Bear] #9036201 04/20/24 12:16 AM
M
Marc K Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear

. College is not for everyone. Some do well with no need for college. Some flounder inspite of college. Depending on career choice, college may be 100% necessary. College professors are teaching young adults, not kids. How those young adults conduct themselves and what they take away from college is a function of their own decisions, their upbringing, and their work ethic..

Yes, sir. I could not agree more after raising 5 daughters. Four of them went through college. All are now productive adults with their own kids.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: jetdad] #9036218 04/20/24 01:32 AM
T
TDK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Funny how the same people biotching about student loan forgiveness turn a blind eye to the $757 billion in PPP LOANS forgiven. Twice as much as the student loan forgiveness amount.

Further, for every job saved by PPP loans, studies found it cost taxpayers between $170,000 and $257,000. What’s the national average for wage earnings again? Why is it so much higher? Where did those excess funds go?

I don’t support either, but in fairness sake…

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: TDK] #9036223 04/20/24 01:42 AM
KRoyal Offline
Texoma Legend
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by TDK
Funny how the same people biotching about student loan forgiveness turn a blind eye to the $757 billion in PPP LOANS forgiven. Twice as much as the student loan forgiveness amount.

Apples to oranges there. The PPP loans were because our dumbass government shut down our country killing a lot of small businesses. The people that took these loans out knew the consequences and signed their name on the dotted line. They should be liable for the loan period.

[Linked Image]

Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: KRoyal] #9036224 04/20/24 01:49 AM
T
TDK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
So just so we are on the same page, taxes paid to keep small private business afloat via paying wages(25% went towards wages), paying their operating costs, paying off creditors, and paying for Ski Nautiques, and we are good with that?

Further, what percentage of companies whom received PPP loans were posting their highest profits at the same time? Are you okay with those in said circumstance having their loans forgiven?

It’s all horseshiat.

Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: TDK] #9036230 04/20/24 01:58 AM
KRoyal Offline
Texoma Legend
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by TDK
So just so we are on the same page, taxes paid to keep small private business afloat via paying wages(25% went towards wages), paying their operating costs, paying off creditors, and paying for Ski Nautiques, and we are good with that?

It’s all horseshiat.

I’d much rather give my tax dollars to small businesses to keep them in business when they had no choice but to close their doors during the scamdemic than give it to a bunch of idiots that got tens of thousands in loans for a degree they’ll probably never use. That is on them, not the tax payer. I don’t see the government paying off my truck because dealerships are a scam or paying off my house. I signed on the line on both those loans and I’ll see them to the end and pay them off. Same as what the people that got student loans should do. It’s nothing but buying votes.

I’m not ok with either but in more favor of the PPP because they didn’t have a choice but to shut down their businesses because the government mandated it. Students had a choice to take the loans or not, they chose to take them it’s on them.

[Linked Image]

Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: jetdad] #9036233 04/20/24 02:01 AM
T
TDK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
And what about businesses whom were posting their highest profits ever AND still getting PPP loans forgiven?

Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: jetdad] #9036247 04/20/24 02:25 AM
KRoyal Offline
Texoma Legend
Texoma Legend
I said I’m not in favor of either and I also said small businesses. Again this is apples to oranges argument.

[Linked Image]

Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: jetdad] #9036251 04/20/24 02:37 AM
T
TDK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Results the same to taxpayer.

Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: jetdad] #9036259 04/20/24 03:18 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
I could have got one when profits were high but did not. Kind of wish I would have now as the last 2 years have been tougher. I pay my taxes same as every one of you.

[Linked Image]
Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: TDK] #9036264 04/20/24 03:49 AM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by TDK

Further, for every job saved by PPP loans, studies found it cost taxpayers between $170,000 and $257,000. What’s the national average for wage earnings again? Why is it so much higher? Where did those excess funds go?

The difference, PPP Loans approved by Congress, the president does NOT have the authority to forgive debt, it really is that simple as the Supreme Court said.

Last edited by Concho; 04/20/24 03:55 AM.

Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: jetdad] #9036272 04/20/24 04:50 AM
S
Sewer rat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Student loan forgiveness makes me madder than most things. Anyone who got a degree in something that wasn’t absolutely useless could easily pay off their loans if they had integrity. I racked up a ton loans in undergraduate and graduate school. Around 75k worth back in 2003. Instead of putting them on forbearance or consolidating or whatever other crap people do to not pay I made paying them off a top priority because I figured they enabled me to get my education so I should repay them. I didn’t get the fancy car, fancy vacation, and my first two houses only cost a little more than I made a year but I was determined to pay off my student loans and did so in 2008.

If you got a degree in something stupid where the job prospects pay less than McDonalds you are a moron and we shouldn’t bail you out. If you got a degree in something useful but are spending like a drunk congressman instead of paying off the debt we shouldn’t bail you out either. In theory the program isn’t horrible but people taking advantage of it make me sick.

Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: jetdad] #9036290 04/20/24 11:58 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
PPP and student debt forgiveness are each government hand outs. The rats are deciding who gets the cheese. We live in this economy that is supposed to be free market and I abhor the government picking winners. The PPP heist could well have been what it took to provide for a wealth transfer to big pharma. The same thing can be said about the green crap.

Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: jetdad] #9036351 04/20/24 01:41 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
The only actions our government takes anymore is passing laws to transfer wealth and give away more power to the three letter agencies. I don't know of a meaningful law passed by Congress in the last thirty years. Congress has abdicated their authority to the Executive Branch on many issues, and most of these handouts are not worthy of funding. I would at least like the Congress to pass these handouts, and the president not simply sign an order to transfer debt from college freeloaders to hard working Americans simply to buy votes in an election cycle.

Last edited by Concho; 04/20/24 01:43 PM.

Re: Student debt forgiveness [Re: dogcatcher] #9036361 04/20/24 01:58 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
(quote) 2007: CONGRESS CREATES PSLF
In the last year of President George W. Bush’s presidency, Congress passed the College Cost Reduction and Access Act with bipartisan support. It promised to ease the burden of repayment of student loan debt—a burgeoning problem caused by skyrocketing college tuition—through a number of modifications to existing programs and by creating new ones. The Bush administration touted the bill’s expansion of Pell Grants, increasing the amount of money low-income families could receive toward tuition. Further, it reduced the interest rate on future federal Stafford Loans, cutting them in half over the following few years.

Perhaps the largest lasting impacts, however, came for borrowers already in repayment. The Act created two programs that were designed to ease the ongoing cost to borrowers and to help them eliminate their loans if they were working in public service. Although the White House did little to advertise these programs, Income-Driven Repayment (IDR) and Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) have remained integral parts of the federal student loan system and are regular news items in the ongoing student debt crisis.(/quote)

https://navigatestudentloans.com/a-brief-history-of-public-service-loan-forgiveness/

If the laws passed by Congress would have forgiven these current borrowers, they would already have been forgiven and their debt gone. I believe someone here has already posted the average income of these borrowers and it is way above my pay grade, so this isn't about poor kids going to college. This is about the Biden Administration attempting to alter the program to cover more people without the approval of Congress.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide