Print Thread
Purchase QuickLoad From? #9008196 02/20/24 12:15 AM
M
Mickey Moose Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I found QuickLoad at https://quickload.co.uk/ ($174.84) and https://www.neconos.com/ ($155.95). Which is the official source?

Thanks.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: Purchase QuickLoad From? [Re: Mickey Moose] #9008389 02/20/24 02:16 PM
K
Korean Redneck Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
I have no clue. Just wanted to note that I was informed that there is a free alternative to Quickload. I used it for the first on an unknown load combo. I thought it did everything i wanted from the program.
https://grtools.de/doku.php

I'm a dude who likes long barrels!
Re: Purchase QuickLoad From? [Re: Mickey Moose] #9008417 02/20/24 02:53 PM
D
duffas Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
D
Yup GRT works fine and is FREE. Guy who wrote it passed, while back. Users are attempting to revive it with newest data. You can also do your wildcats in it or your cast bullets.

Re: Purchase QuickLoad From? [Re: Mickey Moose] #9008420 02/20/24 02:55 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Don't need it.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Purchase QuickLoad From? [Re: Mickey Moose] #9008438 02/20/24 03:09 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Neco is the official one. Once you get it, don't call him for tech help. He'll just tell you to RTFM. (Read the F Manual)

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: Purchase QuickLoad From? [Re: Korean Redneck] #9008507 02/20/24 04:58 PM
M
Mickey Moose Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I have GRT. Yes, people are trying to revive it, but at this time development has officially ceased.

Over the years I have noted people citing some issues with it versus QuickLoad. Comparison of the two is reason one that I may have an interest in buying QuickLoad. The reason for the comparison is to weigh the possibility of assisting with GRT's resuscitation - if I can help keep it alive then maybe I will - and/or the possibility of making my own. Though there are reasons I'd rather go the route of the latter.

J.G., yep, I for sure don't need it for my personal handloading!

ChadTRG42, thanks.

Re: Purchase QuickLoad From? [Re: Mickey Moose] #9008623 02/20/24 08:02 PM
H
HenryL Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
H
I was under the impression that development hasn't ceased on GRT exactly but rather it's that development on the existing code base has ceased and that the crew taking over is rebuilding the code from the ground up and open sourcing it. I think I saw they were calling it NextGen GRT or something. But I think users are constantly posting files you can use/reference in their Discord channel with new data in the mean time... Last I read, they said they would be releasing the new version towards the end of the year.

GRT and Quickload are both great tools though. I use both regularly. I haven't updated Quickload since v3.6 though.... looks like they are on v3.9.. anyone know if the data additions from v3.6 to v3.9 are meaningful?

Re: Purchase QuickLoad From? [Re: HenryL] #9008633 02/20/24 08:24 PM
M
Mickey Moose Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by HenryL
I was under the impression that development hasn't ceased on GRT exactly but rather it's that development on the existing code base has ceased and that the crew taking over is rebuilding the code from the ground up and open sourcing it. I think I saw they were calling it NextGen GRT or something.

I haven't heard anything about a NextGen version and a quick search turned up nothing. Doesn't mean it's not happening the way you stated though. At any rate, simply going by...

Please note: This is the last stable version released by Gordon in 2021. The application will not be further developed!

I could see how that statement could mesh with yours, but I can also argue against it. It's just not definitive enough. I have GordonsReloadingTool-2021.2040-NIGHTLY-linux.tar.gz which is the latest on the site. I'll hit them up.

Re: Purchase QuickLoad From? [Re: Mickey Moose] #9008850 02/21/24 07:16 AM
H
HenryL Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
H
Yeah, the GRT website is just being held in place by Gordon's widow as is (my understanding of it). You won't see any of the current development mentioned there. You have to pay attention to the GRT discord. Here is the most recent related directly to the development:

September 19, 2023:

"@here **GRT NextGen Development Status (2023)**
On 19th of January 2022 our beloved friend Gordon died from a viciously escalating condition of leukaemia. He left memories and GRT – the tool we all have embraced in our recreational activities and profession and (as of now) has 65k+ active users around the world.

It took some time to get organized and lay the ground for the continuation of his heritage.
The GRT team is now more than happy to announce, we finally have managed to tackle the challenge to recreate the numeric simulation core and a basic GUI framework to recreate GRT as envisioned by Gordon.

Most of the time went by in the search for the right people with the right skillset and an attitude to dedicate substantial parts of their lifetimes without compensation. We are now in the stage to assemble the major bits & pieces for a very rudimentary reimplementation of what NextGen GRT will eventually become. At the end of next Year (2024) we believe, we can provide the GRT as you know it today based on a totally-from-scratch fresh reimplementation, based on open technology and frameworks.

But there is more to come (beginning of 2025 and onward):
Open and crowd founded GRT pressure measurement devices
Full isotopic simulation core
Alternative GUIs
GRT-Lab for loads and measurements
Native MacOS, Android and iOS support along with Windows and a broader flavour of Linux
Webservice based online version of GRT
Exterior Ballistics calculators
BC calculation wizards
More powder models, bullets and calibres.
DOPE recording integration
Electronic target solutions
Management suite for your weapons and conditions of wear and maintenance

For all of this we need to stay productive on the current level but will also have to invest in expanding the current server infrastructure (Website, GRTGitLab, GRT-Lab, WebserviceGRT…). To achieve this, we will need your support. May it be by sympathy, support for programming or simply with money. We will start our Patreon donation channel, after we have something to deliver. Be prepared for further announcements as things develop.

Here's a first glimpse of GRT NextGen for you
**VIDEO WAS IN THIS PART OF POST - OMITTED HERE ON THF**
"

"Feb. 20 2024 - GRT Software
The requirement to register on the GRT website before downloading the software has been lifted. Simply go to the Downloads page and scroll to the bottom and download. Also, the software is available here. ⁠grt-software"

" — 01/29/2024 3:35 PM
GRT Windows version. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w2DA5UeRef5H8dVM_h38lx3tN1jDvFJF/view?usp=sharing
GRT Linux version. https://drive.google.com/file/d/11kK508H2HCk4fvzvWaobfdZwMbwRJ-iT/view?usp=sharing
"

Discord usually has a couple hundred active people... so, that's where you will find out what's going on, not the website.

Re: Purchase QuickLoad From? [Re: Mickey Moose] #9009229 02/22/24 01:02 AM
M
machinist Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Chad where do you find Neco?

some people like silver and gold
I like brass and lead with a little powder in between
Re: Purchase QuickLoad From? [Re: machinist] #9009269 02/22/24 02:03 AM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior