Wanted: Year Round for 4-6 people #9018024 03/11/24 04:54 PM
J
J McCoy Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
J
Good Day THF Family,

My friends and I are looking for a year round lease 2-3.5hrs from Dallas. Year round access, all legal seasons and animals, conservation minded. We are a group of 4-6 people looking to join either an existing lease with others or a solo lease to our group only. We have hunted West, South Central and East Texas in the past and don't have any preference as long as we have year round access.

Want's:

-Some of us have kids, and it would be nice if guests where allowed so we can get our kids or family members outdoors
-We would also like the ability to primative camp (tents)
-Basic Water
-Access To Electric
-Deer, Hog (night hunting)

Would also be nice:

-Lake for fishing
-Waterfowl
-Dove
-Turkey

Open to any and all leads. Looking to find something potentially long term for a family lease.

Thanks

Re: Wanted: Year Round for 4-6 people [Re: J McCoy] #9018029 03/11/24 05:11 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Really nice job of laying out your lease requirements/hopes; best of luck in your "hunt/pursuit"...

Re: Wanted: Year Round for 4-6 people [Re: DQ Kid] #9018092 03/11/24 07:44 PM
J
J McCoy Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
J
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Really nice job of laying out your lease requirements/hopes; best of luck in your "hunt/pursuit"...

Thanks for bumping my post

Re: Wanted: Year Round for 4-6 people [Re: J McCoy] #9018102 03/11/24 08:23 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by J McCoy
Good Day THF Family,

My friends and I are looking for a year round lease 2-3.5hrs from Dallas. Year round access, all legal seasons and animals, conservation minded. We are a group of 4-6 people looking to join either an existing lease with others or a solo lease to our group only. We have hunted West, South Central and East Texas in the past and don't have any preference as long as we have year round access.

Want's:

-Some of us have kids, and it would be nice if guests where allowed so we can get our kids or family members outdoors
-We would also like the ability to primative camp (tents)
-Basic Water
-Access To Electric
-Deer, Hog (night hunting)

Would also be nice:

-Lake for fishing
-Waterfowl
-Dove
-Turkey

Open to any and all leads. Looking to find something potentially long term for a family lease.

Thanks

Sorry, at the top again...

Re: Wanted: Year Round for 4-6 people [Re: J McCoy] #9018200 03/11/24 11:41 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
you laid out what you are looking for very well. To be honest it is a big ask in todays world. I suggest going on www.leasehunter.com and check it everyday. Also suggest going onto Texas Bow hunter every day and check their thread on leases. I also suggest posting your range that you all are willing to pay - good luck to you

You can't fix stupid
Re: Wanted: Year Round for 4-6 people [Re: J McCoy] #9018206 03/11/24 11:50 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
With kids and guests, I see 4-6 people morphing into 12-15. What is your budget, and are you good with one paid membership meaning one game limit per paid member? Someone looking to fill spots on a great lease wouldn't go for a "ya'll come" situation.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Wanted: Year Round for 4-6 people [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9024115 03/24/24 11:57 PM
J
J McCoy Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
J
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
With kids and guests, I see 4-6 people morphing into 12-15. What is your budget, and are you good with one paid membership meaning one game limit per paid member? Someone looking to fill spots on a great lease wouldn't go for a "ya'll come" situation.

I've been on leases before with 8-10 members and rarely ever saw more than 2-4 on site at the same time. Can you expound on one game limit per paid member?

Re: Wanted: Year Round for 4-6 people [Re: J McCoy] #9024133 03/25/24 12:17 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms

I've been on leases before with 8-10 members and rarely ever saw more than 2-4 on site at the same time. Can you expound on one game limit per paid member?

A lot of leases that allow guest make it so that the guest shoot off the paid members allotted tag limit. Basically, if you are in a 5 deer county, a paid member and their guest can only kill 5 deer.

Good luck on your search!

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Wanted: Year Round for 4-6 people [Re: J McCoy] #9024212 03/25/24 09:27 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Your one paid membership is good for one legal limit of game no matter who you bring to kill it. This prevents one paid member from allowing himself, three sons, wife, her sister, your brother-in-law and your next-door neighbor all killing a limit of game as your family and guests. That's an extreme example, but without a rule in effect it happens. Seen it. Our lease is members and their immediate family (school age kids) only, one game limit per member.

Re: Wanted: Year Round for 4-6 people [Re: J McCoy] #9024435 03/25/24 06:22 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I have been leasing our pastures for about 16 years now.

When we had open spots in the past. I post my ad for what is available and cost, game limits, camp arrangements etc.

I have never reached out to posts like these because the responses I get don’t dictate the need to.

This type of post is good to start with when you approach whoever is in charge of a lease that has openings, but they’re not going to contact you from a post like this….. because they don’t have to because of demand.

You have to be checking lease advertisements daily and be very quick to respond and have cash ready to secure the opening or someone else will in a very short time.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Wanted: Year Round for 4-6 people [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9024469 03/25/24 07:20 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

We were on an East Texas lease where the procuring cause of the lease had an open family policy.

Lease cost were split into thirds, two brothers taking a share and a brother in law taking the last share. One brother had two adult girls ( who did not come out ) we had two young teenage boys ( only one would hunted ) and procuring brother had 3 very adult men who would come out, along with some wives. We all got along but it could get a little crowded.

It was fine for late 90’s but that scenario wouldn’t have flown today on most places.

I have zero issues with family and guests within reason but everyone shoots off the members quota.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Wanted: Year Round for 4-6 people [Re: txtrophy85] #9024496 03/25/24 08:31 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by txtrophy85

We were on an East Texas lease where the procuring cause of the lease had an open family policy.

Lease cost were split into thirds, two brothers taking a share and a brother in law taking the last share. One brother had two adult girls ( who did not come out ) we had two young teenage boys ( only one would hunted ) and procuring brother had 3 very adult men who would come out, along with some wives. We all got along but it could get a little crowded.

It was fine for late 90’s but that scenario wouldn’t have flown today on most places.

I have zero issues with family and guests within reason but everyone shoots off the members quota.

That sounds like a real cluster.........
I like our guest policy: no guests. Immediate family only and the cut off for that are members children up to high school age.

Re: Wanted: Year Round for 4-6 people [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9024530 03/25/24 09:34 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by txtrophy85

That sounds like a real cluster.........
I like our guest policy: no guests. Immediate family only and the cut off for that are members children up to high school age.

We allow direct family and they cannot hunt or be on the property without the member being with them. The other option is a member may bring ONE non family member - so it is an either/or option on who the member can bring - direct family or one non family - has worked great for us over the years

You can't fix stupid
Re: Wanted: Year Round for 4-6 people [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #9024563 03/25/24 10:53 PM
J
J McCoy Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
I have been leasing our pastures for about 16 years now.

When we had open spots in the past. I post my ad for what is available and cost, game limits, camp arrangements etc.

I have never reached out to posts like these because the responses I get don’t dictate the need to.

This type of post is good to start with when you approach whoever is in charge of a lease that has openings, but they’re not going to contact you from a post like this….. because they don’t have to because of demand.

You have to be checking lease advertisements daily and be very quick to respond and have cash ready to secure the opening or someone else will in a very short time.

Thanks for the advice. Ive been looking weekly for a while now and have not found a good arrangement as of yet. I was hoping someone might point me the direction of a potential connection or at least open the door to a conversation. There's no free lunch.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide