Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: ntxtrapper] #8974386 12/17/23 09:41 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by Texas452
Last Sunday morning around 2:30 am my wife woke me up telling me there was a sheriff car in our driveway way, lights on blowing the siren, I got up and poked my head out of the back door and my first thought is that I had a cow out and he was letting me know or going to help me, then he hollered come out with your hands up, I ask him what’s going on, he said something about assault, I said assault, what assault?
I told him I had to put my pants, by the time I got my pants on my wife was walking back in the door, he had already left, wrong address!!
I went the next day and met with the chief deputy and he was very understanding, and said he would address his deputies about this and to be a lot more careful.
I told him I was not going to file a complaint, but this kind of thing should not happen, and that innocent people along with LEO have been killed because of this sort of thing, then it cost tax payers lots of money.
We ended up having a good conversation mainly about protecting our children, he made the comment that they spend millions on one politician and very little to protect our kids, I was in total agreement.

"Oh Lord its hard to be humble when you are perfect in every way"

Gonna say this one more time - my son has been an LEO for years. I have done ride outs with him many times and until you do that you have no clue what these people put up with and do for us. They literally put their lives on the line during every shift they have. When they leave their homes and family to go to work they nor their family knows if they will come home again.

So Texas452 I challenge you ...... call your local law enforcement office and request a ride out with one of their LEO's and maybe you get a new perspective. If you do not do so then you just want to be mad at all law enforcement without truly knowing what their job entails - I DARE YOU to do it and then come back on this forum and tell us your thoughts

He won't. He thinks he knows more about the subject than the people who actually do it.

Yeah I knew he would never do it - if he did it may ruin his deep seated anger against LEO's -

You can't fix stupid
Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: Texas452] #8974395 12/17/23 10:03 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Anyone here know the age of the person who started this thread?

Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: Texas452] #8974401 12/17/23 10:09 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
People like him, have these ideas are the downfall of future law enforcement. Financially supporting these unemployed “”auditors”.

I cant wait until the next time it’s a purple headed, nose pierced cop who just smoked some weed shows up to help him. Or you have people who just don’t care, don’t care if they get fired.

Most don’t have the ability to process there are 700k cops in America. Each has at least 10 contacts a day. Times 20 work days a month. 140 million contacts a month. Almost all interactions are recorded.

Cops are hired from the general population. Mistakes will happen, unprofessionalism will happen. Criminal conduct will happen.
It will happen more frequently with standards routinely being lowered.

Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: Texas452] #8974478 12/18/23 12:27 AM
topwater13 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
I was hoping to get some first hand leo/thf opinions on my situation.

Maybe trapper can add something.

Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: blkt2] #8974495 12/18/23 01:06 AM
GasGuzzler Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by blkt2

Anyone know your age or if you're actually a human?

Pass the gravy.

Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: topwater13] #8974510 12/18/23 01:22 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by topwater13

It certainly sounds bad but I wasn't there either. I had a similar incident of not stopping where we ended up at a hospital and she had kilo of dope wrapped in a beach towel under her shirt. I had an assist unit already with me so it was not a big deal for me to deal with. All I can say is I would have immediately stopped and shown/explained what was occurring and I would think the Trooper's stress level would have been a lot less. When someone just doesn't stop, the sky is the limit as to why, so he may have been thinking worst. He might have just been a total azz regardless, but playing the odds, immediately stopping to quickly explain would have almost certainly kept his brain from dumping a bunch of stress inducing chemicals.

Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: ntxtrapper] #8974539 12/18/23 02:02 AM
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by topwater13

It certainly sounds bad but I wasn't there either. I had a similar incident of not stopping where we ended up at a hospital and she had kilo of dope wrapped in a beach towel under her shirt. I had an assist unit already with me so it was not a big deal for me to deal with. All I can say is I would have immediately stopped and shown/explained what was occurring and I would think the Trooper's stress level would have been a lot less. When someone just doesn't stop, the sky is the limit as to why, so he may have been thinking worst. He might have just been a total azz regardless, but playing the odds, immediately stopping to quickly explain would have almost certainly kept his brain from dumping a bunch of stress inducing chemicals.

Would you have written the speeding ticket?
My wife almost bled out after our first child was born and I was scared to death that it could happen if I didn’t get her to the hospital. Again, his presumed safety is more important than ours.

Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: Texas452] #8974582 12/18/23 03:15 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I didn’t write tickets to decent people but then again I wasn’t a trooper. It only takes a few seconds to show/explain a medical emergency and as long as folks stopped and did so, I would lead them to the hospital with lights and sirens which would get them there faster than if they didn’t stop in the first place. I can guarantee you though that not stopping got him out of his comfort zone and complicated the situation. I’ve had people not stop because they had a kidnap victim in the car, I’ve had them not stop because they were still holding the gun they just killed somebody with and a host of other crazy stuff. He had no way of knowing what was going on until you stopped.

Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: GasGuzzler] #8974600 12/18/23 04:13 AM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by GasGuzzler

Yes, because I have purchased guns from a few members here who are FFLs and had to hand over all of my juicy information when I filled out the paperwork.

I asked the man's age because a disproportionate response to minor provocations is caused the early stages of dementia. When a man becomes as irrational in an argument/discussion as a woman something is wrong.

Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: blkt2] #8974633 12/18/23 11:33 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H

Yes, because I have purchased guns from a few members here who are FFLs and had to hand over all of my juicy information when I filled out the paperwork.

I asked the man's age because a disproportionate response to minor provocations is caused the early stages of dementia. When a man becomes as irrational in an argument/discussion as a woman something is wrong.

Hmmmm and I was leaning towards youthful.

Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: Hudbone] #8974639 12/18/23 12:04 PM
G
Grit Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Hudbone

Hmmmm and I was leaning towards youthful.

Yep. He did say he had a family to protect.

Garrett
Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: Texas452] #8974641 12/18/23 12:26 PM
C
copperhead Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
I've gone to the or wrong address a few times, not because of anything I did but because the caller has no idea where they are and didn't give the right address or not familiar with the area they are in, language barrier, the call may have gone through several people before the officer actual gets the address through dispatch. Lot's of factors come into play, bad radio reception, no cell reception, unmarked addresses. On all calls we respond to, our actions and response is dictated by the accuracy of the information we get from dispatch and other officers.

Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: Texas452] #8974653 12/18/23 01:38 PM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I’m 80 yoa and haven’t even had a speeding ticket in over 50 years. But, back in the day, when I was young; beer, fast fists, females, immaturity, and really bad judgement got me looking at striped sunlight(jail) on multiple occasions. But, mostly due to youthful exuberance, females, and beer.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: Texas452] #8974681 12/18/23 02:23 PM
#
#Hayraker Offline
Chihuahua
Chihuahua
#
I'm not sure why everyone is allowed to attack this guy.

So much bootlickin.

#sigline
Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: Texas452] #8974682 12/18/23 02:31 PM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Op should go hang out with the cop haters on the TFF and the large following

Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: Texas452] #8974693 12/18/23 02:39 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Somes be more fragile than others.

Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: copperhead] #8974696 12/18/23 02:44 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by copperhead
I've gone to the or wrong address a few times, not because of anything I did but because the caller has no idea where they are and didn't give the right address or not familiar with the area they are in, language barrier, the call may have gone through several people before the officer actual gets the address through dispatch. Lot's of factors come into play, bad radio reception, no cell reception, unmarked addresses. On all calls we respond to, our actions and response is dictated by the accuracy of the information we get from dispatch and other officers.

thank you for your service Sir!

You can't fix stupid
Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: Dave Davidson] #8974701 12/18/23 02:55 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
I’m 80 yoa and haven’t even had a speeding ticket in over 50 years. But, back in the day, when I was young; beer, fast fists, females, immaturity, and really bad judgement got me looking at striped sunlight(jail) on multiple occasions. But, mostly due to youthful exuberance, females, and beer.

Back in your youth days they didn't have DWI or stuff like that, Popo would make you pour out your beer. Maybe issue a citation

Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: ntxtrapper] #8974711 12/18/23 03:06 PM
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
I didn’t write tickets to decent people but then again I wasn’t a trooper. It only takes a few seconds to show/explain a medical emergency and as long as folks stopped and did so, I would lead them to the hospital with lights and sirens which would get them there faster than if they didn’t stop in the first place. I can guarantee you though that not stopping got him out of his comfort zone and complicated the situation. I’ve had people not stop because they had a kidnap victim in the car, I’ve had them not stop because they were still holding the gun they just killed somebody with and a host of other crazy stuff. He had no way of knowing what was going on until you stopped.

Ahhh. I thought you were a trooper.
I appreciate your input.
I am done having kids so maybe I am in the clear.

Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: Roll-Tide] #8974719 12/18/23 03:14 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
People like him, have these ideas are the downfall of future law enforcement. Financially supporting these unemployed “”auditors”.

I cant wait until the next time it’s a purple headed, nose pierced cop who just smoked some weed shows up to help him. Or you have people who just don’t care, don’t care if they get fired.

Most don’t have the ability to process there are 700k cops in America. Each has at least 10 contacts a day. Times 20 work days a month. 140 million contacts a month. Almost all interactions are recorded.

Cops are hired from the general population. Mistakes will happen, unprofessionalism will happen. Criminal conduct will happen.
It will happen more frequently with standards routinely being lowered.

We need a LIKE button.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: copperhead] #8974720 12/18/23 03:16 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by copperhead

This happens every day for Law Enforcement and Fire.

The worst story I have, we forced entry. Totally smoked their front door, and the call had actually come in third party (you know that's always a problem). We were on the proper street, and at the proper address. The third party caller failed to say which city. And the call was not even in our city.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: Texas452] #8974728 12/18/23 03:25 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
RedRanger Patrolling Lake Grapevine in the winter time.

[Linked Image]

Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: Texas452] #8974734 12/18/23 03:35 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
RedRanger patrolling Philippines Airport

[Linked Image]

Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: #Hayraker] #8974736 12/18/23 03:37 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by #Hayraker
I'm not sure why everyone is allowed to attack this guy.

So much bootlickin.

He is not being attacked because he's bumping heads with the police. He is being attacked because he is having an irrational response to a minor incident and is trying to turn it into something that it is not.

Re: Ignorance is not an excuse [Re: Texas452] #8974741 12/18/23 03:44 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

[Linked Image]

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread