Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Home owners insurance #9020906 03/18/24 09:17 AM
B
Bandit 200 XP Online Content OP
Tracker
OP Online Content
Tracker
B
Need to find something cheaper , Germania just keeps going up .

Re: Home owners insurance [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #9020907 03/18/24 09:36 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Hochheim Prairie Farm Mutual Is who I have and I couldn’t be happier with the premiums.

Re: Home owners insurance [Re: ntxtrapper] #9020914 03/18/24 10:08 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Hochheim Prairie Farm Mutual Is who I have and I couldn’t be happier with the premiums.

have you received your renewal yet for this year? If you have how much did it increase? Seems to be going up substantially with all carriers

You can't fix stupid
Re: Home owners insurance [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #9020916 03/18/24 10:25 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Bandit 200 XP

They used to be and may still be very good, they were one of the last offering both a HOA and HOB policies in Texas

Back when I dealt with them and it's been a few years, they were pretty good to deal with.

Can you get USAA insurance, to me they are top of pack and nobody is on their level for not only HomeOwners and taking care of their customers, but they have great customer service.

Re: Home owners insurance [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #9020924 03/18/24 11:10 AM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
They all keep going up, some by small increments but most likely very steep amounts. Unless you are lowering coverages then you can expect rate increases across the board. Insurance companies are no longer in the business to give money back or discounts. Taxes, insurance & death! YMMV, Good Luck!

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Home owners insurance [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #9020946 03/18/24 12:12 PM
T
Texas Dan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Thank your neighbors and the roofers they partner with to get a new roof whenever there's a report of hail falling 50 miles away.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 03/18/24 01:12 PM.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Home owners insurance [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #9020949 03/18/24 12:16 PM
N
NDN98 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I shopped around last fall when I got my new premiums and found out my current policy was still the best value, despite the fact it has more than doubled in the last 3 years.

Re: Home owners insurance [Re: RedRanger] #9020958 03/18/24 12:46 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by RedRanger

They used to be and may still be very good, they were one of the last offering both a HOA and HOB policies in Texas

Back when I dealt with them and it's been a few years, they were pretty good to deal with.

Can you get USAA insurance, to me they are top of pack and nobody is on their level for not only HomeOwners and taking care of their customers, but they have great customer service.

USAA lost their way. CS and premiums is no where close to what it use to be.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Home owners insurance [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #9020984 03/18/24 01:55 PM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Replacement value placed on my home is insane. It's more than I could sell my entire property for. It's more than twice what it would cost me to have it built ground up.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: Home owners insurance [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #9021001 03/18/24 02:07 PM
J
jakebunch Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
J
With the hail storm that came through last Thursday in the DFW area expected to cost insurors over one billion dollars, is unlikely that premiums will go down in the next year. If these storms continue to cause huge losses to insurors, the cost of insurance will not be the issue-availability will shrink. Insurance companies are like Exxon, Apple, etc., they have to make a reasonable profit. At some point the premium necessary to cover the losses may not be available in the market place which will cause withdrawal from the homeowners market. Insurance companies are not like a utility company providing necessary services like electricity or water. If the price of oil goes up, the price of gasoline goes up to cover the increased cost. As insurance losses increase, premiums increase to cover the losses. I expect more insurors to inplement a 2% deductible for hail losses going foward.

Re: Home owners insurance [Re: jakebunch] #9021022 03/18/24 02:52 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by jakebunch
With the hail storm that came through last Thursday in the DFW area expected to cost insurors over one billion dollars, is unlikely that premiums will go down in the next year. If these storms continue to cause huge losses to insurors, the cost of insurance will not be the issue-availability will shrink. Insurance companies are like Exxon, Apple, etc., they have to make a reasonable profit. At some point the premium necessary to cover the losses may not be available in the market place which will cause withdrawal from the homeowners market. Insurance companies are not like a utility company providing necessary services like electricity or water. If the price of oil goes up, the price of gasoline goes up to cover the increased cost. As insurance losses increase, premiums increase to cover the losses. I expect more insurors to inplement a 2% deductible for hail losses going foward.

DFW is a HUGE problem for insurers. With some, you will see 3% wind/hail deductibles. Some won't particpate at all.

Re: Home owners insurance [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #9021036 03/18/24 03:20 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
I have filed two claims in my life on my HomeOwners.

First one was my Irving house they gave me a check for my roof replacement, comb out some fins on my Air conditoner condenosor and they paid for a aluminum patio cover. I just pocketed the total check and when I decided to sell my house a few years later, I found a roofing sub company on Craigslist and I went to HOme Depot and had them to deliver the shingles to my house and I paid like $3K to get shingles put on, I came out smelling like a rose.

About 7 years ago in my Frisco house, I got a new roof Class 4 shingles, Stained my wood fence, New gutters, fixed some window seals, didn't cost me a dime and back then the roofer was able to eat your deductable, I came out of that smelling like a rose.

I would say over the the last 30 plus years, I have broke even.

To me insurance is cheap for what they offer and pay.

Re: Home owners insurance [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9021152 03/18/24 05:56 PM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by RedRanger

USAA lost their way. CS and premiums is no where close to what it use to be.

I'm still getting great service from them in both banking and auto. However, while the following info might be dated, I never had much luck insuring my house with them. They were very picky at the time and would only underwrite for houses less than 2 years old. I also tried to insure my shop at the ranchito with them and they just weren't competitive. In any case, they're still working very well for me.

[Linked Image]
Re: Home owners insurance [Re: tlk] #9021177 03/18/24 06:28 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by tlk

have you received your renewal yet for this year? If you have how much did it increase? Seems to be going up substantially with all carriers

8% increase but I’m nowhere near the metroplex. The companies will snap it off in you if you live there. They will tell you the rates are higher because of weather but they just know people there have a lot of money and are conditioned to paying a lot. That’s my experience with them.

Re: Home owners insurance [Re: ntxtrapper] #9021191 03/18/24 06:52 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by tlk

8% increase but I’m nowhere near the metroplex. The companies will snap it off in you if you live there. They will tell you the rates are higher because of weather but they just know people there have a lot of money and are conditioned to paying a lot. That’s my experience with them.

Your never asinine. Don't be that way now.

Re: Home owners insurance [Re: Hudbone] #9021203 03/18/24 07:26 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Originally Posted by tlk

Your never asinine. Don't be that way now.

My truck insurance is half and homeowners is less than half with the same coverage and the only thing that changed was I moved from DFW to here. Explain how that’s possible without calling shenanigans on the insurance companies?

Re: Home owners insurance [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #9021215 03/18/24 07:47 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
sigh

Re: Home owners insurance [Re: Hudbone] #9021219 03/18/24 07:53 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Hudbone
sigh

The “sigh” defense typically results in a guilty verdict roflmao

Re: Home owners insurance [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #9021228 03/18/24 08:04 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U

My truck insurance is half and homeowners is less than half with the same coverage and the only thing that changed was I moved from DFW to here. Explain how that’s possible without calling shenanigans on the insurance companies?

It's all statistics. DFW has more claims, and more expensive claims per capita than outside of DFW. Therefore, it is going to be more expensive. Same with Auto. You are MUCH less likely to get in an accident in Collin County than Dallas County. If you live in Collin County, insurance will be cheaper. You are much less likely to get in an accident in Navarro County than in Collin County. Insurance in Navarro will be cheaper. I would imagine Bosque would be about on par with Navarro.

Re: Home owners insurance [Re: unclebubba] #9021232 03/18/24 08:11 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H

It's all statistics. DFW has more claims, and more expensive claims per capita than outside of DFW. Therefore, it is going to be more expensive. Same with Auto. You are MUCH less likely to get in an accident in Collin County than Dallas County. If you live in Collin County, insurance will be cheaper. You are much less likely to get in an accident in Navarro County than in Collin County. Insurance in Navarro will be cheaper. I would imagine Bosque would be about on par with Navarro.

No, nothing to do with provable numbers that have to be approved by TDI, it's " they just know people there have a lot of money and are conditioned to paying a lot."

Re: Home owners insurance [Re: unclebubba] #9021237 03/18/24 08:17 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

Okay I can understand the vehicle aspect. Bosque County only has about 19,000 people in it. The homeowners is actually more coverage for a more expensive home but it’s less than half of what I paid in FW. I can’t see how it’s that much lower premiums. Is it because everyone gets lumped in with million dollar homes that get hailed on or swept away by a tornado?

Re: Home owners insurance [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #9021239 03/18/24 08:20 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I think I hit a nerve with Hud roflmao

Re: Home owners insurance [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #9021240 03/18/24 08:22 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
people who are forced or choose to live out in the country are cut from a different bolt of cloth.

Just think of BMW.

Re: Home owners insurance [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #9021251 03/18/24 08:50 PM
Ramsey Offline
Pepe' Le Pew
Pepe' Le Pew
There are 12 million housing units in Texas. Say the average premium is $2,000. That is 24 billion a year in premiums, but the first time they have to pay out the PR team goes into gouge mode. Pay the losees that is what your side of the contract is!!!!!! Collusion at its worst!!! TexFlip - You are getting screwed by their BS replacement cost system. Your replacement cost should be cost to build new plus 10% without land value. This is their lie to simultaneously raise your premium and your deductible at the same time. (Shameful Industry) And the kicker is how they will nickle and dime the eff out of you if you get complete loss, minus deductible, minus slab, minus plumbing!!!! They just suck and run a business based on requirements from mortgage banks!!! I only wish I had the numbers of what they spend in golf outings, marketing BS and exec comp!!!!

Big Beckett!!
Re: Home owners insurance [Re: Bandit 200 XP] #9021254 03/18/24 08:53 PM
Ramsey Offline
Pepe' Le Pew
Pepe' Le Pew
I have had to search and obtain new insurance at the minimum every 3 years for almost 3 decades. You can get what you want if you know how to ask for it and demand the policy right for you.

Big Beckett!!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide