Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Roomba and like devices. [Re: Roll-Tide] #9004465 02/12/24 06:11 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
We got the basic one (Roomba) for the little ranch house. 'Shoulda got the self-empty. Never could get the app to load and recognize it. (Hughesnet.) "She" and I have a love/hate relationship. I swear she does better when I threaten (at 2am) to take her outside and shoot her with the 12 ga. Mysterious error messages that I can't find a definition to occasionally. Never has enough juice to do the whole house, and it's a small house.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Roomba and like devices. [Re: Roll-Tide] #9004501 02/12/24 06:41 PM
P
Phlash Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
P
I bought a high end one about 18 months ago when Amazon had it significantly discounted. It is an EcoVacs Omni T10 that self empties and will mop when you put the rotary pads on it. It has clean and dirty water tanks that are easy to empty and fill. I use distilled water in it so there is no water scale in the machine or haze on the floor. I'm amazed at how much fuzz and dirt the thing picks up. I have a mix of carpet, tile and wood flooring. I don't have pets, but would highly recommend you get one that has avoidance detection to prevent the dog poop mess, if you have pets. Spare rollers, brushes and bags are cheap on Amazon. Be prepared to change bags frequently at first, because it goes where you likely don't clean regularly, (under chairs, couches and beds). Most of the time it will clean the whole house on a single charge, provided you have not set obstacles around the house that requires it to signifcantly deviate from its mapped paths. You will learn to keep your house picked up, so that charger cables and electrical cords don't wind up in the rotary brushes. Small grandkids leave small toys scattered that the thing will suck up. I also recommend cutting open the dust bag and checking for lost items (earings, jewelry, coins, marbles, puzzle pieces and small toys). If anyone has long hair, it will wind around the rotary beater bar, but this robot came with a cutter similar to a letter opener, which makes it easy to cut and remove the hair. I did have to put magnetic door stops in a couple of rooms so it couldn't get behind a door and shut itself in a room. Like some above said, it doesn't replace a vacuum but I don't use mine very often anymore. My robot cleans the whole house every week and the rooms I use regularly three times a week. Buy a good one and you won't regret it! Good luck

Last edited by Phlash; 02/12/24 06:49 PM. Reason: Update
Re: Roomba and like devices. [Re: Roll-Tide] #9004587 02/12/24 08:18 PM
C
Cool Mo D Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
SIL told me Sat they were the best thing since sliced bread, confused2

Re: Roomba and like devices. [Re: ntxtrapper] #9004649 02/12/24 09:43 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by BigPig
Ours is [censored] retarded. I got so tired of playing “find the Roomba” that we turned it off. The dumbass goes into a room, then gets lost, spends 3 hours cleaning that one room because it can’t find the open door and return to base. Or, it continuously gets stuck under the couch, where it knows is off limits, or gets stuck under the kitchen table amongst the chair legs.

Its tracks its self every time it leaves base. One night it left its base, made a direct path across the house into the laundry room, made 2 turns and ended up behind the open door, then called it quits.

That’s pretty much the experience I had with mine.

I think this is probably the norm for one. I just don't see how it cannot get hung up.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Roomba and like devices. [Re: Roll-Tide] #9004722 02/12/24 11:55 PM
R
R83steve Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
We purchased a roomba from Sam’s 3 years ago and are very pleased with what it does. We shut it down for the day whenever we leave home AND leave the dogs out , in case one of them has an accident. Ours keeps the dust and dander down considerably. Wife could sweep and mop in the morning and that afternoon when the sun goes down you could see the accumulation of dust on the floor. Now that the roomba runs daily, that is no longer an issue

Re: Roomba and like devices. [Re: Buzzsaw] #9004775 02/13/24 01:55 AM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by BigPig
Ours is [censored] retarded. I got so tired of playing “find the Roomba” that we turned it off. The dumbass goes into a room, then gets lost, spends 3 hours cleaning that one room because it can’t find the open door and return to base. Or, it continuously gets stuck under the couch, where it knows is off limits, or gets stuck under the kitchen table amongst the chair legs.

Its tracks its self every time it leaves base. One night it left its base, made a direct path across the house into the laundry room, made 2 turns and ended up behind the open door, then called it quits.

That’s pretty much the experience I had with mine.

I think this is probably the norm for one. I just don't see how it cannot get hung up.

Must set it up properly to run efficiently. Using the room dividers, and room labels will help speed up the process. Don't be afraid of technology......

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 02/13/24 01:56 AM.
Re: Roomba and like devices. [Re: Roll-Tide] #9004781 02/13/24 02:13 AM
R
Rounder Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
R
Self empty? Where? how? I can see all kinds of problems with that.

Re: Roomba and like devices. [Re: Roll-Tide] #9004792 02/13/24 02:37 AM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
We have one and I’m not real impressed. It gets hung up and we have to find it. I don’t have a problem with just vacuuming.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Roomba and like devices. [Re: Roll-Tide] #9004795 02/13/24 02:41 AM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Like ours. We didn’t set boundaries just close a door if you don’t want it there. The dog poo/barf is a non issue if you don’t leave them in the house unattended. Legos bb’s etc is what trips ours up. Occasionally have to pull some pieces off and remove balls of hair. No regerts up

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Roomba and like devices. [Re: S.A. hunter] #9005141 02/13/24 10:22 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Must set it up properly to run efficiently. Using the room dividers, and room labels will help speed up the process. Don't be afraid of technology......

I'm retired, but even I have better use for my time. Poor bastard.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Roomba and like devices. [Re: Roll-Tide] #9005189 02/13/24 11:42 PM
C
Captain Crunch Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
If your dog regularly takes a dump inside your house, I'd work on that before I bought a roomba smile

Re: Roomba and like devices. [Re: Captain Crunch] #9005194 02/13/24 11:51 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch
If your dog regularly takes a dump inside your house, I'd work on that before I bought a roomba smile

Winner winner chicken dinner the least of your worries is dog hair

Re: Roomba and like devices. [Re: Ktexas14] #9005208 02/14/24 12:10 AM
P
presley Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Ktexas14
We have the Shark self emptying vacuum and it picks up quite a bit. I like it, keeps the house cleaner in between actually vacuuming. It doesnt completely replace a vacuum but it will still pick up quite a bit even right after you vacuum the whole house yourself.

Same here. Got to run the Dyson every couple weeks and get the heavy dog hair

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide