Forums46
Topics538,120
Posts9,733,216
Members87,069
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: Texas Dan] #9003091 02/10/24 11:14 AM
W
wp75169 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
A few, most were my own stupidity.

Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: Texas Dan] #9003120 02/10/24 01:14 PM
N
NDN98 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Yes. Mine occurred many years ago at my in-laws house when I saw my wife bent over, and my being a male, I am predisposed with the response to slap said wife on the rear.........turns out it was not my wife, but her sister.

Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: Texas Dan] #9003136 02/10/24 01:39 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
When I was young I had a kid force my head underwater in a pool till I thought I was going to drown. After that no one could get near me in a pool.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: Texas Dan] #9003143 02/10/24 01:57 PM
D
DukeCigars Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
D
Yep I audibly SSHHH’d my wife at the AT&T phone store once

Car guy. Serial entrepreneur. Terrible golfer.
Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: NDN98] #9003178 02/10/24 03:06 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by NDN98
Yes. Mine occurred many years ago at my in-laws house when I saw my wife bent over, and my being a male, I am predisposed with the response to slap said wife on the rear.........turns out it was not my wife, but her sister.

In the early 2000s I was with my gf in the woman's clothing section of some department store. I wandered off and came back about 10 or 15 minutes later. Saw my gf and decided to sneak up on her and goose her backside. I came up from behind and got her really deep, low, and in the middle. She shot upright and it wasn't my gf. Fortunately a fraction of a second later I saw my gf one rack over and she had seen the entire thing. I was instantly apologizing profusely and the lady I grabbed understood and thought it was funny. They both were wearing the same style and color of clothes and both had the same shaped rear end, hair style and color. Not on topic but your post reminded me of the incident and it makes for a good laugh today.

Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: Texas Dan] #9003333 02/10/24 07:17 PM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Closest was a bout of tachycardia that but me in the ER with a pulse of 215. I was in real danger of going into Arterial Fibrillation which would of killed me outside of a hospital setting. I ended up having a Catheter Ablation to deal with it.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: Pupjoint] #9003425 02/10/24 10:19 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Pupjoint
Had a heart attack in 2013, let me just say that there is a light, a beautiful bright light!!

For some it’s a brilliant white light…..for others it’s more of a fiery orange glow…. bolt

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #9003469 02/10/24 11:53 PM
H
Hirogen Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Had a heart attack in 2013, let me just say that there is a light, a beautiful bright light!!

For some it’s a brilliant white light…..for others it’s more of a fiery orange glow…. bolt

Pretty sure that's me.

Been whitewater kayaking all my life since 18 and 59 now. Spent 25 years chasing the perfect line on every continent except Antarctica. Well running the Cotahuasi in the Andes from source to Pacific I almost found it. Put in at 9000 feet and all downhill from there. That river is epic with continuous class 4 to 5+ rapids the whole way. Got sucked out of my kayak in a 5+ hydraulic. Came within seconds of flush drowning. Was getting dragged on the bottom and bounced off rocks and popped up periodically to grab a breath before getting submerged and beat on again. Besides remembering to breath at the correct moments had to scan for a rescue rope my buddies were trying to throw. At 4:45 after being ejected I caught the rope. Reason I know it was 4:45 is my buddy had a GoPro on his helmet and filmed the whole thing.

I 44 years old at the time. I still run whitewater but have not attempted a class 5 since that trip. Everytime I get the urge I watch the video and change my mind. Had to rest for 2 days in a tent an the bank of the river as I was pretty bruised and cut up. That canyon is up to 12000 feet deep so no way out except the river so had to run a bunch more before I got to place where I could evac.

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: Texas Dan] #9003570 02/11/24 02:10 AM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
5 years ago, my colon busted. In surgery an hour after going to.hospital. Surgeon said I almost flat lined twice but they brought me back.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: Hirogen] #9003573 02/11/24 02:25 AM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by Hirogen

Pretty sure that's me.

Been whitewater kayaking all my life since 18 and 59 now. Spent 25 years chasing the perfect line on every continent except Antarctica. Well running the Cotahuasi in the Andes from source to Pacific I almost found it. Put in at 9000 feet and all downhill from there. That river is epic with continuous class 4 to 5+ rapids the whole way. Got sucked out of my kayak in a 5+ hydraulic. Came within seconds of flush drowning. Was getting dragged on the bottom and bounced off rocks and popped up periodically to grab a breath before getting submerged and beat on again. Besides remembering to breath at the correct moments had to scan for a rescue rope my buddies were trying to throw. At 4:45 after being ejected I caught the rope. Reason I know it was 4:45 is my buddy had a GoPro on his helmet and filmed the whole thing.

I 44 years old at the time. I still run whitewater but have not attempted a class 5 since that trip. Everytime I get the urge I watch the video and change my mind. Had to rest for 2 days in a tent an the bank of the river as I was pretty bruised and cut up. That canyon is up to 12000 feet deep so no way out except the river so had to run a bunch more before I got to place where I could evac.

Hey blkt2.......you've met your match brother.

Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: Texas Dan] #9003588 02/11/24 03:14 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
No cars that can approach the sound barrier, no sex with famous women, no fighting for survival in a foreign civil war, meh, no comparison really roflmao

Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: Texas Dan] #9003591 02/11/24 03:17 AM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I had lightning hit a yard from me when I was a kid. It knocked me on my arse and burned my hair. Why didn’t it hit me? I’ll never know.

Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: Hirogen] #9003608 02/11/24 03:45 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

Pretty sure that's me.

I’ve done 4’s and 5’s quite a few times in a raft, attempted it once in a kayak. Pretty sure I walked on water to get out of that river. I can’t swim for [censored] and have a terrible fear of drowning. I’ll take on any river in a raft, I won’t take on a kiddie pool in a kayak.

Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: Texas Dan] #9003635 02/11/24 04:34 AM
O
Okiedog Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
O
5 yrs ago in hospital for hip replacement. Came thru surgery and recovery fine, but was being put in my room for night and had a complete cardiac failure. Fortunately, nurse was still in room called code and started CPR. Still had to be shocked twice and ended up w/4 cracked ribs. Doing good now for a 75 yr old and give the good Lord 100% credit every day. He is good!!

Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: Texas Dan] #9003676 02/11/24 08:49 AM
oldoak2000 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Yep, @53yo beaten unconscious by a 2000# Longhorn bull with nobody around. Left my body, had life flash, and was then sent back, into a twisted and mangled body spending a month in hospital. Took over three years for my brain to fully recover allthewhile not knowing if the damage was going to be permanent. Was like going thru alzeheimers and coming back!

Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: Texas Dan] #9003697 02/11/24 12:44 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Tuesday, April 10, 1979 about 6:15 PM in my home town of Wichita Falls, Texas. I could post an entire page describing our attempt to outrun the tornado. 3-5 seconds made the difference. If I had a video camera and filmed what I saw looking out the back window of the car I was a passenger in no one would believe we lived through it.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9003713 02/11/24 01:16 PM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
Tuesday, April 10, 1979 about 6:15 PM in my home town of Wichita Falls, Texas. I could post an entire page describing our attempt to outrun the tornado. 3-5 seconds made the difference. If I had a video camera and filmed what I saw looking out the back window of the car I was a passenger in no one would believe we lived through it.

My wife, also from WF and 7-years-old then, talks about that twister all the time. She remembers her dad holding her hand as they were racing to the car and due to the wind, her feet weren't touching the ground.

[Linked Image]
Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: kry226] #9003724 02/11/24 01:45 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by kry226

My wife, also from WF and 7-years-old then, talks about that twister all the time. She remembers her dad holding her hand as they were racing to the car and due to the wind, her feet weren't touching the ground.

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: Stub] #9003750 02/11/24 02:09 PM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by kry226

Seen it many times. Still amazing... one mile wide.

[Linked Image]
Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: Texas Dan] #9003833 02/11/24 04:07 PM
H
HunterGuy Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
Not like y’all’s near death experiences, but I was hunting with a friend and he stopped to get Taco Bell the night before and let one rip. Closed I’ve ever come to death

Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: Texas Dan] #9003847 02/11/24 04:54 PM
P_102 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Put up pre-fab houses in my younger years, got in a hurry putting shingles on, staples/sidestep, staples/sidestep…..etc. took a sidestep and there was no roof there. Landed flat on my back on freshly plowed ground, walked away without a bruise but saw some of my life on the way down.

Do not trifle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: Texas Dan] #9003868 02/11/24 05:46 PM
O
Ox190 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
O
Leaving a dove hunt at a buddies family land in southern Ellis County. 2011 or 2012, can't remember anymore. I was a passenger in a Chevy Trailblazer being driven by said buddy, and his girlfriend was in the back. I did not have my seatbelt on. Northbound on 35 headed back to Waxahachie come up on black car at night in front of us with no taillights that was maybe doing 45 mph. My buddy swerved to miss it and over corrected, we went into a broadside slide up 35 that felt like it last 30 seconds. (Probably 5) started sliding off 35 and the soft shoulder caught the tires causing us to roll 2.5 times ending up on the roof. I went from the front passenger seat to behind the driver's seat. Had to kick the back door open to get out. None of us were injured other than I had a few pieces of windshield glass in my leg. When it started to roll I thought I was a goner. I think the broadside slide slowed us down just enough that the rollover wasn't more violent. Truck driver that was behind us and saw it happen was amazed none of us were hurt.

"There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre." Louis L'Amour
Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: HunterGuy] #9003880 02/11/24 06:07 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by HunterGuy
Not like y’all’s near death experiences, but I was hunting with a friend and he stopped to get Taco Bell the night before and let one rip. Closed I’ve ever come to death

rofl

That happed to me early one morning at the Alsups in Jacksboro many years ago.
Needed to drop a load, someone was in there already. When the big Mexican worker finally came out, the funk rushed right out with him, no way I could stay.

Dialed 911 and requested a HazMat team, still traumatized by that to this date laugh

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: Texas Dan] #9003976 02/11/24 09:06 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Several most memorable was staring down the barrel of a big ole hog leg around 1am in Galveston Texas.

Re: Ever had a near death experience? [Re: Jgraider] #9003980 02/11/24 09:22 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Jgraider

Pretty sure that's me.

Hey blkt2.......you've met your match brother.

I grew up Mormon and we have an aversion to waters. Would not catch me going down a river like that.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide