This podcast episode provides an in-depth exploration of the mind and life of renowned Canadian writer, outdoorsman, and television host, Jim Shockey. As the visionary behind the Hand of Man Museum, Jim takes us on an unforgettable journey through his world, sharing insights from his debut novel, "Call Me Hunter."

"Call Me Hunter" is a riveting blend of autobiographical experiences and fictional thrill. The book stands as a testament to Jim's life of adventure and his unique storytelling prowess. The narrative delves into the untamed wilderness of Jim's experiences in across the globe, showcasing how these travels have influenced his characters and narratives.

Through the book, Jim offers an enlightening discussion on how he has flipped stereotypes and fostered tolerance in his narrative, making it a metaphorical representation of our current world. This highlights Jim's exceptional ability to challenge conventional perspectives through his storytelling.

In the novel, Jim portrays a relentless passion for conservation, demonstrating how hunting plays a vital role in conservation efforts. He beautifully incorporates his experiences of encountering remarkable artifacts and artwork during his travels, some of which have found a place in the “Hand of Man Museum” that he and beloved late wife, Louise, founded. The museum is also donations-only, making sure that everyone is always welcome to learn and explore.

The conversation also explores Jim's upcoming plans for book signings at Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's stores, with the occasional book store visit, highlighting his vision for the outreach of "Call Me Hunter." It gives listeners a glimpse of the hard work and dedication that has gone into the creation and promotion of the novel. He'll be in Katy, TX on Oct 20th from 2-5 at the Bass Pro Shop off I-10.

This episode serves as a vivid portrait of Jim Shockey's journey, offering listeners a captivating exploration of his life and work. It provides an engaging and immersive experience, filled with tales of adventure, art, and personal growth.

In "Call Me Hunter," Jim Shockey beautifully intertwines his real-life experiences with fictional elements, crafting a compelling narrative that is both entertaining and thought-provoking. The novel stands as a testament to Jim's talent as a storyteller, as well as his dedication to conservation and tolerance. Through this podcast episode, listeners get an intimate look into the making of this exceptional novel and the fascinating life of its author.

The discussion with Jim Shockey is more than just an interview. It's a journey into the thrilling and unique world of an extraordinary individual. So, buckle up for an incredible adventure into the life and mind of Jim Shockey. It's an electrifying conversation that is not to be missed! And don’t forget to order you copy of “Call Me Hunter,” today!

Make sure to visit the website that I built to place your order, today:
www.CallMeHunter.com

And please subscribe, like, rate and share my podcast!

Thanks,
George

Last edited by Son of a Blitch; 10/17/23 03:20 PM.

George Blitch
george@mapmyranch.com
www.SonofaBlitch.com
www.MapMyRanch.com
www.YouTube.com/@sonofablitch
"Keep your aim as true as your word" - GB