Print Thread
Lights on UTV question #9034121 04/14/24 10:48 PM
I
ijohnston Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
I
I am thinking about putting Some light bars or cubes on the sides of my Ranger crew. Front and rear are clear, but I’m thinking about putting red or green on the side. Any thoughts or opinions on green or red? [Linked Image]

Re: Lights on UTV question [Re: ijohnston] #9034129 04/14/24 11:21 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by ijohnston
I am thinking about putting Some light bars or cubes on the sides of my Ranger crew. Front and rear are clear, but I’m thinking about putting red or green on the side. Any thoughts or opinions on green or red? [Linked Image]

just curious - why would you want green or red lights on the side? Clear lights on the front and back are all I would need

You can't fix stupid
Re: Lights on UTV question [Re: ijohnston] #9034162 04/15/24 01:00 AM
I
ijohnston Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
I
No real reason I don’t do allot of night hunting. I do like having additional light for whatever reason it may be. I run my lights off an Auxiliary battery. If green or red are worth it I will swap my front and rear out.

Re: Lights on UTV question [Re: ijohnston] #9034213 04/15/24 04:47 AM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I can send you pics of how our hunting rig is lit up, imo it’s the best options for real world use and it doesn’t have any red or green lights,. I made a light bar for the rear of the cab and have a 12” flood light to the rear and single 2 4” floods pointed to the outer rear or the side depending on what we’re doing. Ours is set up more for loading and unloading equipment in the Ranger and for opening closing gates in the dark. Let me know if you want to see the pics. I can tell you where to buy the factory switches so you can run them all independently of each other as well. Being yours is a crew cab you could mount them on the sides on the middle bar. I’ve gone through over a dozen machines before I finally set one up I’m 100% happy with and this this one. LED inside the cab is where I could see having an optional red light but I’d still have the with strip of white as well, it’s damn nice being able to see what your doing in the dark lol. If you need a rear bar built i can tall you the tabs you néed and I can cut and weld the bar itself where it’s a bolt on situation.

Re: Lights on UTV question [Re: Ol Thumper] #9034446 04/15/24 08:02 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
I can send you pics of how our hunting rig is lit up, imo it’s the best options for real world use and it doesn’t have any red or green lights,. I made a light bar for the rear of the cab and have a 12” flood light to the rear and single 2 4” floods pointed to the outer rear or the side depending on what we’re doing. Ours is set up more for loading and unloading equipment in the Ranger and for opening closing gates in the dark. Let me know if you want to see the pics. I can tell you where to buy the factory switches so you can run them all independently of each other as well. Being yours is a crew cab you could mount them on the sides on the middle bar. I’ve gone through over a dozen machines before I finally set one up I’m 100% happy with and this this one. LED inside the cab is where I could see having an optional red light but I’d still have the with strip of white as well, it’s damn nice being able to see what your doing in the dark lol. If you need a rear bar built i can tall you the tabs you néed and I can cut and weld the bar itself where it’s a bolt on situation.

Can you post a couple of photos here?

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: Lights on UTV question [Re: ijohnston] #9034477 04/15/24 09:10 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
my old RTV 900 had a long light bar (mixed spot/flood) on the front and had small pods 4x on the rear corners (2 back of cab and 2 on back of high seat) for work lights & loading the bed. That front bar lite things up way out (several hundred yards brighter than daylight) which was nice to see out at a distance. It actually would blind deer/other animals and they would high step to get out of sight, some would come directly towards it.

my current RTV 1140 has 2x large square pods facing forward and 2 facing rear that light things up pretty good.

I have 4 small pods with green lights that I intend to get mounted before next season. will set up 2 forward and 2 rear that will mainly be used for traveling to/from the stands, as I feel they are much less disruptive than the bight white.

After 40+ years headlighting varmints with handheld Q-beams, it seems like all animals are less concerned and almost curious with the different color lights (red, green, yellow/amber). We used almost exclusively red lens for coon hunting and they would stare directly at the light until we got up under a tree, sometimes coming from a quarter to half a mile away ... like they were saying "WTH is that eeks333" almost like they were in a trance

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Lights on UTV question [Re: Ol Thumper] #9034478 04/15/24 09:10 PM
I
ijohnston Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper

Yes please send them my way.. can you post here or direct message?

Re: Lights on UTV question [Re: ijohnston] #9034488 04/15/24 09:33 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
agree, pictures would be nice Ol Thumper

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Lights on UTV question [Re: ijohnston] #9034504 04/15/24 10:02 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I’ll get some tomorrow if it’s not raining and post them up but regardless I’ll get some asap

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide