Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding #8957142 11/17/23 08:31 PM
Phishtales Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
FYI.....

Cant say enough about the customer service and warranty. Had an issue with my Viper binos. I sent them in on Monday. Got them overnighted back and fully repaired 4 days later. Crazy fast turnaround, no charge. They definitely stand behind their products.

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Phishtales] #8957178 11/17/23 09:42 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Practice makes perfect.

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Phishtales] #8957227 11/17/23 11:24 PM
T
TPACK Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Thats what I`ve always heard. salute

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: ntxtrapper] #8957258 11/18/23 12:33 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Practice makes perfect.

Yep. It’s no secret that Vortex has a warranty that is second to none. Nobody has a single bad thing to say about that part of their business model. We’ve all heard hundreds of stories about their phenomenal customer service and limitless warranty. But, does that say more about their warranty or more about their product quality?

When I’m in the field with thousands of dollars invested into a serious hunt that requires the utmost from my equipment, a warranty doesn’t do diddley squat. I need a robust product that will deliver in the most demanding conditions. Vortex does not make that product. So, if it makes you happy to buy their products and send them in to be fixed all the time, then knock yourself out. That’s just not my idea of a solid hunting investment.

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Phishtales] #8957288 11/18/23 01:29 AM
D
DStroud Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
I have been using their products for 30 years and have never had to return even one of their products so far. They make a wide range of price point for the market so if you buy the cheapest they make I would hazard a guess it would more prone to failure under use.
I have bought products from them that I have been disappointed in or didn’t meet my expectations but they never failed so I moved them on down the road.
At the same time I haven’t really been a fan boy of Vortex either but recently that changed a little.
Read that here and read to the end because my first post only tells half the story.
https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/8939331/vortex-exceptional-cs#Post8939331

I have since bought another of their Gen III scopes and can say they are top tier.

Last edited by DStroud; 11/18/23 01:32 AM.

"Anyone taking up handloading necessarily plays with unknown factors and takes chances. But so does anyone who drives a car,goes to a cocktail party,eats in a restaurant,or gets married."

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Sneaky] #8957290 11/18/23 01:31 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Practice makes perfect.

Yep. It’s no secret that Vortex has a warranty that is second to none. Nobody has a single bad thing to say about that part of their business model. We’ve all heard hundreds of stories about their phenomenal customer service and limitless warranty. But, does that say more about their warranty or more about their product quality?

When I’m in the field with thousands of dollars invested into a serious hunt that requires the utmost from my equipment, a warranty doesn’t do diddley squat. I need a robust product that will deliver in the most demanding conditions. Vortex does not make that product. So, if it makes you happy to buy their products and send them in to be fixed all the time, then knock yourself out. That’s just not my idea of a solid hunting investment.

You saved me a bunch of typing.

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Phishtales] #8957291 11/18/23 01:31 AM
F
Flashprism Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
F
I have owned for the past 7 years VORTEX products. 3 scopes, 3 pairs of binos and a range finder.. Recently to my surprise my 10x40 diamond backs showed a defect.
I'm at my cabin with no computer capability. I called customer service and was amazed with the support. Couldn't print a label so they sent one. They paid all freight and I had a new pair in less than a week.

Common sense tells you if you have a chronic quality problems with this amazing customer service you will not survive as a business very long

I switched all my optics to Vortex after routinely getting the run around and horrible customer service from Bushnell, Leupold and other products.

If your blessed with unlimited financial resources and can buy the ultimate best in all your toys. I can see not going to Vortex. However their product cost is reasonable and having their products for 7 years, being retired and hunting every day of the season, and only having one quality issue I'll stay with a manufacturer who stands by their products and keeps me in the field for maximum enjoyment,

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Phishtales] #8957296 11/18/23 01:45 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I'm sure it's just engrained in me from my career, that any firearm or optic I own, I may have to trust my life to it. Because of this, I will not own anything made by Vortex. I will settle for a lot of things but not those items.

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Flashprism] #8957320 11/18/23 02:40 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Flashprism
I have owned for the past 7 years VORTEX products. 3 scopes, 3 pairs of binos and a range finder.. Recently to my surprise my 10x40 diamond backs showed a defect.
I'm at my cabin with no computer capability. I called customer service and was amazed with the support. Couldn't print a label so they sent one. They paid all freight and I had a new pair in less than a week.

Common sense tells you if you have a chronic quality problems with this amazing customer service you will not survive as a business very long

I switched all my optics to Vortex after routinely getting the run around and horrible customer service from Bushnell, Leupold and other products.

If your blessed with unlimited financial resources and can buy the ultimate best in all your toys. I can see not going to Vortex. However their product cost is reasonable and having their products for 7 years, being retired and hunting every day of the season, and only having one quality issue I'll stay with a manufacturer who stands by their products and keeps me in the field for maximum enjoyment,

I can certainly understand that position. I also understand that most people on this forum are sniping whitetails under a feeder at 100 yards. That’s fine, and Vortex makes plenty of products to suit that sort of endeavor. I do plenty of that and enjoy it. However, I do some actual hunting, and I’ve taken Vortex along for that ride. They have failed me in that scenario. They have also failed many others in that scenario. In each and every case, they have honored their warranty. In each and every case that warranty did absolutely nothing to fill that tag. Reliability fills tags, not warranties. Use whatever the hell you want to, but the people that actually use their equipment avoid Vortex.

And if you want to make this a financial issue, there’s plenty of products out there that are just as good for the same money or less.

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: ntxtrapper] #8957323 11/18/23 02:47 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I'm sure it's just engrained in me from my career, that any firearm or optic I own, I may have to trust my life to it. Because of this, I will not own anything made by Vortex. I will settle for a lot of things but not those items.

I’m thankful to have never made my equipment choices in the same manner that you have, but I also feel like when it really matters, reliable is the most important function. To me, at least, that’s number one. And I dare anyone to convince me that Vortex is reliable.

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Sneaky] #8957353 11/18/23 03:51 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

I’m thankful to have never made my equipment choices in the same manner that you have, but I also feel like when it really matters, reliable is the most important function. To me, at least, that’s number one. And I dare anyone to convince me that Vortex is reliable.

I’d like to hear the vortex customer service call of someone asking them to reimburse them for their bear license and hunt costs because their product failed in the middle of a hunt roflmao

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: ntxtrapper] #8957356 11/18/23 03:54 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

I’d like to hear the vortex customer service call of someone asking them to reimburse them for their bear license and hunt costs because their product failed in the middle of a hunt roflmao

Now that would be some customer service.

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Phishtales] #8957434 11/18/23 12:58 PM
R
RattlesnakeDan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
I have a couple cheap Vortex scopes, under $200. They are unacceptable in low light. The wash out is insane, they are alomost useless in a lowlight situation, which is primarily when you need them the most. During the day when the sun is high and the light is bright they are clear and work well but that is not good enough.

Just like Jesus, sometimes you gotta kill some hogs.
Lone Star Mesquite . com
RattleSnake Dan's Shredding Service
Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Phishtales] #8957694 11/18/23 09:59 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Between myself and my buddy who guided hunts over 16 years, we've sent back several Swarovski scopes, Leica binos, a Zeiss spotter, a couple of Leupold scopes, and a Sig bino/rf. They all have customer service departments for a reason. What Vortex did for it's customers when they got screwed over by Liberty Optics is beyond what any one of them would have ever done. You Vortex hater's need to come to grips with that fact. Just spent 10 days whitetail hunting in the TX Panhandle. The Fury AB's are a superb piece of equipment.

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Jgraider] #8957702 11/18/23 10:10 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Jgraider
Between myself and my buddy who guided hunts over 16 years, we've sent back several Swarovski scopes, Leica binos, a Zeiss spotter, a couple of Leupold scopes, and a Sig bino/rf. They all have customer service departments for a reason. What Vortex did for it's customers when they got screwed over by Liberty Optics is beyond what any one of them would have ever done. You Vortex hater's need to come to grips with that fact. Just spent 10 days whitetail hunting in the TX Panhandle. The Fury AB's are a superb piece of equipment.

I’m going to hold the equipment at least partially responsible for my miss in Canada this year. It picked up a tree at least 20 yards in front of the moose that wasn’t directly in the line of sight of the animal. That said, prior to that I’ve used vortex binos with great success.

Myself and my business partner both own the Fury’s and his has helped take stone sheep, Marco Polo sheep and a slew of African game.

I do not care for their scopes.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Flashprism] #8957756 11/19/23 12:22 AM
F
flintknapper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Flashprism

[color:#FF0000]^^^^^

I would argue that (to some degree).

Yes, IF you build a horrible product....eventually everyone will quit buying it.

But you can build a subpar product (quality wise) charge twice what it is worth and do just fine 'warranty wise' BECAUSE:

Vortex has figured the 'replacement' cost into the original retail cost of the item sold. So IF the product comes back....its no loss to them. Most of the products won't come back, so that is good profit.

I would be much happier IF Vortex would simply put more quality into their products and offer a 'limited' warranty. I am in the same camp as the others who want reliability, not a 'great' (no questions asked) warranty that you've already paid for and might be more likely to have to use.

Last edited by flintknapper; 11/19/23 12:38 AM.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Phishtales] #8957770 11/19/23 12:53 AM
D
DStroud Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
I think this has been pointed out but if you get Vortex’s upper lineup of products they are of equal to or better than a most any Leupold/ Burris/ Bushnell/ Nightforce/ Sig Sauer

I have two of their Gen III scopes and I sold a Tangent Theta to buy one of them because the Vortex is so close there was just no way to justify the extra 2500.00 for a TT when the Vortex is just right there with it.
I recently saw a list of scopes used by shooters in the World 22 Rimfire PRS championships in Italy. Vortex was the most used by a long shot.
I shot a match today and I would guess half the shooters were using Vortex with all other brands filling in the rest…. I was using a Zeiss S5 5-25x56 cheers

"Anyone taking up handloading necessarily plays with unknown factors and takes chances. But so does anyone who drives a car,goes to a cocktail party,eats in a restaurant,or gets married."

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: DStroud] #8957791 11/19/23 01:31 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by DStroud
I think this has been pointed out but if you get Vortex’s upper lineup of products they are of equal to or better than a most any Leupold/ Burris/ Bushnell/ Nightforce/ Sig Sauer

I have two of their Gen III scopes and I sold a Tangent Theta to buy one of them because the Vortex is so close there was just no way to justify the extra 2500.00 for a TT when the Vortex is just right there with it.
I recently saw a list of scopes used by shooters in the World 22 Rimfire PRS championships in Italy. Vortex was the most used by a long shot.
I shot a match today and I would guess half the shooters were using Vortex with all other brands filling in the rest.

Matches aren't exactly a demanding setting for an optic compared to a Western state/Alaskan hunt.

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Phishtales] #8957834 11/19/23 03:20 AM
D
DStroud Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Slightly different demands but I would say opposite… I probably twisted the elevation knobs parallax and power today more than an average hunter would in 10 seasons. Everything has to run perfectly and return to a perfect zero on every stage and on a couple stages I dialed twelve times in under 2 minutes.
It would be true that if my scope went down I would at worse be out a few hundred dollars in entry fees hotel gas etc and not 1000’s like an out of state hunt but most times there is a backup setup just in case.

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Phishtales] #8957933 11/19/23 01:44 PM
H
Hogflyer Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Good to know! im fixin to order a new .22 scope for a new Ruger American here, good to see
factory support! Been happy with my 10X vortex binocs i got few years back. No complaints sofar!

Good luck....

"Buy more ammo, save it for a rainy day."
Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Phishtales] #8958880 11/21/23 12:22 AM
71Rcode Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
I had a great customer experience with them too.

NRA Life Member & GOA Member
Always interested in Marlins. Let me know what you have for sale!
Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Phishtales] #8958934 11/21/23 01:13 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Everyone has had a great customer experience with Vortex because everyone has had to contact them. My grandmother even loves their customer support, and she doesn’t even own an optic. That’s how awful their products are! roflmao

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Sneaky] #8959003 11/21/23 02:10 AM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Everyone has had a great customer experience with Vortex because everyone has had to contact them. My grandmother even loves their customer support, and she doesn’t even own an optic. That’s how awful their products are! roflmao

That's pretty freaking funny!

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Jgraider] #8959024 11/21/23 02:27 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Jgraider

That's pretty freaking funny!

Thank you for understanding my humor.

Re: Vortex Customer Service and warranty...Outstanding [Re: Phishtales] #8959304 11/21/23 03:37 PM
B
BassBuster1 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
B
Autozone/ORiely sell cheap, lifetime warranty a lot of their parts, and then make it easy to get replacements (you know "free" crap, what everyone calls customer service these days) because they are bad and know they will fail... Sounds like the same model...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide