Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: unclebubba] #9021288 03/18/24 09:40 PM
W
wp75169 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
I assure you, you nor anyone on here has ever hurt my feelings.

Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: 10 Gauge] #9021290 03/18/24 09:41 PM
68A Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by 10 Gauge
It’s good for more than 5k rounds lemme tell ya. And i ran a SCAR at one point… I will take an M4 over a SCAR any day.

The last thing you are thinking about in a tic, is will my reciprocating charging handle whack whatever I am trying to use to hold it steady.

Agree on your first sentence. Some people "heard from a friend" or read on the internet, without first hand experience. I am not saying they dont experience failures, but more often than not its user error. Probably why SPORTS was developed, for people that limp wrist a mag.

Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: wp75169] #9021293 03/18/24 09:46 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by wp75169
I don’t think I attacked your character at all.

Well when you single me out and call me out on changing my handle, out of all the people in this thread that have changed theirs, it says alot. I had a dang good reason to change it, too.

What does a Tikka honestly do better than a Winchester model 70 or a Ruger Hawkeye besides come available in a cheap plastic stock. Short bolt throw… ok.

Browning.
Winchester.
Ruger.

I bet there are others with the shorter bolt throw.

If you are trying to build a target rig on a budget, for Tikka money you can get a Bergara for less with Remington 700 footprint. Sporter barrel has to go anyway it will get hot.

7mm-08 for one gun target and hunting… ok, hand loading? You are probably shooting more than one rifle.

Have a good day sir and flame on!

Last edited by 10 Gauge; 03/18/24 09:47 PM.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: unclebubba] #9021295 03/18/24 09:49 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
What was your previous handle?

[Linked Image]

Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: RJH1] #9021297 03/18/24 09:51 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted by RJH1
Originally Posted by patriot07
I don't know, probably a Glock. They're damn good guns and when they came out it was nice that they were reliable out of the box as a lot of guns were not, but time has passed and there's a ton of guns that work great right out of the box that have more features and a better trigger etc then a Glock.

Maybe a sig 320 as well. Biggest turds out of the box today, but the military adopted them so people think they're great. Military should have adopted Glocks. I know that sounds a little contradictory since I said a Glock was overrated, but they do tend to work, not blow up, etc

One other thing that's overrated in the gun world is modularity. It's nice to be able to set something up how you want, but then after that most people leave it alone till they die. Might as well just have a couple of different models of guns and buy the one that's best for you and not make compromises

Also I'll give another vote for Taurus judge, I don't understand why anybody has bought one of them ever. But a sucker is born every minute 🤣🤣

Originally Posted by unclebubba
I know this thread has probably been done before, but I didn't find one when I searched, so I'm guessing it hasn't been done in a while. So, here's the question. What firearm do you feel is the most overrated firearm out there?

I'll go first. The first one that comes to mind is the Taurus Judge. Shotgun round out of a rifled pistol barrel is useless as tits on a boar hog. Shot spreads too quickly and is inefficient for a self defense round. .45 I would say would be a good defensive round, but in a Judge, the extra long cylinder required for the .410 shell is going to leave a lot of bullet jump before the throat, and that can't be good. You'd be better off with a .45 colt revolver in a Double action revolver (or a plethora of other choices)

2nd is a Remington 788. They have a reputation for being very accurate, and that reputation has been elevated above the gun's real accuracy IMO. Yes, they are very accurate for what they were (a budget rifle from the 70's and 80's), but Not amazing accuracy. Most of today's budget rifles are very accurate too. Don't get me wrong, I own, Love, and use my 788. And it is accurate. I just think the reputation has exceeded the rifle.

I use a Taurus judge. It's my carry gun in my side by side. Not uncommon to see snakes on the trails on my land. What else is easy to carry/grab quickly and gives me an excellent chance to hit/kill/disable a snake of any size at close range?

410 Snake charmer, sawed-off 20 or 12 gauge, any normal revolver with rat shot. Or a hoe or shovel 🤣🤣

Or even a short 12 gauge that happened to have sights on it. Then you could drop a slug again in case you saw a pig you wanted to shoot at, assuming you have pigs at your place

Which of those fit in the glove box on my side by side?

I don't have pigs or want any kind of long gun that's exposed to weather.

Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: blkt2] #9021299 03/18/24 09:53 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
Anything Taurus

I have a model 85 revolver, two 24/7 pistols, I've had a PT-92 and a couple others over the years. I also have Colts, S&W, Ruger, Springfield, Sig, Glock, etc. Of all of them, my Colt, Sig, and Taurus guns have been the most trouble free. And the Taurus cost significantly less than the Sigs or the Colts.

Originally Posted by blkt2

Published data from Crane after they tweaked the rifles for enhanced reliability. Colt came up with similar numbers.

Link?

Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: patriot07] #9021302 03/18/24 09:57 PM
R
RJH1 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
I don't know, probably a Glock. They're damn good guns and when they came out it was nice that they were reliable out of the box as a lot of guns were not, but time has passed and there's a ton of guns that work great right out of the box that have more features and a better trigger etc then a Glock.

Maybe a sig 320 as well. Biggest turds out of the box today, but the military adopted them so people think they're great. Military should have adopted Glocks. I know that sounds a little contradictory since I said a Glock was overrated, but they do tend to work, not blow up, etc

One other thing that's overrated in the gun world is modularity. It's nice to be able to set something up how you want, but then after that most people leave it alone till they die. Might as well just have a couple of different models of guns and buy the one that's best for you and not make compromises

Also I'll give another vote for Taurus judge, I don't understand why anybody has bought one of them ever. But a sucker is born every minute 🤣🤣

Originally Posted by unclebubba
I know this thread has probably been done before, but I didn't find one when I searched, so I'm guessing it hasn't been done in a while. So, here's the question. What firearm do you feel is the most overrated firearm out there?

I'll go first. The first one that comes to mind is the Taurus Judge. Shotgun round out of a rifled pistol barrel is useless as tits on a boar hog. Shot spreads too quickly and is inefficient for a self defense round. .45 I would say would be a good defensive round, but in a Judge, the extra long cylinder required for the .410 shell is going to leave a lot of bullet jump before the throat, and that can't be good. You'd be better off with a .45 colt revolver in a Double action revolver (or a plethora of other choices)

2nd is a Remington 788. They have a reputation for being very accurate, and that reputation has been elevated above the gun's real accuracy IMO. Yes, they are very accurate for what they were (a budget rifle from the 70's and 80's), but Not amazing accuracy. Most of today's budget rifles are very accurate too. Don't get me wrong, I own, Love, and use my 788. And it is accurate. I just think the reputation has exceeded the rifle.

I use a Taurus judge. It's my carry gun in my side by side. Not uncommon to see snakes on the trails on my land. What else is easy to carry/grab quickly and gives me an excellent chance to hit/kill/disable a snake of any size at close range?

410 Snake charmer, sawed-off 20 or 12 gauge, any normal revolver with rat shot. Or a hoe or shovel 🤣🤣

Or even a short 12 gauge that happened to have sights on it. Then you could drop a slug again in case you saw a pig you wanted to shoot at, assuming you have pigs at your place

Which of those fit in the glove box on my side by side?

I don't have pigs or want any kind of long gun that's exposed to weather.

Any normal revolver with rat shot would fit in the glove box. And it would even be more compact than a judge if you wanted it to be. I've killed more than one snake with rat shot out of a 22 pistol, so something like a 357 or a 44 would be even better then the 22. Glad to hear you don't have any pigs

Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: 10 Gauge] #9021303 03/18/24 09:58 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Well when you single me out and call me out on changing my handle, out of all the people in this thread that have changed theirs, it says alot. I had a dang good reason to change it, too.

What does a Tikka honestly do better than a Winchester model 70 or a Ruger Hawkeye besides come available in a cheap plastic stock. Short bolt throw… ok.

Browning.
Winchester.
Ruger.

If you are trying to build a target rig on a budget, for Tikka money you can get a Bergara for less with Remington 700 footprint. Sporter barrel has to go anyway it will get hot.

7mm-08 for one gun target and hunting… ok, hand loading? You are probably shooting more than one rifle.

Who in this thread has changed their screen name besides yourself?

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: unclebubba] #9021324 03/18/24 10:14 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Welp since we are making the thread about me and my handles I was regularguy11B and laid over. regularguy11B comes from my time in the Army, I changed it to laid over when i started driving a truck. Which is a reference to being laid over at a customer or for your 34 he break, it is a trucking thing.

Then I changed it to my full name with middle initial because a few people accused me of trying to hide who I am. Who I am is someone that came in here asking questions as a new deer hunter and mentioned something about how I wanted to tag out. Oh my Lord, have mercy if you say that on this forum it’s worse than anything else you could possibly post, you can talk about adultery and all kinds of hi-jinx on here but if you tell someone you want to tag out, you might as well hang it up forever because they will hold a grudge. Don’t matter if you are new and know nothing about deer management.

Welp after I got flamed good and proper i just made a night out of getting drunk and S*** posting in the thread. Turned into a few days worth. And some of these people have literally held a grudge against me for that for years.

Well now it is no longer my full name. I changes it to this because i posted some things about my lovely grandmother who passed away, and a few details about relatives and first names and somebody with very poor taste decided to mock me for it in a new thread and the dogs piled on. Ok fine i better change my handle. Welp 10 Gauge sounds cool. Awesome.

Didn’t change much because when you google my whole name the details and people I am trying to protect pops up in the first couple of results.

I will not change that thread. I love it and re-read it over and over. My grandma was my sunshine ❤️

So there is the whole story good grief. If ya hate me that much then block my posts, or flame on. Can we get back on topic now?

Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9021327 03/18/24 10:16 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson

Browning.
Winchester.
Ruger.

rolyat.nosaj for starters, i bought a rifle from him if i recall. Which i traded redman for a pistol. Back when i lived in texas.

There are others, well respected and well recieved forum members.

Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: unclebubba] #9021336 03/18/24 10:21 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Also i have never ripped anybody off. Now that we got that out of the way can we move forward.

Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: wp75169] #9021338 03/18/24 10:23 PM
J
Judd Offline
#1 Creedmoor Fan
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
I assure you, you nor anyone on here has ever hurt my feelings.

Challenge accepted nuts

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: unclebubba] #9021342 03/18/24 10:27 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Oh and also I was flamed for disparaging comments i had made about hunting high fence and wanting to spot and stalk, which my opinions have flipped 180 degrees now that I know something about deer hunting. That was literally years ago. I have learned a lot on this forum and don’t regret one minute of it. Now, back to the subject at hand…

Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: 10 Gauge] #9021345 03/18/24 10:29 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Browning.
Winchester.
Ruger.

rolyat.nosaj for starters, i bought a rifle from him if i recall. Which i traded redman for a pistol. Back when i lived in texas.

There are others, well respected and well recieved forum members.

He’s not in this thread. Who else in this thread besides yourself has changed their screen name?

Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: unclebubba] #9021351 03/18/24 10:42 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Heck if i know but i bet i am not the only one. It does not matter. I am one of the most open and honest people you’ll meet and unfortunately it comes with a heaping helping of overshare. I feel like i have explained myself enough and more than i should have. So unless i hurt your feelings in the 7mm-08 club or the tikka club it is time to move on.

Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: unclebubba] #9021359 03/18/24 10:47 PM
B
bobcat1 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
popcorn

Bobby Barnett

Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: 10 Gauge] #9021360 03/18/24 10:48 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Heck if i know but i bet i am not the only one. It does not matter. I am one of the most open and honest people you’ll meet and unfortunately it comes with a heaping helping of overshare. I feel like i have explained myself enough and more than i should have. So unless i hurt your feelings in the 7mm-08 club or the tikka club it is time to move on.

So you just pulled that claim out of your xxx like most everything you post. Thanks for clarifying.

Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9021363 03/18/24 10:50 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker

So you just pulled that claim out of your xxx like most everything you post. Thanks for clarifying.

Look I knew there would be a dirty nasty troll just eager as heck to spotlight me for my name change. It says a lot. I feel sorry for you.

Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: unclebubba] #9021365 03/18/24 10:52 PM
T
Tactical Cowboy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Sig 320

The secret to a long life is to try not to shorten it.
Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: 10 Gauge] #9021369 03/18/24 10:56 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Look I knew there would be a dirty nasty troll just eager as heck to spotlight me for my name change. It says a lot. I feel sorry for you.

Change your name all you want, who cares. I’m not the one that called you out for it. You claimed that others on this thread had as well. You made that up. Own it.

Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: 68A] #9021375 03/18/24 11:05 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by 68A
It’s good for more than 5k rounds lemme tell ya. And i ran a SCAR at one point… I will take an M4 over a SCAR any day.

The last thing you are thinking about in a tic, is will my reciprocating charging handle whack whatever I am trying to use to hold it steady.

Agree on your first sentence. Some people "heard from a friend" or read on the internet, without first hand experience. I am not saying they dont experience failures, but more often than not its user error. Probably why SPORTS was developed, for people that limp wrist a mag.

All i can tell you is the M4 is a great rifle. But 5.56 is not great at distance. It’s just not scary enough to keep their heads down, dudes literally look like they are fanning flies.

Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: unclebubba] #9021376 03/18/24 11:06 PM
D
DUKFVR Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
D
Anything Benelli, but especially the sbe3

Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: 10 Gauge] #9021378 03/18/24 11:07 PM
W
wp75169 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W

Now. If you think I was trolling you, you need to be medicated, or less so. Anyone on this forum that has ever changed their name has been “called out”. It’s always a conversation.

And there is one on this thread as you say. Probably more. I assure you there was a wtf dude conversation then too. It’s all light hearted.

Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9021381 03/18/24 11:09 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker

Change your name all you want, who cares. I’m not the one that called you out for it. You claimed that others on this thread had as well. You made that up. Own it.

I didn’t make it up. I might have seen him in another thread i thought it was this one. You’re just mad because i freaking nailed it, and you still hold a grudge against me. Your best comeback is to pile on against me with WP for changing my name. Hoping in your heart of hearts to catch me in a lie.

You’re a pathetic troll.

Re: Most Over Rated firearm [Re: wp75169] #9021383 03/18/24 11:12 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker

Now. If you think I was trolling you, you need to be medicated, or less so. Anyone on this forum that has ever changed their name has been “called out”. It’s always a conversation.

And there is one on this thread as you say. Probably more. I assure you there was a wtf dude conversation then too. It’s all light hearted.

Well from you I will take it. I assumed you and others had seen what led up to it.

Only smith and wesson, he did see what led to my name change and if i recall correctly was a parrticipant. He also accused me of stolen valor in the past.

Keep it up onlysmithandwesson. You’re onlyatroll

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide