Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: Jon] #9029209 04/04/24 04:57 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Jon
Went from 8 mg to 4 mg to 2 mg then back to 4 and now back to 8. I think those damn things are more addictive than Copenhagen. I don't have a good answer, but those nicotine pouches were sure not the answer for me.

That is what I read, as well. That's the reason Altria bought Zyn. They contain more nicotine and they also have wacky flavors that appeal to youth, similar to what Juul did.

Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: Ttomlinson87] #9029289 04/04/24 09:03 PM
#
#Hayraker Offline
Chihuahua
Chihuahua
#
ZYN

dipped snuff from age 12-52. Got on they ZYN and haven't even missed snuff.

#sigline
Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: Ttomlinson87] #9029293 04/04/24 09:09 PM
M
MacDaddy21 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
Rogue pouches are way better than Zyn. I don't understand why people love zyn so much. Rogue pouches have way more flavor.

Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: Ttomlinson87] #9029294 04/04/24 09:15 PM
C
Chubbyfarts Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
C
Quit thinking about it and move on,

Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: Ttomlinson87] #9029314 04/04/24 09:53 PM
270Sendero Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
I quit 5 years ago after 37 years of dipping. I used Jerky snuff for about a month and dropped it too. I found I wasn’t addicted to the nicotine. I was addicted to the habit of having it in my mouth. Good luck to you. You got this

Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: Ttomlinson87] #9029324 04/04/24 10:07 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Ttomlinson87
Been dipping for 10 plus years and it's time. I've been wanting to quit for awhile now... even tried a couple times but failed. If you fellas have any advice for me or some ways to over come this id be eternally grateful.

Few comments here….

* First and foremost, you have to get yourself mentally ready for this. Put your game face on, get mad, get fired up like you are playing in the Super Bowl, you are going to defeat your enemy, there is no stopping you!!! Tell all friend's you are gonna quit, and when you do, that is it, you will never touch the stuff again!!! I want you to make a post on this forum when you quit, we are gonna hold you to it!!

* Secondly, be ready when the urge hits, recognize the enemy coming at you, fight through that urge, that moment…. That is all it is, a moment, an urge you will forget about, and you have defeated that moment. And the urge (moments) will get smaller and less frequent. So day 1 of quitting, that urge may last 5 minutes you have to fight through it before your mind forgets, and you may have these moments several times an hour. But each day the moment will get smaller and smaller, and less moments a day. After a year, you may have 1 moment per month, but no problem, you are an expert at defeating those moments by now, because you have done it a millions times in a row….

Ever watch the movie with Denzel Washington the “Flight”, the alcohol pilot? Watch it before you quit, this will get you prepared. There is a seen where he is doing good quitting, but he is in the hotel room, with those mini bars, he fights through the the moments, but one moment gets him, he said F**k it, and he had a drink.

Don’t say F**k it!!!! I’m gonna write a book, and the name of my book is going to be “Don’t say F**k it!” I quit smoking 30 years ago. I quit dipping 20 years ago. And I quit drinking, 9 months now, not a drop. Don’t say F**k it like Denzel did in the movie, that is the key!!

* Lastly, I will tell you to change your routines that reminds you of dipping. Go on vacation that first week you quit, this will really change your routine, for that first week, which will be the hardest week.

Good luck, you got this!!!!

Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: Ttomlinson87] #9029325 04/04/24 10:11 PM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
I don’t think pictures are the best; spend a few hours in a cancer center like MD Anderson and see some young guys missing a mouth, teeth, jaw and cheek… eating with some type of tube thing. You might be one of the lucky ones that can dip forever, or the others, that some gene went haywire? I wish you the best.

Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: Ttomlinson87] #9029341 04/04/24 10:45 PM
B
Ben Kabisch Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
B
I dipped skoal wintergreen for bout 20 years and tried to quit several times. Joined killthecan.org and signed up to join the quit group. It really helped me to be in a group holding each other accountable and knowing that I wasn't the only one going through the suck. Don't even remember when I quit now, probably 9 years or so ago now...the first 2 weeks was terrible. I used sunflower seeds and gum to get me through and tried to stay away from people because I was very irritable. I was a skeptic of quitting with the group but it really was good for me! Good luck to you!

Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: Ttomlinson87] #9029350 04/04/24 11:04 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Don’t be a quitter!!!!

Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: Ttomlinson87] #9029379 04/04/24 11:59 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Good ol wooden toothpicks. Keep one in your mouth at all times. That's how I quit chewing tobacco 40+ years ago. Still didn't stop me from getting stage 4 throat cancer 25-30 years later.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: Ttomlinson87] #9029444 04/05/24 02:13 AM
T
TxRedhawk Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Had a 13 year relationship with Copenhahen. Nicorette patches and sunflower seeds. But you have to have the mindset that you're going to quit, not going to try to quit. It's more of a mental battle than physical. Burn the ships.

Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: Ttomlinson87] #9029501 04/05/24 10:21 AM
R
RattlesnakeDan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
It's NOT nicotine which is addictive. Nicotine is NOT addictive, (see Harvard nicotine studies 2015) it is the hundreds of chemicals that are approved to be added to the tobacco in the 70's that make tobacco products purposely addicting. Namely pyrazines, cancer causing chemicals that create cravings.
Just a brief education, every cell in your body has nicotine receptors, important for your health, all night shade plants have nicotine from eggplants, potatoes, celery, tomatoes etc... nobody needs a eggplant break in the middle of their day due to their vegetable addiction.
Here is the kicker, if you are a tobacco user the chance you had any cvd symptoms is unlikely because nicotine blocks venoms which is what the cvd is.
I smoked for almost 30 years and asked God for help and and He told me that He died for me and these incumbrances that stand in the way of my relationship with Him. I threw them away and never considered them again which shows that it is a choice.
Same as booze, the Bible is clear that being a drunk is a choice, He says to stop it. Not a physical addiction or a disease, never seen a disease that you have to open the lid and force it into your body, that is a disease of the mind not body.
Stop chewing. It is chemical laced sickness in a can.

Just like Jesus, sometimes you gotta kill some hogs.
Lone Star Mesquite . com
RattleSnake Dan's Shredding Service
Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: RattlesnakeDan] #9029602 04/05/24 02:06 PM
M
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan
It's NOT nicotine which is addictive. Nicotine is NOT addictive, (see Harvard nicotine studies 2015) it is the hundreds of chemicals that are approved to be added to the tobacco in the 70's that make tobacco products purposely addicting. Namely pyrazines, cancer causing chemicals that create cravings.
Just a brief education, every cell in your body has nicotine receptors, important for your health, all night shade plants have nicotine from eggplants, potatoes, celery, tomatoes etc... nobody needs a eggplant break in the middle of their day due to their vegetable addiction.
Here is the kicker, if you are a tobacco user the chance you had any cvd symptoms is unlikely because nicotine blocks venoms which is what the cvd is.
I smoked for almost 30 years and asked God for help and and He told me that He died for me and these incumbrances that stand in the way of my relationship with Him. I threw them away and never considered them again which shows that it is a choice.
Same as booze, the Bible is clear that being a drunk is a choice, He says to stop it. Not a physical addiction or a disease, never seen a disease that you have to open the lid and force it into your body, that is a disease of the mind not body.

Every other source online disagrees with you. Nicotine is addictive. Your reading comprehension is lacking because the 2015 Harvard study you referenced clearly states nicotine is addictive. Stop spreading misinformation, please!

Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: MacDaddy21] #9029607 04/05/24 02:14 PM
G
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
Originally Posted by MacDaddy21

Every other source online disagrees with you. Nicotine is addictive. Your reading comprehension is lacking because the 2015 Harvard study you referenced clearly states nicotine is addictive. Stop spreading misinformation, please!

Rattlesnake Dan strikes again with patently false information! roflmao Of course nicotine is addictive. And of course Harvard never published such nonsense (I just perused the findings from Harvard's findings).

Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: Ttomlinson87] #9029618 04/05/24 02:39 PM
S
Sewer rat Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
S
Quitting everything is certainly best but I believe products like Rogue that are purely nicotine with no tobacco are way better for you. I chewed Levi Garrett from the time I was 14 until about 40 and then I switched to Copenhagen. Now I just use the Rogues (almost a can a day) but I have zero desire for tobacco when using them. Again I am not saying they are great for you like eating an apple but I think they are orders of magnitude safer than regular tobacco. Even take a look at the government warnings on them - Tobacco warns of cancer, gum disease, etc. The only warnings on Rogues is that they are addictive.

Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: Ttomlinson87] #9029632 04/05/24 03:09 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Dipping is just nasty, that should be reason enough to quit.

Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: Gringo Bling] #9029636 04/05/24 03:15 PM
M
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling

Rattlesnake Dan strikes again with patently false information! roflmao Of course nicotine is addictive. And of course Harvard never published such nonsense (I just perused the findings from Harvard's findings).

It's also total nonsense that "every cell in your body has nicotine receptors." The statement about nicotine in eggplants and other veggies is also hilarious as it would require consuming approximately 20 whole eggplants to consume the same amount of nicotine found in one cigarette. I dont know of anyone eating 20 whole eggplants in one meal. While he's free to post whatever he wants, I hope people have enough common sense to recognize that the majority of what he has written in this post is complete nonsense.

Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: MacDaddy21] #9029954 04/06/24 11:23 AM
R
RattlesnakeDan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling

It's also total nonsense that "every cell in your body has nicotine receptors." The statement about nicotine in eggplants and other veggies is also hilarious as it would require consuming approximately 20 whole eggplants to consume the same amount of nicotine found in one cigarette. I dont know of anyone eating 20 whole eggplants in one meal. While he's free to post whatever he wants, I hope people have enough common sense to recognize that the majority of what he has written in this post is complete nonsense.
Ignorance is bliss folks. Die sick and fooled by the lying media. You will find out sooner or later.

Just like Jesus, sometimes you gotta kill some hogs.
Lone Star Mesquite . com
RattleSnake Dan's Shredding Service
Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: Ttomlinson87] #9029958 04/06/24 11:49 AM
M
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
Bless your heart, Dan. There are facts proven by people who have dedicated their lives and careers to conducting research, and there is nonsense spouted by some guy on a hunting forum. I've never claimed nicotine, smoking cigarettes, or chewing tobacco is good for a person. Obviously, cigarettes and chewing tobacco have been PROVEN to be extremely harmful. Nicotine on its own may not be as harmful. But you are purely spreading false information, and I'm going to call you out every time i see you doing it. Nicotine is highly addictive, not every cell in the body has nicotine receptors, and the vegetable thing is just hilarious. Last time I checked, doctors and scientists aren't the lying media. Pretty sure the lying media would tell us things like nicotine is NOT addictive. roflmao

Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: Ttomlinson87] #9029977 04/06/24 01:14 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Nasty AF...especially when DBs leave their spit bottles and cups everywhere. I fired a guy for the chit!

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: Ttomlinson87] #9029987 04/06/24 01:49 PM
V
VigoPark Online Crying
Bird Dog
Online Crying
Bird Dog
V
Good luck, I quit Copenhagen when it hit $2. I quit smoking last year when a pack was $10 when we were in Washington State last year.
If you've tried everything, and I mean everything, to quit the dip...take an empty can and find someone that raises rabbits, fill the can up with rabbit pills. Wanna dip, take a couple of those pills out and put them in your lip. Guaranteed you will not take another dip....

Buck Feto & FJB
Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: The Dude Abides] #9030072 04/06/24 05:17 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
Nasty AF...especially when DBs leave their spit bottles and cups everywhere. I fired a guy for the chit!

That's terrible, he should at least try and hide it. roflmao

I'm lucky I never got fired, and I did try and hide it. Co-workers stared busting me "Wait, huh...is that a dip in your mouth". roflmao

Re: I need help quitting chewing tobacco [Re: RattlesnakeDan] #9030094 04/06/24 06:04 PM
G
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
Ignorance is bliss folks. Die sick and fooled by the lying media. You will find out sooner or later.

One only needs to read a handful of Rattlesnake Dan's forum posts to realize what a fool he is. Biggest conspiracy theorist in this group and he spews patently false information regularly. The "lying media" isn't nearly as bad as the lying moron on a message board.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide