Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: CWD article [Re: Creekrunner] #8991760 01/22/24 03:04 AM
F
fishbait Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
F
Thanks BOBO for the info..has anyone called Kerr wildlife and ask these questions? Seems though we all deserve some answers.

Re: CWD article [Re: fishbait] #8991774 01/22/24 03:38 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by fishbait
Thanks BOBO for the info..has anyone called Kerr wildlife and ask these questions? Seems though we all deserve some answers.

At best they are just gonna lie to you. At worst they will refuse to answer you.

When the whole CWD thing first started with the tarpley case I heard from an extremely reliable source that TPWD had previously tested 4 positive cases for CWD off roadkill whitetail that they didn’t report or make public. This was prior to the Patterson deer being found.

It didn’t serve a purpose to announce it so they let it slide. It was only a matter of time before they found it in a high fence or breeder scenario, which is what they wanted.

Now they are faced with two cases that disproves everything being purported about CWD and its “ooops, we got two false positives here”.

As mentioned this is nothing but a coverup save face and avoid having to answer hard questions.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: CWD article [Re: fishbait] #8991778 01/22/24 03:43 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by fishbait

all the student PHD etc grad assistants and biologists are just doing what they are told too.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: CWD article [Re: Creekrunner] #8991831 01/22/24 12:25 PM
F
fishbait Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
F
This horrible case of two deer getting the disease does answer some of my questions:
1. This disease may not be spread from deer to deer in the air
2. The disease may come from the waste matter from a deer.
3. This disease may come from the ground.
4. This disease may come from feed from outside the pen.
So, this leaves me with a question for the scientist : has there been a conclusion as to where the CWD comes from? I'm sure something has been determined and published. Some folks here may have the information.
Just curious...they say it comes from a prone(?spelling)...ok..where does the prone come from? I'm sure this has been determined and published.
I would like someone that has all the questions to give a seminar to give us answers.
One more question: if the disease doesn't kill the animal necessarily and it does not effect us humans ..then what's all this mean and why then be concern?
Just curious...

Re: CWD article [Re: fishbait] #8991900 01/22/24 02:51 PM
L
Longhunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L

Longhunter >>>-------> Make It Count!!!<><

Re: CWD article [Re: Creekrunner] #8991984 01/22/24 04:48 PM
F
fishbait Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
F
Thanks Longhunter for the video on CWD. I enjoyed it and learned a few things.

Re: CWD article [Re: NGHTTRN] #9040181 04/29/24 05:17 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by NGHTTRN
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Of course. So did they really kill the 50 deer?

Oh and its 66+1

They killed 67 deer that ALL TESTED NEGATIVE

Is it true that the two deer from Kerr are the only two TX false positives ever reported by the Iowa lab?

Re: CWD article [Re: Hudbone] #9040436 04/30/24 01:11 AM
N
NGHTTRN Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
N
Of course. So did they really kill the 50 deer?

Oh and its 66+1

They killed 67 deer that ALL TESTED NEGATIVE

Is it true that the two deer from Kerr are the only two TX false positives ever reported by the Iowa lab?

Yes.

BY Ranch, Crystal City TX. South Texas Whitetail
https://huntbyranch.com
Re: CWD article [Re: Creekrunner] #9040444 04/30/24 01:29 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Hmmm . . .

Re: CWD article [Re: Creekrunner] #9041301 05/01/24 07:51 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Wait, maybe there was another false positive - some poor breeder in northern central TX had a positive test last year in March and then the second test came in negative. Apparently, TPWD and TAHC hid the results from the second test. Again, hmmmm . . . .

Re: CWD article [Re: Hudbone] #9041309 05/01/24 08:08 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Wait, maybe there was another false positive - some poor breeder in northern central TX had a positive test last year in March and then the second test came in negative. Apparently, TPWD and TAHC hid the results from the second test. Again, hmmmm . . . .

After they had put out a kill order on all his deer too. A&M had the results and owner got run around from TPWD, He got mad went to A&M direct and got the right person that didnt know she wasnt allowed to release them, Owner knew the results were false. long time closed
herd and I think hunter killed deer. Hummmmmmm

Unfortunately an agenda around

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: CWD article [Re: Creekrunner] #9041419 05/01/24 11:35 PM
W
Wilhunt Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Does TPWD compensate the owner of these deer killed? Especially when it is determined the deer were not infected.

Re: CWD article [Re: Wilhunt] #9041441 Yesterday at 12:28 AM
N
NGHTTRN Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
N
Originally Posted by Wilhunt
Does TPWD compensate the owner of these deer killed? Especially when it is determined the deer were not infected.

Only breeders get indemnity funds from USDA/TAHC once the depopulation is done.
Doesnt matter if they test positive or negative for having prions.

The trace sites do not get compensated if they kill the trace animals.

The breeder indemnity pay is not market value or even remotely close.

FYI the one in Medina was a TC1 closed herd for nine years. They did the depop last month.

Re: CWD article [Re: Creekrunner] #9041456 Yesterday at 12:58 AM
W
Wilhunt Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Thanks,Nghhttrn for the info abut compensation for uninfected deer. How long does the rancher/ breeder have to wait before he can bring more deer in considering no infection? Not familiar with TC1.

Re: CWD article [Re: Creekrunner] #9041477 Yesterday at 01:32 AM
W
woodduckhunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
Still trying to figure all this out after years...what exactly is the “motive” of the cwd talk?

Re: CWD article [Re: Creekrunner] #9041483 Yesterday at 01:43 AM
W
Wilhunt Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
W
For me it is to learn woodduckhunter.

Re: CWD article [Re: Wilhunt] #9041566 Yesterday at 11:04 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by Wilhunt
Thanks,Nghhttrn for the info abut compensation for uninfected deer. How long does the rancher/ breeder have to wait before he can bring more deer in considering no infection? Not familiar with TC1.

The TP&W enacted sanctions go well beyond depopulation and include extensive terrain management like scraping 6 -12 inches of soil from the "affected pens" and then disposing of it. There is much more to it than just that. I believe this cost the guy in Utopia in exces of a million dollars.. Current estimates for another facility where TP&W is trying to exact some overwrought, draconian measures could bring the expected expenses to in excess of $1.5 million and yes, that is real money. Smaller guys are getting out as they fear a financial armageddon. I have seen statistics where the number of these facilities has imploded to less than 20% of what the number was just five years ago. If you don't like what these guys are doing, that is fine. Just be legitimate about your actions - something which appears to be missing at present.

Have a buddy who recently bought several thousand acres down south and yes, it is HF. On a couple of thousand acres, they had photos and first hand observation of only 6 WT on the place. Two bucks and four does. I was there when one of the bucks was shot and I truly believe he was a 4 1/2 year old four point and maybe five years old. Prior owners decimated the native herd in lieu of exotics. Think canned hunts - it had been one of those kind of ranches where they bought WT brought them into a large pen and then sold "trophy hunts". My bud has time, money and a great deal of determination. He is trying to reestablish the WT herd while seriously depleting the exotics. At this point, it is believed the auodad are gone and the blackbuck herds have been decimated. Now they would like to secure bred WT does to get started rejuvenating the deer herd. No TTT, no help from TP&W and I wish them good luck with that effort. Frankly, you would think TP&W would bend over backwards to help these individuals with the reintroduction of a WT deer herd on several square miles of prime south TX WT deer habitat.

Re: CWD article [Re: Creekrunner] #9041834 Yesterday at 07:08 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Great advances have been made in diseases that affect humans in the last 50 years. The reason for these advances is that scientists study people with the disease and come up with answers. Can you imagine how few diseases would be under control if the only remedy for human diseases would be to put people down? Even if those deer have the disease, I would think that more could be learned from observation of a sick deer than shooting all the deer involved and burying the carcasses. Just an observation of practicality.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: CWD article [Re: Creekrunner] #9041861 Yesterday at 07:52 PM
N
NGHTTRN Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
N
Hudbone, send me a message if they still want does.

Too late for bred does, but can get plenty open does this fall. I can talk you through the process if you want me to.

Prices of deer are doubled this year, FYI.

TC1 is the highest ranking a breeding facility can have with TPWD.

Re: CWD article [Re: NGHTTRN] #9041882 Yesterday at 08:41 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Hudbone, send me a message if they still want does.

Too late for bred does, but can get plenty open does this fall. I can talk you through the process if you want me to.

Prices of deer are doubled this year, FYI.

TC1 is the highest ranking a breeding facility can have with TPWD.

Their acquisition of bred does ended up working out. Well aware of the price increases - can't remember the exact price they paid, but it was eye opening.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide