Forums46
Topics538,117
Posts9,733,142
Members87,069
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Land owner shooting your target buck. [Re: EagleEye55] #8981441 01/03/24 02:57 AM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Would be interesting to hear what the deal was from a work to play standpoint and what the future expectations are/were….if the deal was a future tense “ongoing” expectation by the LO and the OP broke the obligation by saying that wasnt going to happen then the LO may jot have any obligation…devil is in the details.

All I am saying is there is more to this story than we are hearing. Details have been selectively left out by the OP.

Re: Land owner shooting your target buck. [Re: Texas buckeye] #8982680 01/05/24 08:17 PM
E
EagleEye55 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
E
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Would be interesting to hear what the deal was from a work to play standpoint and what the future expectations are/were….if the deal was a future tense “ongoing” expectation by the LO and the OP broke the obligation by saying that wasnt going to happen then the LO may jot have any obligation…devil is in the details.

All I am saying is there is more to this story than we are hearing. Details have been selectively left out by the OP.

Certain details have been left out due to long story short and Im not here to throw dirt on someones name. All the details that matter have been explained. All of the agreements were in place and not violated. We are still incontact to this date.

Last edited by EagleEye55; 01/05/24 08:28 PM.
Re: Land owner shooting your target buck. [Re: EagleEye55] #8982907 01/06/24 05:30 AM
C
Curly Offline
Overrated
Overrated
C
His land. Bottom line. Sucks as it may. confused2

Last edited by Curly; 01/06/24 05:34 AM.
Re: Land owner shooting your target buck. [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #8983115 01/06/24 06:50 PM
E
EagleEye55 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
E
Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
SO let us get this straight, you guys (you and dad?) had already decided you would not be back next year and he told you he was putting up the camera and feeder to get pics to post the lease online?

And now you are complaining the dude shot a buck you had been following for a couple years and you are mad about that?

If you told him you were off the place mid season or even before the season started, you opened the door for the dude to change the terms you agreed upon, because you changed them....it isn't fair for you to change the terms and then expect him not to. It isn't fair to expect him to stick to the terms of a deal that essentially is no longer in effect.

The bigger question is what caused you to tell him you were getting off the place to begin with?

Sounds like there is a lot more to this story than we are getting and it doesn't start with a feeder and camera being put up...you are giving us a very jaded angle to this story.

If he had done the work to pre-pay for the lease for the 2023 season, it doesn't matter if he was getting off or not. Nothing on his end changed.

Exactly work list was always done prior to hunting season every year. That was the aggreement.

Re: Land owner shooting your target buck. [Re: EagleEye55] #8983152 01/06/24 08:36 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Ok just for grins, you said you had already told him you were off the place next year…why? Tired of doing the work for the lease rights? Did something else go down?

It seems something is missing here in that you started this thread complaining aboyt the LO shooting uour target buck and as the thread progressed you state you were already on the outs and had told the guy you were gone next year and he was getting ready to advertise the place to lease. Seems the relationship was broken already….so what happened?

While i don’t condone any “retaliatory actions” by the LO or you in this situation, maybe presenting the story in entirety would be more appreciated to help us understand what is actually going on.

I am only saying that since upu replied back to me twice. I will leave it alone if you dont want to give the details

Last edited by Texas buckeye; 01/06/24 08:39 PM.
Re: Land owner shooting your target buck. [Re: Texas buckeye] #8983180 01/06/24 09:31 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Ok just for grins, you said you had already told him you were off the place next year…why? Tired of doing the work for the lease rights? Did something else go down?

It seems something is missing here in that you started this thread complaining aboyt the LO shooting uour target buck and as the thread progressed you state you were already on the outs and had told the guy you were gone next year and he was getting ready to advertise the place to lease. Seems the relationship was broken already….so what happened?

While i don’t condone any “retaliatory actions” by the LO or you in this situation, maybe presenting the story in entirety would be more appreciated to help us understand what is actually going on.

I am only saying that since upu replied back to me twice. I will leave it alone if you dont want to give the details

A deal is a deal, if you don’t live up to the terms you are the bad guy. I agree there is not much the OP can do. You present an awful lot of speculation, indicating assumptions made on the land owner’s behalf.

Well the OP posted a query based on the information he presented. Feels like you are stirring the pot

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Land owner shooting your target buck. [Re: Texas buckeye] #8983209 01/06/24 10:18 PM
E
EagleEye55 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
E

I did not renew because landowner pretty much ran out of work and wanted me to pay up wards of 50 dollars an acre for the right to hunt. It didn't seem logical so I decided to not renew for the next year. There were no hard feelings from what understood. But things definitely changed after that conversation. LO progressively got worse each week of the season encroaching more and more. I kept my mouth shut and ate s@@t in order to be able to finish out the season. Also no one was " complaining" I simply asked the question.

Last edited by EagleEye55; 01/06/24 10:19 PM.
Re: Land owner shooting your target buck. [Re: EagleEye55] #8983249 01/07/24 12:53 AM
Texas452 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted by EagleEye55

I did not renew because landowner pretty much ran out of work and wanted me to pay up wards of 50 dollars an acre for the right to hunt. It didn't seem logical so I decided to not renew for the next year. There were no hard feelings from what understood. But things definitely changed after that conversation. LO progressively got worse each week of the season encroaching more and more. I kept my mouth shut and ate s@@t in order to be able to finish out the season. Also no one was " complaining" I simply asked the question.

You done the work to pay for the lease, the LO should have honored that, working for it is the same as paying for it.

Re: Land owner shooting your target buck. [Re: EagleEye55] #8983305 01/07/24 03:26 AM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Eagleeye, i am not trying to stir any pot, I was just generally perplexed when reading from the first post to the ones where it stated you had already told him you were not renewing and he put up the feeder and camera for advertising.

I can totally understand your side where you said the work was done prior to season and your end of the bargain was fulfilled. I have no beef with that at all. You said there were no hard feelings, and yet we have this post…clearly there is some resentment or hard feelings now.

It is possible the LO wanted to use that dead deer in his advertising for the lease, getting 50+/acre is going to need some juice to get that kind of scratch from someone. It is also possible the LO simply got greedy and wanted the money instead of your work and figured when you said no that he had free reign to do wjat he wanted on his property and while not violating his agreement with you to allow you hunting access, he felt it was in his right as LO to hunt his property as well….which it is.

I was simply pointing out your story was more complex that what you presented initially and perhaps getting more of the story might help explain the situation. My take from your situation is it might simply be that you valued the “friendship” more than he does and what you call a friendship may simply be a business transaction for him and when that transaction was finished he simply was moving on, in multiple ways.

Last edited by Texas buckeye; 01/07/24 03:30 AM.
Re: Land owner shooting your target buck. [Re: Texas452] #8983313 01/07/24 03:35 AM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Texas452

You done the work to pay for the lease, the LO should have honored that, working for it is the same as paying for it.

To be fair, the LO did honor his side of the agreement and has let him hint the whole season. Given there was no written contract on what can or can not be shot by the LO, the LO shooting a deer off his property is the right ye has as a LO. Is it a douche move after telling someone they wouldn’t hint deer outside the HF?? Sure is. But this is a risk you take when you have verbal agreements for things like this. As a LO myself, i would not get into any kind of lease for work thpe deal without the expectations and obligations being spelled out in writing.

I do realize there are plenty of people who are willing to ruin relationships over money. Money, or the desire for momey, changes a lot of people and not for the better.

Last edited by Texas buckeye; 01/07/24 03:36 AM.
Re: Land owner shooting your target buck. [Re: EagleEye55] #8983317 01/07/24 03:53 AM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
So you have a work for lease agreement with the landowner. You perform said work and you can hunt this amount of the property outside of a high fence area. Land owner decides to put up a feeder and camera on the land being leased outside of the fence. Shoots your target buck through the high fence. ?!?!

I’d talk to him about it. It’s just a deer. I haven’t read what kind of work you have done for him. If he crawfished on his word and lied to me, I’d whip his arse.that’s the only way to go.

Re: Land owner shooting your target buck. [Re: EagleEye55] #8984660 01/09/24 05:57 PM
G
Graycard Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G
Right now I lease out three parcels and I have a forth parcel I keep for my own hunting.

However, the lease clearly states that as the land owner I can hunt any of the parcels. ( In 20-plus years I have never done so.) Whenever you are leasing land to a group of hunter, or you are leasing from a land owner, a written lease is needed.

Remember, just because you have passed on a deer hoping it will improve for next year, the next guy has no obligation to let it walk.

Re: Land owner shooting your target buck. [Re: Graycard] #8984666 01/09/24 06:00 PM
E
EagleEye55 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
E
Originally Posted by Graycard
Right now I lease out three parcels and I have a forth parcel I keep for my own hunting.

However, the lease clearly states that as the land owner I can hunt any of the parcels. ( In 20-plus years I have never done so.) Whenever you are leasing land to a group of hunter, or you are leasing from a land owner, a written lease is needed.

Remember, just because you have passed on a deer hoping it will improve for next year, the next guy has no obligation to let it walk.

I agree with you.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide