Print Thread
AK47 WASR vs preban Norinco #9010146 02/23/24 06:48 PM
P
patriot07 Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
P
Any AK47 experts on here? I am trying to figure out which of these (if either) I am going to try to put my sightmark wraith on to be my coyote/hog gun for night time predator control. I don't know much about the differences.

Re: AK47 WASR vs preban Norinco [Re: patriot07] #9010175 02/23/24 07:39 PM
H
HandyMan91 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
H
If your referring to a WASR assembled by century, quality can be hit and miss, usually big complaint is canted front sight (so won't apply with sight mark install) would do good to look for fully seated rivets and try a go/no go gauge if you have it.

I love Norinco stuff (just my 2cents) , com bloc rifle assembled by commies. If it was stored well and is in good shape it would be my choice of the two. I assume the one your looking at has the side rail for optics mount? If not be careful of the cheesy dust cover rails, there are some out there that are actually solid but I can't remember name off the top of my head.

Wish you luck, you chose the right platform either way 👍

Originally Posted by Biscuit
The only thing flat earthers have to fear is sphere itself

Re: AK47 WASR vs preban Norinco [Re: HandyMan91] #9010182 02/23/24 07:51 PM
P
patriot07 Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted by HandyMan91
If your referring to a WASR assembled by century, quality can be hit and miss, usually big complaint is canted front sight (so won't apply with sight mark install) would do good to look for fully seated rivets and try a go/no go gauge if you have it.

I love Norinco stuff (just my 2cents) , com bloc rifle assembled by commies. If it was stored well and is in good shape it would be my choice of the two. I assume the one your looking at has the side rail for optics mount? If not be careful of the cheesy dust cover rails, there are some out there that are actually solid but I can't remember name off the top of my head.

Wish you luck, you chose the right platform either way 👍

The WASR says it was made in 1975 in Romania by CN Romarm SA/CUGIR and imported by CAI Georgia, UT. Has folding stock, bayonet lug, etc. It has a scope mount, but the preban doesn't. I'll print it on a target and see if it's shooting straight - front sight looks straight to the naked eye, but I'm not as young as I used to be...

The Norinco is a 56S has solid, matching wood. No scope mount. I'm still trying to figure out what year

Re: AK47 WASR vs preban Norinco [Re: patriot07] #9010185 02/23/24 07:56 PM
H
HandyMan91 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
H
On the wasr, is that information stamped on the reciever or the barrel? Century assembled lot of parts kits state side, all the parts may have been made in Romania , but it may have been assembled by an hourly grunt at CAI.

I don't know enough about century imports to say for sure if they assembled it or not.

If it looks pretty straight that's good, I have seen some that were obviously off by several degrees.

Also one other thing to consider is that if the Norinco is in nice shape, they are bringing a premium $ wise compared to when they were imported. Even if it's got some bumps and bruises it could still bring good money. If it's nice you may not want to take it out hunting, or hell maybe the value isn't important and that's what you want to hunt with 😉

Last edited by HandyMan91; 02/23/24 07:59 PM.

Originally Posted by Biscuit
The only thing flat earthers have to fear is sphere itself

Re: AK47 WASR vs preban Norinco [Re: patriot07] #9010279 02/23/24 11:24 PM
A
Alan D Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
A
I'll trade you my M+M M10X for that norinco. Monolithic upper with full length pic rail to mount whatever optic you want.

Re: AK47 WASR vs preban Norinco [Re: patriot07] #9010507 02/24/24 10:51 AM
GasGuzzler Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
WASRs and Norincos used to be SO cheap. I turned down several WASRs because someone was asking waaaaay too much, like $350. Seems like Norincos always cost more. I went a little less traditional and got a O-PAP (Serbian/YUGO) before their prices went through the roof. I like that it is ComBloc even if it is a little different than the original. It has a "built like a tank" trunion and provisions for a scope mount. They are no longer being built or imported but there is a newer version called the Z-PAP. It might be fine. Stay away from the N-PAP. If you're stuck on the Romania or China rifle, I would stick with the China one due to average value and sometimes spotty builds on the WASR.

BTW, there is a difference between "assembled by" and "imported by" when it comes to Century. My Zastava was imported by Century but they did not assemble it.

O-PAP ... (custom grip and eBay sling)
[Linked Image]

Pass the gravy.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide