Page 1 of 2 1 2
Vortex Exceptional CS #8939331 10/19/23 10:43 PM
D
DStroud Online Content OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Not sure if any folks over here are aware of Liberty Optics fiasco that’s transpired over last few days…hopefully not and you aren’t caught up in it.
They were an online optics dealer that mainly from my understanding sold on SH and Long Range Hunting forum.
They had some of the best deals around and were very popular for many years until the owner seems to have disappeared leaving many paid orders unfulfilled and took the money and vanished it seems.
Most of his sales were Vortex products it seems and Vortex has stepped up and is helping folks who ordered products that were never delivered get their orders delivered.
I have a whole new perspective on the level of customer service they have as they were answering emails until late at night trying to get ahead of this situation that this vendor had created.
You can go read all the posts if you like on Sniper Hide but suffice to say Vortex has gained a lot of good will out the the way they are handling this bad situation.

Just posted this in case there is someone out there that hasn’t gotten the bad news if they have an outstanding order with Liberty Optics. You need to reach out to your CC company and get the charges reversed ASAP?

"Anyone taking up handloading necessarily plays with unknown factors and takes chances. But so does anyone who drives a car,goes to a cocktail party,eats in a restaurant,or gets married."

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: DStroud] #8939359 10/19/23 11:09 PM
L
LonestarCobra Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Thanks for posting this, surely it will be seen and help somebody.

Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: DStroud] #8939367 10/19/23 11:16 PM
A
AP2714 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
A
I've ordered many times from Liberty Optics and never had a issue. Last order was received last week. Lots of people weren't as lucky and hope thet all get their money back. Very shocking situation. Vortex definitely has my respect for their customer support.

Last edited by AP2714; 10/19/23 11:18 PM.
Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: AP2714] #8939468 10/20/23 12:46 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by AP2714
Vortex definitely has my respect for their customer support.

They have lots of experience with it, since they built a chit product.

And they can afford it, since their profit margins are probably very high from building a chit product.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: DStroud] #8939477 10/20/23 12:53 AM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I've done my share of beating on Vortex, but that's a stand up move by the company, so kudos to them for taking that stance. My Fury AB's (first Vortex product for me) have been stellar, and beat the livin' crap out of the 3 Leica Geovids I tried to own.

Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: DStroud] #8939499 10/20/23 01:16 AM
Adchunts Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Dang! Just read the entire thread on SH. Sounds like Vortex is going above and beyond to help folks out that got scammed. Kudos to them. Also, there are some serious douchebags posting over there.

Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: J.G.] #8939517 10/20/23 01:31 AM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by J.G.

And they can afford it, since their profit margins are probably very high from building a chit product.

You do realize with a lifetime warranty product if they were as bad you continually say they are…they would be out of business, right? Quit buying Diamondbacks and start buying Razors. Just sayin’

I had not seen any of that…Liberty had a big following, I wonder if the owner is alright. Weird situation…

Hat’s off to Vortex, regardless of the haters…they have improved the CS in the whole industry.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: Judd] #8939547 10/20/23 01:45 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Judd

You do realize with a lifetime warranty product if they were as bad you continually say they are…they would be out of business, right? Quit buying Diamondbacks and start buying Razors. Just sayin’

I had not seen any of that…Liberty had a big following, I wonder if the owner is alright. Weird situation…

Hat’s off to Vortex, regardless of the haters…they have improved the CS in the whole industry.

When James was out last week, he told me the Gen II Razor rifle scope had already been sent in three times.

I still have that Gen I Razor spotter I got from you. It's been sent in once for dust inside it. It needs to go in again for water spots inside it.

They are as bad as I say they are. Because I see them TRY to work more than 99.999% of the population that buys them.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: J.G.] #8939560 10/20/23 01:52 AM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J

When James was out last week, he told me the Gen II Razor rifle scope had already been sent in three times.

I still have that Gen I Razor spotter I got from you. It's been sent in once for dust inside it. It needs to go in again for water spots inside it.

They are as bad as I say they are. Because I see them TRY to work more than 99.999% of the population that buys them.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the point the OP was making. An optics vendor screwed over their customers, and Vortex stepped up to the plate and took care of them even without having all of the money that the dealer collected on their behalf. No matter what anyone thinks of the products they offer, that's a world class customer service move by Vortex, and one that I can almost guarantee nobody else would have done.

Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: Jgraider] #8939626 10/20/23 02:29 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Jgraider

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the point the OP was making. An optics vendor screwed over their customers, and Vortex stepped up to the plate and took care of them even without having all of the money that the dealer collected on their behalf. No matter what anyone thinks of the products they offer, that's a world class customer service move by Vortex, and one that I can almost guarantee nobody else would have done.

ya its pretty impressive on Vortex part. Regardless how you feel about their products, Vortex set the industry standard and we as consumers owe them a hat tip, since every optic company has been forced to up their CS game

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: DStroud] #8939667 10/20/23 03:26 AM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Impressive. Well pleased with their products I own. I use them as intended and have had no failures.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: DStroud] #8939697 10/20/23 06:54 AM
TKM Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Kuddos to Vortex. Hats off to them, they did what no other scope manufacturer would have the balls to do. Classy move!
My Vortex stuff just keeps on working day in and day out, always will.

Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: Jgraider] #8939753 10/20/23 12:18 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

It was a reply to Judd. Not to you. And if my words upset you, then that makes me happy.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: DStroud] #8939799 10/20/23 01:26 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Hate to hear that about Liberty Optics. I bought several scopes from Scott.

Not surprise that Vortex stepped up. IMO, they have done a complete turnaround in quality, while continuing their CS.

I would consider buying one, but the higher end models are expensive, which would send me to Night Force or Swaro.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: DStroud] #8939842 10/20/23 02:13 PM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
Bad situation for sure and thanks for letting the community know David. vortex is going above and beyond what most companies would do in this situation though and good for them. i have several of their scopes, rifles and a range finder and haven't had to use the warranty yet on any of them.

As far as the Vortex hate on this thread and pops up on others, own enough scopes of various manufactures and all will produce a lemon from time to time. Perhaps Night force is the exception but not sure of it. Many have setups that are reliable for them year after year for many years that the rifle scope and ammunition used for years doesn't add up to the cost of one Night Force scope.

Vortex warranty made other optics manufactures change their warranty policies in order to keep up which is great for the consumer.

I got out a rifle last year that had not been shot in probably 12 years, loaded it with the ammo it was sighted in with and shot it and that vortex scope is still right where it was when it was put in the safe then hauled around through several states and stored in 3 different locations before I shot it.

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: DStroud] #8939874 10/20/23 03:05 PM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
They are bolstering their "world class" image in customer service because without that and the warranty they wouldn't be nearly as successful. I wouldn't put it past them to take legal action to try to recoup the "loss" of this "giving event"; nothing wrong with that though. So, to those saying this has nothing to do with their product quality and peoples' opinions that's wrong. Make no mistake, this is a business move not a kind charitable gesture.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: kmon11] #8939878 10/20/23 03:10 PM
G
Gone to Texas Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
Wow, what a crazy situation! Thanks for letting us know.

Incredible to see Vortex step up, and I don't know many other scope companies who would help in that way. I own several Vortex products and only had 1 issue with a 10-year-old range finder that was not reading accurately. Sent it in and in less than two weeks I had a brand new, newer model range finder at my door.

Vortex's customer service is second to none, and they changed the scope industry for the better. No one can argue that.

Although there are haters, all brands have issues, even Nightforce... Some THF members had issues with Nightforce scopes, it happens.

Vortex is the highest-selling optics brand in the space and contracted with the US military. There will always be haters for the top brand, just like there will always be people who hate the Yankees.

Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: Mickey Moose] #8939894 10/20/23 03:26 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Mickey Moose
They are bolstering their "world class" image in customer service because without that and the warranty they wouldn't be nearly as successful. I wouldn't put it past them to take legal action to try to recoup the "loss" of this "giving event"; nothing wrong with that though. So, to those saying this has nothing to do with their product quality and peoples' opinions that's wrong. Make no mistake, this is a business move not a kind charitable gesture.

Good business is good business… it’s doing the right thing sounds on the same page as kind and charitable. Amazing that people have to see this and pull negative from it. Our world is F’ed.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: redchevy] #8939922 10/20/23 04:06 PM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by redchevy
Amazing that people have to see this and pull negative from it. Our world is F’ed.

If that's directed toward me then you misunderstood what I was saying. Think of it like this. The same result for the customers could have been achieved by Vortex... anonymously. BUT, that would not help them. So they chose to get the publicity. In your words, our world is F'ed. You hit the nail on the head though - business is business. That's all it is for them. And now I've come full circle.

PS "Right thing" does not necessarily equal charitable.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: Buzzsaw] #8939930 10/20/23 04:19 PM
D
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Hate to hear that about Liberty Optics. I bought several scopes from Scott.

Not surprise that Vortex stepped up. IMO, they have done a complete turnaround in quality, while continuing their CS.

I would consider buying one, but the higher end models are expensive, which would send me to Night Force or Swaro.

Judd kinda nailed it above. Yes Vortex makes some lesser quality Chinese products but they also make some higher end high quality products that have better overall qualities than Nightforce while being at a better price point such as the new Gen3 Razor which has awesome glass and very innovative features compared to the rugged but older designed NF’s which until the ATACR line had meh glass and sold off just being tough…which is a good feature don’t get me wrong. My 7-35 ATACR has good glass but on my Centerfire I run the Vortex and see them probably 5 to 1 over NF at matches. I currently have the NF on my 22 rimfire but will probably switch it to Vortex next season.

"Anyone taking up handloading necessarily plays with unknown factors and takes chances. But so does anyone who drives a car,goes to a cocktail party,eats in a restaurant,or gets married."

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: DStroud] #8939943 10/20/23 04:49 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Wow that is crazy! They had a HUGE following on the hide. I used to watch their flash sale threads on there. I was actually supposed to do a website for him because his website looked like a 3rd grader did with crayons with his eyes closed. He was very flakey about the whole thing and glad that it didn't go forward. Back then I held people at their word and allowed them to pay me full price after the website had been completed. I've been burned by some very wealthy people on logos and websites, this type of situation is why I require all money up front.

[Linked Image]

Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: Mickey Moose] #8939945 10/20/23 04:52 PM
D
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Mickey Moose
Originally Posted by redchevy
Amazing that people have to see this and pull negative from it. Our world is F’ed.

If that's directed toward me then you misunderstood what I was saying. Think of it like this. The same result for the customers could have been achieved by Vortex... anonymously. BUT, that would not help them. So they chose to get the publicity. In your words, our world is F'ed. You hit the nail on the head though - business is business. That's all it is for them. And now I've come full circle.

PS "Right thing" does not necessarily equal charitable.

I think if you had more context than what I have posted above it maybe would change your opinion.
I was caught up in this but not nearly to the degree as others so I have first hand knowledge of what happened. I found out from the SH forum what was happening and thankfully saw that Vortex posted on the forum to send them an email and they would give recommendations based on what your order status was.
I sent an email at 9:30 at night and got a reply in less than 5 minutes on my order status and what steps to take. So essentially they had no knowledge of my order other than my copy of invoice from Liberty I sent them ,who had taken the money and vanished.
Vortex asked that I reach out to my CC company for a reversal which I was able to do and should eventually get my money returned.
That could have been the end of it for Vortex and it would have been fine but they offered to ship the product I ordered at a even better price than I had paid also paid my tax and shipping asked for my shirt size and threw in more bling NONE of which they had to do.
All of this they did with no recognition until right here now on a deal that was absolutely not their problem at all.
So there is a little more perspective for y’all. Maybe other optics companies would have done the same? I think I know some who wouldn’t.

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8939952 10/20/23 05:10 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

ya its pretty impressive on Vortex part. Regardless how you feel about their products, Vortex set the industry standard and we as consumers owe them a hat tip, since every optic company has been forced to up their CS game

Vortex Customer service IS impressive. Now if they upped their Quality Control, they'd be a force to be reckoned with.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: DStroud] #8939992 10/20/23 06:16 PM
H
Huskerron Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
I own a Vortex Tripod and a Vortex Rangefinder. I own the Tripod because it's a good tripod. I own the Rangefinder because I used to own a Bushnell. Fell down wading a river and got it wet. Called Bushnell and they wouldn't even recognize my name as soon as I mentioned water. Said they'd cut me a deal on a new one though. "Deal" was about like any sale at Cabela's. Hung up phone and swore there would never be a Bushnell in my Bino harness or my golf bag again. Called the other vendors to see how well they backed their electronics products. A year or two and that's it. Called Vortex. Asked them what would happen if I fell in river with one of their range finders. They said send in the old. We'll send back a new. Ordered it on same call. Been more than happy ever since. Optics warranties, the other co's have kept up. Electronics - not so much.

Re: Vortex Exceptional CS [Re: DStroud] #8940026 10/20/23 07:42 PM
D
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Just saw this and thought it appropriate. To me it is obvious they are committed to their mission statements.

[Linked Image]

Jack O'Connor 1963
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide