Forums46
Topics539,519
Posts9,750,618
Members87,166
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: 10 Gauge] #8976878 12/22/23 11:16 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Bryan C. Heimann
I just think we way, way underestimate how far a juvenile animal will range. They might cover thousands of miles before they settle into a home range. Canines too. It has been documented.

And i don’t believe for a second that a biologist or any government employee for that matter, was just so damn efficient and good at their jobs that they found and documented the sole ranging animal in a decade.

Personally i have found a ringtail cat and a enormous black racer far outside their respective range and living there, not ranging through.

Yeah. A juvenile black jaguar slipped across South Texas, unnoticed, and made its way into East Texas to be seen by every single person living in that part of the state. That’s what happened. Makes sense to me. In fact, a bunch of them did that. Not any regular jaguars did that, since nobody sees them. Just the black ones have a penchant for East Texas. Oh yeah, let’s run with that idea.

Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: 10 Gauge] #8976880 12/22/23 11:21 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I just think we way, way underestimate how far a juvenile animal will range. They might cover thousands of miles before they settle into a home range. Canines too. It has been documented.

And i don’t believe for a second that a biologist or any government employee for that matter, was just so damn efficient and good at their jobs that they found and documented the sole ranging animal in a decade.

Well, that one juvenile ranging 1000s of miles that is has been seen by 1000s of people not only all over the US and Canada, but England, France, Australia, you name it. Here in Texas, that animal has been seen by countless people over the last 50 years, but strangely nobody has ever gotten a definitive photograph and none of those hunters that see them while hunting have ever managed to kill one.

Yes, animals do move outside of their ranges and then when documented, the range maps get updated. However, this isn't an example of a single animal living somewhere in Texas outside of its range. This animal is at least as common as Big Foot, right?

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: 10 Gauge] #8976884 12/22/23 11:26 PM
T
Triton$ Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
I hate to be the one. We definitely have black jaguars that range through Texas and New Mexico. So there are your “panthers”. They are real and i would not be suprised if there are actual panthers too.

Kind of like the mountain lions and red wolves in Missouri that don’t exist. Or the wolves of Wisconsin when they were extinct, supposedly. If they acknowledge it’s existence then it must be taken into consideration and managed, and government don’t care.

Lmao. That's a big no

Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: 10 Gauge] #8976885 12/22/23 11:28 PM
T
Triton$ Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Here is your missouri red wolf. 104 pound coyote, right, sure. That’s a wolf or at least part.

https://www.thewildlifenews.com/2010/12/20/104-pound-coyote-shot-in-missouri/

So you disagree with dna test

Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: Sneaky] #8976886 12/22/23 11:28 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Sneaky

Personally i have found a ringtail cat and a enormous black racer far outside their respective range and living there, not ranging through.

Yeah. A juvenile black jaguar slipped across South Texas, unnoticed, and made its way into East Texas to be seen by every single person living in that part of the state. That’s what happened. Makes sense to me. In fact, a bunch of them did that. Not any regular jaguars did that, since nobody sees them. Just the black ones have a penchant for East Texas. Oh yeah, let’s run with that idea.

Just about as likely as a lazy, entitled, incompetent government employee would be able to observe and document the sole example of a species ranging through this year. It is what it is.

That is why i liken it to Missouri cougars and wolves. This year MDC was forced to acknowledge the cougars ranging through here. They spend more time here now that we have elk transplanted deep in the Ozarks. Of course they don’t “live” here. But we are talking about common sightings a good 8-10 hour drive from where they “live”.

I don’t mean to hurt nobody’s feelings and i am sorry if I offended anybody. But they range through North America and the government and it’s agents are too incompetent to track them.

For that matter there is a world record bass in Lake Fork and probably a world record non-typical whitetail in Missouri no doubt. But that doesn’t mean you’ll ever see it, it is one of one.

Edit- look up Warner Glenn and the Malpai Borderlands Group

Last edited by Bryan C. Heimann; 12/22/23 11:31 PM.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: 10 Gauge] #8976888 12/22/23 11:31 PM
T
Triton$ Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T

Just about as likely as a lazy, entitled, incompetent government employee would be able to observe and document the sole example of a species ranging through this year. It is what it is.

That is why i liken it to Missouri cougars and wolves. This year MDC was forced to acknowledge the cougars ranging through here. They spend more time here now that we have elk transplanted deep in the Ozarks. Of course they don’t “live” here. But we are talking about common sightings a good 8-10 hour drive from where they “live”.

I don’t mean to hurt nobody’s feelings and i am sorry if I offended anybody. But they range through North America and the government and it’s agents are too incompetent to track them.

For that matter there is a world record bass in Lake Fork and probably a world record non-typical whitetail in Missouri no doubt. But that doesn’t mean you’ll ever see it, it is one of one.

No one is offended. We are laughing

Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: Tbar] #8976889 12/22/23 11:33 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Warner Glenn and the Malpai Borderlands Group. Yuck it up, lol

Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: 10 Gauge] #8976895 12/22/23 11:43 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Edit- look up Warner Glenn and the Malpai Borderlands Group

Offended? Not at all. To have your feelings hurt you must have feelings.

This is purely entertainment, for me. I enjoy these discussions. I also share your lack of trust in our government. It’s just that sometimes certain ideas don’t make a lick of sense. This is one of those ideas. I would put it in the same category as the earth being flat. It’s certainly possible. I can’t provide proof, one way or the other, but does it really make any sense?

Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: Sneaky] #8976901 12/22/23 11:57 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
To have your feelings hurt you must have feelings.

Touché. I agree. I, too, am dead inside. A woman can do that to you. But I still have my sense of humour, without that I would be actually dead lol.

I am not saying I trust every meth addict nor graybeard storyteller in East Texas, and I know they have a lot of great stories that are not half true. But ranchers are stacking them up (jaguars) a hundred miles away from the border, and Warner Glenn has stated in no certain terms that they are a privately funded group of land owners that are not likely to put jaguars back in the spotlight. The mere existence of the Malpai Borderlands Group is all the promotion they need in these modern times. It is interesting to say the least.

Last edited by Bryan C. Heimann; 12/22/23 11:58 PM.

Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: 10 Gauge] #8976904 12/23/23 12:10 AM
T
Triton$ Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T

Touché. I agree. I, too, am dead inside. A woman can do that to you. But I still have my sense of humour, without that I would be actually dead lol.

I am not saying I trust every meth addict nor graybeard storyteller in East Texas, and I know they have a lot of great stories that are not half true. But ranchers are stacking them up (jaguars) a hundred miles away from the border, and Warner Glenn has stated in no certain terms that they are a privately funded group of land owners that are not likely to put jaguars back in the spotlight. The mere existence of the Malpai Borderlands Group is all the promotion they need in these modern times. It is interesting to say the least.

If you're on Facebook you should join Texas black panthers and cougars: evidence and lore.
That group could really use your knowledge and expertise

Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: Tbar] #8976908 12/23/23 12:22 AM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I had my feeling taken out with my tonsils when I was 5.

Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: Tbar] #8976923 12/23/23 01:01 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
You might have misunderstood, and i guess that is my fault. I don’t necessarily have interest in jaguars or panthers. But i do have interest in Warner Glenn and the Malpai Borderlands and that is the only reason i know anything about jaguars. And i know for a 100% fact the range and distribution of all species is broader than they have been documented in modern times. And plenty of money is thrown at protecting jaguars, which really is shrouded in secrecy and for damn good reason. So it’s not so hard to believe they range through east texas on rare occasions even though we know they are a bunch of tall tales in East Texas.

It is as likely as it is not.

Last edited by Bryan C. Heimann; 12/23/23 01:03 AM.

Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: 10 Gauge] #8976925 12/23/23 01:06 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

I don’t think ranchers are “stacking them up “ as the species is not that populated along the Mexican border. Most of them live further south in the Yucatán

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: Tbar] #8976931 12/23/23 01:14 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
True. Not stacking them up like pigs in Texas but three dozen animals killed within 100 miles of the border, within a couple of years, is a lot more than a sighting or a tall tale. It’s real.

Last edited by Bryan C. Heimann; 12/23/23 01:15 AM.

Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: 10 Gauge] #8976932 12/23/23 01:14 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Yes sir, a woman can certainly do just that. On that, we do agree.

Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: Tbar] #8976933 12/23/23 01:18 AM
R
Retired and hunting Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
Twice in my life I have seen mountain lions in Hardin county, I have always heard of black panthers but I also heard of big foot but until I see one I tend to be very skeptical

Don't know where I'm goin but I'm makin good time
Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: 10 Gauge] #8976934 12/23/23 01:19 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
True. Not stacking them up like pigs in Texas but three dozen animals killed within 100 miles of the border, within a couple of years, is a lot more than a sighting or a tall tale. It’s real.

Do you have a reference to cite that?

Out of the 3 dozen purported to be killed, how many where black?

Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: Tbar] #8976935 12/23/23 01:20 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
There is a bear grease podcast series on Warner Glenn, if you like stories about the American west, gritty and tough people and cowboy stuff it is pretty good. And might open your mind to the possibility of jaguar sightings in East Texas and other unlikely wildlife sightings

Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: Tbar] #8976941 12/23/23 01:33 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
I may have been mistaken on some of the details but i am not gonna go back and look it all up for ya’ll. But the Malpai Borderlands Group is real, it’s huge, it’s private, and it exist for the sole purpose of jaguar conservation. And it’s on the border. I learned about it from tge bear grease podcast and it is a great listen but you’re gonna have to look up the episodes for yourself. Check it out, or don’t. But it’s time for me to check out of this discussion

Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: 10 Gauge] #8976944 12/23/23 01:37 AM
T
Triton$ Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
I may have been mistaken on some of the details but i am not gonna go back and look it all up for ya’ll. But the Malpai Borderlands Group is real, it’s huge, it’s private, and it exist for the sole purpose of jaguar conservation. And it’s on the border. I learned about it from tge bear grease podcast and it is a great listen but you’re gonna have to look up the episodes for yourself. Check it out, or don’t. But it’s time for me to check out of this discussion

You made my night. I haven't laughed this much in awhile

Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: Tbar] #8976948 12/23/23 01:48 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Jaguars in east Texas…oh man.

Never before or since has one been sighted there but a cat man in a podcast says so, so we need to open our minds.

What is your take on reptilian humanoids living beneath the earth’s crust?

Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: Tbar] #8976955 12/23/23 02:00 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
http://www.malpaiborderlandsgroup.org/?section=26

Over a million acres, fewer than 100 families. This is where they live.

Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: Tbar] #8976959 12/23/23 02:04 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker

Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: 10 Gauge] #8976964 12/23/23 02:13 AM
T
Triton$ Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
roflmao

Re: Black panthers in Texas? Expert debunks recent sighting [Re: 10 Gauge] #8976965 12/23/23 02:14 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
There is a bear grease podcast series on Warner Glenn, if you like stories about the American west, gritty and tough people and cowboy stuff it is pretty good. And might open your mind to the possibility of jaguar sightings in East Texas and other unlikely wildlife sightings

You’ve piqued my interest. I’ll check it out.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide