Forums46
Topics538,368
Posts9,736,373
Members87,084
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8883057 07/15/23 09:20 PM
R
rogerh Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
R
i carry everywhere.....do you think the bad guys give a chit?

Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8883182 07/16/23 02:32 AM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Situational Awareness

Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8883204 07/16/23 03:43 AM
G
gusick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
I'd pack both. If one doesn't work, try the other. Or just carry a baseball bat, I doubt anybody would mess with you.

Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: gusick] #8883214 07/16/23 04:17 AM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Originally Posted by gusick
I'd pack both. If one doesn't work, try the other. Or just carry a baseball bat, I doubt anybody would mess with you.

But then you could just take your BF everywhere you go and he would protect you...

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8883317 07/16/23 02:39 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted by BigPig
A gun. A gun is the only option. Don’t reveal your hand until forced, then the consequences of having a gun far outweigh being dead

flehan Did this^^^ at work for years where firearms were expressly forbidden. Just changed jobs. New company "encourages" handguns (a couple) in the vehicle. Refreshing....

Always carry unless you have to go through a search/metal detector...if you have to submit to a search/metal detector simply don't go there...

Every law enforcement officer I am friends with has told me to ignore a 30.06 sign.

Then last years legislation that put a defense to prosecution of criminal trespass being that you immediately leave the posted establishment, if you are discovered, effectively made the 30.06 sign not worth the paper it is printed on.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8883325 07/16/23 02:50 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Based on the OP's first post, this was a question for being employed somewhere and carrying is not an option.

Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: J.G.] #8883328 07/16/23 02:55 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by J.G.
A gun. A gun is the only option. Don’t reveal your hand until forced, then the consequences of having a gun far outweigh being dead

flehan Did this^^^ at work for years where firearms were expressly forbidden. Just changed jobs. New company "encourages" handguns (a couple) in the vehicle. Refreshing....

Always carry unless you have to go through a search/metal detector...if you have to submit to a search/metal detector simply don't go there...

Every law enforcement officer I am friends with has told me to ignore a 30.06 sign.

Then last years legislation that put a defense to prosecution of criminal trespass being that you immediately leave the posted establishment, if you are discovered, effectively made the 30.06 sign not worth the paper it is printed on.

^^^ Concealed is concealed. Act the part then most will never know you're carrying. Of course there those d-bags that prefer to "flaunt" the fact that they are carrying a firearm.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8883336 07/16/23 03:12 PM
S
spacejunkie Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Based on the OP's first post, this was a question for being employed somewhere and carrying is not an option.

Might try this-- https://www.swordcane.com/

Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: spacejunkie] #8883390 07/16/23 05:29 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by spacejunkie
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

Might try this-- https://www.swordcane.com/

Think you can get them past an airport security screening if you are in a wheelchair?

Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8883392 07/16/23 05:32 PM
TKM Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
I carry everywhere but past security in an airport. Used to work for a milti-billion $ corporation that had a ban on firearms in the office or company vehicles. Everyday i had one on me and one in my laptop bag.
Unless there is a metal detector where you are going, what is it that keeps you from carrying?

Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: J.G.] #8883394 07/16/23 05:40 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

That’s kind of always been the unwritten rule. Carry in the 30.06 zones until you’re asked to leave, then politely leave. Most people will confront you and ask you to leave before calling the cops, and if they call the cops there’s a hood chance it’s going to take a while for them to show up, not like they will be coming lights & sirens to a criminal trespass call.

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: J.G.] #8883405 07/16/23 06:03 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

its more about HR employer handbook policy then the sign.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8883411 07/16/23 06:16 PM
I
Indianation65 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
I
In all seriousness, if a gun is not possible for whatever reason, then...

I carry a large knife on me.

I also watch/practice self-defense videos just so I can see, and "hope" to remember if needed.

If I had a job where i worried about going to my car at night, and I could not have a pistol, I"d probably carry a bat or an axe handle with me, making it visible as I walk.

Addendum: I'll read this entire topic later to see what ideas I missed.

...!

Last edited by Indianation65; 07/16/23 06:17 PM.
Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8883433 07/16/23 07:02 PM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe
You might could wear an obvious looking concealed handgun holster or pouch. Of the type when you see one your thinking yea that's a gun. Criminals know too. Of course all it would have in it is bear spray or your leftover lunch, but the visual combined with staying alert on situational awareness would be a good deterrent.

Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: Indianation65] #8883494 07/16/23 09:37 PM
G
Grit Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Indianation65
In all seriousness, if a gun is not possible for whatever reason, then...

I carry a large knife on me.

I also watch/practice self-defense videos just so I can see, and "hope" to remember if needed.

If I had a job where i worried about going to my car at night, and I could not have a pistol, I"d probably carry a bat or an axe handle with me, making it visible as I walk.

Addendum: I'll read this entire topic later to see what ideas I missed.

...!

I would agree with the knife. I have a few Bowie's I really like, but a double-edge boot knife is more convenient. A knife is a great backup weapon as long as you understand that you're going to have to get up close and personal.

Garrett
Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8883618 07/17/23 01:26 AM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Your daughter needs to quit the Dallas dream. Rural America is safer and the teacher carry. Unless she’s teaching in highland park it’s time to quit. Unless she lives in highlands park it’s time to move.

Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: RedRanger] #8883637 07/17/23 02:08 AM
B
Blackout Bill Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
B

Good buddy of mine just tucks the gun between his scrotum and leg when he goes thru metal detectors, they will give him a quick pat down and never find his gun, these are just security gaurds doing the pat downs.[/quote]

I’m curious which weapon of choice is crammed in there? I’ve heard of appendix carry, but scrotum carry?

Some rednecks on here are reaching for the duct tape as I type. roflmao

Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: ducknbass] #8883651 07/17/23 02:52 AM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Your daughter needs to quit the Dallas dream. Rural America is safer and the teacher carry. Unless she’s teaching in highland park it’s time to quit. Unless she lives in highlands park it’s time to move.

very observant D&B and I agree, working on it.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: Blackout Bill] #8883691 07/17/23 09:33 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Blackout Bill

Good buddy of mine just tucks the gun between his scrotum and leg when he goes thru metal detectors, they will give him a quick pat down and never find his gun, these are just security gaurds doing the pat downs.

I’m curious which weapon of choice is crammed in there? I’ve heard of appendix carry, but scrotum carry?

Some rednecks on here are reaching for the duct tape as I type. roflmao[/quote]

I am not sure, this is in Philippines where you have to go thru metal detectors and pat downs just to enter a mall. I watch the detector go off and then they used the pat down and then we get inside and he just reaches in and brings it back to his pocket.

It's really kinda funny.

Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8883727 07/17/23 12:34 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Demo Dick Marchinko used the crotch carry to get into Lebanon. He was pretending to be a terrorist to test embassy security.

Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: ducknbass] #8883741 07/17/23 12:56 PM
K
Ktexas14 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K

Lol some of yall are wild. I live in a safe neighborhood in NRH on the border of Keller. Yall act like there are bands of marauders in DFW just driving around pillaging everything. Plenty of good places to live in DFW.

Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: wp75169] #8883984 07/17/23 06:38 PM
P
psycho0819 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted by wp75169
Work should provide better security and parking if they don’t permit firearms.

Female?

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If the company will not allow a person to protect their self, then it is the company's responsibility to provide protection.

Aside from that, Bear Spray

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without conviction.

The end of the world began the day it was created, and life is a sexually transmitted terminal disease.

Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: Ktexas14] #8884010 07/17/23 07:19 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Ktexas14

Lol some of yall are wild. I live in a safe neighborhood in NRH on the border of Keller. Yall act like there are bands of marauders in DFW just driving around pillaging everything. Plenty of good places to live in DFW.

I’ve stood over the bodies of a lot of dead people in Fort Worth who thought their neighborhood was safe.

Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8885548 07/19/23 11:44 PM
glens Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Get and carry the newest latest I Phone on your Hip. They'll steal it and leave you alone..

Re: A gun is not an option, so, what's next up? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8885674 07/20/23 02:39 AM
nebo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Buzz, I can't believe you don't have some good red neck friends around that won't play overwatch for your daughter. We do it for each other and our loveones. A red neck across the street with a good deer rifle is the best way to protect the ones you love. And if things go bad, just drive away. No connections.

Mayor of Nebo , Texas this week
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide