Forums46
Topics538,193
Posts9,734,125
Members87,072
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: Bradley Gleaton] #8911641 09/03/23 10:51 PM
Q
Qroll Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
Q
Can the spin plate be lowered with feed still in it? I’m pretty sure mine is low enough, but as far as I can tell it hasn’t spun on its own more than a few times.It was preassembled when I purchased it from TS. I can spin it by hand and after a few attempts it throws corn great. The next visit to the lease I usually find that It hasn’t spun at all. I emptied 300 Lbs on the ground a couple weeks ago to see if I had missed anything but everything looked fine.I replaced the timer batteries and refilled it with new feed and haven’t been back in two weeks. I’ll most likely be down next Friday. If you have any advice I’ll take it! Thanks.

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8911895 09/04/23 06:59 PM
S
Stompy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I had the same problem, lowered it all the way and oiled up the spinner plate. So far it's working ok.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Cabin Rentals on the ranch for Hubbard Creek Lake
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: Stompy] #8912228 09/05/23 02:59 PM
Q
Qroll Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
Q
I'll definitely give lowering it a go! Can I lower the spinner plate while its full of corn or do I need to empty it first?

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: Qroll] #8912324 09/05/23 06:27 PM
S
Stompy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
You don't have to empty it, crescent wrench and 30 seconds.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8915053 09/11/23 02:47 AM
W
woods and plainsman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
For Bradley Gleaton,
I bought one of the simple 80lb protein feeders. Its great quality and like it, will be buying another.
Just one problem - I had to grind the clamp about 1/4 inch so it would mount on the t-post. May want to look at that.

I looked at the feeders at TSC and I like em, they also look good - quality and price. But another suggestion. They need more cross bars to keep the bigger pigs from underneath. I have the ASF and the pigs get under but only the smaller oinks so not too much of a problem. I can add something pretty easy but it'd be nice to come with it.

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8915224 09/11/23 01:58 PM
S
Starshooter Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
Has anyone seen issues with motor on these feeders? Concerned about life of motor in feed hopper due to dust and changing the motor will require emptying the hopper.

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: Starshooter] #8915383 09/11/23 06:02 PM
S
Stompy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Starshooter
Has anyone seen issues with motor on these feeders? Concerned about life of motor in feed hopper due to dust and changing the motor will require emptying the hopper.

My understanding is there are feeders that have been around a while with the same design. So I would guess that there's no issue.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: woods and plainsman] #8917856 09/15/23 09:42 PM
B
Bradley Gleaton Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Originally Posted by woods and plainsman
For Bradley Gleaton,
I bought one of the simple 80lb protein feeders. Its great quality and like it, will be buying another.
Just one problem - I had to grind the clamp about 1/4 inch so it would mount on the t-post. May want to look at that.

I looked at the feeders at TSC and I like em, they also look good - quality and price. But another suggestion. They need more cross bars to keep the bigger pigs from underneath. I have the ASF and the pigs get under but only the smaller oinks so not too much of a problem. I can add something pretty easy but it'd be nice to come with it.

Thanks for the heads up. We have tested the t-post clamps on t-posts from TSC, Home Depot, McCoys, etc. but i know there are a lot of various types so I'd really appreciate if i could see a picture of the modification you made. Please text me a picture at 817-437-1373 so i can see what you are referring to. I appreciate your time and help!

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: Stompy] #8917858 09/15/23 09:45 PM
B
Bradley Gleaton Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Originally Posted by Stompy
Originally Posted by Starshooter

My understanding is there are feeders that have been around a while with the same design. So I would guess that there's no issue.

You are correct. These are the same motors that have been out in the market for decades except ours has a longer shaft. We have done cycle tests on a lot of motors where they cycle on and off every 5 seconds and they have been going for over 12 months without any issues.

The most important thing we have seen is if you purchase the unit assembled from the store, it's very important to make sure that you loosen the 4-legged black bracket and make sure that it's centered over the motor shaft. Please feel free to give me a shout or send me a text at 817-437-1373. I'm happy to help!

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: Qroll] #8917862 09/15/23 09:49 PM
B
Bradley Gleaton Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Originally Posted by Qroll
Can the spin plate be lowered with feed still in it? I’m pretty sure mine is low enough, but as far as I can tell it hasn’t spun on its own more than a few times.It was preassembled when I purchased it from TS. I can spin it by hand and after a few attempts it throws corn great. The next visit to the lease I usually find that It hasn’t spun at all. I emptied 300 Lbs on the ground a couple weeks ago to see if I had missed anything but everything looked fine.I replaced the timer batteries and refilled it with new feed and haven’t been back in two weeks. I’ll most likely be down next Friday. If you have any advice I’ll take it! Thanks.

Yes, the spinner plate can be raised and lowered with feed in the hopper. I would make sure that the spinner plate is adjust so that the gap between the downspout and spinner plate is around 1/16th inch. If the spinner plate seems to not be spinning fast then it's most likely because the 4-legged bracket needs to be re-adjusted. I would recommend loosening these 4 screws and making sure the motor shaft is in the center of the plastic bushing before tightening. An easy way to fix this is to drill out the 4 holes to 3/8-inch. All this does is improve the tolerances of these 4 holes and help align the bushing to the motor shaft. Please feel free to text or call me at 817-437-1373 if you ever need anything.

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8917863 09/15/23 09:49 PM
B
Bradley Gleaton Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
The hanging feeder is on sale at TSC for a limited time - 20% OFF.

Have a great weekend!

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8925485 09/28/23 03:13 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Bought one yesterday from Tractor supply already put together, like how it is built and the the easy peasy timer setting, it will sling that corn out there.

Neighbor has a high dollar Moultrie timer that was a major pain in the azz to set, it took 5 not so logical steps just to do one setting.

Last edited by Stub; 09/28/23 03:18 PM.

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8926719 09/30/23 04:40 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
Snagged a boxed 600 last night. What wrenches do I need to put it together?

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8926738 09/30/23 05:04 PM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Wrenches??? Im out. Sounds like Christmas Eve.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: freerange] #8926923 09/30/23 10:19 PM
S
Stompy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by freerange
Wrenches??? Im out. Sounds like Christmas Eve.

It's pretty simple to put together, just bolting the legs and braces on.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8929599 10/04/23 11:35 PM
D
Dave Davidson Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I have one. Coons tore it up once so I put some longer legs and excluders on the legs. I had to go with longer and stronger legs because pigs were bumping the bottom of the timer to spill corn.

All in all, I’d give it a c+

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8929787 10/05/23 01:01 PM
M
magspa Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
M
If the eliminator plate is setup right it shouldn't spill corn from bring bumped.

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8929871 10/05/23 03:00 PM
S
Stompy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by magspa
If the eliminator plate is setup right it shouldn't spill corn from bring bumped.

Mine doesn't spill corn, but you better have a stout battery. Takes a lot to spin that plate.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: Stompy] #8930079 10/05/23 09:33 PM
Q
Qroll Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
Q
Mine had issues spinning corn (and spinning in general) as well until I spoke with Bradley Gleaton and he walked me through checking the clearance on the 4-legged bracket. It was in a bind causing friction on the motor shaft. Their customer service is top notch! They sent me a replacement and I haven't had any issues since! Throws corn hard and far. I have the 600 lb feeder and I'd recommend it.

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: Qroll] #8930856 10/07/23 03:08 AM
M
magspa Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Qroll
Mine had issues spinning corn (and spinning in general) as well until I spoke with Bradley Gleaton and he walked me through checking the clearance on the 4-legged bracket. It was in a bind causing friction on the motor shaft. Their customer service is top notch! They sent me a replacement and I haven't had any issues since! Throws corn hard and far. I have the 600 lb feeder and I'd recommend it.

What was it that needed replaced? I agree, you can't beat the customer service. I also spoke to Bradley. Best customer service ever. I didn't have to speak to some office personnel trying to look up part numbers and stuff like that. Had a real conversation with someone who knows how the product works.

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8933367 10/11/23 02:36 AM
R
Ranger Man Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Bought the cottonseed feeder today and just got through assembling. Material and workmanship is high quality but I was a little disappointed in the hardware that was provided. The M6 bolts are just a little too small for attaching the feet to the bottom of the platform or the holes they go through are drilled too large. When the feet are installed there is quite a bit of movement (1/8”-1/4”) on each foot and the whole thing was pretty wobbly.

I had to purchase some 1/4” x 20 galvanized bolts, washers, lock washers and nuts to tightly secure the feet to the platform. The M6 bolts seem to be marginally adequate to secure the cage together but I suspect I will need to change them out with 1/4” galvanized hardware in time. I do wonder if the M6 bolts and lock nuts are stainless steel - time will tell. The plastic washers provided won’t hold up to this Texas heat and will deteriorate in time.

Other than the provided hardware I really like the design and quality of the feeder. I was thinking about purchasing a couple of more of the feeders but I’ll need to also buy $50-$60 worth of replacement hardware to make them right. Perhaps Treeline will upgrade to 1/4” galvanized hardware in the near future. Again, I really like the look and design of this feeder I just wish it had better hardware.

�Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.�
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #8940678 10/21/23 07:43 PM
B
Bradley Gleaton Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
Snagged a boxed 600 last night. What wrenches do I need to put it together?

You'll need a 10mm socket to assemble the unit. Please make sure of the following when assembling or if it's already assembled:
1. Make sure the motor shaft is coming straight out of the downspout and not at an angle.
2. When installing the spinner plate, please make sure that the plate is pushed all the way up against the downspout and then allow it to drop 1/16th inch. If the gap is too large, it can cause issues with corn getting wedged between the downspout and the spinner plate.
3. When installing the 4-legged black bracket, hand tighten the 4 bolts. Once the bolts are in place, make sure the motor shaft is centered inside the black plastic bushing and then tighten the screws one by one but make sure one side doesn't get over torqued or pulled because it can cause a side load on the motor shaft. If you can't center the shaft on the bushing, then i would recommend making the 4 bolt holes a little larger by drilling them out which will improve the tolerance.

Please call me during the week or weekend at 817-437-1373. I'm happy to help answer any other questions you may have.

Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: Ranger Man] #8940682 10/21/23 07:50 PM
B
Bradley Gleaton Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Originally Posted by Ranger Man
Bought the cottonseed feeder today and just got through assembling. Material and workmanship is high quality but I was a little disappointed in the hardware that was provided. The M6 bolts are just a little too small for attaching the feet to the bottom of the platform or the holes they go through are drilled too large. When the feet are installed there is quite a bit of movement (1/8”-1/4”) on each foot and the whole thing was pretty wobbly.

I had to purchase some 1/4” x 20 galvanized bolts, washers, lock washers and nuts to tightly secure the feet to the platform. The M6 bolts seem to be marginally adequate to secure the cage together but I suspect I will need to change them out with 1/4” galvanized hardware in time. I do wonder if the M6 bolts and lock nuts are stainless steel - time will tell. The plastic washers provided won’t hold up to this Texas heat and will deteriorate in time.

Other than the provided hardware I really like the design and quality of the feeder. I was thinking about purchasing a couple of more of the feeders but I’ll need to also buy $50-$60 worth of replacement hardware to make them right. Perhaps Treeline will upgrade to 1/4” galvanized hardware in the near future. Again, I really like the look and design of this feeder I just wish it had better hardware.

Thanks for your purchase and your reply! One improvement we have made is changing the plastic washers to 304 stainless steel washers. This is a running change we made and should start hitting the stores in January. All of our hardware is stainless steel so they should last a lifetime.
The holes are slightly larger so there is enough tolerance to allow the store/customer to hand tighten all of the different parts without any issues before torqueing everything down. Once you tighten everything down good everything should be tight but the SS washers will help prevent this from occurring. Please feel free to reach out to me at 817-437-1373 if you have any questions. Have a great day!

Last edited by Bradley Gleaton; 10/21/23 07:53 PM.
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8941742 10/23/23 12:38 PM
B
bholt Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Put one out at one of my freeders and the coons used at a may pole. It's not their fault, but coons will be coons.

B Holt
Shoot-em in the ear
Re: Treeline feeders from Tractor SUpply [Re: magspa] #8942629 10/24/23 03:13 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
Finally got it assembled and topped off this weekend (Thanks John/James!). Apparently I threw out 'The Timer' in part of the packaging when I started two weeks ago, or it was never in the box to begin with. Found one at a local feed store and we're off and running!

First observation is that it did not throw corn very far. I have two Ranch King feeders and thought they didn't throw well either, but their radius is significantly better. Battery is new but could be weak, I guess? Will go back when I have more time and evaluate.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide