Re: 175 LF buck [Re: lubbockdave] #8972665 12/14/23 03:15 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by lubbockdave
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Originally Posted by BenBob
Would like to know some particulars on hunting a buck of this stature. Seen on game camera? Seen in person? Killed at feeder? Trailing does? Distance when shot? Seen most of the time in basically the same place or close to it? Have you seen bigger deer on your lease? Did you watch him grow up or did he just show up? How many years did you pass him up? Was he a bully at the feeder? Was he seen consuming protein regularly during his antler growth? Killed in his home territory? Just would like to know characteristics of a buck that gets this big, since this is about as close as I will get to one that size.

There's this thing called "asking too many questions." In certain circles, it can put you in a really bad way.

[Linked Image]

yep-last time we posted a nice buck on here some grub off here tried to poach our hunting lease-contacted the land owner and everything-good thing we had a rock solid relationship with said land owner!

AWESOME BUCK!!

Good leases are like Fight Club, don't talk about Fight Club.

Who tried to lease out from under you? That ain't cool. We out people for less than this on a bad deal from the classifieds.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: 175 LF buck [Re: tlk] #8972672 12/14/23 03:21 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
There's this thing called "asking too many questions." In certain circles, it can put you in a really bad way.

[Linked Image]

yep-last time we posted a nice buck on here some grub off here tried to poach our hunting lease-contacted the land owner and everything-good thing we had a rock solid relationship with said land owner!

AWESOME BUCK!!

Yeah, I can see answering any of these questions could lead to the location of your lease. Trailing does would definitely tell me where your lease was. And heaven forbid if you told me that he was killed at a feeder as we all know there are only 1 or 2 in the entire state. And I guess your lease was the only one in South Texas feeding protein? I guess the number of years you passed him times 2 plus 14 is the number of your lease owner's area code? And then the distance he was shot at is 1/2 the first 2 numbers of his cell phone? I was asking for characteristics of the buck, not an invitation to figure out where you hunt. I could care less. I could probably not come up with 1/2 of the money to hunt an animal like that, so calm yourself down. I just thought it would be interesting to know some of the characteristics of a big buck like that. If you are that afraid of someone abducting the hunter and shooting him up with truth serum, then don't post the picture. Now I will give you the response you were looking for. "Really nice deer and you are the great white hunter of this century." The vailed threat is also a nice touch. This has all the makings of a class D movie.

Hey Dude - I did not respond to your post - someone else did. So please don't tell me to "calm down" - I have shared tons of information over many years on this forum about how we do things on our ranch. You might want to make sure you rant at the right person next time?

Last edited by tlk; 29 minutes ago.
You can't fix stupid

I apologize. My fault.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: 175 LF buck [Re: BenBob] #8972923 12/14/23 11:46 PM
tlk Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

[Linked Image]

AWESOME BUCK!!

Yeah, I can see answering any of these questions could lead to the location of your lease. Trailing does would definitely tell me where your lease was. And heaven forbid if you told me that he was killed at a feeder as we all know there are only 1 or 2 in the entire state. And I guess your lease was the only one in South Texas feeding protein? I guess the number of years you passed him times 2 plus 14 is the number of your lease owner's area code? And then the distance he was shot at is 1/2 the first 2 numbers of his cell phone? I was asking for characteristics of the buck, not an invitation to figure out where you hunt. I could care less. I could probably not come up with 1/2 of the money to hunt an animal like that, so calm yourself down. I just thought it would be interesting to know some of the characteristics of a big buck like that. If you are that afraid of someone abducting the hunter and shooting him up with truth serum, then don't post the picture. Now I will give you the response you were looking for. "Really nice deer and you are the great white hunter of this century." The vailed threat is also a nice touch. This has all the makings of a class D movie.

Hey Dude - I did not respond to your post - someone else did. So please don't tell me to "calm down" - I have shared tons of information over many years on this forum about how we do things on our ranch. You might want to make sure you rant at the right person next time?

Last edited by tlk; 29 minutes ago.
You can't fix stupid

I apologize. My fault.

I accept your apology - I have made the same mistake - I sent you a PM to answer most of your questions

Last edited by tlk; 12/15/23 12:42 AM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: 175 LF buck [Re: BenBob] #8973087 12/15/23 12:41 PM
L
lubbockdave Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Originally Posted by lubbockdave
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Would like to know some particulars on hunting a buck of this stature. Seen on game camera? Seen in person? Killed at feeder? Trailing does? Distance when shot? Seen most of the time in basically the same place or close to it? Have you seen bigger deer on your lease? Did you watch him grow up or did he just show up? How many years did you pass him up? Was he a bully at the feeder? Was he seen consuming protein regularly during his antler growth? Killed in his home territory? Just would like to know characteristics of a buck that gets this big, since this is about as close as I will get to one that size.

[Linked Image]

AWESOME BUCK!!

all this from someone who has "undercover" as his location on his profile?...wonder why this is, but sure is ironic you busting my butt about not wanting to share too much information...nevermind...just put you on ignore and moved on wink

Re: 175 LF buck [Re: tlk] #8973591 12/16/23 02:29 AM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Sorry im late to reply but what a great looking buck. Hes got the score and got the look. Everything I like in a deer. Congratulations on another one of many for yalls lease. Lots of work pays off again.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: 175 LF buck [Re: tlk] #8974800 12/18/23 05:43 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Freaking STUD!

up

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: 175 LF buck [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8975239 12/19/23 04:37 PM
L
landsurveyor Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
Freaking STUD!

up

"A hungry dog hunts best." Lee Trevino

www.prospectlandsurveying.com
Re: 175 LF buck [Re: tlk] #8978310 12/26/23 02:53 AM
R
RANGERRONG Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
stud

Re: 175 LF buck [Re: tlk] #8979726 12/29/23 05:27 PM
E
ElkOne Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
E
Beautiful buck congrats to all of you up up up texas

ElkOne
Re: 175 LF buck [Re: tlk] #8979758 12/29/23 06:41 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Heck of a deer up
You have posted several nice bucks from where you hunt. You guys certainly have a good program going on.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: 175 LF buck [Re: tlk] #8979798 12/29/23 09:13 PM
P
pop r Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P
Awesome buck! cheers

Re: 175 LF buck [Re: tlk] #8983823 01/08/24 12:52 PM
H
heredeer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
so the nasty growth on his neck was actually a rock... but how did you get him to pose during his dirt nap without holding his head ?

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide