Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: GPS] #9021618 03/19/24 12:25 PM
S
Sewer rat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
I have heard nothing but good things about davidsw both on the buying and selling side. You can send them pictures and details and they will give you an offer on your watch if you want to sell and they typically have a large inventory for sale. If I were buying or selling they would be my first place to go.

Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: Mickey Moose] #9021619 03/19/24 12:29 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Mickey Moose
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Looking for one for the wife, but no new inventory anywhere.

Ladies models are not hard to find like mens. Bachendorf's at Addison Galleria had several about two months back and at Highland Park Village they had one maybe two or three weeks ago.

Appreciate it, nothing at all down here.

Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: S.A. hunter] #9021668 03/19/24 02:14 PM
Z
Ziggybock Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Z

Ladies models are not hard to find like mens. Bachendorf's at Addison Galleria had several about two months back and at Highland Park Village they had one maybe two or three weeks ago.

Did you try Broadway Watches? It is where I get my Rolex serviced, the owner is a Rolex certified master watchmaker. They had Rolex's in-stock when I was there last Fall. Not sure on their inventory currently, but it would be worth checking out.

-Z

Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: Ziggybock] #9021686 03/19/24 02:37 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Ziggybock

Did you try Broadway Watches? It is where I get my Rolex serviced, the owner is a Rolex certified master watchmaker. They had Rolex's in-stock when I was there last Fall. Not sure on their inventory currently, but it would be worth checking out.

-Z

I'll try it. We usually drop by Lee Michael's when in LA Cantera

Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: GPS] #9021738 03/19/24 04:11 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I remember dochorton being a big rolex fan. I figured he would chime in but then I realized he hasnt been active in awhile. I always liked him-anybody know how hes doing?

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: freerange] #9021778 03/19/24 05:46 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by freerange
I remember dochorton being a big rolex fan. I figured he would chime in but then I realized he hasnt been active in awhile. I always liked him-anybody know how hes doing?

He's playing with what all he bought with his PPP $.

Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: Superduty] #9021784 03/19/24 05:59 PM
C
Chopped54 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by Superduty
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Off interweb,

While there is no fixed rule for determining the value decrease of a Rolex watch without its box and papers, many experts estimate a 10% to 30% reduction in resale value. The exact percentage may vary depending on the model, condition, and market demand.Apr 28, 2023

Sure, whatever you say.

[Linked Image]

That entire set is fake

Wealth is of the heart and mind and not of the pocket
Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: GPS] #9021786 03/19/24 06:01 PM
C
Chopped54 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by GPS
I'm looking for someone who is knowledge with Rolex watches. We are trying to determine the fair market value for a Rolex watch that belongs to MIL. My MIL has downsized and moved into a senior living community and as part of her move she is having an estate sale. Her father had a Rolex that she now has but no longer wants and her 3 daughters don't want it either. We know for a fact that it is a Rolex, it's been looked at a certified.

The jeweler that looked at gave my MIL an offer for the watch, but several of us feel that it was a really low ball offer. So, I'm looking for some help to determine the FMV for the watch. Please let me know if you can help or know of anyone that could help.

Thanks

Like someone had posted earlier, if you want to just get a fair price send pics to DavidSw. https://davidsw.com/sell-your-watch/

And yes, depending on reference you will lose a little value with no box or papers, typically $300-$500

Reflected in sales price as well- [Linked Image]

Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: GPS] #9021792 03/19/24 06:13 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Awe hell

<-- goes to dig his boxes back out of the trash bang

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: Chopped54] #9021797 03/19/24 06:25 PM
Superduty Online Content
"The Regulator"
Online Content
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted by Chopped54
Originally Posted by GPS
I'm looking for someone who is knowledge with Rolex watches. We are trying to determine the fair market value for a Rolex watch that belongs to MIL. My MIL has downsized and moved into a senior living community and as part of her move she is having an estate sale. Her father had a Rolex that she now has but no longer wants and her 3 daughters don't want it either. We know for a fact that it is a Rolex, it's been looked at a certified.

The jeweler that looked at gave my MIL an offer for the watch, but several of us feel that it was a really low ball offer. So, I'm looking for some help to determine the FMV for the watch. Please let me know if you can help or know of anyone that could help.

Thanks

Like someone had posted earlier, if you want to just get a fair price send pics to DavidSw. https://davidsw.com/sell-your-watch/

And yes, depending on reference you will lose a little value with no box or papers, typically $300-$500

Come on…some models are different manuf. dates and scratched,…worn etc. The above cannot be compared as equals.

Either way my whole point is box and papers bring little to no value, ESPECIALLY if you were to sell back to a Gray dealer.

Also chopped the boxes are not model anymore specific (hence no added value), The AD’s will just grab any box from the back when you make your purchase.

But then again I don’t buy fake Sea Dwellers.
bolt

Last edited by Superduty; 03/19/24 06:29 PM.

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: Superduty] #9021812 03/19/24 06:39 PM
C
Chopped54 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by GPS

Thanks

Come on…some models are different manuf. dates and scratched,…worn etc. The above cannot be compared as equals.

Either way my whole point is box and papers bring little to no value, ESPECIALLY if you were to sell back to a Gray dealer.

Also chopped the boxes are not model anymore specific (hence no added value), The AD’s will just grab any box from the back when you make your purchase.

bolt

Of course it can be used for reference when it is consistent across the board and the condition is listed the same. I used C&C for reference because I know that is where you bought yours from.
And b&p 100% add value back ESPECIALLY when selling to a grey dealer. Just get a quote on a naked vs complete set.

And there are still specific boxes for each reference, medium/large/extra large, but yes they just grab a box from the back. The watches do not ship in a presentation box, they ship in "coffins"

And what was the dig at the fake Sea Dweller?

Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: Chopped54] #9021815 03/19/24 06:42 PM
Superduty Online Content
"The Regulator"
Online Content
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted by GPS

Thanks

bolt

Of course it can be used for reference when it is consistent across the board and the condition is listed the same. I used C&C for reference because I know that is where you bought yours from.
And b&p 100% add value back ESPECIALLY when selling to a grey dealer.

C&C is on point. But let’s just agree to disagree on the value added, especially on selling to gray, again unless under warranty then that’s a different ball game. It sure as heck not 10-20 % higher like a member said here.

Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: Superduty] #9021817 03/19/24 06:45 PM
C
Chopped54 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C

C&C is on point. But let’s just agree to disagree on the value added, especially on selling to gray, again unless under warranty then that’s a different ball game. It sure as heck not 10-20 % higher like a member said here.

I will concede and say for ME, I dont care about box and papers as much as getting the watch at a better deal.

Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: GPS] #9021825 03/19/24 06:56 PM
Superduty Online Content
"The Regulator"
Online Content
"The Regulator"
up

Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: GPS] #9021827 03/19/24 06:57 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Wish i could afford a Rolex

Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: Hudbone] #9021832 03/19/24 07:00 PM
Superduty Online Content
"The Regulator"
Online Content
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted by Hudbone

rofl

Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: GPS] #9021850 03/19/24 07:36 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Hey, you guys belong in a Louis Vuitton store arguing about your purses....

Seriously, if you own a 15,000 dollar watch and are worried about a box that adds 500 dollars value to it, then I think you missed the boat. The value in owning a Rolex is in the brand recognition and the "I don't care how much it cost me", because it surely isn't in the actual value of the timepiece.

Nickel and diming (its 3% of the value folks) on a 15,000 piece of timekeeping. Talk about some rich stuff in this thread

Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: GPS] #9021857 03/19/24 07:44 PM
B
batman Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
For everyday or some what regular wearing of a Rolex, a quality fake makes perfect sense.

Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: batman] #9021864 03/19/24 07:57 PM
C
Chopped54 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Hey, you guys belong in a Louis Vuitton store arguing about your purses....

Seriously, if you own a 15,000 dollar watch and are worried about a box that adds 500 dollars value to it, then I think you missed the boat. The value in owning a Rolex is in the brand recognition and the "I don't care how much it cost me", because it surely isn't in the actual value of the timepiece.

Nickel and diming (its 3% of the value folks) on a 15,000 piece of timekeeping. Talk about some rich stuff in this thread

Would you turn down a 3% ROI with little to no effort? And the times I have bought a watch without a complete set I saved a lot more than 3%

Originally Posted by batman
For everyday or some what regular wearing of a Rolex, a quality fake makes perfect sense.

Perfect sense to who? Fakes never make sense, EVER.....

Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: Hudbone] #9021870 03/19/24 08:18 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J

If only the ins company would pass along some of that profit...

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: Judd] #9021926 03/19/24 09:54 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by Judd

If only the ins company would pass along some of that profit...

Right - share cropping here.

Last edited by Hudbone; 03/19/24 09:54 PM.
Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: GPS] #9021953 03/19/24 11:21 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I wish I could afford a Rolex so i could use that money to buy corn.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: GPS] #9021961 03/19/24 11:35 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I think you need to post pictures and raffle it off to THF. Gotta live stream drawing.

Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: Texas buckeye] #9022071 03/20/24 04:38 AM
M
Mickey Moose Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Hey, you guys belong in a Louis Vuitton store arguing about your purses backpacks...

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: Rolex expert needed [Re: batman] #9022072 03/20/24 04:42 AM
M
Mickey Moose Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by batman

Nope. No fakes. Only the real McCoy. Product doesn't matter. But, as it pertains to Rolex, a lot of fakes come from China. Do you support China?

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide