Print Thread
Week Night Dinners #9001027 02/06/24 08:51 PM
B
B Razorback Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
B
Bored at work so figured I'd start a conversation about what y'all normally have for week night dinners for those who cook at home. Figured we could all get some new ideas to whip up in the kitchen. For me, my wife doesn't cook, I do all the cooking. Our weekly lineup (in no order) always includes fajitas, steak night, turkey tacos, chicken/salad/roasted potatoes and a tortellini soup that feeds us two nights. What about y'all?

Re: Week Night Dinners [Re: B Razorback] #9001034 02/06/24 09:05 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
We really never have the exact same things weekly as I like to keep it fresh, the only thing we consistently have is salad night.

Last night I made this, it reminded me of broccoli rice cheese casserole, when I do make it again Ill just grill the chicken: Feta, chicken and qunioa bake
Tomorrow night is backstrap with wild rice and mushrooms
Thursday I will make homemade sauce for cast iron pizza, its just me and the kid that night so she picked pizza.
Friday not exactly sure what is gonna happen.

This with salmon was really good, Maroulosalata

We all enjoy this one, La Scala's Chopped Salad

We have also been blessed with a child who isn't picky at all, the only things she will not eat right now are peas(but who does) and carrots.

Last edited by Herbie Hancock; 02/06/24 09:10 PM.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Week Night Dinners [Re: B Razorback] #9001038 02/06/24 09:09 PM
T
tskin Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
T
Grilled deer burger with bacon wrap, deer steaks, grilled chicken, various stews, grilled beef, and crappie - grilled and fried.

Corn, okra, peas, squash, and a few other garden products. It is just wife and I so we don't do large portions.

Also do some occasional shrimp fry or boil; disc fajitas, and grilled pork steaks. We grill a lot for evening meals.

Re: Week Night Dinners [Re: B Razorback] #9001047 02/06/24 09:34 PM
B
B Razorback Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
B
I'll add two more. We'll have speckled trout and grilled redfish some nights. I'd definitely throw venison in there somewhere, but I didn't have time this year to get in the woods to get one.

https://www.saltandlavender.com/italian-sausage-tortellini-soup/

Here's that tortellini soup recipe if anybody wants to try it. Feeds my wife and I two nights

Last edited by B Razorback; 02/06/24 09:35 PM.

You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! -Davy Crocket
This is duck hunting...shirts and shoes are optional
Re: Week Night Dinners [Re: B Razorback] #9001069 02/06/24 10:23 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
main courses we rotate thru every couple of weeks ... blackened / pan seared catfish fillets, hamburger steak with mushroom/onion gravy, taco salad, chicken tenders, air fryer chicken thighs, ham steak with cream gravy, pan seared pork chops, fajitas (beef & chicken), spaghetti (use spaghetti squash instead of pasta), instant pot pork ribs, pan seared salmon burger patties (HEB makes several varieties). Sometimes the wife will pick up a rotisserie chicken that will make a couple of meals. I usually have a salad (using prepackaged Cole slaw instead of lettuce) with tomatoes/balsamic vinegar & salsa,

I've been really strict since the first of the year to drop some weight, so really watching carbs, starches, sugar and no fried foods ... down 18 lbs so far, so it's working.

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Week Night Dinners [Re: B Razorback] #9001095 02/06/24 10:57 PM
1955 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Usually something Mexican, tacos , tostadas, fajitas and so on with chicken or beef.

Re: Week Night Dinners [Re: B Razorback] #9001782 02/08/24 04:02 AM
B
BigPig Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
We have a calendar on the fridge, we make sure never to eat the same meal week to week unless it’s steak. We really try not to eat the same meal more than once a month. Tuesdays are for tacos, we have about 10 different tacos that we enjoy.

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: Week Night Dinners [Re: B Razorback] #9001792 02/08/24 05:06 AM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Changes from time to time but chili, spaghetti and meat balls, meatloaf, fried fish, blackened fish, tacos, tamales, breakfast, chicken Alfredo, lasagna, carne guisada are most of our go to’s. Steak every now and again and I know I left some out. Almost all made with some form of meat we shot or caught and butchered at home.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Week Night Dinners [Re: B Razorback] #9001904 02/08/24 02:52 PM
R
RussellWayne Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
tough one, last night was sloppy joes, night before was sheet pan quessadillas. frozen chinese food from heb, baked hot dogs, meat loaf, torellini lasagna, air fryer chicken thighs or legs, burgers, sausage and bbq sauce, tacos, taco salad, frito salad, grilled cheese and soup, air fried pork chops, spaghetti, crock pot ribs, air fryer chicken sandwiches, grilled pork chops, occasionally hamburger helper. In our house that is the worst question that has to be asked. What's for dinner???? wife and i kinda take turns cooking not on a schedule but it all winds up 50/50.

My favorite out of these is prolly the air fryer bone in chicken thigh. leave the skin on, spray some olive oil to coat and then i either use the nashville hot rub or the rottiserie rub. pair that with some ranch style beans, potato salad or a house salad. pretty hard to beat.

You have to remember, they might not be drinking as much as we are.
Re: Week Night Dinners [Re: B Razorback] #9002029 02/08/24 05:08 PM
B
Blank Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
We are really mixed, as far as eating goes. The wife takes a bunch of meds in the morning and has to eat immediately so fried or scrambled eggs and toast every day. I do protein powder and skim milk 4 times a week, then cook something different the others. Eggs, pancakes or French toast, frittatas, and quiche.

I skip lunches, but the boss is a grilled cheese connoisseur!! She can eat that every day!

Dinners is where we vary, and always try to be different. A meat, starch, and salad is the norm and I play around. She only eats cows, pigs, and chickens-no fish or seafood, and no game meat!! When I want deer, elk, fish, or anything spicy it's a single meal for only me. smile

Comes down to steaks, chicken, ribs, pork, pasta, potatoes, and many different salads

Beer and whiskey, 'cause you can't drink bacon!!
Re: Week Night Dinners [Re: B Razorback] #9002057 02/08/24 05:47 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I'm blessed to have a wife that is a heckuva cook, and she works hard trying stuff with game meat. I kid her about watching Pioneer Woman, but she has really picked up some good stuff, e.g. sheet pan dinners, etc. I grill occasionally, but she can put stuff together so quick, I quit trying years ago. I cooked for her on our 3rd date and told her about working in the Denton Country Club kitchen during college. She thought she was getting the whole package. Going on 32 years later, she's still a little miffed. I wash plenty of dishes though! up

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Week Night Dinners [Re: B Razorback] #9002101 02/08/24 06:56 PM
B
B Razorback Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
B
Getting some good ideas from y'all!

You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! -Davy Crocket
This is duck hunting...shirts and shoes are optional
Re: Week Night Dinners [Re: B Razorback] #9002174 02/08/24 09:16 PM
G
GunsUp18 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G
One night is usually Mexican. I put on a pot of beans on my lunch break then refry them at dinner time to make bean burritos or pair with tacos, enchiladas or carne guisada. In order to switch it up I've been experimenting with Chicken Masala, Singapore noodles, beef bulgolgi and a copy cat version of Halal Guys Chicken and rice bowl.

Breakfast for dinner is very popular at our house as well.

Follow my BBQ Adventures on Instagram and YouTube! @mikebowerstv
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide