What happened to Folks like this on the TPWD Commission?

(just digging through some of my "stuff")
Quote:

I would like to quote Commissioner, Mark E. Watson, from Nov. 17, 1999 Regulations Committee Meeting.

(I should preface this by acknowledging that Mr. Watson’s comment was in reference to a request by the Doss Wildlife Management Association’s request to shift the hunting season dates. )

Mr. Watson stated…”Well, you know I’ve had obviously a little more exposure to this, this specific thing than some other people may have had, and I agree with the Chairman (Mr. Bass). You know, I just don’t think we ought to go and start cutting up different parts of the state just because, you know, a coop thinks that they want us to set the rules that they ought to be setting for their own members. If they can’t -- if they can’t police their own membership, you know, I don’t think we ought to have to do it for them.”

We need more Commissioners like Mr Watson.

Last edited by PHishTX; 09/13/09 01:13 PM.

Originally Posted By: WMI report
"If age structure is deemed to be valuable to management,...What percentage change in age structure or condition does TPWD recognize that it needs to detect in order to trigger a regulatory change?

confused2TPWDconfused2