Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: 203 CHAMP] #8928671 10/03/23 05:33 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
Originally Posted by 203 CHAMP
Cam phasers twice and new transmission on my 2019 ford f150. V6 ecoboost.only 85,000 miles. tranny went out at 62,000. I have been driving ford trucks for almost 30 years. Might be my last. Should have stuck to my 2013 f150 with the 5.0 engine.

Cam phasers twice and complete new transmission on my wife's 2019 Expedition all done with less than 63k miles. She said she felt the transmission pull again last week. Unbelievable.

Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: Gringo Bling] #8928674 10/03/23 05:37 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling
Cam phasers twice and new transmission on my 2019 ford f150. V6 ecoboost.only 85,000 miles. tranny went out at 62,000. I have been driving ford trucks for almost 30 years. Might be my last. Should have stuck to my 2013 f150 with the 5.0 engine.

Cam phasers twice and complete new transmission on my wife's 2019 Expedition all done with less than 63k miles. She said she felt the transmission pull again last week. Unbelievable.

is that the 10 speed?

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8928686 10/03/23 06:14 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling

is that the 10 speed?

Yes

Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8928688 10/03/23 06:17 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is investigating more than 708,000 trucks and SUVs built by Ford and Lincoln due to reports of "catastrophic engine failures." The agency expands investigation of vehicles all powered by a turbocharged 2.7- or 3.0-liter EcoBoost V6. Good Luck!!!

Ford "catastrophic engine failures"

A rubber belt submerged in oil? That's stupid.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8928694 10/03/23 06:33 PM
Superduty Online Content
"The Regulator"
Online Content
"The Regulator"
confused2

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8928703 10/03/23 06:55 PM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
190k on the 07 Tundra. I keep saying I’ll get a new one, but this one is just too good to get rid of.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8928706 10/03/23 07:03 PM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
My buddy has a EcoBoost F150, 86K miles…it’s burned oil since about 50k and he is on 2nd transmission.

It’s a real turd

Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8928727 10/03/23 07:26 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
I can buy Fords below dealer cost and still bought a Ram last year. Was about to buy a Toyota but they jacked me around on the price.

Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8928730 10/03/23 07:31 PM
kry226 Offline
The General
The General

[Linked Image]
Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: Buzzsaw] #8928735 10/03/23 07:45 PM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
[Linked Image]

Do you normally park that bad? Or was that special for your soccer mom vehicle glamour shot?

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: Mickey Moose] #8928738 10/03/23 07:49 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by Mickey Moose
[Linked Image]

Do you normally park that bad? Or was that special for your soccer mom vehicle glamour shot?

You can't see it, but RedRanger's bike is on the other side taking up the handicap space.

[Linked Image]

Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: Buzzsaw] #8928742 10/03/23 07:58 PM
texasag93 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Closet Ford guy here peep

My mall runner

[Linked Image]

You drive an overpriced, unreliable car and you cannot park.

Good to know.....

Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: texasag93] #8928756 10/03/23 08:24 PM
F
FayetteCo Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
F
Originally Posted by texasag93

My mall runner

[Linked Image]

You drive an overpriced, unreliable car and you cannot park.

Good to know.....

Keep checking your oil for coolant. When the internal water pump grenades it will set you back $3800 bucks. I’m Ford blue but I’ll never buy another Ford car.

Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: Buzzsaw] #8928757 10/03/23 08:28 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J

My mall runner

[Linked Image]

Damn Buzz, you keep setting yourself up!

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: Jimbo1] #8928795 10/03/23 09:20 PM
Superduty Online Content
"The Regulator"
Online Content
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted by Jimbo1

My mall runner

[Linked Image]

Damn Buzz, you keep setting yourself up!

Buzz has a handicap cap placard hanging from rear view, he is entitled to the stripped lines for exiting the car purposes. OR he was a passenger and parked away from other car (not handicap parking) so he could exit the car more easily.

Some of you on here are just mean.

Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8928802 10/03/23 09:31 PM
W
wp75169 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
W
It looks like the other car is right up against him anyway.

Buzz, great choice of practical vehicles for your needs. Easy to get in and out of with those knees and will make the hill at seniors. I almost bought one a couple of months ago, then she saw the expedition. Ugh.

To the thread, the article is about bad valves and not even about what everyone is talking about.

On my 5th ecoboost and never an issue but the 23 F150 is making weird slappy noises at idle. 18k miles. I’m not so optimistic.

Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8928805 10/03/23 09:37 PM
K
Kawabuggy Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
And here I sit laughing so hard I'm about to wet myself. I've been saying for YEARS that Ford is the lowest quality trash manufactured in this country... turns out I really know what I've been talking about. I've only been working on them for the last 20+/- years.

I've got a friend that sells insurance for home & auto. He said that on average the insurance on Ford vehicles when compared to comparable other manufacturers is more expensive across the board. I asked him why he thought that is.. he said because Fords are involved at a higher rate of fatality accidents than most other vehicles on the road. I asked is that because Ford owners are just not that bright... and he said, probably a combination of lower intelligence, and poorly maintained vehicles, and POORLY ENGINEERED vehicles.

I have been saying it for years also... if you are going to be hit, or killed, by another driver on the road the chances that it will be by a Ford driver are astronomically higher than by any other brand/driver. Notice that any time there is a MORON holding up the left lane on the freeway driving slower than the legal speed limit---it is almost always a Ford owner..

Go to Youtube.. Pick any random "Car Crash Compilation" video that was filmed here in the US.... Count the # of vehicles that are at-fault for the crashes and pay attention to the brand of vehicle for those drivers that were at fault.... Pick ANY video.. The answer is ALWAYS the same.. Ford owners are the MOST DANGEROUS drivers on the road... Make no mistake about it. You can't say I "cherry picked" the video if you, yourself, go and pick it.

What does Ford do right? With all of the knowledge about the poorly engineered, poor quality JUNK they are building-their marketing department is still able to sell those fly covered turds so give them credit where credit is due. If you can sell snow to an eskimo, or poop to a manure farmer-you are probably already employed by Fords marketing department. If you HATE someone-put them in a Ford, or recommend to them that they buy Ford...

Keep in mind, if you had magical powers and could make ALL Ford vehicles disappear off the face of the Earth by snapping your fingers, and you did it, within 30 days 90% of all repair shops across the US would be out of business.... Think about what that says about the quality of those vehicles. What powers the after market parts suppliers, and the shops that use those parts to put Humpty-Dumpster-Bound cars back together? Ford.. That's who.

A poster up above was making reference to how many hours goes into programming a vehicle to account for all of the various driving conditions that a car might experience over it's lifetime. Now, think about how many revisions Ford has had to make in an *attempt* to get their 6 speed transmission (6R80) to shift correctly... They have been at it since 2010 and STILL cannot get the transmission to operate properly! At last count-I was told they were at 143 different revisions and STILL could not get it sorted! Name one other manufacturer that is having that many issues with simply programming a transmission..... Answer; No one but Ford.

I know this post might be offensive... but if just ONE of you STOPS buying TRASH.. I will feel I have done my job.

A hog is nothing more than a bullet receptacle.
Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: KRoyal] #8928809 10/03/23 09:41 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by KRoyal
Originally Posted by Mickey Moose
[Linked Image]

You can't see it, but RedRanger's bike is on the other side taking up the handicap space.

lol35

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: Kawabuggy] #8928810 10/03/23 09:41 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Kawabuggy
And here I sit laughing so hard I'm about to wet myself. I've been saying for YEARS that Ford is the lowest quality trash manufactured in this country... turns out I really know what I've been talking about. I've only been working on them for the last 20+/- years.

I've got a friend that sells insurance for home & auto. He said that on average the insurance on Ford vehicles when compared to comparable other manufacturers is more expensive across the board. I asked him why he thought that is.. he said because Fords are involved at a higher rate of fatality accidents than most other vehicles on the road. I asked is that because Ford owners are just not that bright... and he said, probably a combination of lower intelligence, and poorly maintained vehicles, and POORLY ENGINEERED vehicles.

I have been saying it for years also... if you are going to be hit, or killed, by another driver on the road the chances that it will be by a Ford driver are astronomically higher than by any other brand/driver. Notice that any time there is a MORON holding up the left lane on the freeway driving slower than the legal speed limit---it is almost always a Ford owner..

Go to Youtube.. Pick any random "Car Crash Compilation" video that was filmed here in the US.... Count the # of vehicles that are at-fault for the crashes and pay attention to the brand of vehicle for those drivers that were at fault.... Pick ANY video.. The answer is ALWAYS the same.. Ford owners are the MOST DANGEROUS drivers on the road... Make no mistake about it. You can't say I "cherry picked" the video if you, yourself, go and pick it.

What does Ford do right? With all of the knowledge about the poorly engineered, poor quality JUNK they are building-their marketing department is still able to sell those fly covered turds so give them credit where credit is due. If you can sell snow to an eskimo, or poop to a manure farmer-you are probably already employed by Fords marketing department. If you HATE someone-put them in a Ford, or recommend to them that they buy Ford...

Keep in mind, if you had magical powers and could make ALL Ford vehicles disappear off the face of the Earth by snapping your fingers, and you did it, within 30 days 90% of all repair shops across the US would be out of business.... Think about what that says about the quality of those vehicles. What powers the after market parts suppliers, and the shops that use those parts to put Humpty-Dumpster-Bound cars back together? Ford.. That's who.

A poster up above was making reference to how many hours goes into programming a vehicle to account for all of the various driving conditions that a car might experience over it's lifetime. Now, think about how many revisions Ford has had to make in an *attempt* to get their 6 speed transmission (6R80) to shift correctly... They have been at it since 2010 and STILL cannot get the transmission to operate properly! At last count-I was told they were at 143 different revisions and STILL could not get it sorted! Name one other manufacturer that is having that many issues with simply programming a transmission..... Answer; No one but Ford.

I know this post might be offensive... but if just ONE of you STOPS buying TRASH.. I will feel I have done my job.

Sounds like FDS - Ford Derangement Syndrome!

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8928815 10/03/23 09:55 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Wheeew! This doesn't apply to my 1979 F-250!

peep

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: Kawabuggy] #8928820 10/03/23 10:06 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef

rolleyes

Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: Jimbo1] #8928821 10/03/23 10:07 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Jimbo1

Sounds like FDS - Ford Derangement Syndrome!

No chit. I love my 6.7.

Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: Kawabuggy] #8928874 10/03/23 10:56 PM
texasag93 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Show me on the doll where the blue oval touched you.....

roflmao

Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8928893 10/03/23 11:25 PM
Superduty Online Content
"The Regulator"
Online Content
"The Regulator"
All of my Super Duty’s have been solid. My current 23 SD is awesome. I think if I got in a wreck with any brand of car, I would come out better than the other driver.

grin

Re: For you Ford Fans... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8928903 10/03/23 11:33 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Been buying Ford trucks since 1977, never been let down.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide