Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: J.G.] #8941481 10/23/23 12:07 AM
R
RiverRider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Originally Posted by J.G.
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Had the Labradar out today. Hadn't used it in five months or so and couldn't remember how to get through some of the review functions. Anyway, I set it up for checking some 9mm loads this afternoon and when I was playing with it I saw that I can get readings beyond 100 yards so now I'm scratching my head. I'll have to completely refamiliarize myself with the danged thing.
scratch

Labradar gathers velocities at 200 yards for me on a weekly basis. This week was two different bullets out of 7 Rem Mag. About 40 rounds. Just aim it at the 200 yard berm.

I somehow came to believe the software limited readings to as far as 100 yards. I think I was just pushing the buttons wrong or something. I'm gonna drag mine back out and play with it some more. I need to do that anyway...been too long since I used it.

My Labradar has worked well for me since I bought it. If I didn't have one already I'd be sure and take advantage of the ones being tossed out into the market. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling some of the guys who are dumping their Labradar and replacing them with the Garmin may wish they'd not done that.

[Linked Image]

"Arguing with you always makes me thirsty."

-Augustus McRae
Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: RiverRider] #8941517 10/23/23 12:41 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Had the Labradar out today. Hadn't used it in five months or so and couldn't remember how to get through some of the review functions. Anyway, I set it up for checking some 9mm loads this afternoon and when I was playing with it I saw that I can get readings beyond 100 yards so now I'm scratching my head. I'll have to completely refamiliarize myself with the danged thing.
scratch

Labradar gathers velocities at 200 yards for me on a weekly basis. This week was two different bullets out of 7 Rem Mag. About 40 rounds. Just aim it at the 200 yard berm.

I somehow came to believe the software limited readings to as far as 100 yards. I think I was just pushing the buttons wrong or something. I'm gonna drag mine back out and play with it some more. I need to do that anyway...been too long since I used it.

My Labradar has worked well for me since I bought it. If I didn't have one already I'd be sure and take advantage of the ones being tossed out into the market. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling some of the guys who are dumping their Labradar and replacing them with the Garmin may wish they'd not done that.

I agree. I will let them be crash test dummies, before I make any moves.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: Buzzsaw] #8941672 10/23/23 03:46 AM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
If I had $600" in a Labradar I wouldn't be looking to get a new chrono.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: Buzzsaw] #8942771 10/24/23 06:57 PM
B
BigDad Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
B
I've had my LabRadar since 2016 and have generally been pleased with it, I don't go shooting without it. That said, it can be a bit glitchy and and the Bluetooth app is not great. I had to send it for repair about a year ago. It would reboot at each firing and the micro USB port was loose. They fixed both items, the rebooting issue was due to a faulty SD Card Slot which they replaced an it has been fine since. I've heard lots of feedback from people saying that other shooters triggered their LabRadars. I've shot a lot with other shooters at benches next to me an never once had someone else trigger mine.

Personally, I'm glad to see some competition as LabRadar essentially had a monopoly on this technology at a consumer price point. I may look at selling mine if the Garmin turns out to be super awesome otherwise I'll stick with LabRadar.

Joe
Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: J.G.] #8942822 10/24/23 07:55 PM
pertnear Online Content
"Demolition Man"
Online Content
"Demolition Man"
scratch

I agree. I will let them be crash test dummies, before I make any moves. <<<< THIS

"There are two wolves fighting inside all of us. The first one is evil, the second one is good... Which wolf will win? The one you feed." - Indian proverb.
Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: Buzzsaw] #8943380 10/25/23 05:43 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
[Linked Image]

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: Buzzsaw] #8945019 10/28/23 02:14 PM
7o8 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
Ordered one from Cabelas yesterday, they had 10% off ship to store. Too much fiddling to setup the Magnetospeed on short barrels with cans.

Hopefully being a crash dummy won't be too painful, think'n Garmin has this stuff figured out with their marine and aviation radars.

Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: Buzzsaw] #8945951 10/30/23 02:19 AM
T
TORNracer Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
I got one delivered today, took me about 60 seconds to unbox it and set it up. Tested it out in the back yard with a Red Ryder and it never missed a shot even in light rain. This thing is TINY compared to my Labradar, and takes about 10 seconds to deploy, aim, and start shooting. I will use this way more than I used my Labradar as it’s easy to throw in a bag, and way easier to set up. Last pic is a screenshot of the app.

Attached Files IMG_9952.jpegIMG_9954.jpegIMG_9955.jpegIMG_9956.jpegIMG_9957.jpegIMG_9958.jpeg
Last edited by TORNracer; 10/30/23 02:20 AM.
Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: TORNracer] #8945989 10/30/23 03:22 AM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by TORNracer
I got one delivered today, took me about 60 seconds to unbox it and set it up. Tested it out in the back yard with a Red Ryder and it never missed a shot even in light rain. This thing is TINY compared to my Labradar, and takes about 10 seconds to deploy, aim, and start shooting. I will use this way more than I used my Labradar as it’s easy to throw in a bag, and way easier to set up. Last pic is a screenshot of the app.

cheers

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: TORNracer] #8946209 10/30/23 03:27 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by TORNracer

Wow, that looks great! Thanks for the write up and pics. If they prove reliable, Garmin will knock 'em dead with that rig.

Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: Buzzsaw] #8948223 11/02/23 01:40 PM
Wilson Combat Online Content
Boar Meister
Online Content
Boar Meister
Got one on order because I'm tired of the LR not being able to pick up suppressed shots.

Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: Buzzsaw] #8948357 11/02/23 05:19 PM
B
BigDad Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
B
How does a BB gun trigger the Garmin unit? Is it always transmitting?

Joe
Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: Wilson Combat] #8948420 11/02/23 06:45 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by Wilson Combat
Got one on order because I'm tired of the LR not being able to pick up suppressed shots.

Mine doesn't miss shots as soon as I added one of these: https://pietrecoiltrigger.com/

I don't shoot unsuppressed unless someone makes me wink

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: BigDad] #8948826 11/03/23 01:00 PM
J
JWLaxton Online Content
Light Foot
Online Content
Light Foot
J
Originally Posted by BigDad
How does a BB gun trigger the Garmin unit? Is it always transmitting?

Yes, it is always scanning. If you pick it up with a session active, you get a message that it stopped. You also have an option to pause the session for battery conservation. I took mine to an indoor 50 yard range with shooters on both sides of me. It didn't miss any of my shots, and only picked up mine. The only thing I've seen that you lose, if switching from the LabRadar, is the velocity track over distance. I'm not going to get rid of my LabRadar, but the Garmin will be what stays in my bag all the time. It's tiny, and I don't have to deal with attaching an inertial trigger to the gun for the LabRadar to pick up suppressed subsonics, or prevent picking up other's shots if I'm not shooting alone.

If you are doing load development and want a spreadsheet record, you synch to your phone and e-mail a .csv file to yourself.

Last edited by JWLaxton; 11/03/23 01:21 PM.
Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: Buzzsaw] #8949880 11/05/23 04:59 PM
T
TORNracer Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Update - I finally got to test out the Xero with something other than a BB gun this morning. Put 10 rounds of 6.5 CM through it and 30 rounds of 22 LR, it never missed a shot. I really do love this thing, so much that I might never turn on my Labradar ever again. Why? Because the Xero is so small, fast to set up, and reliable in getting readings. The Labradar was great - but I shoot suppressed about 99% of the time now, and setting the Labradar up took time, and was more complicated with the recoil trigger. I’m not retired, and don’t shoot rifles for a living - so time to shoot is a rare commodity. On the rare chance I do get to go shoot, the Xero gives me almost 100% of the time I do have to do nothing other than shoot. Also - a cheap neoprene GoPro case off Amazon fits the little thing perfectly and clips to anything! Last - someone forgot to tell my CA that it sucks…also included a 5 shot group with factory 120 ELDM ammo. 🤣Will see if I can tighten that up some with a 123 SMK hand load at some point.

Attached Files IMG_9999.jpegIMG_0003.jpegIMG_0005.jpeg
Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: Buzzsaw] #8949982 11/05/23 09:07 PM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I bought one with my Scheels points just so I could get the speed on all my rifles and friends rifles with fancy scopes. I wish all things were this simple

Last edited by Brother in-law; 11/05/23 09:07 PM.
Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: Buzzsaw] #8957490 11/18/23 02:37 PM
R
RiverRider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
I shouldn't be bothered, but I have been and it's taken me a few days to figure out why.

I waited several years to buy my Labradar. I just didn't want to put the money out on another chronograph while I was busy accumulating powder, primers, and bullets. Besides, I had (and still have) a Oehler 35P that works just fine. But then the time came that I was ready to take the plunge and I did that. Using it made me realize what "drudgery" setting up a conventional chronograph can be. It ain't that much work, really, but it is a bit of a PITA and it's not pleasant when six or eight other shooters are standing around while you try to get the damned thing lined up *just right,* and you can hear them thinking about what a jerk you are. The Labradar is so easy and convenient, 100% reliable (at least for me, so far!), and no one has to twiddle thumbs while I get it set up...and those are the reasons I think it's a great gadget.

So, we get news of this new Garmin gadget and "everyone" is jumping on the bandwagon. I see Labradar in the Classifieds going cheap. Now I'd be lucky to get half of my money back out of it if I had to sell it...and I have to admit, that's a bit troubling but we buy and use all kinds of stuff that we'll never get all our money back out of, so that's not what's been bothering me.

What IS bugging me is that after spending 600 bucks on the darned thing is that I'm liable to come to view it as a clunker that takes too much effort to set up and use. That's crazy, I know...

I hope I do not see any Garmin chronographs at my range for a while. I'm not sure I can come home from the range afterward not feeling like a stone age man living in The Jetsons' world.

farmer

[Linked Image]

"Arguing with you always makes me thirsty."

-Augustus McRae
Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: Buzzsaw] #8957893 11/19/23 12:00 PM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I have never used my chronograph. Dumb I know. When I got it, it didn't work. Got another from warranty and never opened it. I don't have a good place to use it and it's one of those old ones with the shades and stuff. Too lazy I guess.

Pass the gravy.

Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: Buzzsaw] #8959727 11/22/23 03:59 AM
Reloder28 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
My Garmin will deliver Nov 24

[b][/b]
Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: Buzzsaw] #8960149 11/23/23 12:16 AM
Geedubya Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Just ordered one this eve on Amazon. Had 4 left after my order.

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw Blood
Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: Buzzsaw] #8961521 11/25/23 09:32 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
I have only seen the golf version on Amazon but I'm sure they will have more soon enough. I have a plethora of Amazon points burning a hole in my pocket.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Garmin Xero C1 Pro [Re: Buzzsaw] #8961679 11/26/23 12:38 AM
T
Theringworm Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
T
Cabelas/Bass Pro had them in stock when I ordered mine Monday. Got it yesterday in the mail. Even got 15% off, $505 + tax.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide