Forums46
Topics538,069
Posts9,732,615
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Can mark Aero Precision off the list of companies I’ll do business with again [Re: RJH1] #8875125 06/28/23 10:02 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy OP
Texoma Legend
OP Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by RJH1
This is hilarious, y'all aren't going to buy from a company because a guy ham-handedly broke parts in a way that they say not to use them. And if you think accompany you should list every way to not break their parts you've got to be nuts. Maybe they should put a video on their website about how to install barrel devices and such and say to "use a vise block like this," and actually have a video where they are using an Otis style block. Oh wait, they already did that

Also, I do not own any areo precision parts or work for aero precision or any of their subsidiaries LOL. It just astounds me that people are upset basically about a slow response to an email. Because any reasonable person cannot be upset at areo for somebody breaking their stuff by trying to install things wrong.

I never instructed anyone not to buy anything. I simply said I wouldn’t be buying anything from them again because of their [censored] customer service.

Can you point out where on their website it says not to install a barrel device like this? Just because it’s not the way you do it doesn’t mean anything. I’ve done hundreds like this and have never had one problem whatsoever. I didn’t ham handily do anything. My torque wrench was set to to 25ft pounds that shouldn’t have been enough to break the tang off even if I was really trying to break it.

Seemed like a faulty part which is why I reached out to the company. Obviously you’re not very big on reading comprehension. I already said I wasn’t even gonna post this and had already bought another of the exact same upper from them and installed my muzzle device the exact same way and guess what didn’t break the tang off. I also already said that I wouldn’t have posted this regardless if it hadn’t been for their crappy CS and BS response.

But you do you, I’ll continue to do me.

[Linked Image]

Re: Can mark Aero Precision off the list of companies I’ll do business with again [Re: KRoyal] #8875146 06/28/23 10:23 PM
R
RJH1 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted by KRoyal
Originally Posted by RJH1
This is hilarious, y'all aren't going to buy from a company because a guy ham-handedly broke parts in a way that they say not to use them. And if you think accompany you should list every way to not break their parts you've got to be nuts. Maybe they should put a video on their website about how to install barrel devices and such and say to "use a vise block like this," and actually have a video where they are using an Otis style block. Oh wait, they already did that

Also, I do not own any areo precision parts or work for aero precision or any of their subsidiaries LOL. It just astounds me that people are upset basically about a slow response to an email. Because any reasonable person cannot be upset at areo for somebody breaking their stuff by trying to install things wrong.

I never instructed anyone not to buy anything. I simply said I wouldn’t be buying anything from them again because of their [censored] customer service.

Can you point out where on their website it says not to install a barrel device like this? Just because it’s not the way you do it doesn’t mean anything. I’ve done hundreds like this and have never had one problem whatsoever. I didn’t ham handily do anything. My torque wrench was set to to 25ft pounds that shouldn’t have been enough to break the tang off even if I was really trying to break it.

Seemed like a faulty part which is why I reached out to the company. Obviously you’re not very big on reading comprehension. I already said I wasn’t even gonna post this and had already bought another of the exact same upper from them and installed my muzzle device the exact same way and guess what didn’t break the tang off. I also already said that I wouldn’t have posted this regardless if it hadn’t been for their crappy CS and BS response.

But you do you, I’ll continue to do me.

I didn't say you instructed anybody to do anything, maybe your reading comprehension needs work too LOL. I was laughing at the people who said they wouldn't buy anything from arrow precision because you broke something. That's kind of comical

I never said their website said to not use a device like that, once again reading comprehension LOL, what I said was their website has a video and in that video they say use a vise block like this. The vice block in the video is an Otis type.

Once again I stated earlier you might have gotten away with something a hundred times, just like I did with that bearing race, but that don't mean I was doing it the best way possible, as apparently neither were you. Dang old reading comprehension rearing its ugly head again LOL

As for the last part you also stated that you would just sell the one that they sent you, if they did send you one. So apparently you were kind of hoping for a new one. I did paraphrase that it's on a different page and I didn't want to lose all this crap I'd already typed LOL. So if I messed that up it was because of s***** memory not reading comprehension LOL

So you are correct, I will do me. I will install bearings the correct way from now on. Whether or not you will learn a lesson and use a better vice block is completely up to you

So in summary people not buying something because you broke it is what is funny. Also, a $30 lesson is pretty cheap. People expecting a company to just throw $30 parts around to everybody that breaks them is also kind of funny (I'm not saying that's exactly what you expected, but there was a post where somebody said they figured they would just give that out since it was only a $30 part, I don't know how many people break that $30 part but I'm sure it adds up quick).

Have a good one

Re: Can mark Aero Precision off the list of companies I’ll do business with again [Re: KRoyal] #8875151 06/28/23 10:34 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy OP
Texoma Legend
OP Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
I apologize, I read your post wrong, lol that reading comprehension on my part.

The guy I talked to from Aero after I didn’t hear from them for 2 weeks was the one that told me they’d more than likely send me another upper. That’s the only reason I went ahead and bought another one and with intent of selling the one the sent me in return. I wasn’t very hopeful until talking to him and him telling me that. The part for them is about $30 to machine they sell to public for around $120.

I’ll definitely be looking at a different vice blocks for future builds. This one is about 10-15 years old anyway. I’m sure there are newer better ways of doing things, it’s just how I’ve always done it.

[Linked Image]

Re: Can mark Aero Precision off the list of companies I’ll do business with again [Re: KRoyal] #8875478 06/29/23 04:14 PM
G
garyrapp55 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
I wish we had more posts like this ^^^ one instead of pages and pages of peter measure contests. Nice work gents.

Last edited by garyrapp55; 06/29/23 04:15 PM.
Re: Can mark Aero Precision off the list of companies I’ll do business with again [Re: garyrapp55] #8875780 06/30/23 01:28 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy OP
Texoma Legend
OP Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by garyrapp55
I wish we had more posts like this ^^^ one instead of pages and pages of peter measure contests. Nice work gents.

Absolutely, I don’t mind admitting when I’m wrong.

[Linked Image]

Re: Can mark Aero Precision off the list of companies I’ll do business with again [Re: KRoyal] #8875792 06/30/23 01:54 AM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
FYI...instead of clam shell type vice blocks consider using a reaction rod from Geissele. No stress is put on the upper receiver. Available in 5.56 or 7.62.

https://geissele.com/reaction-rod-5-56-223.html

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Can mark Aero Precision off the list of companies I’ll do business with again [Re: KRoyal] #8876443 07/01/23 03:07 PM
T
tenyearsgone Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Great, just one less customer I have to worry about causing an item to be OOS. Aero is a great company.

Re: Can mark Aero Precision off the list of companies I’ll do business with again [Re: KRoyal] #8876448 07/01/23 03:19 PM
P_102 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
What is OOS?

Do not trifle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Re: Can mark Aero Precision off the list of companies I’ll do business with again [Re: P_102] #8876466 07/01/23 04:12 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy OP
Texoma Legend
OP Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by P_102
What is OOS?

Out of stock

Again, im not telling anyone not to buy their products just posting my experience with customer service. Aero does make, in my opinion, the best products in this price point. CS just left a bad taste in my mouth.

He did write me back after my last response and apologized that they couldn’t warranty the upper but offered me a discount on a new one. Wished me a great weekend and happy Independence Day. A lot different tone than the last email I received from him.

Not going to take him up on it because I’ve already bought another upper. But will email him back and tell him thank you for trying to work with me on the discount.

[Linked Image]

Re: Can mark Aero Precision off the list of companies I’ll do business with again [Re: KRoyal] #8876469 07/01/23 04:39 PM
9x19 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Thanks for the update, it's good to hear they offered you something in the end.

The main reason I chose the BEV block from Magpul over the reaction rods from others, is ease of storage, and its multi-use features.

https://magpul.com/bev-block-ar15-m4.html

Re: Can mark Aero Precision off the list of companies I’ll do business with again [Re: 9x19] #8876472 07/01/23 04:58 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by 9x19
Thanks for the update, it's good to hear they offered you something in the end.

The main reason I chose the BEV block from Magpul over the reaction rods from others, is ease of storage, and its multi-use features.

https://magpul.com/bev-block-ar15-m4.html

Never knew MP offered this. Looks like a solid addition to the tool box.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Can mark Aero Precision off the list of companies I’ll do business with again [Re: KRoyal] #8876496 07/01/23 05:56 PM
M
machinist Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Everything and I mean everything I have ever read said clamp the barrel in a barrel fixture or between 2 blocks of wood to hold the barrel not the upper. There is too much leverage to hold it with the upper. Just because you have done it before doesn’t make it right. You just got lucky if you did it before and didn’t break anything.

Last edited by machinist; 07/01/23 05:57 PM.

some people like silver and gold
I like brass and lead with a little powder in between
Re: Can mark Aero Precision off the list of companies I’ll do business with again [Re: KRoyal] #8876725 07/02/23 12:09 PM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I use the Magpul bev block. I can see why Aero might not warranty something like that. They probably get bubba gunsmith issues all the time and its hard to navigate which are their issue vs bubba caused issue. The timeliness of them getting back to you and how the handled it is a legit rant.

Re: Can mark Aero Precision off the list of companies I’ll do business with again [Re: KRoyal] #8877272 07/03/23 06:36 PM
D
David Maas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Ask them if you can send them the upper on your dime for inspection, I see discoloration that suggests that there was a minor crack. If I am seeing it correct, it appears there are rings of discoloration from the surface.

Worth a shot

NRA Endowed Patriot Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Re: Can mark Aero Precision off the list of companies I’ll do business with again [Re: David Maas] #8877558 07/04/23 12:22 PM
Chickenman Offline
Extremely Right Wing
Extremely Right Wing
Originally Posted by David Maas
Ask them if you can send them the upper on your dime for inspection, I see discoloration that suggests that there was a minor crack. If I am seeing it correct, it appears there are rings of discoloration from the surface.

Worth a shot

That's what I was thinking.

They make a specific dissipator upper I'm interested in. I might hold back and look at other options.

[Linked Image]
Re: Can mark Aero Precision off the list of companies I’ll do business with again [Re: Chickenman] #8877620 07/04/23 03:00 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy OP
Texoma Legend
OP Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by Chickenman
Originally Posted by David Maas

Worth a shot

That's what I was thinking.

They make a specific dissipator upper I'm interested in. I might hold back and look at other options.

I wouldn’t hold back, this was 100% my fault and I’ll be buying a new armorers setup. Aero makes great stuff.

[Linked Image]

Re: Can mark Aero Precision off the list of companies I’ll do business with again [Re: KRoyal] #8878118 07/05/23 06:18 PM
D
David Maas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Buy the M4E1 series of receivers.

Also, buy the No Mar kits, they lock the receiver in between two pieces, one on top of the picatinny rail and the other on the bottom rails of the receiver. While you are buying, get a Geissele Reaction Rod, it removes the receiver from the equation when installing muzzle devices.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

NRA Endowed Patriot Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide