K
Ktexas14 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Originally Posted by Ramball36
I had 3 hs kids working for me this summer. 2 we’re pretty worthless, 1 is really good. I yelled at them the other day for doing a half [censored] job cleaning up outside, pretty good chewing but nothing crazy. Next day two of them put in their two weeks to go work at another fab shop. I sent them home on the spot, and from what the 3rd said they lasted 5 days before quitting at the new job. Gave the 1 good one that took the [censored] chewing a raise, he’s a good kid

This lines right up with my experience. I don’t blame the kids. I blame their worthless parents.

They quit because they got chewed out? Dang, they are going to have a very spotty resume if they keep doing that into adulthood.

Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: Ktexas14] #8893219 08/01/23 03:11 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Ktexas14
I had 3 hs kids working for me this summer. 2 we’re pretty worthless, 1 is really good. I yelled at them the other day for doing a half [censored] job cleaning up outside, pretty good chewing but nothing crazy. Next day two of them put in their two weeks to go work at another fab shop. I sent them home on the spot, and from what the 3rd said they lasted 5 days before quitting at the new job. Gave the 1 good one that took the [censored] chewing a raise, he’s a good kid

This lines right up with my experience. I don’t blame the kids. I blame their worthless parents.

They quit because they got chewed out? Dang, they are going to have a very spotty resume if they keep doing that into adulthood.

I had a 19 yo boy working for me. Baby on the way, barely worked 40 a week at a job you could work 80 on if you tried. Went around one day asking for Saturday volunteers, he said he would. Saturday he no showed no called. Monday I climbed in his rear and walked out of his ear. Loaded up and gone.

Sure that poor baby of his is on food stamps.

Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: ducknbass] #8893342 08/01/23 06:04 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Originally Posted by Ktexas14

I had a 19 yo boy working for me. Baby on the way, barely worked 40 a week at a job you could work 80 on if you tried. Went around one day asking for Saturday volunteers, he said he would. Saturday he no showed no called. Monday I climbed in his rear and walked out of his ear. Loaded up and gone.

Sure that poor baby of his is on food stamps.

Disgraceful.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: 603Country] #8893392 08/01/23 07:17 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
A lot of them want to be "influencers."

Thank goodness there's still some good ones.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: 603Country] #8893431 08/01/23 08:01 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
I've run into the same thing trying to hire people that are late teens to early twenties. I just need someone to show up from 7:00 in the morning till 2:00 or 3:00 in the afternoon and clean 10 swimming pools in that time frame Monday through Friday and I'll pay them fat money. Most of them break after the third day of training with me. It's gotten so bad that I'm going to go hire some redneck kids straight out of prison cuz maybe they have a little backbone.

You should have seen the last guy I tried hiring. Thought he was a tough guy, covered in tattoos, but came from a nice neighborhood. He was such a pansy he wouldn't even stick his hand into a skimmer basket to pull the leaves out of it because he thought something was going to bite him and he almost had a heart attack when a June bug held on to his finger once.

Edit: One of my account is a topless bar. I will literally pay someone to go to a topless bar twice per week and I still can't get anyone that will show up and do what they're supposed to do.

Last edited by blkt2; 08/01/23 08:17 PM.
Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: Creekrunner] #8893461 08/01/23 08:42 PM
C
Cool Mo D Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by 603Country
Stub, I’m viewing all this grandkid stuff from afar. Purely observation. Though I’ve been tempted to give advice, I’ve held it back mostly. I was very impressed most of the time by the child rearing of the oldest 2 grandkids. As for the younger 2, I started to see troubling signs when the older of those two, the boy, never stuck with anything. He quit baseball, quit football, quit soccer, track and cross country. Then he went off to LSU and quit, then to A&M and quit. Now he’s at Texas Tech, or will be.

The basis for all of this comes from that youngest SIL. He and his siblings were beaten by their father as they grew up, so when the SIL became a parent, he didn’t want to punish the kids any worse than time-outs. Our daughter went along with that. Bad mistake.

I really wonder where the younger grandkids go from here. The girl shows some potential, but the boy, who is a rather charming kid, hasn’t shown me anything to impress.

I did suggest that the USMC might reshape the boy, remembering how much ‘fun’ I had, but that wasn’t even considered.

So, I observe, and bite my tongue.

Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: blkt2] #8893462 08/01/23 08:42 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Whats fat money? you making them contract or real employees with a company truck and tools............fat money...........30 bucks a pool now? or more

Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: Cool Mo D] #8893468 08/01/23 08:49 PM
C
Cool Mo D Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
603, it's my understanding the Corps is not like it was when I was in and probably you too. If a recruit finds things
that are a little rough, he has a STRESS card he can pull. Back up DI's. We are in one He$$ of a mess here in this
country!

Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: blkt2] #8893469 08/01/23 08:49 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by blkt2
Edit: One of my account is a topless bar. I will literally pay someone to go to a topless bar twice per week and I still can't get anyone that will show up and do what they're supposed to do.

Against my better judgement, I have to inquire...what exactly goes on in a pool in a topless bar? Do you swim up to the bar? Do you just watch them "frolic"? I understand the old Playboy mansion. I do not understand a topless bar with a pool. Is there synchronized swimming per chance?

Last edited by Creekrunner; 08/01/23 08:51 PM.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: 603Country] #8893480 08/01/23 09:03 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

Hard Times Create Strong Men, Strong Men Create Good Times, Good Times Create Weak Men, Weak Men Create Hard Times

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: Cool Mo D] #8893505 08/01/23 09:23 PM
603Country Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
God help me…a stress card in Marine basic?

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: fadetoblack64] #8893522 08/01/23 09:46 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by fadetoblack64
Whats fat money? you making them contract or real employees with a company truck and tools............fat money...........30 bucks a pool now? or more

$3850 in cash per month as an employee and reporting is up to them, I pay health insurance 100% for them and their family, they get the use of a brand new truck that they can take home and I'm very lenient with a gas card, I also pay their phone bill. Not bad for a youngster with no skills whatsoever who only has to clean 10 to 12 pools per day.

I may wind up hiring my father-in-law since he is about 8 years younger than me and I know that he's a hard worker.

Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: Creekrunner] #8893524 08/01/23 09:49 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

Against my better judgement, I have to inquire...what exactly goes on in a pool in a topless bar? Do you swim up to the bar? Do you just watch them "frolic"? I understand the old Playboy mansion. I do not understand a topless bar with a pool. Is there synchronized swimming per chance?

It's nothing that fancy. It's just a square pool with a round hot tub on one end and across the pool from the hot tub is a elevated stage with the same footprint as the hot tub. The bar is about 12 ft from the pool so to get a drink you have to get out. Not all that many people swim in the pool but if you buy a bottle the managers will fire up the hot tub for you to get in and that is very popular with the clientele and it's a good money maker for the club.

Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: blkt2] #8893526 08/01/23 09:51 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Youre so full of chit.............you need to write a series for ROKU................LMAO

Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: fadetoblack64] #8893531 08/01/23 09:56 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Youre so full of chit.............you need to write a series for ROKU................LMAO

You can meet me there tomorrow at 11am for lunch if you like. I'll even pay. Just let me know if you are going to make it through a PM.

Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: blkt2] #8893536 08/01/23 10:03 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H

It's nothing that fancy. It's just a square pool with a round hot tub on one end and across the pool from the hot tub is a elevated stage with the same footprint as the hot tub. The bar is about 12 ft from the pool so to get a drink you have to get out. Not all that many people swim in the pool but if you buy a bottle the managers will fire up the hot tub for you to get in and that is very popular with the clientele and it's a good money maker for the club.

Creek gonna get a bath.

Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: blkt2] #8893538 08/01/23 10:07 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F

You can meet me there tomorrow at 11am for lunch if you like. I'll even pay. Just let me know if you are going to make it through a PM.

LMAO..............No..........I aint gonna be lunch for a weirdo like you. Not many scare me but you do

Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: Hudbone] #8893539 08/01/23 10:07 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Hudbone

Creek gonna get a bath.

Management frowns on that sorta thing.

Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: Creekrunner] #8893545 08/01/23 10:12 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
That Donald Harper scares me too on the TFF...............always looking for a worker and gives them lunch...............or are they the lunch?

Noone ever goes back to work at his place for a second time...........its weird but I notice weird.

Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: 603Country] #8893552 08/01/23 10:16 PM
topwater13 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
One word-
Soft

Going to get worse before it gets better. More than likely the better will not be in any of our lifetimes.

Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: fadetoblack64] #8893560 08/01/23 10:23 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B

LMAO..............No..........I aint gonna be lunch for a weirdo like you. Not many scare me but you do

If you're not willing to meet me then quit telling me I'm full of it. I can back up most of the stuff I talk about.

Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: 603Country] #8893579 08/01/23 10:40 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
The word "most" is very telling.

Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: Creekrunner] #8893587 08/01/23 10:49 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
The word "most" is very telling.

A lot of things there simply is no evidence other than my memories. Other things I have pictures of or I can simply take a picture of it.

Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: fadetoblack64] #8893813 08/02/23 04:37 AM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B

You really have no sense of adventure. I will provide my info in a PM if you like so you can run a background check. If you bring a drug test I'll even give you a urine sample, a very large one just to settle your nerves.

Re: Yutes can’t deal with stress [Re: fadetoblack64] #8893820 08/02/23 05:21 AM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

rofl

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide