Forums46
Topics538,193
Posts9,734,125
Members87,072
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: The Dude Abides] #8990563 01/19/24 08:37 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I can’t comprehend why someone would do this. Cannot comprehend waiting outside.

The one constant I look for in these cases, is always the hardest to find. Almost impossible. It’s the toxicology report of the shooter.

Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: J.G.] #8990568 01/19/24 08:47 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by J.G.
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
It was sad to see the families of the victims lobbing hard for gun control at both the state and federal levels. Typical leftist mentality though, blame the gun.

Same thing as blaming car wreck deaths on the cars.

I’ve always had a gun on or in close proximity to me since I was 8 years old. Every one of them has just sat there being a gun and never did anything on its own.

Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: SherpaPhil] #8990571 01/19/24 09:02 PM
M
Mistereeee Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Originally Posted by SherpaPhil
Police officers don't have a legal obligation to protect people, at least not in the sense that they can be prosecuted for failing to do so.

Damn. Just looked this up, and you're right.

Suppose we were depending on their morals, something it appears they lacked.

Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: coachwhite34] #8990573 01/19/24 09:04 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by coachwhite34
Originally Posted by Mistereeee
Cowardice plain and simple, all the way down to the officer on camera saying if it was her daughter she wouldn't be waiting outside.

I don't say this lightly, or full of some sort of keyboard bravado, but if you're an officer and arrive on scene at a school shooting, you run towards the gunfire. I don't care what equipment you have, what backup you have, or what the suspect is armed with, you make your peace and go in. There were women and children in there, you don't stand around looking at other officers wondering who's in charge.

Cowards. Every single last one of them.

I am a member of our Guardian Team. I have been through extensive training. I am the first line of defense. I will go to the fight, not run. I figure there is a good chance Im going to get shot and die anyway might as well fight back.

Thank you for taking on that responsibility.

Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: unclebubba] #8990575 01/19/24 09:07 PM
M
Mistereeee Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Indeed. Thank you!

Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: The Dude Abides] #8990612 01/19/24 10:19 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
I really only blame the Chief and the officers standing in the hall way within the first 5-6 minutes. I think they could have made a difference.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: The Dude Abides] #8990724 01/20/24 02:37 AM
K
krmitchell Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
If you want charges, here you go. https://www.statesman.com/story/new...inal-charges-police-failure/72286868007/

I highly doubt any charge of child endangerment is going to stick but they are going to try. If an officer gets charged with that whoever left the door propped open should be a no brainer for a conviction.

Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: The Dude Abides] #8990736 01/20/24 03:34 AM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
No way those charges fit.

They are just cowards. Mainly just the first handful of officers.
This should have been over within 5 minutes of the first guys on scene.

State should take away their peace officer licenses.

Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: Roll-Tide] #8990747 01/20/24 04:06 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
No way those charges fit.

They are just cowards. Mainly just the first handful of officers.
This should have been over within 5 minutes of the first guys on scene.

State should take away their peace officer licenses.

I think you are spot on with your analysis, although I wouldn't paint all of them as cowards, following orders from a superior officer means a ton in the police profession, if you don't follow orders, you don't last long. The only question I have left is if the Uvalde ISD Chief didn't believe he was in charge of this scene, who did he believe was in charge? I'd like to hear someone interview him. I'm not sure it matters anymore in this country if the charges fit or if you even committed a crime, lots of folks being charged/convicted for crimes that have nothing to do with their actual actions. This was a failure from the get-go, and I think those first officers set the fate of everyone else involved..,

Last edited by Concho; 01/20/24 04:11 AM.

Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: The Dude Abides] #8990751 01/20/24 04:41 AM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I agree Concho.
I feel it Should have been over before a supervisor got there. If driving there, direct them to go inside, if needed.

At the same time. Responding officers are still not fully equipped.
Need ballistic shields in every car.
Need a hooligan tool in every car.
Most don’t know how to breach a door with a shotgun. (Breaching rounds).

Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: The Dude Abides] #8991004 01/20/24 08:56 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Saw this today. Hope to see more. May God help our teachers protect our children.

[Linked Image]

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: The Dude Abides] #8991017 01/20/24 09:23 PM
C
Captain Crunch Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
What's the right course of action if your commanding officer orders you to hold your position, but you don't agree with them?

Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: Creekrunner] #8991023 01/20/24 09:32 PM
TurkeyHunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Saw this today. Hope to see more. May God help our teachers protect our children.

[Linked Image]

Was right by there two weekends ago. up

To be determined
Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: blkt2] #8991326 01/21/24 12:53 PM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by blkt2
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
Now that this report has been published, I wonder if the local DA will file charges against any of them? They need to be held accountable.

What would be the charges?

Doesn't matter because they are just going to make one up to satisfy public outrage. Really at worst they should just fire any officer found lacking and call it a day. Instead they are going to twist some law like a pretzel and charge a few officers.

I was thinking like Turkey Hunter. I don't think cowardice is a criminal charge. I have thought all along that the county DA will do exactly what blkt2 wrote.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: The Dude Abides] #8991328 01/21/24 01:01 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
How can you trust the DOJ?

Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: The Dude Abides] #8991337 01/21/24 01:14 PM
D
Dave Davidson Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I was watching TV when the cops in the hall started withdrawing when they heard shots of children being killed. Bunch of chickenshits!

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: Dave Davidson] #8991372 01/21/24 02:36 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
I was watching TV when the cops in the hall started withdrawing when they heard shots of children being killed. Bunch of chickenshits!

I didn't understand those actions either. A one-on-one gunfight is like a boxing match. A gunfight involving multiple people is like a football game, once momentum is lost you're screwed. The officers on scene had what I like to call analysis paralysis. Once they lost momentum and began to overthink things they started waiting for the next piece of gear like it was some magical talisman. There is no special gear, it's like thinking you can only fight with a sword that you pulled out of a stone like Excalibur and you're waiting for the guy with the magic sword to show up . You have to fight with what you have and not what you wish you had.

Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: The Dude Abides] #8991436 01/21/24 04:04 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Who was the guy responsible for this shooting again? Exactly...he isn't even listed in the final report "So as to avoid Glorification..." They list him as "Subject" This is what the powers that be always do, turn the attention toward police and guns and away from the evil creature who committed the crime and caused all this grief.

Last edited by Concho; 01/21/24 04:11 PM.

Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: Concho] #8991440 01/21/24 04:13 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Concho
Who was the guy responsible for this shooting again? Exactly...he isn't even listed in the final report "So as to avoid Glorification..." They list him as "Subject" This is what the powers that be always do, turn the attention toward police and guns and away from the evil creature who committed the crime and cause all this grief.

The general assumption is that criminals are just going to criminal and there's not much that can be done about it. What they are concerned about are tactics in responding to the actions of criminals and what changes need to be made to those tactics if existing tactics didn't work. You also have to consider that this report was compiled by a political organization for political reasons and they're going to slant their findings to fit their agenda.

In this case well-established tactics of engaging a shooter as quickly as humanly possible and not letting up pressure on the shooter until they are dead simply weren't followed but they would have been successful if they had been followed. It's not like the shooter was a Navy SEAL, Delta Force or a Beekeeper.

Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: blkt2] #8991443 01/21/24 04:23 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by blkt2
Originally Posted by Concho
Who was the guy responsible for this shooting again? Exactly...he isn't even listed in the final report "So as to avoid Glorification..." They list him as "Subject" This is what the powers that be always do, turn the attention toward police and guns and away from the evil creature who committed the crime and cause all this grief.

The general assumption is that criminals are just going to criminal and there's not much that can be done about it. What they are concerned about are tactics in responding to the actions of criminals and what changes need to be made to those tactics if existing tactics didn't work. You also have to consider that this report was compiled by a political organization for political reasons and they're going to slant their findings to fit their agenda.

In this case well-established tactics of engaging a shooter as quickly as humanly possible and not letting up pressure on the shooter until they are dead simply weren't followed but they would have been successful if they had been followed. It's not like the shooter was a Navy SEAL, Delta Force or a Beekeeper.

I hear you and once again I do not agree with the actions taken by police that day, but who has the best chance of identifying the next mass shooter, the police, who don't come in contact until the shooting starts, or the people around him/her every day? They have a saying "See something, say something" but how does the public do that if they don't know what to look for or the common red flags? All these shooters are now being hidden from the public and their manifestos concealed from the public, we need to see the Evil People who commit these crimes and openly condemn them every day for the sick actions they took against fellow Americans. The Actor is where the grief and anger needs to be directed, not the responder who made a poor decision.

Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: The Dude Abides] #8991446 01/21/24 04:26 PM
W
Whammer7 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Not long after the shooting at Columbine, I questioned a SWAT team type as to why all the cops were armed, armored and trained, lined up outside taking cover behind police cruisers waiting for the nasty gunfire to stop before they made a move. I am not an expert in such things, but it looked really counter intuitive to me, I said to him.

He assured me that the whole playbook for such events had been rewritten and that the doctrine and training was to go in and challenge the shooter. Trust the superior training and equipment to take down a teenage crazy.

I could not believe that two decades later the officer in charge would blow it so badly. It's like nothing was learned from all the same scenarios in the past.

"Sometimes, too much to drink is barely enough"

Mark Twain
Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: Whammer7] #8991451 01/21/24 04:42 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Whammer7
Not long after the shooting at Columbine, I questioned a SWAT team type as to why all the cops were armed, armored and trained, lined up outside taking cover behind police cruisers waiting for the nasty gunfire to stop before they made a move. I am not an expert in such things, but it looked really counter intuitive to me, I said to him.

He assured me that the whole playbook for such events had been rewritten and that the doctrine and training was to go in and challenge the shooter. Trust the superior training and equipment to take down a teenage crazy.

I could not believe that two decades later the officer in charge would blow it so badly. It's like nothing was learned from all the same scenarios in the past.

The habits of years of repetitive training are hard to break (We were taught for years to wait for backup and hold on hostage situations), every tragic incident expose weaknesses of training, and it is hard to convince a young man with a wife and kids at home that he should run toward gunfire when his mind tells him otherwise. Not a single person knows how they would react until they have been there and done that...we can all play Monday Morning Quarterback, that is what the DOJ is doing with this report, but we cannot get inside officer's heads and determine their mindset.

Last edited by Concho; 01/21/24 04:50 PM.

Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: The Dude Abides] #8991459 01/21/24 05:02 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
One thing I will say about the DOJ.

They have no problem pushing full transparency to local law enforcement. They have no problem critiquing an obvious failure. Not hard to figure out there was a huge failure to further protect and rescue those children. I don’t need 600 page report.

They sure were secretive and non transparent about the unarmed woman killed in the Capitol. Sure we’re secretive about trans shooters manifesto. Even though no charges were pending.

Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: Roll-Tide] #8991464 01/21/24 05:17 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
One thing I will say about the DOJ.

They have no problem pushing full transparency to local law enforcement. They have no problem critiquing an obvious failure. Not hard to figure out there was a huge failure to further protect and rescue those children. I don’t need 600 page report.

They sure were secretive and non transparent about the unarmed woman killed in the Capitol. Sure we’re secretive about trans shooters manifesto. Even though no charges were pending.

Yep, you really don't need a report to know this was messed up from the get-go...I'm just wondering why the DOJ/Prowers that be, want to hide somethings from us but interject themselves in situations where the issues really aren't hard to see, and waste probably millions of dollars, while refusing to name the Actor in the process.

Last edited by Concho; 01/21/24 05:18 PM.

Re: DOJ Uvalde Critical Incident Review Active Shooter at Robb Elementary School [Re: Roll-Tide] #8991465 01/21/24 05:17 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
That's because the Department of Justice has nothing to do with justice. They should simply call themselves the department of power because that's what they really are. I mentioned in another thread that the party of government is the Democrat Party and they will use every lever of power in government to their advantage to push their agenda.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide