Forums46
Topics538,507
Posts9,737,974
Members87,094
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: BigfootWallace] #8968325 12/05/23 10:58 PM
T
TLew Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BigfootWallace
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
I’m happy with the results. I wouldn’t want the state to steal my land either.

Was your land a State Parks for the last 50 years? If not I wouldn't worry about it.

No I’m just not a Commie.

Just an urban transplant. Might be worse than a commie in some circles lol

Wonder how all those Lake Bois D Arc folk feel. Wasn't a state park before so I guess they shouldn't worry about it either

Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: BigfootWallace] #8968335 12/05/23 11:08 PM
W
Wytex Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Awesome news! Another urban DFW developer is going to make a ton selling what should be rural public land to make ANOTHER development for subdivision people. What a sad deal.

www.kxan.com/news/texas/texas-will-...e-state-park-site-through-eminent-domain

Lets take your ranch by ED and see what you think.

End of the day TWPD got trumped on using ED to take a property they had the opportunity to bid in and buy but choose not to. Its that simple

My family property was sold to partially make Palo Pinto Mountains State Park in Strawn. I know all about how this works.

What if the state had said we are taking your property because we don't like the price you quoted us? Would they have just given it to the state?

Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: Wytex] #8968339 12/05/23 11:11 PM
68rustbucket Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Wytex
Awesome news! Another urban DFW developer is going to make a ton selling what should be rural public land to make ANOTHER development for subdivision people. What a sad deal.

End of the day TWPD got trumped on using ED to take a property they had the opportunity to bid in and buy but choose not to. Its that simple

My family property was sold to partially make Palo Pinto Mountains State Park in Strawn. I know all about how this works.

What if the state had said we are taking your property because we don't like the price you quoted us? Would they have just given it to the state?

Good question.

Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: Wytex] #8968340 12/05/23 11:13 PM
B
BigfootWallace Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Wytex

How many times does it need to be printed for you slow people in the back?

This was not an everyday deal. This has been a State Park for DECADES. Stop asking "well what if a frog didn't bump his a** when he jumped"

Geez

Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: BigfootWallace] #8968359 12/05/23 11:25 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
[Linked Image]

Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: BigfootWallace] #8968368 12/05/23 11:31 PM
B
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
B
[Linked Image]

They are coming to get all of our land.....

Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: BigfootWallace] #8968373 12/05/23 11:40 PM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
[Linked Image]

They are coming to get all of our land.....

Thank goodness in this case, some real men stopped them, instead of just rolling over like a submissive dog.

Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: BigfootWallace] #8968379 12/05/23 11:49 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

TPWD had every opportunity to purchase this property….they stepped on their dick then a bunch of worthless politicians grabbed camera time to “save” the park.

Your opinion is that of an idiot!

I not only live in Fairfield but used to work at that park!

The mine owned the property.

The mine was closed (thank Obama and democraps).

The property was put up for sale.

The state (TPWD) was given first rights.

They passed.!

The property was sold to a private developer with “HUGE” support from the local population and local government.

The park was closed.

Then a bunch of worthless politicians jumped into the limelight to “save the park” by using imminent domain.

If this had actually succeeded the taxpayers (you and me) would have paid several times over the original cost to buy it in the first place…..

Your issue is with TPWD and state government, not the developer!

Sorry it this hurts your “feelings” but those folks who run around looking for opportunities to be offended typically ignore the facts.

Am I sad the park is gone?…Yes!

Do I blame the developer….not no, but HELL NO!

I own my land. I paid for it and pay the taxes on it every year so by default I simply rent it from state and local governments…

Liberals are communists think differently….but that’s how we have our current “elected” government

Last edited by SnakeWrangler; 12/06/23 12:36 AM.

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: BigfootWallace] #8968383 12/05/23 11:54 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

AGAIN, where any of those ranches listed State Parks for DECADES?

If it wasn't a State Park for the last few decades its irrelevant.

so if I lease you ranch for cattle I own it?

Are you the State of Texas? Have you been leasing it for DECADES while thousands of random people (mostly urban like yourself) enjoyed it?

Apples to Oranges.

Retard runs deep in that statement…..

Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: BigfootWallace] #8968391 12/05/23 11:58 PM
B
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
B
Totally right. That area is much better off with as many subdivisions as possible. You guys need as many Dallas developers as you can get. The public didn't deserve to use that land. It's going to be so awesome once they get it cut into lots.....

Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: BigfootWallace] #8968392 12/05/23 11:59 PM
B
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
B
Talk about retards....

Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: BigfootWallace] #8968394 12/06/23 12:04 AM
68rustbucket Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Totally right. That area is much better off with as many subdivisions as possible. You guys need as many Dallas developers as you can get. The public didn't deserve to use that land. It's going to be so awesome once they get it cut into lots.....

You really shouldn’t post when your mad, drinking, or both.

Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: BigfootWallace] #8968395 12/06/23 12:06 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

That’s just stupid…..

As I said before, your beef is with the state, not the developer. I know, such a hard concept to grasp….

Bless your heart….

Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: 68rustbucket] #8968403 12/06/23 12:14 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket

You really shouldn’t post when your mad, drinking, or both.

Or just stupid….dont use alcohol or anger to justify ignorance….

Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8968406 12/06/23 12:15 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

That’s just stupid…..

As I said before, your beef is with the state, not the developer. I know, such a hard concept to grasp….

Bless your heart….

He's not gonna get it Snake, dude's all caught up in himself.... waste of breath.

Hope to see yall soon.

Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: BigfootWallace] #8968416 12/06/23 12:24 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: BigfootWallace] #8968429 12/06/23 12:39 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

When you consider the tax base to schools and local communities, local employment, and reduced crime….yes, you are absolutely correct!

Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: BigfootWallace] #8968471 12/06/23 01:23 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I don't think this thread worked out like the OP thought it would. Too many red blooded Americans on here for that.

Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: BigfootWallace] #8968478 12/06/23 01:40 AM
B
Big Fitz Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B

How many generations did your family own the land?

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
I was wrong...on anything technical.

Originally Posted by Sailor
Fitz............. is right, ya know............
Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: BigfootWallace] #8968482 12/06/23 01:44 AM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U

You don't get it. TPWD had every chance to buy it. They were given first dibs. They declined. Then, once a private citizen bought it, they tried to steal it through eminent domain. If TPWD thought it was valuable to the public, they should have bought it when they had the chance. Yeah, I'd love to see more public land, but not through legalized theft. I think the developer should sue the state for legal fees. This was a fustercluck of epic proportions on the part of TPWD.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: ntxtrapper] #8968486 12/06/23 01:46 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
I don't think this thread worked out like the OP thought it would. Too many red blooded Americans on here for that.

Naw man, he lives a little bit outside of Dallas so he's more red blooded American than you. He makes that clear on the regular. Talks [censored] to farm and ranch owners on here that maintain their own chit, but also live in a city....but anyway...

BigmouthWallace spoke of views from the homestead.......I would give a testicle, and maybe an arm, to have the view that Creekrunner has of his ranch from his porch in the Hill Country. Absolutely beautiful and don't look nothing like Santo, Tx.

Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: BigfootWallace] #8968496 12/06/23 02:00 AM
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Eminent domain is one of, if no the most undemocratic tools the state has. Even when it’s used properly for highway expansion or something (and this Fairfield deal was an absolute cluster by the state from the start), it is wrong, in my opinion. The state should have to pay way more than fair market value for taking land someone doesn’t want to sell just out of principle.

In this case, though, it’s even worse. I would’ve preferred for it to remain a state park, but not at the expense of trampling private property rights by condemning it and trying to steal it for $85 million when it was sold on the fair market for $100 million. This is an all-time blunder by the state and I’m glad it decided to quit perusing eminent domain. The state should have purchased it when it had the chance. It should’ve remained a state park, but they screwed that up from the start.

Doubling down on mistakes is even worse. And I don’t think much of Todd or how he handled it either, but I respect his right to purchase land and not have it taken because the state realized its mistake after 50 years of a sweetheart deal.

I guess I’m just a city dweller, but I’ve got principles, and the state using its power to take private land by force because it fumbled the ball on the 1 yard line goes against those principles.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: BigfootWallace] #8968553 12/06/23 03:15 AM
M
machinist Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
I worked for the company that originally built the lake and owned the land. Basically the State squatted on the land at Texas Utilities generosity for the afore mentioned 50 years. They never paid anything for a lease. They did put in some facilities but I have seen some people say they were rundown and needed dollars spent to bring it back to acceptable condition.
Since less than 1 per cent of the people in Texas used the park I can’t believe it will be missed by too many people that aren’t fishermen

Last edited by machinist; 12/06/23 03:16 AM.

some people like silver and gold
I like brass and lead with a little powder in between
Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: skinnerback] #8968571 12/06/23 03:45 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by skinnerback

Naw man, he lives a little bit outside of Dallas so he's more red blooded American than you. He makes that clear on the regular. Talks [censored] to farm and ranch owners on here that maintain their own chit, but also live in a city....but anyway...

BigmouthWallace spoke of views from the homestead.......I would give a testicle, and maybe an arm, to have the view that Creekrunner has of his ranch from his porch in the Hill Country. Absolutely beautiful and don't look nothing like Santo, Tx.

I didn’t realize he was in Santo. That’s so close to Weatherford/DFW it’s not even close to the country. What a joke roflmao

Re: Texas will no longer try to seize former Fairfield Lake State Park site through eminent domain [Re: BigfootWallace] #8968603 12/06/23 05:44 AM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Was your land a State Parks for the last 50 years? If not I wouldn't worry about it.

Were the properties that Arlington "acquired" for Jerry World state parks for 50 parks?

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide