BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Again over the top, and dramatic.

Not try to tell anyone how to raise there kids. They are your kids do what you will with them.

same troll s as always. He is defending individual parent choice, Only one that gave a mandate is you.

Lol, how so? I'll wait.......

typical

Originally Posted by kry226
Kids need to mix it up with others

point isn't what's best, but more so what's best for each kid and each family. As such, I've known some families who send some of their kids to public school, while homeschooling others.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Do you homeschool [Re: NORML as can be] #9033078 04/12/24 03:04 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
10 years ago, I would not have considered it. Mainly because I thought I had to do it.

Today, they have introduced many options from hybrid to full online taught by quality educators. If your kid has a phone, they probably do alot of their interaction virtually already.

My kids having part time jobs, has done far more for their socialization. Dealing with new people, interacting and seeing the good, bad and ugly.

Re: Do you homeschool [Re: Roll-Tide] #9033080 04/12/24 03:06 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
10 years ago, I would not have considered it. Mainly because I thought I had to do it.

Today, they have introduced many options from hybrid to full online taught by quality educators. If your kid has a phone, they probably do alot of their interaction virtually already.

My kids having part time jobs, has done far more for their socialization. Dealing with new people, interacting and seeing the good, bad and ugly.

yelp some of the districts now even offer home school online programs

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Do you homeschool [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9033081 04/12/24 03:07 PM
S
S.A. hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

Not try to tell anyone how to raise there kids. They are your kids do what you will with them.

same troll s as always. He is defending individual parent choice, Only one that gave a mandate is you.

typical

point isn't what's best, but more so what's best for each kid and each family. As such, I've known some families who send some of their kids to public school, while homeschooling others.

Lolololol, that's a mandate?

I stand by my statement about, being dramatic and over the top.

Re: Do you homeschool [Re: S.A. hunter] #9033082 04/12/24 03:12 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
[quote=S.A. hunter]

typical

Lolololol, that's a mandate?

I stand by my statement about, being dramatic and over the top.

it is when you label his simple counter “of choice and whats best for each kid and family” AS dramatic and over the top.

Re: Do you homeschool [Re: S.A. hunter] #9033086 04/12/24 03:26 PM
S
S.A. hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
I wouldn't homeschool either, unless I was in a terrible school district. Kids need to mix it up with others

See, this is the propagated myth... that kids in public school "mix it up with others" and that kids in homeschool do not. Neither are universal truths. Most homeschool kids mix it up plenty with lots of other kids. Do they have a 5A-sized school exposure like I did? Probably not, but that's not disadvantageous.

But the continued pontification of these myths that simply aren't true damages our family freedoms and ultimately hurts the kids.

The point isn't what's best, but more so what's best for each kid and each family. As such, I've known some families who send some of their kids to public school, while homeschooling others.

A bit over the top, and dramatic.

Here's the interaction.......

Tell me it wasn't over the top and dramatic.....

Re: Do you homeschool [Re: NORML as can be] #9033090 04/12/24 03:31 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
No didn't, that big bad world is still out there, may as well tackle and learn it sooner than later. We constantly discussed with the kids, right, wrong and accountability and fact not everyone would respect or follow that, but be your own person and all would be well. And mostly, it has....

Re: Do you homeschool [Re: DQ Kid] #9033093 04/12/24 03:33 PM
S
S.A. hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
No didn't, that big bad world is still out there, may as well tackle and learn it sooner than later. We constantly discussed with the kids, right, wrong and accountability and fact not everyone would respect or follow that, but be your own person and all would be well. And mostly, it has....

100% how we feel.

Re: Do you homeschool [Re: S.A. hunter] #9033095 04/12/24 03:34 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
I wouldn't homeschool either, unless I was in a terrible school district. Kids need to mix it up with others

See, this is the propagated myth... that kids in public school "mix it up with others" and that kids in homeschool do not. Neither are universal truths. Most homeschool kids mix it up plenty with lots of other kids. Do they have a 5A-sized school exposure like I did? Probably not, but that's not disadvantageous.

But the continued pontification of these myths that simply aren't true damages our family freedoms and ultimately hurts the kids.

The point isn't what's best, but more so what's best for each kid and each family. As such, I've known some families who send some of their kids to public school, while homeschooling others.

A bit over the top, and dramatic.

Here's the interaction.......

Tell me it wasn't over the top and dramatic.....

the most sensible and simple rebuttal that could be made.

go troll else where

that kids in public school "mix it up with others" and that kids in homeschool do not. Neither are universal truths. Most homeschool kids mix it up plenty with lots of other kids. Do they have a 5A-sized school exposure like I did? Probably not, but that's not disadvantageous.”

Re: Do you homeschool [Re: NORML as can be] #9033099 04/12/24 03:38 PM
S
S.A. hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
the most sensible and simple rebuttal that could be made.

go troll else where

that kids in public school "mix it up with others" and that kids in homeschool do not. Neither are universal truths. Most homeschool kids mix it up plenty with lots of other kids. Do they have a 5A-sized school exposure like I did? Probably not, but that's not disadvantageous.”

I think you would be the toll here, since you weren't part of the discussion..... like most other times. I'm being to think you just like arguing with me. Nah it couldn't be.

Re: Do you homeschool [Re: NORML as can be] #9033100 04/12/24 03:38 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Lol, Its an open thread. Nice crawfish

Re: Do you homeschool [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9033102 04/12/24 03:45 PM
S
S.A. hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Lol, Its an open thread. Nice crawfish

Nope still here, If you have any other bad takes let me know.

Re: Do you homeschool [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9033137 04/12/24 04:50 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by redchevy
Every home schooled person I met was obvious and not in a good way. Ours go to public school same as my wife and myself and our parents etc.

Technology has empowered a huge swing of advancements in education. Look at college, what class do you actually have to be on campus for? essentially just labs.

Ive never been a home schooling fan, But the home schooling options today are so much further advanced, You even have hybrid and co-ops options etc.

After dealing with public school BS recently In a top rated district, I have a renewed interest in putting at least one of my kids in Private.

I have to admit that most of my opinion is dated from when I went to college and met several homeschool kids, that were obviously different. The folks I know personally doing it now are not doing a good job!

I think the vast majority of schooling should go away. You need to be able to read write and understand necessary math. Past that majority of what you need is on the job training. I know not all professions fit this model but a large % do.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Do you homeschool [Re: redchevy] #9033139 04/12/24 04:54 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Every home schooled person I met was obvious and not in a good way. Ours go to public school same as my wife and myself and our parents etc.

Technology has empowered a huge swing of advancements in education. Look at college, what class do you actually have to be on campus for? essentially just labs.

Ive never been a home schooling fan, But the home schooling options today are so much further advanced, You even have hybrid and co-ops options etc.

After dealing with public school BS recently In a top rated district, I have a renewed interest in putting at least one of my kids in Private.

I have to admit that most of my opinion is dated from when I went to college and met several homeschool kids, that were obviously different. The folks I know personally doing it now are not doing a good job!

I think the vast majority of schooling should go away. You need to be able to read write and understand necessary math. Past that majority of what you need is on the job training. I know not all professions fit this model but a large % do.

texas needs a vo tech system for sure. we had a great one in tulsa and prepaired you to start working as soon as you graduated.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Do you homeschool [Re: bigbob_ftw] #9033142 04/12/24 04:56 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

texas needs a vo tech system for sure. we had a great one in tulsa and prepaired you to start working as soon as you graduated.

I think we still do, but its not near as fluent as it use to be. Trimble Tech in Fortworth is still vocational, I think

Re: Do you homeschool [Re: NORML as can be] #9033144 04/12/24 04:59 PM
M
Mr. 806 Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
M
We know a ton of families home-schooling it these days. IF the parents invest the time and have the right curriculum, I see major upside here. Trouble is most don't and kids miss out on major social skills and interaction. My wife is a teacher and we have no issue with public schools.

Re: Do you homeschool [Re: NORML as can be] #9033170 04/12/24 05:53 PM
oldoak2000 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
YES we homeschooled,
and YES firearm training/shooting/range-time also taught ON premises,
so not possible to NOT have them present, but safely, of course!
Glad we did - our kiddos excelled in college (all got scholarships, 2 even full 4-yr rides) and now in real life!

Re: Do you homeschool [Re: NORML as can be] #9033190 04/12/24 06:27 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
I'm glad I wasn't homeschooled, public High School was the best 8 years of my life!

Re: Do you homeschool [Re: redchevy] #9033197 04/12/24 06:36 PM
G
Gringo Bling Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G

That line of thinking is why the US STEM is so far behind countries like India, China, Singapore, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, etc. There are a number of different math and science rankings, but all of the rankings have the US lagging far behind other countries. Here in the US, all the Asians are the ones dominating STEM. That's a dim outlook for the US economic future if those trends don't change.

Re: Do you homeschool [Re: redchevy] #9033198 04/12/24 06:36 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

Agree 100%.

Have two kids in high school and I don’t think they learned anything past about 6th grade that is gonna help them in their adult life.

The only skill I learned in high school that I use as an adult is how to type. That’s it. I also learned il how to weld badly I guess. So two things in 4 years that carried over.

I also knew several kids whose parents homeschooled them in the early 2000’s. Both sets of kids were different. Socially but also scholastically. I think in high school they eventually caught up but it was hard on them.

It takes a certain type of parent to be an effective homeschool teacher. I would say a small % of parents are equipped to do as good of a job as a professional teacher.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Do you homeschool [Re: skinnerback] #9033199 04/12/24 06:38 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by skinnerback
I'm glad I wasn't homeschooled, public High School was the best 8 years of my life!

roflmao If only you could get in A in class for using an old wind up telephone to fish with.

You can buy pond shockers on Amazon now for $50… could you image

Re: Do you homeschool [Re: outdoor-addict] #9033200 04/12/24 06:39 PM
G
Gringo Bling Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
Originally Posted by outdoor-addict
Originally Posted by garyrapp55
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
How about if you don’t have kids in school you don’t pay school taxes. I would be all about that.

I can't get behind that. Public education (as poor as ours may be) is for our entire society. I see this similar to saying, "we're not at war, I don't want to pay taxes to fund the military". I'm against big govt. but some things we need to do as a group, education is one of the few.

So if education is something that "need to be done as a group", how about the non-property owners (renters / leasers) start paying school taxes.
Maybe school taxes should be treated as a consumption tax, those that use pay - those that don't aren't taxed.

That does not make sense. Property taxes for renters are inherently built into the rent that they pay the landlord, who then pays property taxes (including school taxes).

Re: Do you homeschool [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9033201 04/12/24 06:41 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef

roflmao If only you could get in A in class for using an old wind up telephone to fish with.

roflmao Speaking of fishing, I just closed on a little offshore boat, lemme know when you're coming down next.

Now back

Re: Do you homeschool [Re: skinnerback] #9033209 04/12/24 06:51 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

roflmao Speaking of fishing, I just closed on a little offshore boat, lemme know when you're coming down next.

Now back

June. Ill call you before we head down, very least we can do dinner

Re: Do you homeschool [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9033213 04/12/24 06:55 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef

Now back

June. Ill call you before we head down, very least we can do dinner

cheers Deal.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide