Page 1 of 2 1 2
BBQ Sauce Recipes #8883483 07/16/23 09:12 PM
T
TPACK Online Content OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
This guy is part owner @ Goldee`s BBQ in Ft. Worth. I think it was the #1 BBQ joint in Texas last year in Texas Monthly. They start lining up before the sun comes up to eat their BBQ, so it has to be pretty damn good. In this video he shows 3 of his BBQ sauces and the ingredients used to make them. There is also an ingredients list under the video if you want to copy them. All the sauces use a mushroom soy sauce that you can only get on Amazon or online some other place. Just thought I`d share.

Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: TPACK] #8884605 07/18/23 06:14 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
interesting on using the mushroom soy sauce ... all sounds pretty legit

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: TPACK] #8884700 07/18/23 08:27 PM
1955 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
popcorn

Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: TPACK] #8884769 07/18/23 10:01 PM
E
ElkOne Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
E
Thanks for posting, that is a world class BBQ joint up up up

ElkOne
Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: TPACK] #8884800 07/18/23 10:37 PM
pertnear Online Content
"Demolition Man"
Online Content
"Demolition Man"
Hmmmm....I'll have to try those. Thanks for posting.

BTW: [Linked Image]

The North has double last names. The South has double first names.
Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: TPACK] #8885017 07/19/23 04:42 AM
M
machinist Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
I have the best homemade BBQ sauce recipe of all.
Let me know if you want the recipe

some people like silver and gold
I like brass and lead with a little powder in between
Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: machinist] #8885132 07/19/23 01:44 PM
T
TPACK Online Content OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by machinist

I`m always open to new recipes. Share it with everyone. clap

Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: TPACK] #8885247 07/19/23 04:53 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by TPACK

x2

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: TPACK] #8892745 07/31/23 09:12 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Thanks for sharing this, I ordered the soy sauce from Amazon and made the jauce sauce today and it’s top notch. It’s absolutely a keeper recipe up

Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: TPACK] #8892793 07/31/23 10:23 PM
T
TPACK Online Content OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T

[Linked Image]

Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: TPACK] #8896510 08/06/23 08:39 PM
R
retfuz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Anyone ever use tamarind in BBQ sauce?

Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: TPACK] #8896949 08/07/23 04:29 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I’m hooked on Salt Lick sauce, especially since I can get it at local HEB.

Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: TPACK] #8897041 08/07/23 06:57 PM
W
whitewing maniac Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
It amazes me how these youngsters are cooking such awsome BBQ at their age. From the vids I've seen, none of them look over 30. I'm 56 and still getting tips off youtube.

Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: whitewing maniac] #8897421 08/08/23 11:14 AM
T
TPACK Online Content OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by whitewing maniac
It amazes me how these youngsters are cooking such awsome BBQ at their age. From the vids I've seen, none of them look over 30. I'm 56 and still getting tips off youtube.

We grew up without YT and the internet. It`s a different world today. I follow several people on YT that are 30ish and all they do is stuff about cooking BBQ. It also amazes me at how much a lot of these great BBQ places all over the country will share information about their process and recipes. You still can duplicate what they do on a 500 gallon smoker at home though. I was smoking briskets 40 years ago, but they were nothing like a brisket I can cook now because I didn`t know how and had no one to teach me.

Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: whitewing maniac] #8897599 08/08/23 04:03 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

Most of these younger people have been pit masters or worked for them prior to opening their own place. All the guys at Goldee’s worked for top end joints like Franklins, Valentina's, 2M Smokehouse etc etc prior to joining forces and taking over the state as number 1 and it’s the same with so many other young cooks these days. They had a plan and used the experience of being pit masters at these places as their college education and their making it work. I’m jealous these young guns have the knowledge and ability to cook me under the table but at the same time I’m proud to see a generation of dedicated people keeping us peons educated roflmao

I’m truly amazed at the amount of knowledge and tricks they share with the entire world on a daily basis without fear of a copy cat opening up next door. I’ve got total respect for that confidence…

Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: Ol Thumper] #8897720 08/08/23 07:16 PM
W
whitewing maniac Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper

Most of these younger people have been pit masters or worked for them prior to opening their own place. All the guys at Goldee’s worked for top end joints like Franklins, Valentina's, 2M Smokehouse etc etc prior to joining forces and taking over the state as number 1 and it’s the same with so many other young cooks these days. They had a plan and used the experience of being pit masters at these places as their college education and their making it work. I’m jealous these young guns have the knowledge and ability to cook me under the table but at the same time I’m proud to see a generation of dedicated people keeping us peons educated roflmao

I’m truly amazed at the amount of knowledge and tricks they share with the entire world on a daily basis without fear of a copy cat opening up next door. I’ve got total respect for that confidence…

Seems there are quite a few of the older generation getting into the youtuber thing. Arnietex, smoking Joe's and an old cowboy up in Oklahoma making a lot of cooking vids. I tried making bbq vids for youtube, but after watching myself, it was a borefest. Wonder how much these guys getting on kickbacks for promoting different products. Looked into a few places they get meat from, and promote, boy that meat they are getting is above my pay grade.

Last edited by whitewing maniac; 08/08/23 07:18 PM.
Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: machinist] #8897731 08/08/23 07:27 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U

Your's must be 2nd best, because mine is THE best.

Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: TPACK] #8897738 08/08/23 07:43 PM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
I think a bunch of those videos are a load of crap. I especially hate the “bend test” “pull test” on brisket. What a load. And that squeeze of the point where that V section of fat runs through it. Any idiot knows if you squeeze that fat; it will drip and run on the lean portion. And “competition bite” …are you kidding me? I’ve never been at any family reunion, church events, sports event where people, especially women and children wanted to have a bite through rib. They want a soft tender rib and a brisket that cuts with a fork. The Comp. guys even say, you can’t eat their food. These videos shows guys lathering so much crap on the meat; you can’t tell it’s meat. And what’s this covering it in tallow after it’s cooked to make it look juicy. That just shows you cooked a bad brisket. And the meat, that’s another problem, pigs and beef coming to market are much larger than 30 years ago. And much tougher.

Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: Huntmaster] #8897854 08/08/23 11:00 PM
T
TPACK Online Content OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Huntmaster
I think a bunch of those videos are a load of crap. I especially hate the “bend test” “pull test” on brisket. What a load. And that squeeze of the point where that V section of fat runs through it. Any idiot knows if you squeeze that fat; it will drip and run on the lean portion. And “competition bite” …are you kidding me? I’ve never been at any family reunion, church events, sports event where people, especially women and children wanted to have a bite through rib. They want a soft tender rib and a brisket that cuts with a fork. The Comp. guys even say, you can’t eat their food. These videos shows guys lathering so much crap on the meat; you can’t tell it’s meat. And what’s this covering it in tallow after it’s cooked to make it look juicy. That just shows you cooked a bad brisket. And the meat, that’s another problem, pigs and beef coming to market are much larger than 30 years ago. And much tougher.

You mean one like this. Skip to the 15:00 mark for the squeeze test. cheers

Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: TPACK] #8897921 08/09/23 12:57 AM
W
whitewing maniac Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
I think a bunch of those videos are a load of crap. I especially hate the “bend test” “pull test” on brisket. What a load. And that squeeze of the point where that V section of fat runs through it. Any idiot knows if you squeeze that fat; it will drip and run on the lean portion. And “competition bite” …are you kidding me? I’ve never been at any family reunion, church events, sports event where people, especially women and children wanted to have a bite through rib. They want a soft tender rib and a brisket that cuts with a fork. The Comp. guys even say, you can’t eat their food. These videos shows guys lathering so much crap on the meat; you can’t tell it’s meat. And what’s this covering it in tallow after it’s cooked to make it lovrrok juicy. That just shows you cooked a bad brisket. And the meat, that’s another problem, pigs and beef coming to market are much larger than 30 years ago. And much tougher.

I like some of Harry Soo's stuff, but not for brisket. Keep that California stuff over there

Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: whitewing maniac] #8897939 08/09/23 01:21 AM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I think a bunch of those videos are a load of crap. I especially hate the “bend test” “pull test” on brisket. What a load. And that squeeze of the point where that V section of fat runs through it. Any idiot knows if you squeeze that fat; it will drip and run on the lean portion. And “competition bite” …are you kidding me? I’ve never been at any family reunion, church events, sports event where people, especially women and children wanted to have a bite through rib. They want a soft tender rib and a brisket that cuts with a fork. The Comp. guys even say, you can’t eat their food. These videos shows guys lathering so much crap on the meat; you can’t tell it’s meat. And what’s this covering it in tallow after it’s cooked to make it lovrrok juicy. That just shows you cooked a bad brisket. And the meat, that’s another problem, pigs and beef coming to market are much larger than 30 years ago. And much tougher.

I like some of Harry Soo's stuff, but not for brisket. Keep that California stuff over there

I’m no expert, but a buddy of mine that owned Whitehouse Meat Market in Odessa told me how he picked his brisket to cook at the house. He believed if he could bend a brisket into an S when cold that’s the one he wanted. It’s always worked for me!

Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: TPACK] #8897985 08/09/23 02:27 AM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Yes, that squeeze test!!
On briskets… what a change over the past 25 years. I know you old timers will remember when the end of the flat was 1 1/2” thick on the meat—not 1/2” thick like now. And the point was trimmed down and not 8” wide now with a ton of trimmed fat. And Choice grade was really the Prime grade of today. I bought some Prime at Sam’s the other day and there was no way it was Prime. If you speak to the old butchers; they will agree.
As for Pigs; they’re going to market as giants, no more tender small ribs or baby backs.

Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: Huntmaster] #8898043 08/09/23 10:48 AM
T
TPACK Online Content OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Yes, that squeeze test!!
On briskets… what a change over the past 25 years. I know you old timers will remember when the end of the flat was 1 1/2” thick on the meat—not 1/2” thick like now. And the point was trimmed down and not 8” wide now with a ton of trimmed fat. And Choice grade was really the Prime grade of today. I bought some Prime at Sam’s the other day and there was no way it was Prime. If you speak to the old butchers; they will agree.
As for Pigs; they’re going to market as giants, no more tender small ribs or baby backs.

A case of Choice briskets used to weight anywhere from 65 lbs.-90 lbs. and not many on the upper end of the range. Seven briskets per case for an average of around 10-12 lbs. When I buy briskets @ Krogers when they are on sale the average is probably 15 lbs. and some are almost 20 lbs. HEB sells whole boneless pork loins that are much bigger than they were 25 years ago as well. The way that pigs and cattle come to market has changed drastically the past 25 years. Big corporations control all of the pork industry and if they could successfully manage the mama cow / calf part of the beef industry, the small local cattle producers would go away just like the pig farmers did. There would basically be no market for their product, and they would have to go out of business. I watched a documentary that showed how corporations took over the pork industry and at this time they haven`t figured out a way to control all of the beef industry or they would. Beef used to come boxed choice or higher on the label from the packer years ago. The demand for prime beef was not as high as it is today and they had to get rid of it somehow so they graded it correctly but boxed it with choice and sold it accordingly. Prime beef is in much bigger demand today since everyone wants the best of everything. Does beef from the packer still get shipped as choice or higher ? Who knows. I cut meat and managed a meat market for 25 years and I`m 64 years old so I qualify as an old butcher.

Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: machinist] #8899413 08/11/23 05:35 PM
H
Hogflyer Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Post it here! im open for suggestions, sweet to sour, doesnt matter to me, its all good!

"Buy more ammo, save it for a rainy day."
Re: BBQ Sauce Recipes [Re: TPACK] #8899707 08/12/23 01:45 AM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Yes, that squeeze test!!

A case of Choice briskets used to weight anywhere from 65 lbs.-90 lbs. and not many on the upper end of the range. Seven briskets per case for an average of around 10-12 lbs. When I buy briskets @ Krogers when they are on sale the average is probably 15 lbs. and some are almost 20 lbs. HEB sells whole boneless pork loins that are much bigger than they were 25 years ago as well. The way that pigs and cattle come to market has changed drastically the past 25 years. Big corporations control all of the pork industry and if they could successfully manage the mama cow / calf part of the beef industry, the small local cattle producers would go away just like the pig farmers did. There would basically be no market for their product, and they would have to go out of business. I watched a documentary that showed how corporations took over the pork industry and at this time they haven`t figured out a way to control all of the beef industry or they would. Beef used to come boxed choice or higher on the label from the packer years ago. The demand for prime beef was not as high as it is today and they had to get rid of it somehow so they graded it correctly but boxed it with choice and sold it accordingly. Prime beef is in much bigger demand today since everyone wants the best of everything. Does beef from the packer still get shipped as choice or higher ? Who knows. I cut meat and managed a meat market for 25 years and I`m 64 years old so I qualify as an old butcher.

That’s a big old beef to make a 65-90 lb brisket. How old did youbutcher them at?

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide