Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Cabo… [Re: Jimbo1] #8862575 06/04/23 06:17 PM
Guy Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
What a neat looking place! Can you actually swim at that beach?

Yes. Where I’m sitting water is calm, protected. Red line is sandy beach, but you can see rocks east of red.
[Linked Image]

I’m sitting at the bar now, looking east and I see huge waives crashing beach. It might be reefs over there

[Linked Image]

Re: Cabo… [Re: Guy] #8862576 06/04/23 06:19 PM
Guy Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Just had breakfast, coffee…

[Linked Image]

Switch to beer now.

[Linked Image]

Re: Cabo… [Re: Guy] #8862583 06/04/23 06:29 PM
Guy Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
This is where we surfed. East of San Jose.. that first big red pin drop is where the concrete road ends, then just sand/dirt road. The other small red pin drop is where we surfed

[Linked Image]

Driving down the beach, wild steer and donkeys everywhere.

[Linked Image]

Re: Cabo… [Re: Guy] #8862595 06/04/23 07:14 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Great pics, looks like a great time was had.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Cabo… [Re: Guy] #8862612 06/04/23 08:06 PM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
Very cool, sir. Thanks for sharing. up

[Linked Image]
Re: Cabo… [Re: Guy] #8862634 06/04/23 08:44 PM
Guy Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
I just wrote this guy an awesome review, not that he needs it, he has 258 reviews, way more than any other surf instructor in Cabos, every single review is 5 star.

[Linked Image]

Re: Cabo… [Re: kry226] #8862651 06/04/23 09:13 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Great pics, looks like a great time was had.

Originally Posted by kry226
Very cool, sir. Thanks for sharing. up

Agree cheers

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Cabo… [Re: Guy] #8862684 06/04/23 10:06 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Awesome!!

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Cabo… [Re: DQ Kid] #8863378 06/06/23 01:50 AM
Guy Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Beautiful ocean views but the Pacific waters are cold, lower 70s for water temps.

Big difference in water temperature in Cabo San Lucas (where we stayed) vs east of San Jose Cabo where I surfed and posted maps above. My surf instructor said water temps were 82 degrees where we surfed, not cold at all. In San Lucas where we stayed, water much colder, you get the pacific waters, don't know the temp, but cold where you make a face going in, but after you go in you are ok, so not that cold.

Flew back home today, pic below was last night eating at our hotel roof top restaurant at the Corazon. The moon was just incredible, lite up everything..

[Linked Image]

Re: Cabo… [Re: Guy] #8863380 06/06/23 01:53 AM
L
LonestarCobra Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Seems like you had a great trip up

Re: Cabo… [Re: Guy] #8863396 06/06/23 02:18 AM
Guy Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Guy

This place is rocken..

[Linked Image]

I will tell you guys, this place is crazy. I found it day 1, but we we went there some more, and realized how crazy it was. The Mango. So here is the deal with this place, this is where the college kids go to get hammered. They have a stage, major drunk entertainment.

Typically it goes like this, they have like 10 chairs on stage, they ask for 10 girls to volunteer to perform, then "Jerry Springer" guy on stage running the show has no problem finding volunteers, he has to pick 10 there are so many girls want to get on stage, some times he has the crowed yell to help him decide which girls are best.

Then he says we need a male judge on stage to volunteer, and of course you have ton a males that want to be the judge. So Jerry says "Judge goes to the highest bidder". So one guy raises his hand $100, next guy $200, next guy $300.. Finally a Texan said "$700!". This is the only pic I got yesterday, my phone ran out of juice. It was like a "shake your bootie" contest, but they do all kinds of stupid stuff. Girls get up there show their boobs and do all kinds of crazy crap. That girl on stage there was just hammered. You can see the bouncer guy on the bottom right having to control the crowed.

[Linked Image]

Re: Cabo… [Re: Guy] #8863412 06/06/23 02:46 AM
H
HuntnFly67 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
You went to Cabo and didn’t fish?!?

Love it down there, but if I don’t go offshore at least one day, it’s a wasted trip for me.

Re: Cabo… [Re: HuntnFly67] #8863431 06/06/23 03:30 AM
Guy Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by HuntnFly67

Love it down there, but if I don’t go offshore at least one day, it’s a wasted trip for me.

I was only there 2 full days. Got there Friday, Saturday was surf day, Sunday hung out with wife and daughter all day, came home today. We were planning to drive to AR for the weekend, last minute decided to go to Cabos instead. Felt like I was there a week.

So do you keep your catch? I have really no interest in fishing if I cannot keep my catch. I’m not into “sport” fishing.

Re: Cabo… [Re: Guy] #8863460 06/06/23 10:24 AM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Guy

I was only there 2 full days. Got there Friday, Saturday was surf day, Sunday hung out with wife and daughter all day, came home today. We were planning to drive to AR for the weekend, last minute decided to go to Cabos instead. Felt like I was there a week.

So do you keep your catch? I have really no interest in fishing if I cannot keep my catch. I’m not into “sport” fishing.

It has been a while, but every time I was in Mexico we would go bill fishing first but try and catch some good table fare fish like Mahi-mahi/Dorado, Yellow fin tuna and bring it back to the hotel where we were staying at and they would cook it for us at a very reasonable price!

Last edited by Stub; 06/06/23 10:31 AM.

texas flag

—Groucho Marx

Re: Cabo… [Re: Guy] #8863463 06/06/23 10:40 AM
H
HuntnFly67 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
When we go, we chase marlin, but more than once we have bought coolers at Costco while down there and called those our checked bag loaded with frozen tuna and mahi on the flight back.

Last edited by HuntnFly67; 06/06/23 10:41 AM.
Re: Cabo… [Re: Stub] #8863614 06/06/23 04:27 PM
Guy Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by Guy

It has been a while, but every time I was in Mexico we would go bill fishing first but try and catch some good table fare fish like Mahi-mahi/Dorado, Yellow fin tuna and bring it back to the hotel where we were staying at and they would cook it for us at a very reasonable price!

Part of the fun is cooking my own catch. Same with hunting, cooking my own kill is half the fun. That’s just me though.

Re: Cabo… [Re: Guy] #8863712 06/06/23 08:23 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by Guy

Part of the fun is cooking my own catch. Same with hunting, cooking my own kill is half the fun. That’s just me though.

I like to cook my harvest also.

Bet it was a challenge down in Cabo trying to knock the fish out with your surf board then cook them on your little Weber grill that was at home confused2

Last edited by Stub; 06/06/23 08:23 PM.

texas flag

—Groucho Marx

Re: Cabo… [Re: Guy] #8864063 06/07/23 04:12 PM
B
Bandit 200 XP Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
coolpics

Re: Cabo… [Re: Guy] #8864140 06/07/23 08:02 PM
A
Always ready 2 hunt Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
A
Guy,
that is wife's favorite home away from home area. Just got back a couple weeks and headed back with all family Christmas. We go several times a year for couple weeks at a time. Watched them build Mango Deck many years ago and it has expanded many times. The party scene there is very tame these days compare to days gone bye. Now the game participants have to stay clothed, Big John Tequila pourer can't touch the customers and no more booby twisting and pinching when he shakes your head and blows whistle in your ears. Downtown is tame and marina has become pricey even for Cabo. It all started chaning when they paved the corridor highway and eventually built new airport terminal(s). Still way better and safer that Cancun, et al.

Fishing is fantastic. Catch some for cooking up at case or plenty of restaurants will cook your catch. Black and Blue Marlin in Oct/Nov is great but our best day on big bills was a July day. Dorado are finally coming back.

Love your surfing adventure. The waves up Pacific much better but also lot more dangerous and much colder water. When my young adult kids go with us they like to stay right there behind Mango Deck (bought that before they even had a sales desk or preconstruction) but wife and I now stay at Land's End on the Pacific on the tip.

Next trip Seaboy or Monkey Business for drinks (pre-tailgating before hitting the other bars and clubs). Yes, Lot's of fine dining in Cabo. a few farm to table but our favorite is still Flora Farms NE of San Jose marina.
Ceritos Beach has become busy with some new bars about halfway down to beach now but it is nice place to learn to surf even for smaller kids. There are surf vendors there on location. I like Guy's private surfing and have made note. Thanks for positing.

Last edited by Always ready 2 hunt; 06/07/23 08:15 PM.
Re: Cabo… [Re: Guy] #8864181 06/07/23 09:11 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Did you end up being a judge at the Mango?

Re: Cabo… [Re: Always ready 2 hunt] #8864486 06/08/23 01:59 PM
Guy Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Always ready 2 hunt
Guy,
that is wife's favorite home away from home area. Just got back a couple weeks and headed back with all family Christmas. We go several times a year for couple weeks at a time. Watched them build Mango Deck many years ago and it has expanded many times. The party scene there is very tame these days compare to days gone bye. Now the game participants have to stay clothed, Big John Tequila pourer can't touch the customers and no more booby twisting and pinching when he shakes your head and blows whistle in your ears. Downtown is tame and marina has become pricey even for Cabo. It all started chaning when they paved the corridor highway and eventually built new airport terminal(s). Still way better and safer that Cancun, et al.

Fishing is fantastic. Catch some for cooking up at case or plenty of restaurants will cook your catch. Black and Blue Marlin in Oct/Nov is great but our best day on big bills was a July day. Dorado are finally coming back.

Love your surfing adventure. The waves up Pacific much better but also lot more dangerous and much colder water. When my young adult kids go with us they like to stay right there behind Mango Deck (bought that before they even had a sales desk or preconstruction) but wife and I now stay at Land's End on the Pacific on the tip.

Next trip Seaboy or Monkey Business for drinks (pre-tailgating before hitting the other bars and clubs). Yes, Lot's of fine dining in Cabo. a few farm to table but our favorite is still Flora Farms NE of San Jose marina.
Ceritos Beach has become busy with some new bars about halfway down to beach now but it is nice place to learn to surf even for smaller kids. There are surf vendors there on location. I like Guy's private surfing and have made note. Thanks for positing.

cheers

Not sure I care to go to any other beach now, unless it is the Texas coast where I can drive and fish, or Hawaii where my dad lives. I do want to do more surfing there, I want to rent a 4x4 and travel around. I been checking out all Baja on google earth, pretty cool really. East side is all dirt/sand road, no plumbing, not electricity...

Re: Cabo… [Re: Guy] #8865190 06/09/23 04:40 PM
S
slymer Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Its easy to bring back fish from Cabo. I have done it several times. It just needs to be completely frozen. When I was packing to leave I put the ziploc bags in a trash bag and then put it in a softsided ice chest.

Declare it when you get back to the US and you are good to go.

Re: Cabo… [Re: Greg] #8865401 06/09/23 10:28 PM
B
Blackout Bill Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Greg
Heck yeah, Esperanza is an amazing place. My wife and I got to go there for a presidents club trip about 15 years ago. One of the nicest places we’ve ever been. Have fun but keep your eyes open when you head downtown to Cabo Wabo or the Giggling Marlin. Hope you enjoy your surfing lesson up

Leaving Monday early am for our President’s Club trip. Staying at the Secrets at Los Cabos. Only 2nd time going down. I’ll return to this thread for food and drink suggestions since there’s so much to read.

Re: Cabo… [Re: Blackout Bill] #8866408 06/11/23 10:41 PM
Guy Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Blackout Bill
Originally Posted by Greg
Heck yeah, Esperanza is an amazing place. My wife and I got to go there for a presidents club trip about 15 years ago. One of the nicest places we’ve ever been. Have fun but keep your eyes open when you head downtown to Cabo Wabo or the Giggling Marlin. Hope you enjoy your surfing lesson up

Leaving Monday early am for our President’s Club trip. Staying at the Secrets at Los Cabos. Only 2nd time going down. I’ll return to this thread for food and drink suggestions since there’s so much to read.

Esperanza $$$, our tab for 3 was $600, I tipped $200. I did get the special, and few glasses of wine, horderves.... The food and services was great, and it is a sight to be seen. I would try local restaurants, and not hotel/resort restaurants (tourists traps).

Re: Cabo… [Re: Guy] #8866438 06/12/23 12:23 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Cabo.

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index