Re: Baldwin indicted. [Re: Jimbo1] #8990885 01/20/24 04:00 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
This is all a show for the libs to say “no one is above the law.” He’ll get probation and a little community service which he’ll do at some queer outreach.

The trial will take place with a liberal jury, he will be found "Not Guilty." Only conservatives and Trump supporters get found guilty in this country now days.

Re: Baldwin indicted. [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #8990892 01/20/24 04:14 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
Since he played Trump on SNL I'm surprised they didn't indict Trump for it.

Please don't give the left-wingers any ideas, I'm sure there is a DA out there somewhere willing to give it a try...

Re: Baldwin indicted. [Re: Sneaky] #8990898 01/20/24 04:18 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
That loser should have moved to Canada like he promised.

Re: Baldwin indicted. [Re: Jgraider] #8990928 01/20/24 05:51 PM
M
Mickey Moose Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by Jgraider
That loser should have moved to Canada like he promised.

I'll move to Canada... did not move. I didn't pull the trigger... pulled the trigger. [censored] liar.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: Baldwin indicted. [Re: topwater13] #8990964 01/20/24 07:11 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by topwater13
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Originally Posted by SherpaPhil
I don't get this. It was either a terrible accident, or not his fault (assuming you believe he has no reason to think it was live ammo). By this logic, every actor who ever held a gun on set should be charged with brandishing.

I don’t understand your comment, at all.

I am not a fan of Baldwin nor Hollywood, but I think his point is this; the actor simply used a prop in the way the scene was dictated. It would be no different than an actor picking up a hammer to drive a nail.
Real weapons are used in movies and the triggers are pulled all the time. Is it the actors fault for doing what he has always done for over 30 years? There were people on the set paid to ensure the safety of those there. To me, that is where the fault lies.

This also relates to my Brandon Lee comment above....the guy that shot him was never charged....and even acted in other films afterwards.

He's one of the producers so he's responsible for safety meetings failing to take place and ignored complaints about safety concerns as well as overall safety on the set. I supervised very real firearms being aimed and discharged with Simunition at other employees during training. I had a safety officer who was tasked with the loading and firearm inspections, but I was still personally present and actively involved in every single process with every firearm. No way in hell a firearm with live ammunition was going to be in my training. That's what a knowledge, responsible supervisor does. He didn't do what ultimately was his responsibility so he's getting what's coming.

Re: Baldwin indicted. [Re: ntxtrapper] #8990970 01/20/24 07:34 PM
bigbob_ftw Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
I don't get this. It was either a terrible accident, or not his fault (assuming you believe he has no reason to think it was live ammo). By this logic, every actor who ever held a gun on set should be charged with brandishing.

I am not a fan of Baldwin nor Hollywood, but I think his point is this; the actor simply used a prop in the way the scene was dictated. It would be no different than an actor picking up a hammer to drive a nail.
Real weapons are used in movies and the triggers are pulled all the time. Is it the actors fault for doing what he has always done for over 30 years? There were people on the set paid to ensure the safety of those there. To me, that is where the fault lies.

This also relates to my Brandon Lee comment above....the guy that shot him was never charged....and even acted in other films afterwards.

He's one of the producers so he's responsible for safety meetings failing to take place and ignored complaints about safety concerns as well as overall safety on the set. I supervised very real firearms being aimed and discharged with Simunition at other employees during training. I had a safety officer who was tasked with the loading and firearm inspections, but I was still personally present and actively involved in every single process with every firearm. No way in hell a firearm with live ammunition was going to be in my training. That's what a knowledge, responsible supervisor does. He didn't do what ultimately was his responsibility so he's getting what's coming.

Fully agree.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Baldwin indicted. [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8990981 01/20/24 08:03 PM
P
presley Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

Rule number one, assume every gun is loaded. Rule two, don't point it at anything you don't intend to kill.

What I was taught and what I taught my son and my wife. I don’t believe in accidents when it comes to handling a firearm.

Re: Baldwin indicted. [Re: presley] #8990989 01/20/24 08:35 PM
bigbob_ftw Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by presley

Rule number one, assume every gun is loaded. Rule two, don't point it at anything you don't intend to kill.

What I was taught and what I taught my son and my wife. I don’t believe in accidents when it comes to handling a firearm.

My father taught it to me. Good on you. up

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Baldwin indicted. [Re: ntxtrapper] #8991127 01/21/24 12:22 AM
topwater13 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

So is that the angle for the charge? He being the producer and not an actor doing what actors do?
Again, I’m just trying to understand the comparison between the two deaths.

Re: Baldwin indicted. [Re: ntxtrapper] #8991217 01/21/24 02:31 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

When we do any type of Sim gun training, we have a very strict process for just this reason. Before going into the scenario area, everyone is patted down to make sure they don't have any live ammo or any type of weapon by two safety officers, only the safety officers can load the magazines, and if we leave the scenario area we are checked again before we can go back in. Rank doesn't exist in the process, no exceptions. Apparently Hollywood doesn't take it that seriously.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Baldwin indicted. [Re: Sneaky] #8991241 01/21/24 03:01 AM
S
SherpaPhil Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
If someone got shot in the sim trainings you guys are describing above, would it be the fault of the officer who pulled the trigger, the officer who loaded the weapon, or the senior officer who organized the training?

Re: Baldwin indicted. [Re: presley] #8991242 01/21/24 03:02 AM
S
SherpaPhil Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S

So Hollywood shouldn't make movies where people shoot guns at each other?

Re: Baldwin indicted. [Re: SherpaPhil] #8991247 01/21/24 03:10 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

So Hollywood shouldn't make movies where people shoot guns at each other?

There are other alternatives to real firearms that can’t shoot live ammunition. Google it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide