C
Any public access fishing spots ?

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard [Re: Chubbyfarts] #9023314 03/22/24 08:21 PM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
I see people fishing at Terry Park quite often. Another popular spot is near the dam at the old wooden bridge that burned. It is near Heath. Access from Travis Ranch Blvd. Also off Miller road.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard [Re: Chubbyfarts] #9023324 03/22/24 08:45 PM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
West side John Paul Jones Park. It is north of BPS

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard [Re: Chubbyfarts] #9023328 03/22/24 08:52 PM
C
Chubbyfarts Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
C
Thanks I'm going to BPS tomorrow plan on driving looking and fishing at some places

Last edited by Chubbyfarts; 03/22/24 08:52 PM.
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard [Re: Chubbyfarts] #9023329 03/22/24 08:55 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Ole Gay Hubbard

You can fish off the rocks all you want

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard [Re: Chubbyfarts] #9023330 03/22/24 08:55 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
The whole entire shoreline of Lake Ray Hubbard is public. Do not let residents bully you off of it either. I used to live on Lake Ray Hubbard and even as a resident that pays to lease the easement, you are forbidden to restrict public access. And even as a resident that pays to lease the easement, newcomers to the neighborhood will try to bully you off. I swear it drives me nuts.

The only exceptions would be to use a marina or something, you’re gonna have to pay to play there.

Other than that, It’s yours, enjoy it.

Pick you a spot in a neighborhood and walk the drainage to the shore. Get ready for the bullies though. It wasn’t like that when I was growing up but times have changed.

If you would prefer to avoid the inevitable confrontation by some fool that thinks he owns the easement, get you a pair of waders and park down by the highway 66 bridge and wade your way around the bank.

There used to be a good public access point in Rockwall right off the highway 66 bridge.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard [Re: Chubbyfarts] #9023331 03/22/24 09:06 PM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
The best bank fishing on Hubbard was at Robertson Park in May during the shad spawn. Those days are long gone after Rowlett bought it from Dallas and decided to make a buck by selling out to a developer. They took over a nice park with mature trees and destroyed it. The developer was suppose to keep 1 public ramp open but as far as I know there is now only 1 private ramp.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard [Re: 10 Gauge] #9023337 03/22/24 09:17 PM
M
mohunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted by 10 Gauge
The whole entire shoreline of Lake Ray Hubbard is public. Do not let residents bully you off of it either. I used to live on Lake Ray Hubbard and even as a resident that pays to lease the easement, you are forbidden to restrict public access. And even as a resident that pays to lease the easement, newcomers to the neighborhood will try to bully you off. I swear it drives me nuts.

The only exceptions would be to use a marina or something, you’re gonna have to pay to play there.

Pick you a spot in a neighborhood and walk the drainage to the shore. Get ready for the bullies though. It wasn’t like that when I was growing up but times have changed.

If you would prefer to avoid the inevitable confrontation by some fool that thinks he owns the easement, get you a pair of waders and park down by the highway 66 bridge and wade your way around the bank.

There used to be a good public access point in Rockwall right off the highway 66 bridge.

Are you sure about that? I thought once they started leasing the leaseback to the waters edge you could no longer walk on that land.
Interested to find out how know that’s not the case.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard [Re: Stump_jumper] #9023339 03/22/24 09:19 PM
C
Chubbyfarts Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Stump_jumper
The best bank fishing on Hubbard was at Robertson Park in May during the shad spawn. Those days are long gone after Rowlett bought it from Dallas and decided to make a buck by selling out to a developer. They took over a nice park with mature trees and destroyed it. The developer was suppose to keep 1 public ramp open but as far as I know there is now only 1 private ramp.

That's where I used to go.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard [Re: mohunter] #9023340 03/22/24 09:22 PM
J
Judd Offline
#1 Creedmoor Fan
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by mohunter

Are you sure about that? I thought once they started leasing the leaseback to the waters edge you could no longer walk on that land.

^^^ that was how I understood it too. I don't blame those people, I wouldn't want some rando walking through my backyard fishing.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard [Re: Chubbyfarts] #9023374 03/22/24 11:47 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Your best bet for bank fishing right now if you actually want to catch something is to fish the creeks for spawning Sandbass. The problem is the creeks got blown out by all the rain yesterday and probably wont be good again until sunday or monday.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard [Re: Chubbyfarts] #9023375 03/22/24 11:52 PM
P
Poppa Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P
there is a place off of scenic drive outta heath that is public access even has small sign on scenic in front of it. when the wind is right, early in the morning sandbass and hybrids run that shore line eating shad. i think its marked on some maps.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard [Re: Judd] #9023406 03/23/24 01:06 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Judd
Originally Posted by mohunter

^^^ that was how I understood it too. I don't blame those people, I wouldn't want some rando walking through my backyard fishing.

I lived on Lake Ray Hubbard from ‘93-‘99, and my mother still owns that house. It would not be your back yard if you lived on Lake Ray Hubbard. Your back yard ends about 50-100 yards, if not more, from the water’s edge. There may be some closer, but regardless, that’s the easement and you can’t fence it or prevent people from accessing it.

I can’t remember the exact year, but I remember when they began to allow waterfront home owners to lease the portion behind their homes, and the chaos that ensued. As soon as people leased those parcels some completely forgot or disregarded the terms.

By that, I mean they were not chasing off vagrants and random weirdos. Let’s just say you got to see someone’s true colors.

You can build on it with a permit if you pay the lease, and people can’t mess with the things you build, but the ground and the water are not yours. Lake Ray Hubbard exists because of and is paid for by your tax dollars.

I know Texas is a private land state and this is a hard concept for some to grasp. But you can’t buy Lake Ray Hubbard.

Last edited by 10 Gauge; 03/23/24 01:53 AM.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard [Re: Chubbyfarts] #9023410 03/23/24 01:24 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
You can’t even fence it. But nearly every access point down there has private property or no trespassing signs, no fishing signs, etc. The signs are illegal, not the fishing. If they could fence it they would. They are prohibited from restricting access to the lake or the easement. But you better not step foot in anybody’s yard.

There are a couple gates down there in some places these days where they did not used to be. Last time I fished behind my mom’s house I had to bypass a gate with something like “do not enter” or etc to pull my truck onto the green belt because my mom’s gate was blocked off. I was approached by two different people, harassed, told it was private.

I just told them to call the cops, I grew up here and I know the law. One pressed me and I pointed to my mom’s house.

I completely understand why you might chase off a vagrant but they are out of control down there.

I really wish they would have either a. Never leased it at all, or B. Just let people buy/own it. Sure would prevent a lot of BS.

Last edited by 10 Gauge; 03/23/24 01:58 AM.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard [Re: Chubbyfarts] #9023418 03/23/24 02:03 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
To be completely honest it disgusts me. When i was a young teenager down there I’d go fishing, people would take you under their wing and teach you. I learned about the sand bass run, how to throw a net for shad, what to fish with and where from total strangers, just wanted to see a kid smile and catch fish. Some of those people are downright hateful these days and it makes me sad.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard [Re: Chubbyfarts] #9023431 03/23/24 02:44 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Park here

Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/SVLo5TQmGPNsJrSLA?g_st=ic

Fish where you want

Last edited by 10 Gauge; 03/23/24 02:44 AM.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard [Re: Chubbyfarts] #9023432 03/23/24 02:44 AM
J
Judd Offline
#1 Creedmoor Fan
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
https://www.garlandtx.gov/DocumentC...ict-and-Development-Standards-PDF?bidId=

Good reading material…they can fence, start at page 10. There is a required easement but not for public usage.

There is more on page 48.

https://www.rockwall.com/documents/BI/ResidentialSubleaseAgreement.pdf

Page 8 section H talks about fences need approved, does not say prohibited. Section I talks about who has ingress/egress.

That’s way more of my time than I want to give this but your info is dated 10ga…thank my wife, I was waiting on her to get ready wink

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard [Re: Judd] #9023433 03/23/24 02:45 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Judd
https://www.garlandtx.gov/DocumentC...ict-and-Development-Standards-PDF?bidId=

Good reading material…they can fence, start at page 10. There is a required easement but not for public usage.

There is more on page 48.

https://www.rockwall.com/documents/BI/ResidentialSubleaseAgreement.pdf

Page 8 section H talks about fences need approved, does not say prohibited. Section I talks about who has ingress/egress.

That’s way more of my time than I want to give this but your info is dated 10ga…thank my wife, I was waiting on her to get ready wink

Well it has been awhile, I must admit. I have no desire to go back. But what I have posted is based on Rowlett, i suppose it may be different in Rockwall or Garland. Or it may have changed.

Last edited by 10 Gauge; 03/23/24 02:47 AM.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard [Re: Chubbyfarts] #9023496 03/23/24 01:00 PM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Chubbyfarts
Originally Posted by Stump_jumper

That's where I used to go.

I fish off there in my boat at times. Will never forget the Orientals with their 10' surf rods chunking baits that were almost landing in my boat.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide