Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: FIT TO BE TIED [Re: tlk] #9009921 02/23/24 12:25 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by tlk
yeah when we bought wifes new car late last year the dealer tried to slip in an extra $4K in "add ons" like $250 floor mats, etc. I said I did not ask for nor want those add ons and made them take it off.

Then last month wife had a flat tire so I go to the trunk for the jack, spare tire, etc. Brand new vehicle and there was no spare or jack. The attempted add ons did not have a spare and jack listed.

I Called the dealer and asked where the tire and jack were and was told "those are considered "upgrades" - really???

Not unusual these days.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: FIT TO BE TIED [Re: Sneaky] #9009923 02/23/24 12:41 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by Walkabout
This morning I am behind her pulling out

Well yall got this part of the deal right, the rest sounds like a cluster [censored]. grin

Good catch. roflmao

That is was rofl

Skins mind is on Booty patrol 90% of the time banana

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: FIT TO BE TIED [Re: Sewer rat] #9009925 02/23/24 12:48 PM
G
Grit Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Sewer rat
Originally Posted by freerange
Auto dealerships. Unless you are buying a luxury vehicle, be prepared for some unscrupulous sonsofbeaches. Went with my GF last week to Team Gillman in Houston where she purchased a used 2020 Ram 1500 with less than 30K miles. She is most capable of completing the deal I’m along for support I guess. So they do a make ready before turning over the vehicle hand over the key and thank her for the business. Wait a minute. Where is the second key fob. Sorry, it was lost by previous owner. Hmmmm OK. This morning I am behind her pulling out and I don’t see a spare tire. I get home from work tonight and crawl under that truck. The spare and hardware was removed. Just for the hell of it, I check to see if a FOB can be reprogrammed by the dealership. Of course. Imagine that.
I think she got hosed by this dealership and asked her if she wouldn’t mind me calling the dealer…….and tear up some azz! Of course she will never be able to go back to that dealer when I am done. Anybody else been hosed like this before? Caveat emptor.

I’m confused. Did they promise a second fob and a spare?

My thoughts exactly. Every time I have bought a used vehicle something was missing or messed up. That is part of buying used.

Salesmen are there to sell you a vehicle, that is it. The dealership is all about maximizing profits. It is up to the buyer to know exactly what he or she is getting. If you find something with the vehicle that needs to be addressed, that should be done during the negotiation process; not after the papers have been signed.

Garrett
Re: FIT TO BE TIED [Re: Walkabout] #9009933 02/23/24 01:06 PM
M
Mr. 806 Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
M
Sounds like more questions and better review were needed before sealing the deal, honestly. I do agree, that there are more shysters than there are honest/upstanding salesman/dealerships.

Re: FIT TO BE TIED [Re: ntxtrapper] #9009940 02/23/24 01:15 PM
F
flintknapper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
If I bought a used vehicle and the only issues were no spare tire and spare fob, I would consider myself very lucky.

Exactly.

These days with ANY used car sale, look for:

Number of key FOBS
Owners Manual
Spare Tire
Jack and Tire tool (tool kit)

Odds are excellent some....or most of these items are missing.

Don't 'assume' they are there or necessarily part of the sale. It is up to the buyer to check.

Last edited by flintknapper; 02/23/24 01:17 PM.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: FIT TO BE TIED [Re: Walkabout] #9009942 02/23/24 01:18 PM
#
#Hayraker Offline
Chihuahua
Chihuahua
#
when you buy a used car from a dealer and it breaks in half when you pull out of the dealership, you still own both halves

#sigline
Re: FIT TO BE TIED [Re: Walkabout] #9009962 02/23/24 02:08 PM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
This has been a useful discussion. I’ve learned stuff. I would have gone into the next vehicle purchase with a bunch of assumptions based on the last time I bought one. And I might have been way wrong.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: FIT TO BE TIED [Re: Walkabout] #9009982 02/23/24 02:35 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
All I buy is used. Last 3 from dealers, low ish mileage. No spare key on any. Pretty standard for some strange reason. You want a spare key you better tell them before you get moving along.

The spare tire is odd, I’m going to say that was taken by the previous owner which would bother me more about the class of person that previously owned the truck than the dealer.

Last edited by ducknbass; 02/23/24 02:37 PM.
Re: FIT TO BE TIED [Re: BigPig] #9009996 02/23/24 02:59 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by BigPig
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
I would only buy a certified used car

I wouldn’t. It’s not worth the paper the “certification” is written on. It’s just a sales pitch to get you to pay more.

This all day every day.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: FIT TO BE TIED [Re: jskin] #9010008 02/23/24 03:17 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by skinnerback
This morning I am behind her pulling out

Well yall got this part of the deal right, the rest sounds like a cluster [censored]. grin

Skinner wins the internet for the day roflmao

Originally Posted by jskin
they assume everyone that comes in is an idiot

Sadly, more are than you realize...

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: FIT TO BE TIED [Re: Hudbone] #9010029 02/23/24 03:49 PM
T
TPACK Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Auto dealerships. . . . . . She is most capable of completing the deal I’m along for support I guess. . . . . .

Sounds like you were wrong.

[Linked Image]

Re: FIT TO BE TIED [Re: ducknbass] #9010516 02/24/24 11:54 AM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
I would only buy a certified used car

Oh no ... who certified it? Listen up folks as certification does one thing. It allows certain manufacturers or warranty companies to upsell extra coverage. Dealer shows they paid extra for someone on staff to look it over "better" then they upsell more coverage. The reason it's important is many things won't be covered later because they would be considered pre-existing. Those items must be fixed at dealer cost before certification.

Originally Posted by tlk
Brand new vehicle and there was no spare or jack. The attempted add ons did not have a spare and jack listed.

Not uncommon and not the dealer's fault. Dealers sell and service. Manufacturers build and leave stuff off to save weight for CAFE.

Originally Posted by Grit
If you find something with the vehicle that needs to be addressed, that should be done during the negotiation process; not after the papers have been signed.

This is true.

Everything used car sales related changed in the 1990s when the first dealers started treating used cars as if they were new. Before that big shift, everyone knew a used car was as is, where is. Take it or leave it. Then the big conglomerate used car only stores with love it or leave it, no haggle "low prices", and extended warranties hit the scene. In the matter of one generation, people have converted to the belief the 2011 F250 with 127K miles on it they bought at a small town Dodge dealer ought to have ZERO problems and any issues it has for the next COUPLE OF MONTHS should be fixed for free even after declining an extra warranty. This is truth and it's kinda sad.

Originally Posted by ducknbass
All I buy is used. Last 3 from dealers, low ish mileage. No spare key on any. Pretty standard for some strange reason. You want a spare key you better tell them before you get moving along.

The spare tire is odd, I’m going to say that was taken by the previous owner which would bother me more about the class of person that previously owned the truck than the dealer.

The spares in question are usually not missing, they were never there. Not much to do with the previous owner or the dealer. Keys? That's easy. Someone bought vehicle new with two keys. Went home and stashed a set. Used the other set for four years. Traded the car in. When asked for the other key, customer says they're not sure where it is. Dealer says fine, not gonna lose a sale over a key. Customer says they'll bring it by later or mail it but it never happens.

Pass the gravy.

Re: FIT TO BE TIED [Re: Walkabout] #9010526 02/24/24 01:02 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Buyers responsibility to inspect the car or truck before signing the paperwork. You should have noticed the truck had no spare tire at that time.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: FIT TO BE TIED [Re: Walkabout] #9010555 02/24/24 01:50 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Buyer be ware!
As mentioned before, it is incumbent for the buyer to do his or her due diligence on making sure the vehicle is what and how they want that vehicle before they sign any sales documents and take delivery of it.

Some dealerships are ethical and some are not, you should do your research on a dealership before you go there nidea

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide