Forums46
Topics538,260
Posts9,734,930
Members87,077
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8972070 12/13/23 12:19 PM
Texas452 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I have hunted all my life from whitetail in East Texas to mule deer in West Texas, the only cats I have ever saw was bobcats, I killed one with my bow, but in the early 70’s my little brother, who was in the third grade swears to this day that he saw a big black cat while hunting on our lease in Gillespie county, he said he saw it jump in a cedar tree and looked right at him, he said he pointed his gun towards the cat , turned his head and pulled the trigger, then took off running, he jumped some deer, shot one ( his first a nub buck) and took off running trying to find our older brother, he was so scared he went the wrong way, I wasn’t along on this trip, but our older brother said he was crying his eyes out when he got to him. ?

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8974978 12/19/23 12:26 AM
S
Sewer rat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Flashprism
Been hunting for 65 years. Feel confident in my knowledge of our American wildlife. Hunted numerous states even the Colorado Rockies for about 10 years. Harvested elk, Mule deer and even encountered a few bears and a mountain lions on several occasions

I say this for I'm sure my claim that I had a black panther/ cougar cross the road at 100 yds in front of me on my way to church yesterday may not seem credible. Not a drinker either,

My place in very isolated about 4 miles from the nearest home in Dickens county.

As I pulled out my gate and went about 1/8 mile west I watched this large cat like critter come from the south to North crossing the road into the center of my property.

A very large animal which was way bigger then any domestic cat with a long black tail.

I sped up to see if I could see it in the pasture heading north but it has sufficient mesquite cover that it was gone.

My wife claims to have seen a mountain lion a few years ago while in her stand but to date I have never seen anything like this.

Wish I had a picture but this was only a momentary observation and is anchored in my minds eye as a unique experience.

With all the rain we have been having there should be some good tracks. I would be curious to see photos of tracks. There are definitely mountain lions in dickens county. I have seen very clear and unquestionable pictures from trail cameras before (not my pictures) and have talked about them with the wildlife biologist. Curious as to where roughly your place is. Mine is between dickens and spur with croton creek running through it.

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8975173 12/19/23 02:34 PM
D
DonPablo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
OP, you might have been drinking too much of that famous Dickens Cider. cheers

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8975226 12/19/23 04:08 PM
G
gary roberson Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
So far, we have no reports of anyone calling a black panther with the FREQ...I am sure it will happen.
Adios,
Gary

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Sewer rat] #8975397 12/19/23 11:08 PM
F
Flashprism Online Content OP
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
F
Sewer rat I’m NE of dickens just below Afton. Not looking for controversy or condemnation just thought I’d share with my fellow outdoorsmen what I saw. And I did see a large long tailed black cat cross the rd. You can’t avoid seeing that long tail swinging Bright clear day at 12 noon about100 yds in from of me. This happened before the rains so ground was hard. I have checked my game cameras hoping I had a picture but no such luck. I do have a higher awareness now. So If folks want to believe it or not I couldn’t care less. My wife swears she saw a mountain lion on stand 3 years ago.

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: gary roberson] #8975449 12/20/23 01:04 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by gary roberson
So far, we have no reports of anyone calling a black panther with the FREQ...I am sure it will happen.
Adios,
Gary

All that research/testing/development and you just needed a squeaky toy roflmao

[Linked Image]

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8975475 12/20/23 02:00 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Aransas Pass Panther here.

How we became the Panthers has always been a mystery for me.

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8975515 12/20/23 03:15 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Sewer rat I’m NE of dickens just below Afton. Not looking for controversy or condemnation just thought I’d share with my fellow outdoorsmen what I saw. And I did see a large long tailed black cat cross the rd. You can’t avoid seeing that long tail swinging Bright clear day at 12 noon about100 yds in from of me. This happened before the rains so ground was hard. I have checked my game cameras hoping I had a picture but no such luck. I do have a higher awareness now. So If folks want to believe it or not I couldn’t care less. My wife swears she saw a mountain lion on stand 3 years ago.

Can’t wait to see those pictures. You’ll be the first one ever, you know. That’s exciting.

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8975570 12/20/23 05:28 AM
P
pigplinker Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
popcorn

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8975571 12/20/23 05:44 AM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U

I believe your wife.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8975644 12/20/23 01:18 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
This happened before the rains so ground was hard. I have checked my game cameras hoping I had a picture but no such luck. .

Of course, there was no evidence. Then again, when there is evidence, it is always highly equivocal, like the black cat/red balloon image of a year or two ago.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: skinnerback] #8975647 12/20/23 01:28 PM
G
garyrapp55 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
G
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Aransas Pass Panther here.

How we became the Panthers has always been a mystery for me.

I hadn't even thought of it. Many of the Panthers I see around Oakwood are black, all 1A.

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8975723 12/20/23 03:18 PM
C
ChrisB Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
C
Now that’s it’s clear there is no such imaginary animal “black panther” in Texas. What does the O P think he saw? Does he still think he saw the first ever black panther in Texas?

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: ChrisB] #8975740 12/20/23 03:55 PM
F
flintknapper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by ChrisB
Now that’s it’s clear there is no such imaginary animal “black panther” in Texas. What does the O P think he saw? Does he still think he saw the first ever black panther in Texas?

I don't question that people have 'sighting' experiences.

I've no doubt that many folks have seen something black (or appeared to be black).

I have no trouble with that. But I wish those folks would be more accepting of the idea that what they saw (or thought they saw) was simply something (ANYTHING) other than a Black Panther. In other words.....it was mistaken identity.

Rather than apply logic or facts to either support or disprove their assertion, most cling doggedly to the idea that Black Panthers (Black Mountain Lion) exist and that they definitely saw one.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide