not to mention Moody put it through uprights on atleast two kickoffs

I think putting it between the uprights should be 1 point. Damn impressive

Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: Buzzsaw] #9004445 02/12/24 05:43 PM
B
BDB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Andy Reid was the best coach on that field. niners defense changed up scheme in the 4th and actually made things simple for mahomie. And why on lord would you choose ball first in OT? The niners players were saying after the game they didn't even know the the dam rules lol.

So many "what ifs" can be said about a game....bottom line if no bs bad call by zebras are made to influence game (none were in this game) the winner earns it. What SF did or didn't do, it all don't mean chit. I can't stand anything in Cali so I was pulling for the chiefs, maybe cause my sons hs team (Mesquite Poteet) beat Mahomie and Whitehouse in the playoffs his senior year.

Great game overall

Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: Buzzsaw] #9004469 02/12/24 06:16 PM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
I think they said “he” was at fault by kicking it too low and turning his foot; maybe I heard that wrong? I saw on another site where they were blaming him and not just a lineman for the block. Would have changed plays/time in the game or maybe not; KC I flat good.

Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: Huntmaster] #9004474 02/12/24 06:20 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Huntmaster
I think they said “he” was at fault by kicking it too low and turning his foot; maybe I heard that wrong? I saw on another site where they were blaming him and not just a lineman for the block. Would have changed plays/time in the game or maybe not; KC I flat good.

ok. you still have 3 kicking records broken in one game but sure

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: Buzzsaw] #9004495 02/12/24 06:37 PM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
No doubt about that; but I’m thinking if SF would have had a guy that rushed for 400 yards, but lost the game…that guy would trade the 400 for a ring along with all his teammates. Nobody will talk to the kicker about his long kicks; he will spend the rest of his life on the miss. But, but, they really could kick, especially kickoffs.

Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: BDB] #9004568 02/12/24 07:56 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by BDB
Andy Reid was the best coach on that field. niners defense changed up scheme in the 4th and actually made things simple for mahomie.
And why on lord would you choose ball first in OT? The niners players were saying after the game they didn't even know the the dam rules lol.

So many "what ifs" can be said about a game....bottom line if no bs bad call by zebras are made to influence game (none were in this game) the winner earns it. What SF did or didn't do, it all don't mean chit. I can't stand anything in Cali so I was pulling for the chiefs, maybe cause my sons hs team (Mesquite Poteet) beat Mahomie and Whitehouse in the playoffs his senior year.

Great game overall

In OT if you receive the ball first and score a touchdown you win, the opposing team does not even get a chance to match the TD, that is why you always elect to receive the ball first!

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: Stub] #9004571 02/12/24 07:59 PM
M
MeanGreen85 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by BDB
Andy Reid was the best coach on that field. niners defense changed up scheme in the 4th and actually made things simple for mahomie.
And why on lord would you choose ball first in OT? The niners players were saying after the game they didn't even know the the dam rules lol.

Great game overall

In OT if you receive the ball first and score a touchdown you win, the opposing team does not even get a chance to match the TD, that is why you always elect to receive the ball first!

Not true.

Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: Buzzsaw] #9004574 02/12/24 08:02 PM
M
machinist Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Stub. That is not right in the playoffs. Both teams get a chance to possess the ball. It is just like the game starts over. Now after both teams get the ball once if the game is still tied the next score wins.

some people like silver and gold
I like brass and lead with a little powder in between
Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: Stub] #9004580 02/12/24 08:09 PM
M
Mr. 806 Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
M
Originally Posted by BDB

Great game overall

Fail, kind Sir. Not true in today's world.

Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: Stub] #9004581 02/12/24 08:12 PM
B
Big Fitz Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by BDB

Great game overall

Not any more, they changed the rule so that both teams get a possession which I think is how it should be.

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
I was wrong...on anything technical.

Originally Posted by Sailor
Fitz............. is right, ya know............
Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: MeanGreen85] #9004583 02/12/24 08:14 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by MeanGreen85
Originally Posted by BDB

Great game overall

Not true.

Had to look it up. What I said was true for the regular season overtime rules, did not know they had different OT rules for the playoffs.
It is easy to see why the players and I were confused about the rules.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-overtime-rules/

OVERTIME RULES FOR NFL REGULAR SEASON
At the end of regulation, the referee will toss a coin to determine which team will possess the ball first in overtime. The visiting team captain will call the toss.

No more than one 10-minute period will follow a three-minute intermission. Each team must possess, or have the opportunity to possess, the ball.
The exception: if the team that gets the ball first scores a touchdown on the opening possession.

Sudden death play — where the game ends on any score (safety, field goal or touchdown) — continues until a winner is determined.

Each team gets two timeouts.

The point after try is not attempted if the game ends on a touchdown.

If the score is still tied at the end of the overtime period, the result of the game will be recorded as a tie.

There are no instant replay coach’s challenges; all reviews will be initiated by the replay official.

OVERTIME RULES FOR NFL POSTSEASON GAMES

Unlike regular season games, postseason games cannot end in a tie, so the overtime rules change slightly for the playoffs.

If the score is still tied at the end of an overtime period — or if the second team’s initial possession has not ended — the teams will play another overtime period. Play will continue regardless of how many overtime periods are needed for a winner to be determined.

There will be a two-minute intermission between each overtime period. There will not be a halftime intermission after the second period.

The captain who lost the first overtime coin toss will either choose to possess the ball or select which goal his team will defend, unless the team that won the coin toss deferred that choice.

Each team will have an opportunity to possess the ball in overtime. (I think they should have verbiage in there that states "Unlike regular season OT, the game does not end automatically if the team with the first possession scores a TD")

Each team gets three timeouts during a half.

The same timing rules that apply at the end of the second and fourth regulation periods also apply at the end of a second or fourth overtime period.

Last edited by Stub; 02/12/24 08:20 PM.

texas flag

—Groucho Marx

Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: Huntmaster] #9004585 02/12/24 08:17 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Huntmaster
No doubt about that; but I’m thinking if SF would have had a guy that rushed for 400 yards, but lost the game…that guy would trade the 400 for a ring along with all his teammates. Nobody will talk to the kicker about his long kicks; he will spend the rest of his life on the miss. But, but, they really could kick, especially kickoffs.

Im thinking if you are putting FG points up from record distances by both teams, that means Defenses are doing a hell of a job. 7 FG goal with 3 over 50 is crazy, but a testament to defensive coachs getting both squads dialed in. With that said the biggest testament is faith in a kicker to keep them in the game. 21pts in FG is a ton especially with almost 1/2 being over 50

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: Stub] #9004589 02/12/24 08:21 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by MeanGreen85
Originally Posted by BDB

Great game overall

Not true.

Had to look it up. What I said was true for the regular season overtime rules, did not know they had different OT rules for the playoffs.

At the end of regulation, the referee will toss a coin to determine which team will possess the ball first in overtime. The visiting team captain will call the toss.

No more than one 10-minute period will follow a three-minute intermission. Each team must possess, or have the opportunity to possess, the ball.
The exception: if the team that gets the ball first scores a touchdown on the opening possession.

Sudden death play — where the game ends on any score (safety, field goal or touchdown) — continues until a winner is determined.

If the score is still tied at the end of the overtime period, the result of the game will be recorded as a tie.

There are no instant replay coach’s challenges; all reviews will be initiated by the replay official.

Unlike regular season games, postseason games cannot end in a tie, so the overtime rules change slightly for the playoffs.

If the score is still tied at the end of an overtime period — or if the second team’s initial possession has not ended — the teams will play another overtime period. Play will continue regardless of how many overtime periods are needed for a winner to be determined.

There will be a two-minute intermission between each overtime period. There will not be a halftime intermission after the second period.

The captain who lost the first overtime coin toss will either choose to possess the ball or select which goal his team will defend, unless the team that won the coin toss deferred that choice.

Each team will have an opportunity to possess the ball in overtime. I think they should have verbiage in there that states "Unlike regular season OT, if the game does not end automatically if the team with the first possession scores a TD"

The same timing rules that apply at the end of the second and fourth regulation periods also apply at the end of a second or fourth overtime period.

Stub, first year of the OT rules change for playoffs so you get a pass. I was unaware of the change myself but you and I don't play in the NFL. Niners made a big tactical error taking the ball first.

Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: DQ Kid] #9004595 02/12/24 08:31 PM
W
Walkabout Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
W
YOU TAKE THE BALL FIRST. You score and hold the Chiefs on their possession you win, game over.

Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: Buzzsaw] #9004596 02/12/24 08:33 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
rules changed back in early 22 but first SB OT since them

Since its an equal procession OT, Its not much of an advantage or disadvantage. If your Offense is hot may be best to take ball before they cool off and vise versa

Only advantage is second procession team knows if they have to go for it on 4th or kick a FG.

well there is one disadvantage. Pick 6 first series is a win

Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: Buzzsaw] #9004598 02/12/24 08:36 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I heard KC had already planned to go for 2 and win in event Niners had ball first and scored a TD with extra point. Most would elect to go 2nd and know what they need to do to either tie or win. Plus they'd inherently always have 4th downs to do that with inside of time limitations.

Last edited by DQ Kid; 02/12/24 08:38 PM.
Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: Roll-Tide] #9004603 02/12/24 08:47 PM
C
Cool Mo D Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
[Linked Image]

Is this what's her names hug? And what's his main malfunction?

Last edited by Cool Mo D; 02/12/24 08:50 PM.
Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: Cool Mo D] #9004614 02/12/24 09:07 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Cool Mo D
[Linked Image]

two things- two wrongs here. Reid and Kelce.

Reid is very close with both Mahomes and Kelce. He hasnt drawn a hard enough line.

second being Kelce didnt channel well, and crossed a dotted line. very very bad look

If I was Reid… I’’m smiled and put him in and ran right behind him. If I had a player that fired up over not being in, I have the right player.

Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: Cool Mo D] #9004620 02/12/24 09:11 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
[Linked Image]

A temper out of control and a beard out of control.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: DQ Kid] #9004621 02/12/24 09:12 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
I heard KC had already planned to go for 2 and win in event Niners had ball first and scored a TD with extra point. Most would elect to go 2nd and know what they need to do to either tie or win. Plus they'd inherently always have 4th downs to do that with inside of time limitations.

I was sort of surprised that KC settled for the field goal in regulation rather than going for the TD and the win.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: Stub] #9004627 02/12/24 09:18 PM
B
BDB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BDB

Great game overall

You obviously have been "coached" by the Frisco coaches lol

Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: Cool Mo D] #9004642 02/12/24 09:39 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
[Linked Image]

cant wait for the meme with taylor swifts head replacing Reids.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: Walkabout] #9004654 02/12/24 09:57 PM
B
BradyBuck Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by Walkabout
YOU TAKE THE BALL FIRST. You score and hold the Chiefs on their possession you win, game over.

Wrong…

You kick off first, that way you know what you have to do. That’s a huge advantage knowing if you need to score a FG, TD or can punt.

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: Buzzsaw] #9004656 02/12/24 10:03 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
Multiple 49ers players admitted after the game that the team never prepared for or discussed the new OT rules. The Chiefs said they had been prepared for playoff OT rules since training camp.

Shanahan is an excellent coach, but he was unprepared and it possibly cost them the Super Bowl. SF definitely should have kicked off instead of taking the ball.

Re: SUPER BOWL, official? [Re: DQ Kid] #9004666 02/12/24 10:14 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Originally Posted by BDB

Great game overall

Each team will have an opportunity to possess the ball in overtime. I think they should have verbiage in there that states "Unlike regular season OT, if the game does not end automatically if the team with the first possession scores a TD"

Stub, first year of the OT rules change for playoffs so you get a pass. I was unaware of the change myself but you and I don't play in the NFL. Niners made a big tactical error taking the ball first.

What, you did not know that I was on the same roster for the Cowboys with Buzzsaw back in the 70's confused2

I played Loose End, Buzz was the Center since he was already a pro at being bent over with the ball in his hands bolt

texas flag

—Groucho Marx

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide