Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #9032091 04/10/24 05:29 PM
603Country Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Might be better to spank them at least once (if deserved) so they will see what happens if logic doesn’t work with them. They’ll pay more attention to your ‘logic’.

Raising kids is not easy, and they are all different, and none come with instructions. Make sure they know you love them. That matters. Our youngest, the trouble one, told us years later that being told she was loved really mattered to her. I can tell you that no amount of logic ever made even the smallest difference with her. And I’ll share what finally worked with her. One day I was just DONE dealing with her. I told her I loved her, but I didn’t like her. Told her she was a byproduct of my love for her mother, and it was no longer working to have her in the house. And…I was shipping her off to a military prep school with rigorous discipline. That was before I knew that I could not send her off to a military school - it cost too much, and she’d have to agree to go. But I decided to run the bluff, and had all sorts of brochures coming in daily from those schools. They all wound up on the kitchen island, and she saw them all. And she calmed the F down. Then she later went off to college and found that her clothes didn’t get magically cleaned and ironed by dwarves, and food didn’t cook itself, and there was no well stuffed fridge she could stroll over to and raid. Net result is that the wife and I were now held in higher regard. Today, the gal is normal, or close enough, though her parenting skill closely resembled a helicopter.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #9032120 04/10/24 06:50 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Originally Posted by GusWayne
I haven't "spanked" my son in years until today

He is normally a good kid, real good kid actually

Its been a few years

Y'all still spanking?

I mean he is 15 but he got grabbed and swatted earlier...the wife said I should have punched him lol it was more of a reaction followed by verbal lashing

Am I the only hold out? I rarely hear of it anymore

I read none of the rest of the thread so this could be a repeat.

Swatting a 15 YO is OK in my opinion but never a closed fist or any blows to the face. Just bust his hormonal pride down a notch or two.

I busted that azz when they were younger so none of that was needed when mine were older. Both boys have turned out to be fine young men. My daughter, who only ever got one butt swatting from me is a really good girl / young woman but she does have a rebellious nature and a smart mouth. I just ignore her bs now.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: Hudbone] #9032188 04/10/24 10:39 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
The last whack I got was at 15. I was sassing my mom, in my BVDs no less. I confidently whirled around and proceeded back into my room. To this day, I have no idea how that old man snuck up behind me. It was on carpeting. I definitely deserved it. 'Welt on my back side lasted a good week and a half. Yesterday was his birthday. He woulda been 106. 'Miss him every...single...day.  

Originally Posted by Hudbone
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
Yea, I will brag and say my wife and I did a great job being parents.

Some things happen in spite of one self.

This is the internet/social media. Some have never made a mistake, never been wrong...and fought in TWO civil wars. rofl

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #9032195 04/10/24 10:52 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Afterthought edit - Yes, spank your kids when warranted. You want a real discussion topic? Slapping. My mother slapped me on more than one occasion. And yes, again, I deserved it. You slap a kid nowadays and it's almost as bad as misgendering someone.

[Linked Image]

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #9032197 04/10/24 10:54 PM
H
Hirogen Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
H
Every kid is different. Spanking works for some and not for others. Know your kid, know what works, keep your anger in check and act accordingly. Spanking never worked for me - parents tried it many times as did the principal with his strap - as far back i can remember from about 4 years old on it just made me more defiant, more rebellious and more intent on revenge. Last time my old man tried to hit me i was 16 and he was 50. He took a swing at me at the dinner table table - i ducked and he fell out of his chair. While he was down i smashed my dinner plate over his head. I left home never to return after that.

For the record i never laid a finger on any of my kids (2 boys and 2 girls) and they all turned out just fine - can't say i wasn't tempted though - especially where my oldest is concerned. All good now though.

Last edited by Hirogen; 04/10/24 11:08 PM.

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: Creekrunner] #9032203 04/10/24 11:03 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Afterthought edit - Yes, spank your kids when warranted. You want a real discussion topic? Slapping. My mother slapped me on more than one occasion. And yes, again, I deserved it. You slap a kid nowadays and it's almost as bad as misgendering someone.

[Linked Image]

Now we understand... roflmao

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: Creekrunner] #9032204 04/10/24 11:07 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

[Linked Image]

My wife's mom slapped her and she was a good kid.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #9032206 04/10/24 11:10 PM
H
Hirogen Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
H
My maternal grandmother had a bamboo rug beater. She was hell on wheels with that thing and passed the skills to my mother. My two older sisters are 7 and 8 years older than i am - i have very fond memories of the 2 of them actually physically restraining my mother when i was 7 or 8 years old because they were certain my mom was going to beat me to death with that thing. My kids and grandkids have a hard time believing sweet old Oma and Grand Oma (91 years old now) could have ever done such a thing. To her credit she has changed and definitely mellowed since those days. Still a tough old bird though.

Last edited by Hirogen; 04/10/24 11:31 PM.

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #9032210 04/10/24 11:21 PM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Spare the rod and . . . .

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: Hudbone] #9032211 04/10/24 11:34 PM
H
Hirogen Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Spare the rod and . . . .

True for some kids. In my case just made me fight back harder and leave home at a young age. Maybe not a bad thing though as wouldn't be where i am today without some tough lessons and changed me into the big softy that my grand kids love.

Last edited by Hirogen; 04/10/24 11:35 PM.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #9032247 04/11/24 01:13 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
It’s necessary

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #9032248 04/11/24 01:22 AM
H
Huntmaster Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
H
Just name your boy “Sue”

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #9032249 04/11/24 01:23 AM
68rustbucket Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
It’s called being a parent, not you kid’s best friend.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: 10 Gauge] #9032251 04/11/24 01:28 AM
H
Hirogen Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted by 10 Gauge
It’s necessary

Don't disagree that in some cases it is needed. However a blanket statement that it is needed for all kids is wrong. In some cases it does far more harm than good. Know your kids and know what is needed and never act in anger. One size fits all never works. I grew up in that culture and know for a fact spanking me made me far more rebellious and anti-authority and far more intent on revenge and getting even. Spanking made me more violent and more likely to resort to violenece. The more i was spanked the more out of control i got - things only started to calm down after i left home and removed myself from that culture. Pretty sure if i stayed in that culture i would have become a violent piece of &*^%.

Last edited by Hirogen; 04/11/24 01:42 AM.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #9032523 04/11/24 05:30 PM
O
olivia Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
O
deleting this post because I chose to start a new thread with this post instead

Last edited by olivia; 04/11/24 07:04 PM.

15 (almost 16), love to hunt with my aunt and uncle, shop with my mom, and watch college football with my dad. Don't have a lot of girls to talk hunting with at school (haha) so I joined this forum smile
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: olivia] #9032527 04/11/24 05:35 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by olivia
Advice request:

So it's really ironic I participated in this thread a few days ago and now am having to ask for advice on the topic, I guess karma is a witch, but I didn't know where else to ask advice anonymously from adults from a similar background.

I'm 15, typically almost never in any trouble, am super honest (generally) but I did something really stupid on Tuesday and now I don't know what to do about it. The teacher that teaches BOTH my last two class periods of the day is out for maternity leave and we have a substitute who we realized didn't even know how to work the attendance portal, and wasn't taking roll, so my best friend and I skipped out of school early on Tuesday and went to Bass Pro shop. Well, apparently the substitute *did* take roll, and I got assigned a detention on Wednesday, my first detention in 2 years. I panicked because I knew mom wouldn't be happy I got detention, I was worried I might lose my phone for a few days, so I signed her name to the detention slip (i know i know, so stupid), made up a story to tell mom about why i was late to school (I *never* lie to her, it's her biggest rule), served my detention, and thought everything was fine.

But now I see that there is a "notice of detention" on my parents portal tracker as well, and she's going to see it the next time she signs in to the portal (she doesn't check it daily because I'm an A student). I'm toast.

The only thing I can think of is to sign in on her computer and clear the notice, but that seems 1) risky 2) risking being even MORE dishonest, and I hate that I've been dishonest already.

But the thing is lying is one of the 3 automatics mom sends you to get a switch for, like no questions asked. And I lied to her (the cover story) AND forged her signature, theres NO doubt in my mind she'll whoop my rump if she finds out, no matter how she finds out, and I'm nervous to death----total wimp about pain.

Do I go in and clear it? Fess up and hope for the best (but I *know* she'll whoop me)? Hope she just doesn't notice the alert on the portal?

I feel so stupid, both for being dishonest (I legit feel guilty) and for not knowing how detention notifications work at my school (I'm just like never in trouble so I didn't know!)

Advice? Thoughts?

#Nervous

Take your licks and don’t lie to your momma. I have daughters age 14 and 15. We always find out and bad news does not get better with time.

Last edited by 10 Gauge; 04/11/24 05:37 PM.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: 10 Gauge] #9032528 04/11/24 05:38 PM
O
olivia Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
O
Advice request:

Take your licks and don’t lie to your momma. I have daughters age 14 and 15. We always find out and bad news does not get better with time.

I guess on some level I guess I know you are probably right frown. I just am a really good kid, almost never in any trouble, and didn't imagine myself getting another whoopin' frown. But I guess she also didn't imagine me lying to her either frown

Last edited by olivia; 04/11/24 05:50 PM.

15 (almost 16), love to hunt with my aunt and uncle, shop with my mom, and watch college football with my dad. Don't have a lot of girls to talk hunting with at school (haha) so I joined this forum smile
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: Hirogen] #9033243 04/12/24 07:51 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Hirogen
It’s necessary

Don't disagree that in some cases it is needed. However a blanket statement that it is needed for all kids is wrong. In some cases it does far more harm than good. Know your kids and know what is needed and never act in anger. One size fits all never works. I grew up in that culture and know for a fact spanking me made me far more rebellious and anti-authority and far more intent on revenge and getting even. Spanking made me more violent and more likely to resort to violenece. The more i was spanked the more out of control i got - things only started to calm down after i left home and removed myself from that culture. Pretty sure if i stayed in that culture i would have become a violent piece of &*^%.

Wait until you see what happens to kids that never got a whipping in their lives.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: 10 Gauge] #9033471 04/13/24 08:48 AM
GasGuzzler Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Hirogen
It’s necessary

Wait until you see what happens to kids that never got a whipping in their lives.

You'd have to find them ALL and track their behavior to have a point. Please look into the study of statistics.

Pass the gravy.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #9033533 04/13/24 01:57 PM
I
Indianation65 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I
I have not read any of this topic.

Yes, spank with a purpose, draw blood if you have to, and learn how to not leave bruises.

Don't want any do-gooders calling CPS.

The "art" of discipline is almost gone.

...!

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide