Forums46
Topics538,112
Posts9,733,105
Members87,069
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8967922 12/05/23 01:37 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
I once saw a liberal in a gun store. No, for real.

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Espy] #8967985 12/05/23 03:06 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Espy
Y’all are sure a doubting group. Heck y’all probably believe that chupacabra and Bigfoot don’t exist.

Chupacabras do exist. All the ones killed have been canids, usually coyotes, with sarcoptic mange.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Mr. T.] #8967997 12/05/23 03:22 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by Mr. T.
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Add to the conversation, there are thousands and thousands of game cameras being used in the state, never any pics of: Bigfoot, Skinwalkers, Chupacabras or Black Panthers.

stop trying to add logic to this conversation. it ruins everything.

Their elusiveness is second to no other.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: BenBob] #8968016 12/05/23 03:58 PM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted by BenBob
Originally Posted by Mr. T.
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Add to the conversation, there are thousands and thousands of game cameras being used in the state, never any pics of: Bigfoot, Skinwalkers, Chupacabras or Black Panthers.

stop trying to add logic to this conversation. it ruins everything.

Their elusiveness is second to no other.

Thousands of game cameras? Try hundreds of thousands if not more.

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8968058 12/05/23 05:04 PM
S
sectxag06 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
you did not see a black mountain lion nor did you see a jaguarundi. sorry.

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8968145 12/05/23 07:36 PM
H
Hogflyer Online Happy
Tracker
Online Happy
Tracker
H
The way i see it, post some pics of this critter! true pictures do not lie! unless your an internet guru
who likes to play games with pictures! then you can just leave!

Years ago we used to hunt Brady Tx area, prior to 9/11, there was sightings of a big cat, cougar to such,
sure enuff, about year later, rancher killed a big male killed one of his calves! front story on Brady paper....

Then i will believe this stories!

"Buy more ammo, save it for a rainy day."
Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8968192 12/05/23 08:21 PM
T
Triton$ Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Ringtail pretty much nailed it. I will add that jaguarundi aren't really much bigger than a house cat. Generally under 20 lbs. They also aren't really native to Texas. There have only been 5 ever documented in Texas. All 5 were in the 2 southern most counties in the tip of Texas. The last one was in 1986. They have never inhabited any other part of the state

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Ringtail] #8968210 12/05/23 08:50 PM
G
garyrapp55 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Ringtail
Mountain lions do not have the gene for melanism
Plain, simple and undeniable.

A large number of reports seem to come out of East Texas, where my land happens to be located, but I have my own thoughts on why that occurs!

My land is also in E TX. You're clearly a logical and therefore, most likely a sane person so I ask, please share your own thoughts. Send it PM if you don't want it out here in the open air, please.

I've been in E TX most of my 47 years and have yet to see a lion of any color, regardless of the amount left in the bottle at bedtime.

Last edited by garyrapp55; 12/05/23 08:51 PM.
Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: garyrapp55] #8968213 12/05/23 08:56 PM
T
Triton$ Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Originally Posted by garyrapp55

A large number of reports seem to come out of East Texas, where my land happens to be located, but I have my own thoughts on why that occurs!

My land is also in E TX. You're clearly a logical and therefore, most likely a sane person so I ask, please share your own thoughts. Send it PM if you don't want it out here in the open air, please.

I've been in E TX most of my 47 years and have yet to see a lion of any color, regardless of the amount left in the bottle at bedtime.

The funny thing about all the E Texas sightings is there isn't even a breeding population of Mt lions anywhere near there.

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8968216 12/05/23 08:59 PM
5Redman8 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
roflmao

AVOID.....Luna Canyon Outdoor Adventures Chacon NM Elk Hunting. Owner James Duran

https://www.huntnorthnm.com/

PM for details
Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8968261 12/05/23 09:53 PM
B
B Razorback Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I saw a mountain lion out near Nacogdoches when I was a kid. Too young to have a phone, but we were driving around spotlighting for pigs and turned into a field and there was one laying on top of a hay bail next to the tree line. Pretty cool to see. My dad grew up down there and said it was common to see their tracks down in the creek bottoms when they were exploring.

You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! -Davy Crocket
This is duck hunting...shirts and shoes are optional
Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: B Razorback] #8968265 12/05/23 09:59 PM
T
Triton$ Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Originally Posted by B Razorback
I saw a mountain lion out near Nacogdoches when I was a kid. Too young to have a phone, but we were driving around spotlighting for pigs and turned into a field and there was one laying on top of a hay bail next to the tree line. Pretty cool to see. My dad grew up down there and said it was common to see their tracks down in the creek bottoms when they were exploring.

I see lots of pictures of mt lion tracks from E Texas. They are always canine tracks

Last edited by Triton$; 12/05/23 10:54 PM.
Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8968310 12/05/23 10:50 PM
B
B Razorback Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I'm not sure about what my dad saw back in the day, but I was an experienced enough hunter at the time to know that the cat I saw that night on that hay bail was a mountain lion. Cat was way too big to be anything else

You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! -Davy Crocket
This is duck hunting...shirts and shoes are optional
Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8968376 12/05/23 11:42 PM
S
slow944 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
I work security for Pioneer Natural Resources in Los Colinas in Irving, TX. It's a 35 acre site and we have a family of Bobcats on the property. The male is melanistic, he's almost black. I have video of him and if someone will send me their number I will send them the video and they can post it here.

Thanks
Jerry
214-240-2027

I Have A 45 And A Shovel. Don't Mess With Texas!

According To "Kierchof's Law" Murphy Was An Optimist!

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: slow944] #8968378 12/05/23 11:45 PM
T
Triton$ Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Originally Posted by slow944
I work security for Pioneer Natural Resources in Los Colinas in Irving, TX. It's a 35 acre site and we have a family of Bobcats on the property. The male is melanistic, he's almost black. I have video of him and if someone will send me their number I will send them the video and they can post it here.

Thanks
Jerry
214-240-2027

Melanistic bobcats are cool looking

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: garyrapp55] #8968409 12/06/23 12:19 AM
F
flintknapper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F

^^^^^^

A Mountain Lion would be a rare sight in East Texas (and most other places) but COUGARS do exist in good numbers.

Most sightings will be in or around local bars (9-12 p.m. prime time) but rarely seen after 2 a.m.

They do come in different colors I am told.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: flintknapper] #8968426 12/06/23 12:33 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by flintknapper

^^^^^^

A Mountain Lion would be a rare sight in East Texas (and most other places) but COUGARS do exist in good numbers.

Most sightings will be in or around local bars (9-12 p.m. prime time) but rarely seen after 2 a.m.

They don't always come out at night. I saw a black cougar today at 12:30 pm in Montgomery Country. I was coming out the office to grab a quick lunch and there she was, right there. Didn't even have a camera or a gun, caught me by surprise. As I was walking out the door she was going in pushing a cart of Popey's fried chicken for an apparent lunch-n-learn for somebody.....dayum SON she didn't need another year. She growled at me, and I really didn't know what to think about that. roflmao She had that big ol black cougar hind-in that was trying to send shock waves to China with every step. Have to admit, I kinda liked it.........kinda got me to thinking about punching a tag on one of them.........

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: flintknapper] #8968427 12/06/23 12:35 AM
T
Triton$ Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T

^^^^^^

Unfortunately most people don't understand there aren't resident lions in E Texas. There is the very very rare dispersing male that might show up. Yet thousands of people claim to see them and all claim to be very experienced outdoorsman. They prefer to ignore the proof that says otherwise

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: skinnerback] #8968582 12/06/23 04:22 AM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
Originally Posted by skinnerback

^^^^^^

They don't always come out at night. I saw a black cougar today at 12:30 pm in Montgomery Country. I was coming out the office to grab a quick lunch and there she was, right there. Didn't even have a camera or a gun, caught me by surprise. As I was walking out the door she was going in pushing a cart of Popey's fried chicken for an apparent lunch-n-learn for somebody.....dayum SON she didn't need another year. She growled at me, and I really didn't know what to think about that. roflmao She had that big ol black cougar hind-in that was trying to send shock waves to China with every step. Have to admit, I kinda liked it.........kinda got me to thinking about punching a tag on one of them.........

I almost just spit my bourbon all over the keyboard... roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8969156 12/07/23 07:33 AM
H
HS2 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
The whole panther thing came from back in the pioneer days when they used to call mountain lions panthers.

That said, a friend of a friend’s cousin saw a black panther one time, so we know they’re real.

Podcast: Reasoning Through the Bible
ReasoningThroughTheBible.com
Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8969249 12/07/23 02:45 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Dark side of a mountain lion…. Yes…..black panther…..No!

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: skinnerback] #8969250 12/07/23 02:47 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by skinnerback

^^^^^^

roflmao

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8969323 12/07/23 04:11 PM
M
maximum Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
There's lots of things to be seen in e Texas if you get in place and stay quiet and
still and concealed from dark to dark and don't read or diddle with a cell phone
or drink a bunch of alcohol or anything else and don't devote any energy towards
anything other than quietly observing everything around you.
I've personally seen big cats ( in addition to bobcats) in anderson, houston,
and cherokee counties. They are for sure between the neches and the trinity
rivers, and the branches and bottoms.
I've also seen woodcock birds, 1 badger, crows without number, redtails, some
other different hawks (coopers?) timber rattlers, lots of copperheads, scorpions,
coach whips, cottonmouths, many armadillos, red and gray foxes, millions of
squirrels, bobwhites many decades ago, the big endangered woodpeckers,
a gazillion coons, a gazillion and a half possums, and lots of other things that
I'd have missed if my attention was on something else other than looking.
Last go round I saw a grey fox climb a tree trying to get at a roosting bird in
the early morning hours. Saw a doe fight once. Saw a bobcat stalking some
Tinks scent on a strip of terry cloth towel. Lots of things to see if you're looking
and not diddling with something else.
Might even see more deer

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Triton$] #8969670 12/08/23 02:06 AM
C
Catperch Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Triton$

^^^^^^

Unfortunately most people don't understand there aren't resident lions in E Texas. There is the very very rare dispersing male that might show up. Yet thousands of people claim to see them and all claim to be very experienced outdoorsman. They prefer to ignore the proof that says otherwise

“Proof” that there are no lions in East Texas? There are plenty of stories of “black panthers” sightings in East Texas. I live here and laugh at each of these stories. However, the ignorance to imply that all lion sightings are BS and there are no lions in East Texas is laughable. I am that East Texan described above. I’ve seen one while hunting hogs and 10 years before that one tried taking down one of our cows. Distinct claw marks down both sides and the tail was bitten off, leaving about 8 inches behind. If I had only known that it was proven there are no cats in East Texas. With that said, I do know the majority of sightings are not legit. But they are definitely around.

Re: Black Panther sighted in Dickens county [Re: Flashprism] #8969674 12/08/23 02:16 AM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
When was the last time a mountain lion was killed north of Hwy 90 and east of I-10.

I can’t ever recall a lion being killed anywhere near east Texas.

I hunted there as a kid and we heard all kinds of stories about what the tall dark timber held…

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide