Print Thread
ISO Deer lease, south east Texas area #8866811 06/12/23 05:04 PM
W
whitewing maniac Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
After being on my 1st and only lease for 14 years it came to an end in 2020. Land owner decided to give the properties to his new step son. So been hunting the Sam Houston National Forest the past 2 years, but after having a camera and pop up blind stolen last season, I'm done with that. I'm in my mid 50's, and a responsible person. Would really like something around Montgomery, Grimes or San Jacinto counties, but willing to go a little further. Not looking for any trophy lease, I'm just a regular blue collar guy that's not rich, a small lease is all I'm really looking for. But really want to stay under $1K for year round or seasonal spot. If a landowner is just willing to lease out a piece of property that's great. No electric is needed, running water would be good though but not a necessity.

Thank you,
Trey

Re: ISO Deer lease, south east Texas area [Re: whitewing maniac] #8866872 06/12/23 07:24 PM
R
Russ79 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Not to kick you when you are down, but leaving anything on public hunting areas and expecting it to still be there when you get back is risky at best. When I used to hunt public land, I had a fool proof way to make sure any lock on stand I put up was still there when I came back. I would use climbing steps attached to the tree to put one up but then remove them after I had the stand in place. A friend of mine years ago let me have the climbing spurs he had from his Army days and I would use them to get up to my stand- they take some practice and getting used to but they worked. Anyway, keep an eye on www.crownpineleasing.com- that is a timber company website that I use to lease hunting property. They should start showing some open tracts in the next few weeks.

Re: ISO Deer lease, south east Texas area [Re: Russ79] #8867032 06/12/23 11:35 PM
W
whitewing maniac Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Originally Posted by Russ79
Not to kick you when you are down, but leaving anything on public hunting areas and expecting it to still be there when you get back is risky at best. When I used to hunt public land, I had a fool proof way to make sure any lock on stand I put up was still there when I came back. I would use climbing steps attached to the tree to put one up but then remove them after I had the stand in place. A friend of mine years ago let me have the climbing spurs he had from his Army days and I would use them to get up to my stand- they take some practice and getting used to but they worked. Anyway, keep an eye on www.crownpineleasing.com- that is a timber company website that I use to lease hunting property. They should start showing some open tracts in the next few weeks.

I understand that now. Was hunting really close to lease I was on since it bordered the national in a few areas. Never had a problem until now. But that's the way it goes I guess.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide